Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Yudo
May 15, 2003

mike12345 posted:

currently watching ep. 5. was looking forward to some crazy alt history tv show. not sure why I'm still watching. acting bad, low production value, writing eh. pfft. gently caress. nothing else on tv.

There is a lot I disliked about this series, but the production values were top notch: I'm not sure what you would find acceptable. It blew Netflix's most recent attempt out of the water in terms of looks and is equivalent to an HBO prestige production in that arena.

I have no idea what they were going for with Joe Blake but whatever it was they missed badly. If he had been killed, however, the show would have totally redeemed itself he is the worst loving character. All of the cast aside from Frink, Blake, and McCarthy were great and I won't fault Crain's actor for getting stuck with two screen black holes.

I don't know if is worth a season 2 or where they would go with it, but pacing is a serious problem that infects everything else about it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yudo
May 15, 2003

Platystemon posted:

The worst character is Ed McCarthy. This is non‐negotiable.

yeah, he was terrible too, but we don't see that much of him. Also lol at how contrived the attempted pistol destruction was. Like, there are no deep bodies of water in SF, or sewers or whatever; no, gotta melt it likes it's the terminator

Yudo
May 15, 2003

Irony of course is that Teller, Ulam and Fermi, important contributors to the atom bomb and critical to the hydrogen bomb's advent, all left Europe because of antisemitism.

• Locked thread