Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Call Me Charlie
Dec 3, 2005

by Smythe
The Casanova pilot was pretty decent. It went from what you'd expect to some weird version of Salo. The idea of a born lover, going against his nature to gain power, in a horrific society is an interesting one.

(but Sneaky Pete is loving garbage)

Gaz-L posted:

I keep meaning to watch Alpha House because I love John Goodman, but :effort:

Watch Treme instead. He did a good job in season 1.

Call Me Charlie fucked around with this message at 06:14 on Oct 25, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Call Me Charlie
Dec 3, 2005

by Smythe
This year's pilot season is up.

A violent western by Shane Black, a dark comedy by Tig Notaro, a thriller espionage by Steven Conrad, a 1920s period piece starring Christina Ricci as Zelda Fitzgerald, a drama about ladies in the newsroom in 1969 and a comedy about a teenager who's imaginary friends with "celebrities" (does Shaq and Flea from Red Hot Chili Peppers count as celebrities?)

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/11/05/arts/television/reviews-amazon-pilots-include-a-revolt-and-the-supernatural.html

Call Me Charlie
Dec 3, 2005

by Smythe

You should have seen what they had on the site when they first launched the show at like 3 AM.

It was the sieg-heil statue of liberty on a blood red background, the next flash part took forever to load so you were stuck there going :psyduck: until a bunch of block text started flashing like 'What if the nazis won the war?' 'What if there was no summer of love?' ' What if there was no *historical moment*' until it finally ended with 'What if there was no Amazon?'

And that was it. No details on it being a tv show or the season being available or anything beyond the name.

Somebody at Amazon must have realized how bad that looked because it was swapped out within hours.

Call Me Charlie
Dec 3, 2005

by Smythe
It's been renewed for season 2.

http://deadline.com/2015/12/the-man-in-the-high-castle-renewed-season-2-amazon-1201669352/

• Locked thread