Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Best Sailor Senshi?
This poll is closed.
Sailor Moon/Usagi Tsukino 6 4.51%
Sailor Mercury/Ami Mizuno 15 11.28%
Sailor Mars/Rei Hino 23 17.29%
Sailor Jupiter/Makoto Kino 42 31.58%
Sailor Venus/Minako Aino 6 4.51%
why didnt you put the outers on here fucker 41 30.83%
Total: 133 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
im playing spellforce and i hope i will hav efun with it

have any of you played spellforce

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
ArcSys fighting games rule because they look loving awesome, have fun characters, have cool music and are fun to play.

Essentially,

Allarion posted:

play Metal Gear Rising, but now mute it so you don't hear Rules of Nature

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Did dick spacious get banned again

Droyer
Oct 9, 2012

homeless snail posted:

graphics in a fighting game serve only to inform the players of state and suggest hitboxes, any fighting game where the graphics take that big of a priority is usually a bad one. I'm not saying you can't enjoy a bad game, but liking it doesn't make it good either

I look forward to your game of stock character models fighting in a featureless void to no music.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Also gas this thread.

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

Allarion posted:

For example, play Metal Gear Rising, but now mute it so you don't hear Rules of Nature

yeah, and MGR's music is actually tied to the gameplay through dynamic sound. even moreso than in a regular game, the soundtrack exists to enhance the gameplay by doing things like adding instruments/vocals as the fight proceeds and goes in your favor, and vice versa.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

homeless snail posted:

graphics in a fighting game serve only to inform the players of state and suggest hitboxes, any fighting game where the graphics take that big of a priority is usually a bad one
okay yeah gently caress this thread

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

If you must blink, do it now.

Endorph posted:

it's dick spacious though. literally his entire gimmick is crossing the line. it has been since he regged.
I'd argue ironic pedophila is at least as unacceptable as ironic racism.

Endorph posted:

im not saying that 'dick spacious has a gimmick and so is untouchable,' more that 'dick spacious doesn't really represent the standard posting'
Dick Spacious is far and away the poster most guilty of this and I'll be honest and say if he keeps his gimmick up he's probably not long for this board, but I can't say I'm fond of the way people tend to join in on his shtick and ride the wave.

In any case, that post was purely for the sake of the chat thread. The updated rules post will be far more general in its terms.

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

In after the lock I guess.

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

Bed, Bath, and Beyonce: id like to give the chat thread a week or two long break because some really dumb, circular conversations keep happening + you can hammer out new rules or w/e
Bed, Bath, and Beyonce: but if someone else makes one i cant really do poo poo so uh
Bed, Bath, and Beyonce: rip
Bad Seafood: I'll make a post saying it'll be open again in a week.
Bed, Bath, and Beyonce: yeah that's fair
Bed, Bath, and Beyonce: not to mention i think a break would improve the overall quality of posting (lol) in general
Bad Seafood: One sec, making that post.
Bad Seafood: Is it okay if I invoke your name? "Endorph requests"?
Bed, Bath, and Beyonce: it's a white noise thread no matter what but at the start there were definitely more actual psots about anime - and sure go for it - then people just repeating their gimmicks or trying to be King Chat Thread
Bed, Bath, and Beyonce: actually put that reasoning in too
Bad Seafood: I'll just copypaste this convo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

a week or two is an exaggeration, it'll probably be like, a weekend.

anyway i just felt like chat thread was kind of descending into incestuous memes and weird spiraling arguments. i want chill white noise posting and that seemed to be happening less. walk your dogs. go on srice's bike trips. see you all when i have a new av.

• Locked thread