Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SoR Blaze
Apr 12, 2006
I know fastmod and grenade range are a must, but should I go no panzerklein? I hear they make the game tedious at the end

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I know this wasn't your original avatar but I just love this game. Cheers, rediscover.
I don't know what the hell your talking about OP. gently caress you

Zoq-Fot-Pik
Jun 27, 2008

Frungy!
I don't know any of the mods, SoR Blaze. Good luck.

Dec 26, 2012

rediscover posted:

I don't know what the hell your talking about OP. gently caress you

i reckon, he's talking about silent storm

Buschmaki
Dec 26, 2012

‿︵‿︵‿︵‿Lean Addict︵‿︵‿︵‿
I'd say play through it vanilla once or at least for a while to feel out what you don't personally like, and then use mods in another playthrough.

SoR Blaze
Apr 12, 2006

Buschmaki posted:

I'd say play through it vanilla once or at least for a while to feel out what you don't personally like, and then use mods in another playthrough.

I played through like 3/4 of it once years ago but I remember those mods being hella recommended, I think I used them

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I know this wasn't your original avatar but I just love this game. Cheers, rediscover.

01011001 posted:

i reckon, he's talking about silent storm

lolz my b... i cant read.

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

neways download the uninstall mod OP.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up
if a game isnt good without mods, it isnt good at all

yeah actually they will
Aug 18, 2012
I thought this said silent scope.. sorry

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

The mods are zen death robot and Zoq-Fot-Pik. Tell Silent Storm I hope he gets better soon.

Seshoho Cian
Jul 26, 2010

no they will not posted:

I thought this said silent scope.. sorry

They could port Silent Scope to the Wii U and it would work pretty well, I think

Fredrik1
Jan 22, 2005

Gopherslayer
:rock:
Fallen Rib

elf help book posted:

if a game isnt good without mods, it isnt good at all

Counterpoint, all Bethesda RPGs.

SM64Guy
Apr 1, 2005

Fredrik1 posted:

not sure how thats a counter

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

SM64Guy posted:

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

now that i've installed the AI Fan Fix 4.1 patch, skill rebalance b0.81, vegetation and NPC quest plus v1.2 and finally figured out how to load them all together without the game crashing i can finally play this bethesda game and possibly have fun, gently caress yes!

Concordat
Mar 4, 2007

Secondary Objective: Commit Fraud - Complete
Silent Storm was developed by Russians, so of course you need to mod it.

Go with the one that rebalances the stat growth at the very least, otherwise the guys you have benched the entire game wind up with twice the stats of your active squad.

Dec 26, 2012

Fredrik1 posted:

that statement was probably made with those in mind

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

SM64Guy posted:

Givin
Jan 24, 2008
Givin of the Internet Hates You
horse anus mod

SoR Blaze
Apr 12, 2006
It's both cool and good to shoot a nazi and watch him ragdoll down a flight of stairs for 45+ seconds.

Average Bear
Apr 4, 2010

SoR Blaze posted:

It's both cool and good to shoot a nazi and watch him ragdoll down a flight of stairs for 45+ seconds.

Ah, greetings A Nazi

Whirlwind Jones
Apr 13, 2013

by Lowtax

net cafe scandal posted:

The mods are zen death robot and Zoq-Fot-Pik. Tell Silent Storm I hope he gets better soon.

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

THis game is cool

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

Average Bear posted:

Ah, greetings A Nazi

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

net cafe scandal posted:

lol

Action Tortoise
Feb 18, 2012

A wolf howls.
I know how he feels.

Seshoho Cian posted:

They could port Silent Scope to the Wii U and it would work pretty well, I think

use the whole tablet as the scope. like you're taking vacation pictures with your ipad.

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

new pokemon snap world be so good...

SoR Blaze
Apr 12, 2006
Is jagged alliance good? I never played it. Someone rank the games in this genre tia

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

SoR Blaze posted:

Is jagged alliance good? I never played it. Someone rank the games in this genre tia

1> Jagged Alliance 2 with 1.13 Mod
2> Everything else, they all suck

Dec 26, 2012

default ja2 is alright

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

01011001 posted:

default ja2 is alright

i guess i would rank default ja2 above everything else that is bullshit but under 1.13

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Silent Storm is really good. The only mod you really need is the skill rebalance one because that's just fixing a really dumb bug. Panzerkleins are fine because otherwise the endgame is just the same poo poo you've been doing all game

Sentinels is way better than the main game and PKs are a lot better balanced in it

• Locked thread