Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Rainbow Knight
Apr 19, 2006

We die.
We pray.
To live.
We serve

All of the actors in s42 will fund SC by paying craypegs to not release s42.

whoops new page

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

LuiCypher posted:

Oh man, what goon with more money than sense did you piss off today?

someone that read the GOKU thread

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

Thoatse posted:

They all got snapped up in a limited one-time offer sale last week so are all gone forever so he will have to wait until the semiannual sale to get another unless someone makes reproduction ones the the buymonthly sale or he picks one up on the greywhale market.

drat.

Hey wait, what if I copy one of the ones that got sold but I make sure to go into photoshop and put a filter on it first? And maybe like put a playing card in the elephant's sleeve.

That'd be okay, right?

A Neurotic Jew
Feb 17, 2012

by exmarx

Nellistos posted:

So, is there any point to keep up F5-ing Derek's feed, and reddit?
Bladestone farming was the norm for tonight.

in the next couple hours a video with Erin Roberts answering 10 retarded questions will be put out. This was the format that they revealed SeatGate and the Star Marine modules cancellation with.

I personally think the actual news will be revealed on the wednesday RtV, but its hard to say.

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

SerCypher posted:

Derek you'd be a good phone sex operator.

Or a bad one I'm not sure.

In any case gently caress Erin just tell us what happened.

Since Erin is still en-route to the UK...

Hints:

- Star Citizen (like Star Marine when I said it) has been put on indefinite hold internally. That's primarily why Chris (of all people) couldn't talk about anything beyond 2.x. All they are going to be doing now are bug fixes and tweaks. They never planned - and won't be doing - any of the promised features. All the primary engineers are doing now is pulling a pay check for appearances sake. It's unsustainable and within the next few weeks; there will be a complete shutdown of everything not related to SQ42.

- All hands on SQ42 (which is still more of a mess, than it is a game) as we've know about; but it's serious now and has been communicated company-wide to "parties who need to know"

- I now have 11 confirmed top tier leavers (management doesn't know about at least 7 of them); a few of them are staging a joint exit. I have no intentions of naming names as I have done in the past. So you all will need to run your own LinkedIn trolling.

- As I predicted, they are literally out of money to finish these projects. Like literally. When I posted about "going concern" few days ago, that's what I meant. And they've been looking for investment/bailout. Past and recent efforts to raise (not just through ship sales) money, have failed. And they haven't disclosed this to the backers because they don't feel that they have to. Though one person did point out that croberts had indicated that if he wasn't making $3m per month, he would have to scale back. That's what he is expected to fall back to when the time comes. Except that he's also gone on the record as saying that if funding stopped, he could still complete the game. I have links to both statements.

- This is one that I simply cannot mention. At all. I am awaiting legal clearance (one has flat out said "don't do it"), which is why I sent Erin a message.

I trust my sources 100% because I tend to corroborate these things with others because I don't want anyone running a False Flag op on me; as that would be bad.

Seriously, I can't say more than this without causing problems for scared sources. I fear that I may have already done just that with this post :(

All I can say it that, anyone who has more than $5K in this, and wants to get to the truth before the end game plays out, needs to go find an attorney. right now.

TCW
Sep 28, 2015

VealCutlet posted:

So Easter = 140 pages, anything actually interesting happen apart from re-incarnation?

Cig might have been bought out. Erin Roberts might be leaving. Strap in, thing are getting interesting.

Brazilianpeanutwar
Aug 27, 2015

Spent my walletfull, on a jpeg, desolate, will croberts make a whale of me yet?

eviljack posted:

You know what, you guys are right! Shitposting is more than just parpfaces and Ben jokes, or even an SA thread. It's a way of life.

That's the spirit!

Brazilianpeanutwar
Aug 27, 2015

Spent my walletfull, on a jpeg, desolate, will croberts make a whale of me yet?

Eonwe posted:

someone that read the GOKU thread

eonwe I made you a better worse av :D

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
today was a good day for this thread

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

Scruffpuff posted:

Activision should buy it. They can then scrap the entire engine and build it again from the ground up as World of Starcraft.

There's no way that this whole thing could deliver pure unfiltered comedy for years on end and end up delivering the game I've been waiting for since 2004.

The Gods don't love me enough.

runsamok
Jan 12, 2011

D_Smart posted:

All I can say it that, anyone who has more than $5K in this, and wants to get to the truth before the end game plays out, needs to go find an attorney. right now.

Thank goodness JarOfManyAnuses only has $4K in, he's safe as houses.

Rainbow Knight
Apr 19, 2006

We die.
We pray.
To live.
We serve

D_Smart posted:

dude just keep your source happy. gently caress goons they ruin everything.

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

D_Smart posted:

Hints:

- Star Citizen (like Star Marine when I said it) has been put on indefinite hold internally. That's primarily why Chris (of all people) couldn't talk about anything beyond 2.x. All they are going to be doing now are bug fixes and tweaks. They never planned - and won't be doing - any of the promised features. All the primary engineers are doing now is pulling a pay check for appearances sake. It's unsustainable and within the next few weeks; there will be a complete shutdown of everything not related to SQ42.

- All hands on SQ42 (which is still more of a mess, than it is a game) as we've know about; but it's serious now and has been communicated company-wide to "parties who need to know"

- I now have 11 confirmed top tier leavers (management doesn't know about at least 7 of them); a few of them are staging a joint exit. I have no intentions of naming names as I have done in the past. So you all will need to run your own LinkedIn trolling.

- As I predicted, they are literally out of money to finish these projects. Like literally. When I posted about "going concern" few days ago, that's what I meant. And they've been looking for investment/bailout. Past and recent efforts to raise (not just through ship sales) money, have failed. And they haven't disclosed this to the backers because they don't feel that they have to. Though one person did point out that croberts had indicated that if he wasn't making $3m per month, he would have to scale back. That's what he is expected to fall back to when the time comes. Except that he's also gone on the record as saying that if funding stopped, he could still complete the game. I have links to both statements.

- This is one that I simply cannot mention. At all. I am awaiting legal clearance (one has flat out said "don't do it"), which is why I sent Erin a message.

I trust my sources 100% because I tend to corroborate these things with others because I don't want anyone running a False Flag op on me; as that would be bad.

Seriously, I can't say more than this without causing problems for scared sources. I fear that I may have already done just that with this post :(

i'm so close

SerCypher
May 10, 2006

Gay baby jail...? What the hell?

I really don't like the sound of that...
Fun Shoe

D_Smart posted:

Hints:

:gizz:

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

Guys, I think Star Citizen might be in some trouble

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
gently caress it, I bought my av back, when they change it they need to try to be funny

D1E
Nov 25, 2001

I'll say it again:

STAR CITIZEN: VISA will fast-track your chargeback!

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Daztek posted:

Guys, I think Star Citizen might be in some trouble

woah

Dusty Lens
Jul 1, 2015

All Glory unto the Stimpire. Give up your arms and legs and embrace the beautiful agony of electricity that doubles in pain every second.

So you're saying that, as of this moment, they have no money. Not in X amount of time, but that of March 28th 2016 CIG is bankrupt.

Not that they're close. Not that it's a looming specter. But that they are dead in the water.

TTerrible
Jul 15, 2005

D_Smart posted:

Hints:

:aaaaa: :aaaaa: :aaaaa: :aaaaa: :aaaaa:

Oh my god yes.

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

the way derek's talking they'll be done in less than a week, let alone Two Weeks

runsamok
Jan 12, 2011

Eonwe posted:

gently caress it, I bought my av back, when they change it they need to try to be funny

No glitches?

SirPhoebos
Dec 10, 2007

WELL THAT JUST HAPPENED!

D_Smart posted:

Hints:

:siren::supaburn::siren::supaburn::siren:

CrcleSqreSanchz
Aug 21, 2002

I'm feeling something new...something...I'm happy??!!
I'm thinking today is a good day to buy into Star Citizen. Thoughts?

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

Mikojan posted:

gently caress your poo poo Derek, really. You've got me edging all day.

Something better loving happen u piece of poo poo.

:D :D :D :D

tooterfish
Jul 13, 2013

CrcleSqreSanchz posted:

I'm thinking today is a good day to buy into Star Citizen. Thoughts?
As good a day as any.

D1E
Nov 25, 2001

I'm really glad MoMA joined right when he did.

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

D_Smart posted:

Hints:

I am almost there Derek, please keep going.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
this is wonderful

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

i for one am looking forward to mixing drinks aboard my space pirate ship

Thoatse
Feb 29, 2016

Lol said the scorpion, lmao

D_Smart posted:

- I now have 11 confirmed top tier leavers (management doesn't know about at least 7 of them); a few of them are staging a joint exit. I have no intentions of naming names as I have done in the past.

Do like the evilgenius goon (sorry goonbro, forgot who this was) suggested the other day and record a video of you naming names, upload it to youtoob to timestamp it but leave it private until after it's public knowledge, then release the hounds.

Post to the reddits for maximum paaarp

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

runsamok posted:

No glitches?

its just the good old original pink elephant for now, until they buy me another av

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

I have to sleep soon and I just know I'll wake up to hundreds of new posts

Blunderstorm
Mar 1, 2016

my grandfather just posts and all i got was this lousy joke, so what

Thoatse posted:

Do like the evilgenius goon (sorry goonbro, forgot who this was) suggested the other day and record a video of you naming names, upload it to youtoob to timestamp it but leave it private until after it's public knowledge, then release the hounds.

Post to the reddits for maximum paaarp

Do this derek

padijun
Feb 5, 2004

murderbears forever
what a great day to start reading this thread again :)

iron buns
Jan 12, 2016

sorla78 posted:

Activision, Electronic Arts, Microsoft, Disney... don't know which one would make backers more salty.

Facebook

Chalks
Sep 30, 2009

D_Smart posted:

- I now have 11 confirmed top tier leavers (management doesn't know about at least 7 of them); a few of them are staging a joint exit. I have no intentions of naming names as I have done in the past.

When? You dare say two weeks.....

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

alf_pogs posted:

i for one am looking forward to mixing drinks aboard my space pirate ship

With or without gravity? The game is *that* detailed.

TODD BONZALEZ
Jul 3, 2010

everything owns

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crazy_BlackParrot
Feb 1, 2016

Christ Roberts is way better than toilet lord...
:gary: :lesnick: :yarg:
:pgabz: :fuzzknot: :eonwe:
:wtchris:

D_Smart posted:

As much as I love your postings etc... I'm not seeing anything new? You have been saying this for months.
Same goes for the " I most check it with legal, because I most save it for court etc... " ( i'm paraphrasing )

What makes this time different? More real then ever? More doom and gloomy as say 10 weeks ago?
Good update tho.

• Locked thread