Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

D_Smart posted:

Welcome to my ignore filter

Is there a way, way bigger one of these :lol: ?

I need it right now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

D1E
Nov 25, 2001

D_Smart posted:

loving LOL how does this giant manbaby survive in actual society?

He must live like a hermit.

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

:catstare:

DapperDon
Sep 7, 2016

This is the funniest goddamned thing on the internet right now.

Sickening
Jul 16, 2007

Black summer was the best summer.

[/quote]

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Generation Internet
Jan 18, 2009

Where angels and generals fear to tread.

[/quote]

you are the weakest poster

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

anything he can't refute he ignores, he is a shitizen in all but name

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

D_Smart posted:

Yeah. He's been banned today. There's only so much toxic bullshit I can take. The site is setup for archiving Star Citizen material, not hosting some wanker's angst-ridden drivel.

Can't really have one without the other there

D1E
Nov 25, 2001

Mods please challenge Derek.

Assuming you aren't Greenies.

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

D1E posted:

LOL anyone who wants to join the Derek Smart Fan Club has my blessing.

That's an instant self-own.

PM me if you still want that greenie e-vite

DapperDon
Sep 7, 2016

peter gabriel posted:

The best way of understanding it is this:

MoMMA likes posh shoes
Derek has expressed dislike for pizza.

FIFY

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

Star Citizen: Welcome to my ignore filter

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

lmao

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

The most baffling thing about this, and there are many, is that he somehow thinks cavemen used to shout 'left a bit, left a bit more, no now right a bit' while out hunting :psyduck:

Acquilae
May 15, 2013

Tijuana Bibliophile posted:

Mirificus posted:

:catstare:
I want to hear what shitizen thinks of various debate topics

/thread

nawledgelambo
Nov 8, 2016

Immersion chariot
So nevermind, I gotta say moma is probably right with evo playtesting SM -- the hacked out videos posting to youtube and gifs being made are by dudes mining the data files who AREN'T Evocati's.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EU311gOYS0Y

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

peter gabriel posted:

The most baffling thing about this, and there are many, is that he somehow thinks cavemen used to shout 'left a bit, left a bit more, no now right a bit' while out hunting :psyduck:

i also quite enjoy that he "decided" this, as though the matter is now settled and this is how it is going to be and was

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

alf_pogs posted:

i also quite enjoy that he "decided" this, as though the matter is now settled and this is how it is going to be and was

You can imagine him gingerly putting down his quill, relaxing his shoulders and softly smiling to himself as he breathes out and feels elated in the moment

Dongicus
Jun 12, 2015

Thanks to the mods for removing the slur in the sub-forum title.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

You won't see this post derek, but never change

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

peter gabriel posted:

You can imagine him gingerly putting down his quill, relaxing his shoulders and softly smiling to himself as he breathes out and feels elated in the moment

"this theory is... acceptable" he murmurs to himself, briefly rubbing his fingertips together

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

The call is coming from inside Dr. House
Grimey Drawer

quote:

"You can click the icon but nothing happens."

quote:

"People are playing right now? It's unavailable until Friday. Don't believe anyone that tells you otherwise."

quote:

"It's poo poo."

quote:

"It has problems but that's expected. Teams load incorrectly, people die instantly, people don't respawn correctly, matchmaking seems hit and miss."

quote:

"I'm not happy with it but I see a lot of potential; a good starting point."
I guess its both in the game and not in the game and playable and unplayable

the star citizen community is tearing itself aparrrttttttttttttttttttttt

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos
Dear diary, today I noted a most peculiar oddity with the female human species. It would appear that despite their best efforts they simply cannot differentiate the difference between their left and right.
Upon realising this I was most fascinated and it does make one wonder how the little poppets survive day to day life with such a disability! I had to chortle to myself as I awaited my suet pudding this afternoon. I will ponder this further this evening after I have finished the arduous task of burying my fine Parmesan cheese in the garden.

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to fool them all
One Ring to find them
One Ring to milk them all
and pockets fully line them
Grimey Drawer

What screen do you launch Star Marine from? I'm talking to a guy on reddit that says he's in evocati, has fully patched and he can't find it anywhere.

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

i like that consistently and repeatedly, cig find new ways to disappoint and aggrieve their backers

aleksendr
May 14, 2014

nawledgelambo posted:

So nevermind, I gotta say moma is probably right with evo playtesting SM -- the hacked out videos posting to youtube and gifs being made are by dudes mining the data files who AREN'T Evocati's.

Yeah, but its easy to load an asset map and simply explore it as a player since the *.pak files are in the update. Having a 4VS4 match with lobby, matchmaking and victory condition is another matter entirely. The avocados testing might be "Just explore the map and check for cliptrough for now" while they work on the lobby and matchmaking for 2.6b next week.

Both D_Smart and Moma could be both wrong and correct at the same time. This quantum superposition will probably never be resolved.

The real question is "Is SM either good or fun" and nobody has answered that so far.

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

has there ever been a company that matched them in treating its most vocal and dominant customer base like absolute crud, while relying on them so heavily

they have almost perfected a financially parasitic relationship

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

Grimey Drawer

aleksendr posted:

The real question is "Is SM either good or fun" and nobody has answered that so far.
from moma's sources its better than overwatch

he's been right a lot lately, I'm inclined to believe it

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo
STAR MARINE.PAK IS IN THE GAME!!!!

aleksendr
May 14, 2014

TheAgent posted:

from moma's sources its better than overwatch

he's been right a lot lately, I'm inclined to believe it

That game probably costed less than 130M$ and made twice that since release.

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

aleksendr posted:

Ohhh I can answer that one.

No

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

Tijuana Bibliophile posted:

quote:

D_Smart posted:
Yeah. He's been banned today. There's only so much toxic bullshit I can take. The site is setup for archiving Star Citizen material, not hosting some wanker's angst-ridden drivel.
Can't really have one without the other there

True. And that's why SA, Reddit, RSI forums exist. They can post all that poo poo there.

D1E
Nov 25, 2001

D_Smart posted:

True. And that's why SA, Reddit, RSI forums exist. They can post all that poo poo there.

Oh the irony.

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

nawledgelambo posted:

No, he's not. The files exist in the build. That's it. Just like all the other crud they've been paking into those files since day one; hence the 30GB downloads.

tooterfish
Jul 13, 2013

aleksendr posted:

Let me just trek up the slopes of Mount Parnassus with a sack full of silver to see if we can puzzle out this mystery.

aleksendr
May 14, 2014

peter gabriel posted:

Ohhh I can answer that one.

No

Thank you, Dancing Cat, favorite poster avatar of my children. Reading about the shillizen trying to find the pebble of good in the sea of garbage via arduous mental gymnastic will be entertaining untill 3.0

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

I figured it out, when your forum can't even attract a dozen active users you call it "archiving"

D1E
Nov 25, 2001

Is thread being gassed in 11 pages or not?

Lladre
Jun 28, 2011

Soiled Meat

Dongicus posted:

Thanks to the mods for removing the slur in the sub-forum title.

Wait what?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

Grimey Drawer
"Is star marine any good?"

"I don't know, ask Mr Owl"

"Mr Owl, is star marine any good?"

"1, 2, 3 disconnects and a crash to desktop. its good"

• Locked thread