Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
2DCAT
Jun 25, 2015

pissssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssssss sssssssssssssssssss sssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssss ssssssssssssssssssssssssssss sssssssssssssss

Gravy Boat 2k

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to fool them all
One Ring to find them
One Ring to milk them all
and pockets fully line them
Grimey Drawer
Jeff Clark, Austin, Quality Assurance, June 2015 – January 2016 (8 months)
Ken Fairclough, Austin, Concept Artist November 2014 – December 2015 (1 year 2 months)

EminusSleepus
Sep 28, 2015

CrazyLoon posted:

The best part about ^ is still that limited edition Porsch in the background, probably belonging to Crobbers. Discoleak strikes again.

people who drives Porsche cars are either gay or inept.

it dont matter
Aug 29, 2008

AP posted:

Jeff Clark, Austin, Quality Assurance, June 2015 – January 2016 (8 months)
Ken Fairclough, Austin, Concept Artist November 2014 – December 2015 (1 year 2 months)

QA does seem a redundant post at CIG. Like they give a gently caress whether poo poo works or not.

Losing a concept artist though...gotta hurt. That's how they make their money.

it dont matter
Aug 29, 2008

I feel a bit sick saying this, but...in her defence that second picture is years old, way before this fiasco. However the shoot it is from does describe her as a "movie producer" which is nearly as laughable as qualified marine biologist, science teacher and most formally educated person.

There was a picture some hundreds of pages back of them taking a skiing holiday though. But perhaps it was research for an ice planet biome.

Also Sandi you have terrible taste in sunglasses seriously. Find a pair that suit the shape of your face. Quick somebody post the skiing pic because she looks like Johnny Depp's Willy Wonka and it's fuckin great.

mike12345
Jul 14, 2008

"Whether the Earth was created in 7 days, or 7 actual eras, I'm not sure we'll ever be able to answer that. It's one of the great mysteries."

never seen that bmw before. is that new? looks weird.

e: the type/model of the car, not the picture

mike12345 fucked around with this message at 16:07 on Jan 6, 2016

2DCAT
Jun 25, 2015

pissssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssssss sssssssssssssssssss sssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssss ssssssssssssssssssssssssssss sssssssssssssss

Gravy Boat 2k

SpunkyRedKnight
Oct 12, 2000

mike12345 posted:

never seen that bmw before. is that new? looks weird.

e: the type/model of the car, not the picture

Looks like a Z8. Early 2000s.

Found an angle where Sandi looks better.

SpunkyRedKnight fucked around with this message at 16:12 on Jan 6, 2016

Scruffpuff
Dec 23, 2015

Fidelity. Wait, was I'm working on again?

:newlol:

it dont matter
Aug 29, 2008

EminusSleepus
Sep 28, 2015

alphabettitouretti posted:

I feel a bit sick saying this, but...in her defence that second picture is years old, way before this fiasco. However the shoot it is from does describe her as a "movie producer" which is nearly as laughable as qualified marine biologist, science teacher and most formally educated person.

There was a picture some hundreds of pages back of them taking a skiing holiday though. But perhaps it was research for an ice planet biome.

Also Sandi you have terrible taste in sunglasses seriously. Find a pair that suit the shape of your face. Quick somebody post the skiing pic because she looks like Johnny Depp's Willy Wonka and it's fuckin great.

which one?

this?

or this?

Full Video
https://www.facebook.com/215475438505750/videos/10202119336574683/

Gif version

it dont matter
Aug 29, 2008

EminusSleepus posted:

which one?

this?

Dapper Dan
Dec 16, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 3 years!

D_Smart posted:

^this

But I'm more concerned about how to combat review bombing, than I am about the money

Honestly, I think you are just going to have to whether that storm. Its hard for Steam to do something about it when people buy your game, play for an hour and a half and just refund it. I think when SC crashes and burns, they'll have more important things to do than review bomb your games.

kordansk
Sep 12, 2011

Look at all those rich white people!

Thronde
Aug 4, 2012

Fun Shoe

I could stare and laugh at that all day. Truly, amazing. Bravo. Thread fin.

it dont matter
Aug 29, 2008

Fake and gay. She hasn't taken a day off in years. Although she did say that in the email which shitizens have also denounced as fake so hmmmm

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

I do find it disturbing that this thread puts so much effort into creating fake photos, emails, etc. for the purposes of libel and espionage.

Bootcha
Nov 13, 2012

Truly, the pinnacle of goaltending
Grimey Drawer

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

Dapper Dan
Dec 16, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 3 years!

This is amazing. This is the only thing I'm going to picture when one of those autistic Star Citizens blames Derek Smart for the eventual collapse of the game

Romes128
Dec 28, 2008

Fun Shoe

Oh god whereas the guy that was tallying the prices of restoration hardware furniture. Lol

Bootcha
Nov 13, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Thronde
Aug 4, 2012

Fun Shoe

Clealry that's a more apt comparison of her.

Romes128
Dec 28, 2008

Fun Shoe

FactsAreUseless posted:

I do find it disturbing that this thread puts so much effort into creating fake photos, emails, etc. for the purposes of libel and espionage.

What's even more disturbing is that we're all derek smart. Even you.

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

Sandi Gardiner, Garbage Person posted:

I also haven't taken one day off since I started this project because if its not one person who needs help its another. Just this last Thanksgiving I worked and will also be doing the same over Christmas unfortunately as no-one else is going to do it.

Gravy Train Robber
Sep 15, 2007

by zen death robot

Dapper Dan posted:

This is amazing. This is the only thing I'm going to picture when one of those autistic Star Citizens blames Derek Smart for the eventual collapse of the game

Thats exactly whats going to happen. Remember, Star Citizen cannot fail, it can only be failed. When it goes down, the true believers will blame anyone but CIG. It'll be Derek's fault. Or the evil publishing magnates. Or Lowtax. Or Beer. Or Bootcha. Or the Escapist. Everything was going fine until some horrible, evil goons decided for no good reason to tear down DREAMS. It was a conspiracy! Why did they ruin it! Chris and Sandi are innocent victims of a lynch mob!

Dapper Dan
Dec 16, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 3 years!

Romes128 posted:

Oh god whereas the guy that was tallying the prices of restoration hardware furniture. Lol

That furniture is seriously loving ugly.

Wait, didn't they vacation in Monte Carlo or something?

EminusSleepus
Sep 28, 2015

kordansk
Sep 12, 2011
Look, if she bills for the hours, she didn't take the day off.

Martout
Aug 8, 2007

None so deprived

Dapper Dan posted:

That furniture is seriously loving ugly.

And it's probably 1-3000$ a pop to boot.

Scruffpuff
Dec 23, 2015

Fidelity. Wait, was I'm working on again?

DigitalMocking
Jun 8, 2010

Wine is constant proof that God loves us and loves to see us happy.
Benjamin Franklin

:perfect:

2DCAT
Jun 25, 2015

Gravy Boat 2k

:five:

Bootcha
Nov 13, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Bait and Swatch
Sep 5, 2012

Join me, Comrades
In the Star Citizen D&D thread

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

I've spent ages trying to think of a thread/subject that has delivered as much as Star Citizen... and I can't think of one.

I've been here nearly 15 years. I've seen a lot.

Sandi, Chris, :lesnick: and co... thank you for the unprecedented entertainment.

LCL-Dead
Apr 22, 2014

Grimey Drawer
Just finished reading beer's letter drop.

Amazing. Just loving amazing.

DigitalMocking
Jun 8, 2010

Wine is constant proof that God loves us and loves to see us happy.
Benjamin Franklin

Scruffpuff posted:

So far, we have engaged in the tradition of "10 For the Chairman", where Chris Roberts personally says "yes" to 10 hand-selected questions by you, the community! This is irrefutable proof of our open development.

Now, we're going to try something different. This week, feast your eyes on our new feature, "10 For the Chairwoman", where Sandi Gardiner herself answers all of your questions about the 'Verse!

Question 1: I'm curious about the new animal skinning mechanic. Can I also capture live animals, bring them to another planet, and have them realistically integrate with the biosphere, including introducing or falling prey to different pathogens?

Sandi: Without Chris Roberts there is NO PROJECT. He is the project, NO ONE else has the expertize nor the vision and everyone works here because they are on his project, otherwise everyone should just go out and do it themselves.

Question 2: I am wondering about the different torpedo types. Unlike lasers and projectile weapons, torpedoes must have a fuel source of some kind. Can we research, produce, and then put different types of fuel in our torpedoes for different situations?

Sandi: From my perspective, I bet money on the fact that for more than 3 years I have done the job of at least 6 people and I am a shrewd businesswoman with a lot of experience in business.

Question 3: I was overjoyed to learn you were putting birds in the game. My pet parrot, Lenny, died years ago in a tragic blender mishap. Can I scan photos of Lenny and have him recreated in the 'Verse?

Sandi: The project would not be here without me. I wrote up the full plan by myself before anyone else was on board. I have also been actively searching for more than two years, we haven't found someone to replace me yet nor work for the salary I am paid.

Question 4: Regarding new ship sales, what is the "Rule of Thumb", as it were, that determines if a ship design passes muster and gets approved for addition to the game? What characteristics do you favor in terms of mechanics, aesthetics, etc.?

Sandi: VPs also in general, don't want to get their hands dirty in the trenches like I do and at the very least they have an assistant which I don't even have that.

Question 5: Regarding creating our avatars, I know that there is no character creation screen just yet. How deep will character customization go? Is it preset facial features, or will there be sliders for fine-tuning? Can we change height, weight, etc.?

Sandi: I also haven't taken one day off since I started this project because if its not one person who needs help its another. Just this last Thanksgiving I worked and will also be doing the same over Christmas unfortunately as no-one else is going to do it.

Question 6: I love, more than anything else, the promise of multi-crew in this game. Will there be a chance to see things like alien NPC vessels trying to commandeer a damaged ship while the crew is outside, using EVA, trying to do emergency repairs, forcing us to use FPS weapons to defend it?

Sandi: We have a fan base of over one million people now, I work 16 hours a day pretty much everyday and so do most people here, certainly Chris who codes all the time early into the morning.

Question 7: Will there be other ways to get raw resources besides mining asteroids? For example, salvaging wrecks, or going planetside for more plentiful but more mundane resources?

Sandi: Truth be known my life was way more grand before all of this started and I'm pretty confident I am the more formally educated person in this whole company.

Question 8: What sort of mechanics are in place if we run out of fuel and become adrift in space? Will there be beacons we can place, that might result in a rescue, or even attract a hostile response?

Sandi: Who doesn't 'silence doubters'? - - I am a qualified teacher, I can't have rowdy teenagers in the class constantly disrupting the class, nothing gets done nor moves forward.

Question 9: This is a Squadron 42 question: How flexible is the story? Are there different paths or endings that might occur due to my choices, like many Bioware games, or is it a set storyline?

Sandi: I am one of the best saleswomen in the world without a shadow of a doubt and always have been since I was a very small girl and I know a great product when I see it.

Question 10: Will there ever be a choice in the future to play as the Vanduul? I think it would be very interesting to play through the game from that point of view, and it could make player encounters even more interesting.

Sandi: What I have seen this year is a vocal minority of people who get butt-hurt that they are not a special snowflake anymore and butt hurt their opinion isn't well received so they shout louder or find someone who agrees with them to validate their opinon.

Well that wraps up this episode of "10 For the Chairwoman", I hope everyone found this enlightening! We'll see you ... in the 'Verse!

:golfclap:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

:aaaaa:

• Locked thread