Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CrazyLoon
Aug 10, 2015

"..."

peter gabriel posted:

I don't even know what that means, I am terrible at this :v:

Edit: Just googled it, it isn't even relevant to steak or apples

Add a whip to that dancing cat, and you may use it freely IMO.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

quote:

Activities: Swimming, Hanging around watching anime of course!!!! That and guns.

198 Animes:
5770 episodes
15 movies
What a waste of potential, someone should have pointed her to ADTRW and GIP.

CrazyLoon posted:

Yea, SC_Druggie is a she - as I noted before, even more hilarious to remember her back from a time of over 1 year ago, when on the RSI boards she bragged about her tits cup size or something, Lauresh popped in to just say: "Steady on, girl. Have some self-respect" or somesuch, to which SC_Druggie replied: "Lol, must just be a bitch jealous of my titties." and got probated for it.
Judging by her crunchyroll picture those titties are nothing to write home about, do I detect a pattern of delusion here?

MeLKoR fucked around with this message at 18:59 on Jan 18, 2016

ZenMaster
Jan 24, 2006

I Saved PC Gaming

OhDearGodNo posted:

I really like you, even though you never got a PRS.

I'd love to see more of these, in depth. I wish I had the free time. Maybe 2-4 videos.

Examples:

- video showing the history of Star Marine and how it was worked on for a year and just disappeared. Everything from the maps, models, effects, sata ball. Detailing it chronological with screenshots and quotes.

- video about how vapid the fanbase has become, how people are hiding their spending from significant others, dissent is silenced, rape and the stimpire.

- video about how batshit insane their VP is. Ignore the racism and pubes but the emails and the citizen con.

- 4.5 different motion capture studios, and how the "Merrow tour" meant to showcase sq42 was never released or redone.

I just watched the Doom 4 gameplay trailer and if Star Marine is better than the FPS in that game (even as generic as it looked) I would eat a pilgrim cross.

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Kings need not raise their voices to be heard

CrazyLoon posted:

Yea, SC_Druggie is a she - as I noted before, even more hilarious to remember her back from a time of over 1 year ago, when on the RSI boards she bragged about her tits cup size or something, Lauresh popped in to just say: "Steady on, girl. Have some self-respect" or somesuch, to which SC_Druggie replied: "Lol, must just be a bitch jealous of my titties." and got probated for it.

All this time later and I see she just dug herself a deeper hole in the .jpegs debt and has not improved her self-respect one bit.

I like the challenge of altered lyrics with a song I know well, I guess. Or I'm a masochist - take your pick.
I Googled ReikaMichiko and now I know more than I wanted to know :unsmith:

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

Tippis posted:

“Sulaco dropship” as in “the dropship on the Sulaco”. Duh. :colbert:

Why is there no “push glasses up the nose” smily? Or am I just blind?

You might be thinking of :crossarms:.

Xaerael
Aug 25, 2010

Marching Powder is objectively the worst poster known. He also needs to learn how a keyboard works.

Just a reminder guys, there's only 53 hours left to get in on the sweet ship share deal some guy is trying to set up on kickstarter! Remember, it's totally not a scam, and you get access to an already free voip service!

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/774515878/star-citizen-ship-share-for-co-op-and-future-clan

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos
backers
$0.00
pledged of $200 goal
hours to go

Be still my beating heart

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos
If you are a grown up and you have to do a Kickstarter for $200 it;s time to have a word with yourself.

"How can I get $200? How can this dream become a reality?"

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

Rhubarb94 posted:

To be fair to him I've been lurking here for a while, but I didn't want to register on one of Karl's regular Lowtax donation day's in case of mistaken identity.

I AM NOT KARL ! :gary:

Posting that was as much fun as I thought it would be, I now have the power to deploy dancy cat to increase the gravitas of my shitposts :pgabz: .

That's exactly what you'd say if you were Karl.

gently caress off, Karl.

Tokyo Sexwale
Jul 30, 2003

So she thinks the game coming out would somehow be a catastrophe for us but we're the ones with cognitive problems, I see.

Berious
Nov 13, 2005

peter gabriel posted:

If you are a grown up and you have to do a Kickstarter for $200 it;s time to have a word with yourself.

I assumed it was a kid who didn't save his pocket money. If kickstarer actually verifies you are an adult then that's all kinds of sad.

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

It's yet another day in the wasteland.

CrazyLoon posted:

I like the challenge of altered lyrics with a song I know well, I guess. Or I'm a masochist - take your pick.

Can't argue that. It was more a case of trying to remember the lyrics and realising I couldn't come up with anything that would fit any better. The names might change, I suppose, and having a priest doesn't really tie into anything, but still — it's a pretty accurate description from the get-go.

ZenMaster posted:

Here you go

Yay.

MeLKoR posted:

You might be thinking of :crossarms:.

No, I saw that one. I was looking more for something like the above. The image that I had in mind was the MGS3 scientist disguise, where Snake has a very convincing adjusting-glasses animation.

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

https://forums.robertsspaceindustries.com/discussion/comment/6257205/#Comment_6257205

A Neurotic Jew
Feb 17, 2012

by exmarx
$106 million y'all :homebrew:

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Star Citizens are not impressed with CIG's handling of Star Marine.

https://forums.robertsspaceindustries.com/discussion/comment/6249621/#Comment_6249621

https://forums.robertsspaceindustries.com/discussion/comment/6249770/#Comment_6249770

https://forums.robertsspaceindustries.com/discussion/comment/6249786/#Comment_6249786

Chalks
Sep 30, 2009

M'soda is what you say when you tip your hat to your soft drink, right?

I thought I'd seen every format of unintelligible forum handle but this is a new one.

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

Berious posted:

I assumed it was a kid who didn't save his pocket money. If kickstarer actually verifies you are an adult then that's all kinds of sad.

Yeah it kind of is :(

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Mirificus posted:

Star Citizens are not impressed with CIG's handling of Star Marine.
There are some exceptions...

https://forums.robertsspaceindustries.com/discussion/comment/6257787/#Comment_6257787

...but there is a lot of dissatisfaction

https://forums.robertsspaceindustries.com/discussion/comment/6257991/#Comment_6257991

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

The best thing I remember with the Star Marine debacle was how it was constantly delayed due to "juke" animations. So they ripped them out around October, gave a final update and that was that.

But according to most of the cultists, we are testing the true FPS in the PU. It gets somewhat confusing.

Along with the fact no one can really change the "Use" pop up with Cry(Star)Engine when you approach an object since it is so ingrained within the bowels of the engine. They just need to start shuffling code around. If it works, great. If not, oh well, laugh at it on RTV.

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

Someone photoshop a larger number and post it. I want to see wesha get really salty and mad.

https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen/comments/414fk3/do_i_have_a_problem/cz2y0uo

Let's see if someone bites.

e: Ughh, that's 2 days old, pretty much dead at this point!

surc
Aug 17, 2004

I like to imagine that Illfonic built a solid game most of the way through, had poo poo go south with CIG, and is just going to switch IP's for the game, polish it, and release an enjoyable, small-to-medium scale shooter :)

Berious
Nov 13, 2005

Shitizens are getting tired of the most open development ever. Even big whales are complaining. The next few months will be fun as AC stagnates and all CIG has to offer is empty promises :getin:

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy

surc posted:

I like to imagine that Illfonic built a solid game most of the way through

Hahahaha, that's a good one

surc
Aug 17, 2004

Quit stomping on my DREAMS!

E: But seriously, I can only imagine how frustrating it must be working as an external company brought in to work on a project with the micromanagement and unapproval processes of CIG. Like, you don't have the daily poo poo-on-everything-you-do, so you keep having the expectation of being treated like a real dev. Then along come the weeklies or however they're getting approval, and BAM.

surc fucked around with this message at 19:37 on Jan 18, 2016

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

Is there an engine around that could have made what they planned for this game feasible?

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

:smith:

https://forums.robertsspaceindustries.com/discussion/313848/indoctrinating-family

A Neurotic Jew
Feb 17, 2012

by exmarx

oooh, another $1000-$2499 backer

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Truga posted:

https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen/comments/414fk3/do_i_have_a_problem/cz2y0uo

Let's see if someone bites.

e: Ughh, that's 2 days old, pretty much dead at this point!
Might have been more effective to reply to Wesha so he could receive a notification.

Xaerael
Aug 25, 2010

Marching Powder is objectively the worst poster known. He also needs to learn how a keyboard works.

Gumbel2Gumbel posted:

Is there an engine around that could have made what they planned for this game feasible?

RPG maker?

Berious
Nov 13, 2005

Gumbel2Gumbel posted:

Once Frontier get multicrew working I'd say Elite would have most of SCs unique selling points actually working. Apart from the most pie in the sky stuff like space research ships, mixing drinks and molestation.

CrazyLoon
Aug 10, 2015

"..."

The 9th just keep on delivering the insanity. And Tycho's definitely one of the sadder sacks of that lot.

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

Truga posted:

Hahahaha, that's a good one

Yeah, this is an interesting thing. Obviously Illfonic wasn't up to the task at hand...but...they were probably handed a list of deliverables and felt they could deliver based on those deliverables. Both sides signed off.

Obviously CIG probably chose a studio that was hungry and didn't take much of their past work that seriously. They had to scramble so the FPS could get out the door. Illfonic to the rescue because no one else was dumb enough to see this train wreck coming a mile away.

Illfonic read the list, thought...yeah, we can do a lot of this and off they went.

So what we had was a marriage from hell. I imagine it would be like if my wife asked me to run to the store for bananas. I come back, and wife-roberts exclaims those aren't ripe enough. Go back. These are too green. Repeat the process.

Between that and trying to merge the myriad of sound design changes, code branches, pipeline changes, studio changes, goal post changes, etc. no wonder why they wanted to put a 38 in their mouth and pull the trigger by the end of the project.

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

Berious posted:

Once Frontier get multicrew working I'd say Elite would have most of SCs unique selling points actually working. Apart from the most pie in the sky stuff like space research ships, mixing drinks and molestation.

Yeah. It looks like No Man's Sky might actually end up being entertaining for 30-40 hours. I still want to give Elite a chance since everyone else has supported it through its most boring moments, by the time I get my desktop built I think it'll be a lot of fun.

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

A Neurotic Jew posted:

oooh, another $1000-$2499 backer
You sure love checking those figures :)

CrazyLoon posted:

The 9th just keep on delivering the insanity. And Tycho's definitely one of the sadder sacks of that lot.
Do they have somewhat of a reputation?

Hav
Dec 11, 2009

Fun Shoe

Gumbel2Gumbel posted:

There's some argument that the engines matured during the 'development' of SC, but considering that they'd settled on cryengine before CRoberts started agreeing with every half-arsed wishlist item. Fundamentally the issue is that you have to heavily modify frameworks to do what you want if the feature that you want doesn't already exist, and even after Crytek offering a hand, they still don't have a physics engine worth a drat.

The other aspect is that they're looking for deep grognard level fidelity on things that are a menu option in other games, so rather than simply paying for your ship to get repaired, you'll have some sperg telling you that the interociter is buggered, and they don't make them for this ship anymore, but I have a mate breaking one of these two systems over. Mechanisms have received concept art, but no *actual* design.

Weirdly, they probably would have been better rolling something by hand, but went the route of the pre-built engine because *speed*.

Sarsapariller
Aug 14, 2015

Occasional vampire queen

peter gabriel posted:

I like that he did the kickstarter and then did not, himself, put any money into it.

"I will own the ship, but you can fly in it if you give me some money. Did I put any money down for it? Of course not, what kind of sucker do I- I mean, no, I spent all of my money organizing the kickstarter campaign."

A true Citizen.

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

EightAce posted:

So what are you saying his 'Golden hands ' count for nothing ? I bet he could code Derek Smart into a pretzel

We need us a (Hollywood style) coder showdown...

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

Hav posted:

There's some argument that the engines matured during the 'development' of SC, but considering that they'd settled on cryengine before CRoberts started agreeing with every half-arsed wishlist item. Fundamentally the issue is that you have to heavily modify frameworks to do what you want if the feature that you want doesn't already exist, and even after Crytek offering a hand, they still don't have a physics engine worth a drat.

The other aspect is that they're looking for deep grognard level fidelity on things that are a menu option in other games, so rather than simply paying for your ship to get repaired, you'll have some sperg telling you that the interociter is buggered, and they don't make them for this ship anymore, but I have a mate breaking one of these two systems over. Mechanisms have received concept art, but no *actual* design.

Weirdly, they probably would have been better rolling something by hand, but went the route of the pre-built engine because *speed*.

As far as fidelity, my favorite thing is the door that they passed off as part of a corridor because they didn't feel like making a proper model.

Now that I think about it, cheap jury rigged space ships like something out of Mad Max in space would have made for an interesting faction design. Not Mass Effect but blander.

Gonkish
May 19, 2004

Gumbel2Gumbel posted:

Considering that their "planning" (if we can be so kind as to describe it as such) is mostly whatever the gently caress Chris says yes to on 10 for the Chairman... probably not, no. The whole debacle is built around the fact that Chris is terrible at managing projects, terrible at setting realistic goals, and terrible at minimizing his "vision".

Once this poo poo show crossed the SQ42 threshold it was doomed, because immediately Chris and (to a lesser extent) Sandi were always going to drink the Hollywood wannabe kool-aid. Hence Chris masturbating over his script, and Sandi padding her CV.

Somewhat ironically the focus on 42 could work simply because it has a stated end goal, or at least it would if CIG was competently managed. The smaller scale would allow them to focus on making an actual game... the problem being that Chris keeps shifting goalposts and the brown sea keeps throwing more money at him whenever he does.

Chris says dumb poo poo a lot. This causes a lot of issues. I don't think I have ever heard him say no to a question unless it related to furries, rape, or release dates. I feel like they should have feature locked this poo poo a long time ago.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sarsapariller
Aug 14, 2015

Occasional vampire queen

Colostomy Bag posted:

Yeah, this is an interesting thing. Obviously Illfonic wasn't up to the task at hand...but...they were probably handed a list of deliverables and felt they could deliver based on those deliverables. Both sides signed off.

Obviously CIG probably chose a studio that was hungry and didn't take much of their past work that seriously. They had to scramble so the FPS could get out the door. Illfonic to the rescue because no one else was dumb enough to see this train wreck coming a mile away.

I don 't know- Illfonic didn't seem the like the problem from this trailer:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OJkAwDXgKEs

Consider that the "Replacement" for all of this has been basically just a gun that doesn't work very well- no animations, no HUD, no grenades, no levels, nothing that would stand out in today's market. They may not have been a great studio but they were obviously years ahead of CIG.

• Locked thread