Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
G0RF
Mar 19, 2015

Some galactic defender you are, Space Cadet.

TTerrible posted:

i_still_trust_cig needs an account (if they don't already have one :monocle:)

You gents like the short con, I like the long.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kakarot
Jul 20, 2013

by zen death robot
Buglord
Make a SC take trailer using quotes from the stimpire :)

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice
Anyone know where I can find this post on RSI forum or did they remove it?

Thronde
Aug 4, 2012

Fun Shoe

G0RF posted:

:five::five::five:

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

G0RF posted:

Nice photoshop!

Foul Ole Ron
Jan 6, 2005

All of you, please don't rush, everyone do the Guybrush!
Fun Shoe

Daztek posted:

Nice photoshop!

Inceptroll

bumbles
Nov 26, 2015

by Lowtax
some pro-tier trolling there :five:

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to fool them all
One Ring to find them
One Ring to milk them all
and pockets fully line them
Grimey Drawer

D_Smart posted:

Anyone know where I can find this post on RSI forum or did they remove it?

https://forums.robertsspaceindustries.com/discussion/comment/6295833/#Comment_6295833

G0RF
Mar 19, 2015

Daztek posted:

Nice photoshop!

I'll mention your name in my next performance, Daztek. Because you are on MY TROLL LIST, friend.

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

G0RF posted:

I'll mention your name in my next performance, Daztek. Because you are on MY TROLL LIST, friend.

Pgabz will protect me!

BMan
Oct 31, 2015

KNIIIIIIFE
EEEEEYYYYE
ATTAAAACK

Daztek posted:

Nice photoshop!

Yeah, this takes like 2 seconds to run through ELA.

White areas are where it has been edited.... surprise... everywhere

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to fool them all
One Ring to find them
One Ring to milk them all
and pockets fully line them
Grimey Drawer
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3BMi4VkmsFk&t=1252s

BeefThief
Aug 8, 2007

That was beautiful. Whoever was asking about long beards in the character creator is a genius.

Iglocska
Nov 23, 2015

EightAce posted:

Patrick Probst is at CIG Manchester. Which in actual fact isn't in Manchester.He nearly got canned because of that email fiasco

What is this BS, why would he get canned over fake e-mails that never happened in the first place?

CrazyLoon
Aug 10, 2015

"..."

fuzzknot posted:

Lol. I'm glad I didn't apply for a customer service position in the Austin office like Bootcha suggested several months ago. Then again, as a female, I probably wouldn't have been hired.

lol @ Bootcha and nah, you'd have been hired back then prolly, it's just that you'd get to experience the cat-claws of Sandi first-hand while not being able to just punch her lights out or tell her off.

ZenMaster
Jan 24, 2006

I Saved PC Gaming

Booblord Zagats posted:

And I got a perma for asking how Ben juggles all of his lies

as I am slightly responsible for that, I apologize :(

but that is hilarious

G0RF
Mar 19, 2015

BMan posted:

Yeah, this takes like 2 seconds to run through ELA.

yeah, I screen capped- and I pasted that screen cap into photoshop and brightened the levels overall because was so dark.

If you think I'm go to pains to falsely claim credit for some goofy twitch texts that i happened to compile and paste into the thread as I made the comments, you're not paying close enough attention...

And now you're on my list, too, BMAN. :argh:

From an earlier performance:

G0RF fucked around with this message at 21:40 on Jan 29, 2016

Popular Human
Jul 17, 2005

and if it's a lie, terrorists made me say it
I believe in G0RF

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

EightAce posted:

No way he's a really nice guy . If a little overawed by the dev staff.

Well he doesn't seem to accept DMs and I couldn't think of any other way to contact him, so I figure there's a chance he'll see the e-mail chain that still hasn't been closed and its latest addition:

quote:

Patrick,

I was saddened to hear that you recently nearly lost your job due to this e-mail chain. I find it extremely disconcerting that someone as high performing as you could nearly lose employment for simply performing a task as instructed by your superior. That your boss is seemingly incapable of providing a straight answer, relies on someone else to do their job, and then threatens them for performing that job is unbelievable. Although we have not had many interactions together I feel comfortable saying that your professionalism, quality of work, and regards for your customers has been exemplary. You display an attitude and work ethic that those in charge are seemingly incapable of doing.

At this point I have little doubt that your company will ever come up with a suitable excuse for why I was banned. We all know it was because what I said off site, you just made the mistake of telling the truth within a company that has turned misdirection and falsehood into a business strategy. Any reasonable person would laugh at how the Head of Marketing, Director of Communications, and Community Manager have had to scramble and lie after you gave a paying customer an honest and direct response. Anyone familiar with the workings of Cloud Imperium Games would simply shrug it off as business as usual.

I'm glad to know that people like you can have a job in part because of the financial support of people like me. That it comes at the cost of being managed by some of the most toxic, unethical, incompetent, and outright dishonest people I have ever encountered is unfortunate. You deserve better than that, and so do the backers who made this all possible.

Sincerely,

[Beer]

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

G0RF posted:

yeah, I screen capped- and I pasted that screen cap into photoshop and brightened the levels overall because was so dark.

If you think I'm go to pains to falsely claim credit for some goofy twitch texts that i happened to compile and paste into the thread as I made the comments, you're not paying close enough attention...

GORF is this also you? Because I refuse to believe that's not someone meta-trolling.

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde
Isnt patrick the one who through around the term "espionage" though

edit: threw, jesus christ what is wrong with me

CHICKEN SHOES fucked around with this message at 21:46 on Jan 29, 2016

40-Degree Day
Sep 24, 2012

G0RF posted:

shine on you crazy diamond

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Hillary Clintons Thong posted:

Isnt patrick the one who through around the term "espionage" though

Yup, he did. I assumed that he wouldn't accuse a customer of something like that without being told to, because exposing your company to getting sued really is a way to get fired and he doesn't come off as the type of person who would do that.

BMan
Oct 31, 2015

KNIIIIIIFE
EEEEEYYYYE
ATTAAAACK

G0RF posted:

From an earlier performance:

this is what the refrance :ssh:

Happy Sisyphus
Nov 13, 2013

You take the blue paarp - the story ends, you wake up in your bed and believe whatever you want to believe. You take the red paarp - you stay in pre-alpha, and I show you how deep the sperg wallet goes.

BMan posted:

yeah I ran your image and no surprises, Lesnick appears where it has been edited

why are you trying to frame GORF?

Popular Human
Jul 17, 2005

Happy Sisyphus posted:

yeah I ran your image and no surprises, Lesnick appears where it has been edited

why are you trying to frame GORF?

Obviously Lesnick has been edited as well.

Did some of that $106 mil go towards cloning facilities so our glorious leader and his cohorts may play in the 'verse forever?

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Yup, he did. I assumed that he wouldn't accuse a customer of something like that without being told to, because exposing your company to getting sued really is a way to get fired and he doesn't come off as the type of person who would do that.

Yeah, I suppose it is really easy to type poo poo like that with an evil harpy standing behind you ordering you to do so, probably while calling you a pussy with no balls. JFC. I guess I do feel bad for patrick a little

SpunkyRedKnight
Oct 12, 2000

Beet Wagon posted:

GORF is this also you? Because I refuse to believe that's not someone meta-trolling.

poo poo, they know about our private communication channels. To the space bunker!

fuzzknot
Mar 23, 2009

Yip yip yip yip yip

CrazyLoon posted:

lol @ Bootcha and nah, you'd have been hired back then prolly, it's just that you'd get to experience the cat-claws of Sandi first-hand while not being able to just punch her lights out or tell her off.

This was before the poo poo really hit the fan, but even so, I didn't trust it. I'm very glad I stayed in my dinky current job.

ZenMaster
Jan 24, 2006

I Saved PC Gaming

GORF longcon best revelation since Crying Game

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

Tijuana Bibliophile posted:

If EightAce is right CIG has much more cash than one would expect, and will comfortably make it through 2016 and maybe further even if the cash flow is strangled

We'll have a lot of anonymous leaks, high-profile exits, skeptical articles, random backer rage and Chrisplaining before the end

Don't worry friends this will be one long, long ride

They don't.

They won't.

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde

D_Smart posted:

They don't.

They won't.

derek if your crusade is the movie apocalypse now, where abouts are we in the movie? It seems a lot of the time we're stuck on redux footage but still

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug

D_Smart posted:

8? Surely you jest.

Cloud Imperium Games Corp, West Hollywood, CA
Cloud Imperium Games LLC, West Hollywood, CA
Cloud Imperium Services, LLC West Hollywood, CA <– The one is interesting. It is found on BBB, but is not in the CA Secretary Of State dB records
Cloud Imperium Games LLC, Santa Monica, CA
Cloud Imperium Games Texas LLC, West Hollywood, CA
Cloud Imperium Games Texas LLC, Austin, TX
Cloud Imperium Games UK Limited, UK
Foundry 42 Limited, UK
Foundry 42, Germany
Gemini 42 Entertainment LLC, West Hollywood, CA
Gemini 42 Productions LLC, Santa Monica, CA
Roberts Space Industries Corp, West Hollywood, CA
Roberts Space Industries International Limited, UK
Twin Brothers Production Inc, West Hollywood, CA
Twin Bros, Germany

Remember when Enron collapsed the Feds had a huge open floor and piles of files representing who was what and what was sent where to trace transactions and money.
I predict we will see the same happen with the above in a few years.

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

SpunkyRedKnight posted:

poo poo, they know about our private communication channels. To the space bunker!

Private channels? Is that what they called Friday's pizza at Derek's now?

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

G0RF posted:

lol

Madcosby
Mar 4, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

G0RF posted:

Just curious, what does this "prove" that I'm not getting? I dont understand what I'm seeing, is what i mean

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

Ash1138 posted:

quote:

Panic Attack posted:
Is Derek Smart still confusing Chris Roberts for a vending machine?
no because vending machines only dispense finished products

:vince:

Popular Human
Jul 17, 2005

Years from now, when my grandchildren are sitting at my knee listening to me blather on, they'll ask "Grandpa, were you a hero?"

And I'll tell them "No...but I posted on a forum of heroes."

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Beet Wagon posted:

mods change my name to goon private communication channel

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

evilmiera
Dec 14, 2009

G0RF posted:

I believe in Harvey Dent, and possibly CIG.

• Locked thread