Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ash1138
Sep 29, 2001

Get up, chief. We're just gettin' started.

Gilganixon posted:

an obnoxious sign up followed by downloading the downloader which then downloaded a patch and finally started downloading the game

am I in the verse yet?
you're never not in the 'verse, commando!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

Quit your day job

Banano
Jan 10, 2005
Soiled Meat
i might if not for the fact that 16 hours of guffawing a day instead of just 8 would probably finish me

ah well back to page 1500 i go, see you in a week

Banano fucked around with this message at 13:29 on Jan 30, 2016

Lonkface
Jan 22, 2016

All that glitters is not gold.

gipskrampf posted:

Let's see: Freedom House, Church Street Wilmslow Cheshire, England SK9 1AX:

Redefining the city, just like they're redefining pc-games!

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Sometimes it's not the bomb that's retarded.

Thank you, Sandi.

Somebody add a dental floss...

beer_war
Mar 10, 2005

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Holy poo poo this article is amazing. Excuse the lovely Google translate, but...

This confirms what was told previously at CitCon, that SQ42 is now an open world experience.

Holy poo poo. That's a bit more than the 10 hours CR told us about.

If someone could translate this section it would be great. If I'm reading this right they're telling the writers that the team has played through all the missions but they won't show them. If that's true then this is the third magazine that's done a piece on Squadron 42 without actually seeing the game be played.

Holy poo poo.

I think this is saying they didn't see any gameplay.

Ouch.

Yeah this game isn't coming out in 2016.

Yeah this game isn't coming out in 2016.

The Reality Distortion Field is real.

Same guy who wrote that article put up an 11 episode Let's Play of Alpha 2.0 on Youtube together with a colleague(German, obviously):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=esSUgJdBgsE

He's fully aware that the Alpha is a broken mess and doesn't sugarcoat that - it's hard to, given they can barely play a minute without something breaking - but he's still gushing about all the "potential" for the finished game.

beer_war fucked around with this message at 13:36 on Jan 30, 2016

Tgspectre
Oct 21, 2014
Star Citizen is truly revolutionary, it's a shame they kick themselves in the teeth every revolution only to end up where they started with nothing to show for it.

I would never have thought this car crash could keep producing the lols but every week they manage to shoot themselves in the foot in a variety of interesting ways. It's a rare day when CIG doesn't gently caress up. And on those days we get surreal revelations like racehorses or the Gizmodo reveal.

I guess what I mean to say is PAAAARRRRRRP!

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry
Star Citizen is a revolution alright. Can't wait for it to stop spinning, explode then crash.

Oh and I hope the game never gets fixed too.

Xaerael
Aug 25, 2010

Marching Powder is objectively the worst poster known. He also needs to learn how a keyboard works.

SelenicMartian posted:

Thank you, Sandi.

Somebody add a dental floss...

Tindahbawx
Oct 14, 2011

Beet Wagon posted:

Technically the Vanduul ships use a weird "lay-down" configuration that should make everything fit easier. Plus it has the added benefit of making any two-seater craft they'd implement turn into Star Centipede

Either way the cockpit and controls should be laughably oversized for human pilots, but I think they handwave that away by saying the Vanduul ships humans are flying are refit for human pilots by some company.

How the hell does that make any sense compared to reclined couches?

Prone pilot seating was tried after WW2 in the Gloster Meteor F8 plane.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gloster_Meteor_F8_%22Prone_Pilot%22

It was found to cause a form of motion sickness as well as restrict your rear view. But I guess that doesn't matter to space aliens, and the benefits of having your nose up the arse of their co-pilot outweighed the cons for their weird alien sensibilities.

Phil Burn
Oct 28, 2015

What is life all about?

EminusSleepus posted:

the happy faces of people who are already out of Star Citizen

edit: I think the photographer said "what is the future of Star Citizen" instead of saying "Say Cheese" when he is about to take a picture

Combined weight: 0.5 Lesnicks

Berious
Nov 13, 2005
With long months of skeleton crew development ahead shitizens are already getting bored with their game to end all games:

https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen/comments/43969x/when_will_the_floodgates_of_content_open/

The answer of course is never :unsmigghh:

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

Tindahbawx posted:

It was found to cause a form of motion sickness as well as restrict your rear view. But I guess that doesn't matter to space aliens, and the benefits of having your nose up the arse of their co-pilot outweighed the cons for their weird alien sensibilities.

Technically, prone pilot seating was tried by combat aircraft during WW2 with the Henschel HS-132. The US and UK did have prototype aircraft with a prone pilot position (Northrop XP-79 and Reid and Sigrist R.S.3) and the Wright Flyer aircraft was prone positioned.

chaosbreather
Dec 9, 2001

Wry and wise,
but also very sexual.

Every time I read Vanduul I think of this guy

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

G0RF posted:

Ben Lesnick weighs in to assure you that the awkwardness was 100% real.

And Matilda is not far behind him.

It's amazing how little the trolls get to him given how much he talks about it.

EightAce posted:

Have to mention the stimperor.
He is indicative of about 20% of the backers. Quite frankly they are terrifying. There are a disproportionate amount of German and eastern European guys who would happily kill to protect SC, they even worry Chris. How many photo's have you seen of a clearly uncomfortable Crobber at various events with his arm around some guy dressed as an Isis fighter.
The dev staff are genuinely scared of these physcos.
Now imagine being in the verse with these fanatics......

That doesn't stop him from taking their money.

Dusty Lens posted:

Wasn't it just a week or two before citcon when Jamesday went down and a number of the Santa Monica staff walked out?

Yeah I think it was the week before. James and Alyssa were fired, another employee walked right out, and Lisa put in her two weeks notice. That really shook the foundation of things for me, but I still say CitCon bringing about the Paarpening is what really set everything in motion.

Tindahbawx
Oct 14, 2011

Seeing as theres a free weekend and I've never spent any money on this "game", I thought I'd give it a go. Unfortunately this keeps happening:

Quality gaming experience this, its definitely going to revolutionize the way future games are made. Where do I throw money at these guys?

Edit: After several attempts it decided to behave itself and downloaded at a decent speed.

Guess I'll just have to play the game and make fun of the janky physics instead.

Tindahbawx fucked around with this message at 14:06 on Jan 30, 2016

Xaerael
Aug 25, 2010

Marching Powder is objectively the worst poster known. He also needs to learn how a keyboard works.

Tindahbawx posted:

Seeing as theres a free weekend and I've never spent any money on this "game", I thought I'd give it a go. Unfortunately this keeps happening:

Quality gaming experience this, its definitely going to revolutionize the way future games are made. Where do I throw money at these guys?

I heard here's the right place...

fuzzknot
Mar 23, 2009

Yip yip yip yip yip

Lowtax posted:

I can fly my ship up and down and sometimes to the right, the odds of me arriving there are currently very slim.

You can get there very slowly in a giant circle. Still counts.

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

Xaerael posted:

I heard here's the right place...

THAT was spooky. A coworker and I had to deal with a dumpster fire last night at work.

Tindahbawx
Oct 14, 2011

iminers posted:

Can anyone tell me why when i run to my ship in my hangar, and bump into it, it glides across my hangar and clips into the ground.

Apparently they used the mass of Ben as the mass for the players character.

Tindahbawx fucked around with this message at 14:33 on Jan 30, 2016

Xaerael
Aug 25, 2010

I'd like to present my first foray into gifcam...

CROWS EVERYWHERE
Dec 17, 2012

CAW CAW CAW

Dinosaur Gum
That German magazine article is the best :allears: I was sure it couldn't really say "Sandi Gardiner isn't really an actress" but it does!

I'm convinced that Sandi and Australian (ex-)PM Tony Abbott are the same reptilian species. You can see it in their beady :stare: eyes and terrifying attempts to mimic human facial expressions.

e: also I hope birds eventually make it into the game :ohdear:

VealCutlet
Dec 21, 2015

I am a marketing god, shave that shit
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vECofeHSmqo

Gillian Anderson is a very special actor...

Smartest person at CIG.

VealCutlet
Dec 21, 2015

I am a marketing god, shave that shit
Also, the lighting and the editing makes it seem like someone else interviewed her and they just spliced Sandi in.

neonbregna
Aug 20, 2007

Tindahbawx posted:

Goons help me I am having flashbacks to some terrible short lived fox space ship show that also had the pilots lying down.

CROWS EVERYWHERE
Dec 17, 2012

CAW CAW CAW

Dinosaur Gum

VealCutlet posted:

Smartest person at CIG.

Oh man, Gillian Anderson is never going to be a cool mum :(

TheCoach
Mar 11, 2014
Launcher has an icon made by someones kid in paint.

Launcher will also max out your CPU by triggering antivirus scans ad infinitum because reasons.

Good thing i'm fetching this poo poo at 17 megabytes per sec so i'll at least get it fast.

Goobs
Jan 30, 2016

Doxcat is watching you PU.

Young Freud posted:

My guess: it's Dolvak with all the INN links and name drops.

Didn't even think about Dolvak, I guess it's more plausible then Ben or Hobo but I can dream can't I?

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

The look of a man who has to be there or else...

EminusSleepus
Sep 28, 2015

SelenicMartian posted:

The look of a man who has stared at the ABYSS!!!...

FTFY

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

He may be trying to mime "ladder problems" for an online game of charades.

TTerrible
Jul 15, 2005
I need help from someone with graphic design skills. I have a thing in the works.

Peroxide Cowboy
Nov 30, 2013

VealCutlet posted:

Smartest person at CIG.

Can someone edit this but without all the Sandi bits? tia

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

VealCutlet posted:

Smartest person at CIG.

Wow, this is super weird to watch, it feels like they cut up Gillian Anderson talking about the filming stuff and then tried to mix in questions that kind of fit but not really. Uncanny Valley questions :v: It's also like lacking a ... I don't know? Connection? Emotion? Between Sandi and Gillian. It just hurts my brain

Skellybones
May 31, 2011

Fun Shoe
I sort of want to try this free weekend thing but I'm afraid the Star Citizen installation will gently caress up my computer :ohdear:

Saint Isaias Boner
Jan 17, 2007

hi how are you

wow that game is BAD

The first time I fired up E:D it just felt awesome. This... a mushy crappile that made me walk up and down my ship's ladder three times before I could get into the seat. The controls are just all over the place as well. I give it a "gently caress croberts" out of 10

my wife was watching me mess around with it and asked how people who sunk tens of thousands into this crap felt. I played for free and felt angry that my time was being wasted

Saint Isaias Boner
Jan 17, 2007

hi how are you

to clarify, my time is worthless and i'd still rather have it than spend another second or gigabyte in the 'verse

G0RF
Mar 19, 2015

Some galactic defender you are, Space Cadet.

Peroxide Cowboy posted:

Can someone edit this but without all the Sandi bits? tia
"Ta Da!"

Even put in some different questions and exciting b-roll!

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

why are they even having a free weekend, especially in the state the game is in?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

why are they even having a free weekend, especially in the state the game is in?

$$$

• Locked thread