Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

Agrajag posted:

lets not start doing the threat assessment type of poo poo, thanks

Don't be daft. That's not even close to that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to fool them all
One Ring to find them
One Ring to milk them all
and pockets fully line them
Grimey Drawer

fuctifino posted:

It's very weird that the one professional looking documentary she's done (and it does look pro'ish - check the video), she hasn't listed it on her imdb page or her actors resume page.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dr4p9L6RVBA

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

wyoak posted:

This is from a couple pages back but this isn't true at all (at least in the states), most of the people I know with MBA's studied something entirely different for an undergraduate degree

My brother has an MBA from a diploma mill with a Bachelor's from a super high end private university in an unrelated field. His reasoning pretty much boils to "The best business decision you can make it using the least amount of effort and money to get desired results. less than 3k for a master's seems like the best possible business decision." Which I have to admit I respect, plus the guy runs 3 different businesses with a great deal of success.

Difference is he comes right out with how his MBA is a joke and just there to make some clients less jumpy. He even explains it that way to those clients too, which so far seems to have like a 95% success rate.

Maybe that's what SC is missing, they just need an honest crook admitting to the scam but showing that it could still work out for the best interest of everyone anyhow if they play it right.

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

EminusSleepus posted:

I just realized that I think the mole in CIG is Ben himself. He wants to destroy Sandi because she took Chris Roberts from him. I see a love triangle here, makes perfect sense.

I regard Ben as the Gold mine that FBI and CIA are likely to hold over a barrel and cultivate.

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

There's a 2 minute trailer for the show on the 24fps website, and compared to the other stuff Sandi has done, this actually looks ok. I'm wondering why snippets of this weren't put in her showreel, and why she does't mention it anywhere?

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

EightAce posted:

The stuff I'm referring to is smack bang in the middle of creepy central. So lips are sealed........ Until everyone is safely locked up

email me (dsmart at live dot com) from a secure anon burner account (create one at https://www.lockbin.com) so I can give you an SA coupon to get a Platinum account if you want.

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Kings need not raise their voices to be heard

https://disqus.com/home/discussion/tentonhammernetwork/what_happened_to_star_marine/

wyoak
Feb 14, 2005

a glass case of emotion

Fallen Rib
a pretty effective troll, hats off to him

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

EightAce posted:

Hmmmm. I'll give that a whirl.
On another note entirely look out for a high profile art resignation in the not too distant future.

Calling Skelton. CIG can no longer afford booze.

fuzzknot
Mar 23, 2009

Yip yip yip yip yip

Mr Fronts posted:

Gillian Anderson - Light's on the the right
Sandi - Light's on the right
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vECofeHSmqo

Viewers intuitively know the two sides don't fit, even if they can't express exactly why. Our brains know "impossible" when they see it, and simply won't accept that it's a conversation between two people facing each other.

The lighting was obviously set up differently for Gillian Anderson's bit... and they went with the wrong lighting for their patch-up job, which ended up looking like an amateur-hour hatchet job.

Welcome. Excellent observation. I almost wish I HAD watched it now since I worked in film and theatre and could have made relentless mocking shitposts about how stupid a mistake that is . . . nah. gently caress it. The soup was definitely the better idea.

Also, people, it's MONTE CRISTO, as in "The Count of." Jesus.

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

No. Unless two are leaving.

A Neurotic Jew
Feb 17, 2012

by exmarx
http://snack.to/qhmyxafj

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

It's pretty clear that he's a far more comfortable and competent actor than anyone else at CIG, and it would make perfect sense that he has seen just how hosed things truly are and has lost all motivation. Now he is just playing along, seeing just how far he can gently caress with people by dropping awesome bombs like how SC should not be called an alpha, nobody is trolling because all the complaints are valid, and none of the systems even exist. He doesn't care because he knows it's all one giant farce and the people in charge are easily distracted idiots anyway.

Jared, kudos. You are the scalpel to Derek's sledgehammer, and I should have seen it months ago. Absolutely masterful work.

Maybe EightAce is Lando.

e:nm, just read all the cheesesteak stuff. unless lando is acting unamerican....

big nipples big life fucked around with this message at 17:52 on Jan 31, 2016

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

Wafflz posted:

Maybe EightAce is Lando.

If he is, I'm sorry I called you a hobo EightAce

fuctifino fucked around with this message at 18:02 on Jan 31, 2016

DigitalMocking
Jun 8, 2010

Wine is constant proof that God loves us and loves to see us happy.
Benjamin Franklin

McDowell posted:

Philly cheesesteaks are best served with gooey/creamy fake cheese - and onions and peppers are great on them.

You are correct about the cheese and incorrect about the peppers. :colbert:

Onions, ok.
Mushrooms, maybe ok.
Peppers, an affront to god almighty. :stonk:

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice
Meanwhile, over at Elite

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cZ-c04x1CVk&feature=youtu.be

Baller Time
Apr 22, 2014

by Azathoth
EighAce, Chris Roberts, Fight Club. Think about it.

Dusty Lens
Jul 1, 2015

All Glory unto the Stimpire. Give up your arms and legs and embrace the beautiful agony of electricity that doubles in pain every second.

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

I always figured that Skelton was working on Descent II, the Descentening with Wingman but had a more comfortable chair/booze locker access at the CIG office.

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice
I am laughing so hard right now. drat, that was hilarious.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gugjt9YVHY0

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
Cheeze Whiz is an amazing product. Check Amazon, they may be able to ship it to you.

fuzzknot
Mar 23, 2009

Yip yip yip yip yip

Colostomy Bag posted:

Hopefully the weren't assigned to doing birds.

Perhaps they realized that space birds were just plain silly and that their resources would be better expended on something actually important, like space scarves.

bumbles
Nov 26, 2015

by Lowtax

:fistpump:

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

bumbles posted:

:fistpump:

Wow

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

fuzzknot posted:

Perhaps they realized that space birds were just plain silly and that their resources would be better expended on something actually important, like space scarves.

Maybe Sandi is hedging her actress bet with a clothing line runner

Holy poo poo, this is probably exactly whats happening, isn't it EightAce?

Generation Internet
Jan 18, 2009

Where angels and generals fear to tread.
American cheese and cheese whiz are loving gross chemical concoctions, hope this helps. Don't listen to anything Americans say about cheese, EightAce.

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

Generation Internet posted:

American cheese and cheese whiz are loving gross chemical concoctions, hope this helps. Don't listen to anything Americans say about cheese, EightAce.

Cheese whiz belongs on a Philly cheesesteak objectively. Now there are more refined cheeses that can go on a steak sandwich but if you're going with tradition you gotta go wit whiz.

mike12345
Jul 14, 2008

"Whether the Earth was created in 7 days, or 7 actual eras, I'm not sure we'll ever be able to answer that. It's one of the great mysteries."

vyst posted:

Cheese whiz belongs on a Philly cheesesteak objectively. Now there are more refined cheeses that can go on a steak sandwich but if you're going with tradition you gotta go wit whiz.

Ok so it's basically drunk food. Still sounds super-gross, probably comes from a tube, and has zero cheese in it.

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

mike12345 posted:

Ok so it's basically drunk food. Still sounds super-gross, probably comes from a tube, and has zero cheese in it.

Cheese flavored cooking oil

Brazilianpeanutwar
Aug 27, 2015

Spent my walletfull, on a jpeg, desolate, will croberts make a whale of me yet?

The scale is impressive but is there any use to it? Like hiding from players, or using it as a base?

I Greyhound
Apr 22, 2008

MusicKrew Dawn Patrol
Fidelity

KiddieGrinder
Nov 15, 2005

HELP ME

Sorry but this doesn't even matter D_Smart aka DEREK SMARTER WORSHIPPER lol because Star Citizen WILL have even DEEPER craters, Chris specifically said so in the latest 10ftc, so you know it's going to happen. Just because it doesn't now doesnt mean it never will, do you even know about game development?

Go back to your goonies website and kiss Smart's rear end some more D_Smart whoever you are.

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

Posted to reddit with the title 'I can get to Hogwarts from here correct?'

e:

D_Smart posted:

I am laughing so hard right now. drat, that was hilarious.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gugjt9YVHY0

Same.

:pgabz:, you make incredible videos :) Don't forget to attempt to try the training mode, as you are not a very good pilot and need the training. This all needs to be documented. Have you ever thought about streaming it on twitch?

fuctifino fucked around with this message at 18:23 on Jan 31, 2016

wyoak
Feb 14, 2005

a glass case of emotion

Fallen Rib
cheese itself is pretty gross (take some milk, add some bacteria and let it coagulate, maybe finish it off with literal mold) so don't get all high and mighty about processed cheese-foods ok

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

AugmentedVision posted:

I was thinking more along the lines of them being autistic and picking up on neither the fascist undertones of the book, nor the fact that the movie is obvious satire.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CIGHCoVzqtk :patriot:

People keep saying "undertones of the book" and I don't get it, there's no loving "undertone" that society is straight out fascist. They never deny what they are, they at most justify how they got there.

Pogue Ma Hoon
Oct 17, 2013

I like a nice pair of slacks.

won't load on mobile for me.

bumbles
Nov 26, 2015

by Lowtax

even with my poor quality minimal posting :shrug:

KiddieGrinder
Nov 15, 2005

HELP ME

fuctifino posted:

Posted to reddit with the title 'I can get to Hogwarts from here correct?'

Or...

I have too much free time.

KiddieGrinder fucked around with this message at 18:32 on Jan 31, 2016

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
they hid my other post really quick yesterday so https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen/comments/43jxi0/free_sa_account_for_anyone_banned_from_the_rsi/

Berious
Nov 13, 2005

This thing really works!

quote:

Your result: Goon
Congratulations, You're a Goon! You've made a sport of exposing the shady practices of Cloud Imprerium Games long before it was the cool thing to do. Your ascerbic nature might make you difficult to get close to, and you may have an unhealthy need to bond through the mockery of Others. Nonetheless, your stakes in the unfolding drama is win-win: either you get to watch the spectacle of $106+ company implode in public view, or you get a fun space game to help you grief those who paint the biggest targets on their backs.

I was secretly hoping to be Derek Smart though just so when cultists say I am Derek Smart I could smile knowingly

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Generation Internet posted:

It's not meant for a refined culinary experience. It's bread, fried steak, fried onions, and cheese sauce. You can use real cheese but it doesn't taste as good IMO.

There are plenty of ways to experience good cheese. I loving love a good cheese plate. A philly cheese steak is not one of those ways.

• Locked thread