Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Crazy_BlackParrot
Feb 1, 2016

Christ Roberts is way better than toilet lord...
:gary: :lesnick: :yarg:
:pgabz: :fuzzknot: :eonwe:
:wtchris:

MeLKoR posted:

Note to newcomers, beware of shitposting outside this thread, especially in D&D. Don't start shitposting before making sure the thread you're in is appropriate.

I registered just for this thread, so i'm good lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

darkarchon
Feb 2, 2016

My name is a trolling word

el dingo posted:

But he does bring valuable tables.

Heyoooooooooooooooooooooo

:gary::gary::gary:

Crazy_BlackParrot posted:

New SC or might there be something interesting behind all this?
http://www.dualthegame.com/

Do like the art style so far;

We will see after the alpha they want to bring out this year. This sounds waaay to ambitious.

Saint Isaias Boner
Jan 17, 2007

hi how are you

MeLKoR posted:

Note to newcomers, beware of shitposting outside this thread, especially in D&D. Don't start shitposting before making sure the thread you're in is appropriate.

do go to GBS or FYAD and start shitposting at any time though

Crazy_BlackParrot
Feb 1, 2016

Christ Roberts is way better than toilet lord...
:gary: :lesnick: :yarg:
:pgabz: :fuzzknot: :eonwe:
:wtchris:

darkarchon posted:

:gary::gary::gary:

We will see after the alpha they want to bring out this year. This sounds waaay to ambitious.

IKR; i mean they're using the Unreal engine for this. Interested nevertheless.

fuzzknot
Mar 23, 2009

Yip yip yip yip yip

G0RF posted:

2) Get ready for the Approachening.

Star Citizen: The Approachening

Oh . . . my God. I see it now. It's like approaching the event horizon of a black hole. Progress slows down and never quite arrives.

Black Hole Citizen.

. . . That explains where the money went.

Happy Sisyphus
Nov 13, 2013

You take the blue paarp - the story ends, you wake up in your bed and believe whatever you want to believe. You take the red paarp - you stay in pre-alpha, and I show you how deep the sperg wallet goes.

MeLKoR posted:

shitpost safely commandos o5

Xaerael
Aug 25, 2010

Marching Powder is objectively the worst poster known. He also needs to learn how a keyboard works.

This proof of concept has (not even joking) made me consider making a series of CIG parody figures.

darkarchon
Feb 2, 2016

Crazy_BlackParrot posted:

IKR; i mean they're using the Unreal engine for this. Interested nevertheless.

Read some more about this; my first conclusion: never-loving-ever are they going to pull this off, even less with the UE4. FFS what are they even thinking?! Procedural generated planets, MMO emerging gameplay without instances or zones? In-Game editable content aka self-made penis ships, scriptable ships with LUA (in a MMO? the gently caress am I even reading), top notch graphics with UE4 (utilizing a voxel engine in UE4?!), real multiplayer multicrew poo poo (1 man flies, rest sits in turrets :downswords: ), emerging political systems and realistic in-game economy? With a team of 16? Are they loving kidding me?

All I can see is :words::words::words:

DUAL UNIVERSE - We bring even Crobbers' dreams to shame

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

It's yet another day in the wasteland.

fuzzknot posted:

Star Citizen: The Approachening

Oh . . . my God. I see it now. It's like approaching the event horizon of a black hole. Progress slows down and never quite arrives.

Black Hole Citizen.

. . . That explains where the money went.

As someone pointed out a page of two hundred ago, SC is the final proof that Zeno's paradoxes are all real.

Dark Off
Aug 14, 2015

Toops posted:

Does anyone know who made the "Goonrathi RamPaaaarp" 3d model?

https://sketchfab.com/models/01e3a1615d794f02971b3b73940483e9

If you know who, or you are that magnificent person, I'd love to get my hands on it for a little project I'm working on, preferably in a format that can be imported into Unity (below). PM me if you're down.

If anyone else wants to pitch in with the below types of 3d models for this lil' project, PM me and I'll give you the skin-skin.
- ships (that have clear/glass cockpits)
- space things
- space ports
- planets/stars
- space rocks/asteroids
- skymaps (stars/space)
- space mans and womans
- non-space related things that would be funny
- maybe an airhorn
- definitely an airhorn.

If you do animation too and want to make a janky bobblehead space idiot, check out the unity humanoid skeleton

Compatible formats:
- fbx
- obj
- dae
- 3ds
- dxf

Thanks in advance, in the present, and forevermore.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VSegTv-xYiE

https://www.dropbox.com/s/h7plu6xkewwis9n/Lti%20Oldman%202.blend?dl=0
https://www.dropbox.com/s/c1xx4pihqgiyos6/Lti%20Oldman%202.fbx?dl=0
https://www.dropbox.com/s/jpgf3n532pnd7cv/Lti%20Oldman%202.obj?dl=0

and i think this was the texture used

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to fool them all
One Ring to find them
One Ring to milk them all
and pockets fully line them
Grimey Drawer
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bfHGA6e-TT4&t=40s

:yarg:

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004
I'm imagining the sound of a baby yawning, slowed down and mixed with a leopard's indigestion noises.

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

Napoleon Bonaparty posted:

I actually want the game to come out and be good but I think the devs are a bunch of chucklefucks who will piss this project away by next year.

Yep, same here. I hold out hope another developer will pick it up after they crash and burn because they'll see the interest the project generated and put together a workable version they can slowly build up with content packs ala E:D.

Xaerael
Aug 25, 2010

Marching Powder is objectively the worst poster known. He also needs to learn how a keyboard works.

THIS JUST IN CITIZENS: THE SPERGALOID NATION HAS ENGAGED THE STIMPIRE CLOSE TO THE FOURTH MOON OF AUTISMO. SIX SHIPS ARE INVOLVED, WAIT, I'M GETTING NEWS THAT A SEVENTH SHIP HAS JUST JOINED THE FIGHT AND...oh. The server crashed.

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to fool them all
One Ring to find them
One Ring to milk them all
and pockets fully line them
Grimey Drawer
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8aFtpzw9c8w&t=114s

:gary:

pepito sanchez
Apr 3, 2004
I'm not mexican

Tahjir posted:

Been lurking in these threads since late September, so after seeing the free flight week I decided to try it out to see just how bad it could possibly be.

At first everything seemed... functional. Sure, I moved like I was several hundred pounds overweight and it seemed like my head was attached to my left shoulder, but I was able to move and interact with my environment, two essential parts of the gaming experience. After several minutes of wandering I discovered the ship-summoning terminals and excitedly chose the first ship listed, and was told that there weren't any available spaces, nor was I allowed to summon the remaining two ships. Five minutes later I summoned the RSI Aurora, and upon finding it on the landing pad, realized it was the ugliest loving ship I had ever seen. Regardless, I attempted to board and was kicked from the server, and then my computer hard-locked.

Second attempt: I summoned some sort of fighter. I climbed inside like an arthritic grandmother boarding a roller-coaster and batted soundlessly at the mess of buttons and toggles, nothing inside the cockpit animating in any way. The screen lit up, and I was kicked due to an authentication error.

Third attempt: I ran as quickly as I could, summoned the Aurora again, and made it inside after waiting for my turn at the airlock. Once on board I noticed a small passage behind the cockpit and opened it. It turned out to be a tiny cot, which my character proceeded to loudly sleep upon. No combination of buttons would end the animation. Over the snoring, I could hear gunfire and explosions. Somewhere, someone was actually gaining some measurable amount of entertainment. Above me, the reflection in the ceiling split in two and began to vibrate. I mashed every button on my keyboard, inadvertently bringing up my mobiglass, which caused the game to crash.

Fourth attempt: I played Elite instead. Sure, it may not have the sheer fidelity, realism, and immersion, but at least I can get off the damned space station in less than an hour.

i lost it at "I could hear gunfire and explosions" and it just got better

thanks for the :lol:

star citizens is so good

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

MeLKoR posted:

^^^ThiS^^^
Don't go to D&D, goonbabbies

• Read the rules
  • Read the subforum rules and OP before posting in a thread
  • Lurk a while (read: months) before posting a new thread
  • Don't post in FYAD

Scruffpuff
Dec 23, 2015

Fidelity. Wait, was I'm working on again?

Xaerael posted:

This proof of concept has (not even joking) made me consider making a series of CIG parody figures.

That is a really good idea...

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

:monocle: I do say, they captured those denti-alveolars quite splendidly

Not entirely impressed by the dorsals though

Gotta fix those before they release this game about space ships in space

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

Xaerael posted:

Let's goonsource this. Just need a few goons with blender and one with a 3d printer

Scruffpuff
Dec 23, 2015

darkarchon posted:

Read some more about this; my first conclusion: never-loving-ever are they going to pull this off, even less with the UE4. FFS what are they even thinking?! Procedural generated planets, MMO emerging gameplay without instances or zones? In-Game editable content aka self-made penis ships, scriptable ships with LUA (in a MMO? the gently caress am I even reading), top notch graphics with UE4 (utilizing a voxel engine in UE4?!), real multiplayer multicrew poo poo (1 man flies, rest sits in turrets :downswords: ), emerging political systems and realistic in-game economy? With a team of 16? Are they loving kidding me?

All I can see is :words::words::words:

DUAL UNIVERSE - We bring even Crobbers' dreams to shame

The silver bullet that killed this project was Chris's insistence on everything you just mentioned being in a single seamless engine. Star Wars galaxies had planets, very wide sandbox elements, multicrew and single-fighter space combat (sort of a Tie Fighter lite, but not bad at all) with customized ship components, a deep economy, multiple classes and paths, no 16 player limit, 10 loving years ago, and it still didn't make enough money to stay afloat. It was doable because it used different engines for different parts, with loading screens. The "one engine for everything" is really what this game's ultimate failure is centered on. Even if another company tried it, and got it working, the benefits are slim, and the costs (financial and technical) are huge.

Scruffpuff fucked around with this message at 14:39 on Feb 2, 2016

ZenMaster
Jan 24, 2006

I Saved PC Gaming

So confused by the Shmorky thread. Why do I always feel like I am starting at page 300 and everyone else is at page 1? So some animator guy is enganged to a girl who is crazy and how is Lowtax involved? He sleeps on their couch?

pepito sanchez
Apr 3, 2004
I'm not mexican

quote:

i'm happy enough thinking some day owning a pet alien on board my ship with my wife and daughter (who serves me mixed drinks on our long voyages through space) while i look at the latest news update. watching my nice mushrooms and uranium flowers grow on the sideline. this very life and existence is the reason i've pledged $3500 to this project. i believe in the dream.

and if anyoene stands in my way. i mean ANYONE... i can't wait for the rape slave feature to be implemented and fully functional. i will be fully immersed

that includes you derek shart

pepito sanchez
Apr 3, 2004
I'm not mexican
that is what i would say if i were a citizens

Scruffpuff
Dec 23, 2015

pepito sanchez posted:

that is what i would say if i were a citizens

I thought you were pulling a quote from Reddit. Which goes to show you what I expect from Citizens.

walruscat
Apr 27, 2013

fuzzknot posted:

Times six. That was the first thing I showed Bootcha how to make.

You may want to use fewer beets than I did, and possibly a different lettuce and/or less of it. It's a big loving salad. Then again, feel free to use a wagon of beets. Ahem.

Bootcha, we need to do Indian food. Specifically this.

From the sound of your posts, this is how I imagine Bootcha cooking:

Cuntpunch
Oct 3, 2003

A monkey in a long line of kings
I like skimming through 104TC because it gives a real insight into Squadron 42. Not directly, in a lot of cases, but through process of elimination of what *won't* be in SQ42 - even if you buy the narrative it's in late-stage development getting ready for release this year. Which itself presume that design is mostly locked in and it's just polish:

In Squadron 42 you:
Will not be docking ships. (They're still designing that mechanic)
Will not be having capital ship fights. (They're still designing that mechanic)
Will not be repairing ships. (They're still designing that mechanic)

Go back through the thing they're still designing/balancing/etc - and what do you possibly have as the canonical design document for Squadron 42?

I know this isn't news to anyone here, but it's a different angle to realize just how far away even a hurried-out SQ42 release would be: Take all the 'things that aren't quite ready yet' that aren't MP-specific, and you'd at least expect them to get used as part of this amazing cinematic adventure that Crobbers is believing SQ42 will be - but instead it sounds like you'll be lucky if it's much more than a wing commander remake.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

darkarchon posted:

Registered to enjoy and contribute to this poo poo show. Gently caress you, Eonwe, Beer4TheBeerGod and d_smart.

Since I have nothing of value to contribute right now, enjoy my baby cattes:

Ok that's all for now. Godspeed commandos o4

Welcome

Prop Wash
Jun 12, 2010

ZenMaster posted:

So confused by the Shmorky thread. Why do I always feel like I am starting at page 300 and everyone else is at page 1? So some animator guy is enganged to a girl who is crazy and how is Lowtax involved? He sleeps on their couch?

Shmorky was an important internet person ten years ago, and also some posters on these forums have incredibly long memories and also have basically not matured or discovered new hobbies in the past ten years, so you figure it out

pepito sanchez
Apr 3, 2004
I'm not mexican
i would gently slide my pvp slider down until my until-now-hidden tongue is able to be up your

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

Tijuana Bibliophile posted:

^^^ThiS^^^
Don't go to D&D, goonbabbies

• Read the rules
  • Read the subforum rules and OP before posting in a thread
  • Lurk a while (read: months) before posting a new thread
  • Don't post in FYAD

Don't get me wrong, I actually like D&D but the draconian rules are definitely not the sort of thing a newcomer that joined for the Star Citizen drama is expecting. I wholeheartedly second the:

ALL THESE FORUMS ARE YOURS - EXCEPT FYAD
ATTEMPT NO POSTING THERE

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

ZenMaster posted:

https://forums.somethingawful.com/dictionary.php?act=3&topicid=1279

Furia
Jul 26, 2015

Grimey Drawer

Cuntpunch posted:

you'll be lucky if it's a wing commander remake.

ftfy

darkarchon
Feb 2, 2016

http://www.engadget.com/2016/02/01/squadron-42-to-cost-extra/

quote:

The studio hasn't said exactly how much Squadron 42 will cost at that point, but you currently have to pay $45 for the existing game combo. You may not have to shell out a full $90 to get both titles if you're too late, but don't be surprised if you're paying significantly more.

The move was expected, but it could still rub a lot of players the wrong way. While Star Citizen has always been ambitious, it's clear that this ambition is becoming expensive -- Squadron 42's lavish production values (such as actors Gary Oldman, Mark Hamill and Gillian Anderson) aren't completely covered, it seems. The split could be worthwhile if it leads to richer gameplay, but the higher price will sting if you're a new player.

Mmm I can almost taste the delicious salty tears coming from that article. Oh wait. Nobody is going to give a gently caress. Oh well.

Xaerael
Aug 25, 2010

Tijuana Bibliophile posted:

Let's goonsource this. Just need a few goons with blender and one with a 3d printer

If I did it, I would do total figure conversions/scratch build. That way I'd have greater control.

Dark Off
Aug 14, 2015

more ships to the goon project
I present dickbutt mk1

https://www.dropbox.com/s/3djo55a4aycg9fy/dickbutt%20ship%20mk1.fbx?dl=0
https://www.dropbox.com/s/a2zw3hg8v4mqlgt/dickbutt%20ship%20mk1.blend?dl=0

it dont matter
Aug 29, 2008

Xaerael posted:

They should have a 'PVP slider' on the back that makes their fists move. So you can do a rock em sock em robots with CIG people.

pepito sanchez
Apr 3, 2004
I'm not mexican

darkarchon posted:

http://www.engadget.com/2016/02/01/squadron-42-to-cost-extra/

Mmm I can almost taste the delicious salty tears coming from that article. Oh wait. Nobody is going to give a gently caress. Oh well.

hiring actual high salary actors is only obviously the beginning of the end for these fuckers (the actors and cig). serious what the gently caress with the waste and mismanagement of money, as i've posted earlier in this thread. you do not need incredible actors to play mocap cutscenes. they just need to move like people. ben could do everyone.

it dont matter
Aug 29, 2008

pepito sanchez posted:

ben could do everyone.

Ben's busy. They've got 100 star systems to build, he's needed for all the moons and planets.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pepito sanchez
Apr 3, 2004
I'm not mexican
in my Dream™ it's gillian anderson getting out of bed with her own movements each time i get out of bed and her voice when i snore in my exploding spaceship. my plants wake me with their shivering pixels when i'm boarded, and turn into tentacles to help the enemies capture me

• Locked thread