Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde
man, the loving spoiler poo poo is hosed up. If you're just trying to goad people into doing poo poo dumb with their money you're literally doing the same thing as roberts et al, and the money doesnt even go to you

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

Hillary Clintons Thong posted:

man, the loving spoiler poo poo is hosed up. If you're just trying to goad people into doing poo poo dumb with their money you're literally doing the same thing as roberts et al, and the money doesnt even go to you

Think of it as donations.

fuzzknot
Mar 23, 2009

Yip yip yip yip yip
Think of it as a joke people who don't understand punctuation and capitalization won't get.

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

Scruffpuff posted:

The uninstaller is the only part of the game that works. Once you uninstall, you can clean leftover folders in these locations:

C:\Program Files\Cloud Imperium Games (just toast the whole folder)
%localappdata%\Star Citizen (same as above)

That should do the trick.

And the most ironic thing is, the uninstaller isn't a stretch goal.

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

Fuzzy Modem posted:

I can say I'm glad they are taking their time, because I remember Freelancer, and believe Chris has learned a lot from that experience.

I'm also two years behind on my own crowd funded project, so I'm somewhat sympathetic. Mine is done except for the last pass on sound quality, and most of my team and supporters are glad we took our time, as the final product is really quite satisfactory. So maybe I learned the same lessons by proxy.

[edit] Also, and I know what this place is for, but I really hate it when people poo poo talk about Sandi. She's one of the nicest people I've ever corresponded with. Some comments just really turn my stomach, or yeah, I would spend more time here.

I know we're all super edgy internet trolls here, but in the dark recess of my cold black heart I would LOVE for this game to come out and be everything promised.

Beer, I believe, brought up a point the other day. Why haven't they teased some Squadron 42 gameplay? It's coming out this year. Shouldn't all the core stuff (fps, ship systems, flight, etc) be at a point they can show it to us?

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Kings need not raise their voices to be heard

On a related note, have you heard back from TommyNoble?

grimcreaper
Jan 7, 2012

Bootcha posted:

Let's be fair, a lot of scotch and whiskey snobs are going to say you need the burn and peat to measure a good drink. These people are biased and don't know what you like.

The best thing to do is to find a liquor shop that has tastings, and go to those. Failing that, get a bunch of friends together and do a weekly/monthly liquor tour, where everyone brings a bottle of something new.

Also, tangentially BEER CHAT.

So I don't like IPAs. They taste like soap or salad to me.

If I was to put together a cooler of beer for hockey and/or friends, this is what it would look like:

I've never been a fan of beer. I've tried many kinds and the only one I liked was a really dark German lager that was fairly sweet. My grandfather used to get it imported a few times a year but I can't think of what it was called.

Outside of that one beer every type tastes the same to me. The hops just overpower everything after the 4th sip or so and that's all I can taste from then on.
It's in the same way that hotdogs have that underlying flavor that just gets stronger as you take a new bite and eventually overpowers everything, even the ketchup.

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde

Mirificus posted:

On a related note, have you heard back from TommyNoble?

Yes

Brazilianpeanutwar
Aug 27, 2015

Spent my walletfull, on a jpeg, desolate, will croberts make a whale of me yet?

Sorry, you're right i'm an arse, won't do it again x

edit : actually no i'm not sorry gently caress that, $10.00 is not the same as what croberts and co are doing so....no i'm not sorry and no it's not the same.

p.s. I fell for the plat thing so there's that as well, best trick I've fallen for ever.

PPS. Good job on spoiling the joke, dick. (just joshing you)

Brazilianpeanutwar fucked around with this message at 02:52 on Feb 3, 2016

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

spacetoaster posted:

Why haven't they teased some Squadron 42 gameplay? It's coming out this year. Shouldn't all the core stuff (fps, ship systems, flight, etc) be at a point they can show it to us?

The Answer Will Astound You

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde
I mean, it's funny when people buy plat because of it all. I just think it's kind of messed up at the same time!

Seeing as I can't handle this amount of cognitive dissonance I'm going to go ahead and double down and pledge more in protest, and maybe have a meltdown or three.

Fuzzy Modem
Sep 3, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

spacetoaster posted:

I know we're all super edgy internet trolls here, but in the dark recess of my cold black heart I would LOVE for this game to come out and be everything promised.

Beer, I believe, brought up a point the other day. Why haven't they teased some Squadron 42 gameplay? It's coming out this year. Shouldn't all the core stuff (fps, ship systems, flight, etc) be at a point they can show it to us?

Have you played any of the leaked content?

Popular Human
Jul 17, 2005

and if it's a lie, terrorists made me say it
You guys are making me want to hit up a liquor store on the way home. All I have at home is some Cuervo and Canadian Club - I'm the most basic of liquor drinkers.

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

spacetoaster posted:

And spoil the surprise?

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

Fuzzy Modem posted:

Have you played any of the leaked content?

No, I saw a lot of it though. The vanduul ships and things.

I didn't realize there was playable stuff.

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Any luck and has CIG banned you?

Popular Human
Jul 17, 2005

spacetoaster posted:

It runs like a slideshow on my computer :( I should have upgraded more!

breadshaped
Apr 1, 2010

Soiled Meat
Is it true there's going to be no single player content in 2016? The year's just keep getting away from this game :D

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde

Mirificus posted:

Any luck and has CIG banned you?

Not banned yet! Makes me think the other guy probably reported the recruitment effort.

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

Not banned yet! Makes me think the other guy probably reported the recruitment effort.

I'm guessing he was offering me up to get back into their good graces.

Here's some of that sweet leaked stuff from last year.

http://imgur.com/a/XSQq4

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

These people go down like Boxer, faithful til the end.

G0RF
Mar 19, 2015

Some galactic defender you are, Space Cadet.
Obligatory link considering subject

Scruffpuff posted:

I just realized that everything we're watching play out right now with CIG was prophecied back in the 80s by Hall & Oates...

Chris's Theme - Out of Touch
Sandi's Theme - Maneater
Employee Investigation Theme - Private Eyes

Their Greatest Hits albums are basically the soundtrack for this show.

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Please keep us posted :)

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde

Brazilianpeanutwar posted:

Sorry, you're right i'm an arse, won't do it again x

edit : actually no i'm not sorry gently caress that, $10.00 is not the same as what croberts and co are doing so....no i'm not sorry and no it's not the same.

p.s. I fell for the plat thing so there's that as well, best trick I've fallen for ever.

PPS. Good job on spoiling the joke, dick. (just joshing you)

What joke?

Fuzzy Modem
Sep 3, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

spacetoaster posted:

So you weren't supposed to know about that stuff at all, yet it still exists. Why hadn't they showed it to you? Same answer to Beer's question.

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

You and the people like you are the reason we can't have realistic games

Popular Human
Jul 17, 2005

Star Citizen: Do you defecate? Do you urinate?

Lack of Gravitas
Oct 11, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Hahaha that's fantastic, watching these now. Jon Oates is an arsehole

TTerrible
Jul 15, 2005

spacetoaster posted:

I'm guessing he was offering me up to get back into their good graces.

Here's some of that sweet leaked stuff from last year.

http://imgur.com/a/XSQq4

What the gently caress, some of those ships are enormous :psyduck:

Brazilianpeanutwar
Aug 27, 2015

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde
I like these things darryl hall did for a bit

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T0rB4j0a3_s

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde

Amarcarts
Feb 21, 2007

This looks a lot like suffering.

TTerrible posted:

What the gently caress, some of those ships are enormous :psyduck:

They're so penisy as well

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

stop the fucking fight, cornerman, your dude is fucking done and is about to be killed.

Fuzzy Modem posted:

[edit] Also, and I know what this place is for, but I really hate it when people poo poo talk about Sandi. She's one of the nicest people I've ever corresponded with. Some comments just really turn my stomach, or yeah, I would spend more time here.

i would appreciate any stories besides 'she was nice to me one time' that would offset the poo poo in beer's emails, the flowers / crying, her best acting reel in which it turns out she wasn't acting, the compulsive lying and the litany of other poo poo.

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

Popular Human posted:

EminusSleepus
Sep 28, 2015

Fuzzy Modem posted:

how many times/years have you worked/corresponded with Sandi? It is her job to be nice after all she is the best marketing person in the whole world since childhood.

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

this is just about the stupidest thing i've ever read.

BOY I CAN'T WAIT TO EXPERIENCE A URINARY TRACT INFECTION.... IN SPACE

Brazilianpeanutwar
Aug 27, 2015

BeefThief
Aug 8, 2007

Finally caught up with this whirlwind thread. Here is probably the first semi-effortpost I've ever made.

Whiskey: Mix one part bourbon, one part Sprite (or other lemon-lime soda) and one part lemonade, stir over ice. This is called a Lynchburg Lemonade and is excellent.

Beer: If you like white ales, try Wittekerke. Like a lighter Blue Moon, before it turned into mass produced syrupy poo poo.

CIG's burn rate: Assuming 300 FTE (1,920 hr/yr at standard utilization) at $72/hr (which is cheap for a US developer, probably a realistic blended rate given "management overhead costs") is right around $3.5M/month. Add in the cost of their "remaindered" furniture, the premises, the software licenses and the hardware they're running the PU on (assume 16 players per server, a generous maximum of 20,000 concurrent players, gives 1,250 instances at ~$400/mo/instance [which is probably low]), I put their total monthly cost today at around $4.20m, or ~$50m annually.

In a typical corporate environment, you can expect to run about 60% applications spend to 40% infrastructure, with the total distribution of costs being about 50% people, 50% hardware and software. I have no idea how much JPEG generating software costs, or what kind of garbage servers they're running the PU on, but if it were a typical cost distribution (and given that they seem to be flogging rather decent PCs to play their own awful game) they would be spending about $7m/mo.

Based on their "pledge" counter, their monthly "revenue" from JPEG "purchases" is about $3.2m/mo averaged of the last six months, including January which was at $2.7m. All things held constant, and assuming they have $20m in JPEG money socked away to finish SQ42 (and assuming they don't lay anybody off who should be working on the PU and is instead simply providing them no direction and no tasks to complete) they have, by my assessment, 5-20 months worth of JPEG money to allow Chris to live his Hollywood dreams.

If you factor in things like probably $20m wasted on actors and mocap, $15m wasted on cancelled modules, $1m wasted on expensive cars and mansions, $0.5m well spent for Disco Lando hush money and a generous $2.5m for their various marketing cons (conventions) which they've held, they will either be out of money by the end of March or early Q1 2017. Speculative, but extrapolated from the existing data.

Hatsune Miku: I saw her too, Eonwe. She was opening for Lady Gaga during the recent Art Rave tour and my girlfriend is a huge Gaga fan, so we went. I knew about her thanks to the Domino's commercials when they were posted in GBS. Even though I was on acid, I was definitely the least confused person in the audience during Miku's performance. And there were guys in the place wearing suspender thongs made of caution tape :shrug:

Darkpriest667: Happy Forums Birthday, you miserable gently caress.

Fresh, Young, Nubile Goons: Welcome o6. :getin:

Now I probably have another page to read. Hell yeah.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Phi230
Feb 2, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Popular Human posted:

But it has to be tactile or else we can't be fully immersed. Thus I believe we need a stretch goal to develop a VR toilet for full defecation and urination immersion.

• Locked thread