Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tank Boy Ken
Aug 24, 2012
J4G for life
Fallen Rib

duckfarts posted:

how you gonna make that look nice

I guess one would use Photoshop or gimp...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

duckfarts
Jul 2, 2010

~ shameful ~

Soiled Meat

Tank Boy Ken posted:

I guess one would use Photoshop or gimp...

or someone else

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
Why :yarg:? It's gray backwards, not gary. Also, are we in space yet?

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy
Yarg rolls better off the tongue.

Incombibulator
Dec 9, 2014

I'm ready for my close-up
Ms. Gardiner...

Grimey Drawer

Paladinus posted:

Why :yarg:? It's gray backwards, not gary. Also, are we in space yet?

It was voted by the leadership and frog/elephant to sound better. Also, irony it being spelled wrong or something like that.
Goons amirite?

Hezzy
Dec 4, 2004

Pillbug

skit herre posted:

I'll buy a new Av or Plat for the first goon to turn this into a nice looking :gary:

:toxx:

46 seconds mark if anyone wants to cap a better quality version

VoltairePunk
Dec 26, 2012

I have become Umlaut, destroyer of words

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=koSl8JX5BeI

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches

Truga posted:

Yarg rolls better off the tongue.

Karl_Ramseier
Aug 21, 2015

I don't have to work very hard at being an asshole. It comes naturally.

No practice needed.

Since Goons ruin everything, I'm pretending to be a Goon for Halloween!

G0RF posted:

This cliched analogy assumes that Derek's accurate accusations were somehow causal to CIG's problems.

Accurate accusations? I am more impressed what he doesn't know or about what he's lying.The 4 defamation lawsuits are all made up. And regarding his former legal endeavours he was (mostly) just a part of a group of defendants or plaintiffs no where near the legal warlord he claims to be.

G0RF posted:

A Neurotic Jew addressed this already so I won't belabor the point of noting your error.

Let's just say we agree to disagree on that.

G0RF posted:

We likely won't. Save for Bootcha, who has a right as an investor to require that disclosure. I wouldn't expect him to share that here, but the fact that he's already completely lost hope in the management team, based on his own research, should give you pause, as should the fact that you sincerely hope they DON'T have millions just lying around. (Cash is their lifeblood, and the less of it they have, the greater the likelihood they will fail to deliver 'The Best drat Space Sim Ever'. Just FYI.)

Sorry, but without any proof I would rather believe in Santa Claus than bootcha being an investor. And following AP's links and searching this forum he already would be in serious troubles if he really is. It is one thing to pretend being an investor of some sort but being an investor and supporting allegations regarding federal crimes is really really stupid.

And if he is an investor and really signed a contract without rights to see their books, he is an idiot.

G0RF posted:

Hey, we agree on a second thing. Yet you don't seem to agree with yourself, since only sentences ago you said you hoped they don't have millions lying around. Unless you are rooting for it to fail, which you obviously aren't, then you should consider doing the work of reconciling your contradictory opinions. Cognitive dissonance is a burden to those afflicted with it, and you deserve better than to suffer from it unnecessarily.

Again, thinking that companies should have millions lying around which isn't equal to be solvent. This shows how clueless you guys are if it comes to anything business related. But if it makes you happy: I am confident that they have enough "money lying around" to continue this project, including 2016. So we can save ourselves the discussion about how to invest money if you run a business. My English isn't good enough for this anyway.

Dark Off
Aug 14, 2015

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches

Karl_Ramseier posted:

Accurate accusations? I am more impressed what he doesn't know or about what he's lying.The 4 defamation lawsuits are all made up. And regarding his former legal endeavours he was (mostly) just a part of a group of defendants or plaintiffs no where near the legal warlord he claims to be.

Sorry, but without any proof I would rather believe in Santa Claus than bootcha being an investor. And following AP's links and searching this forum he already would be in serious troubles if he really is. It is one thing to pretend being an investor of some sort but being an investor and supporting allegations regarding federal crimes is really really stupid.

And if he is an investor and really signed a contract without rights to see their books, he is an idiot.

Again, thinking that companies should have millions lying around which isn't equal to be solvent. This shows how clueless you guys are if it comes to anything business related. But if it makes you happy: I am confident that they have enough "money lying around" to continue this project, including 2016. So we can save ourselves the discussion about how to invest money if you run a business. My English isn't good enough for this anyway.

you sure type an awful lot of :downswords: to utterly miss the point of this thread quite so comprehensively.

I mean yes. keep pissing into the wind friend. no doubt you will prove everyone a fool and you shall be the exalted goonwitness, that told the goons off and stopped all their fun once and for all.

LCL-Dead
Apr 22, 2014

Grimey Drawer
2300 posts.

I am now 36 days into refund request process, 27 days have gone by since I received a reply from a real live person. 3 follow up emails have been sent.

Anything good happen over the weekend?

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches

LCL-Dead posted:

2300 posts.

I am now 36 days into refund request process, 27 days have gone by since I received a reply from a real live person. 3 follow up emails have been sent.

uhm.. from what i read everyone got really regdate happy for a bit, not a whole lot of funny.. just a lot of serious words.

6 out of 10 id say.

Romes128
Dec 28, 2008

Fun Shoe

LCL-Dead posted:

2300 posts.

Karl is participating in a one man circle jerk

Incombibulator
Dec 9, 2014

I'm ready for my close-up
Ms. Gardiner...

Grimey Drawer

Romes128 posted:

Karl is participating in a one man circle jerk

FTFY

2DCAT
Jun 25, 2015

pissssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssssss sssssssssssssssssss sssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssss ssssssssssssssssssssssssssss sssssssssssssss

Gravy Boat 2k

Karl_Ramseier posted:

My English isn't good enough for this anyway.

your posting isn't very good either

no_recall
Aug 17, 2015

Lipstick Apathy

2DCAT posted:

first you paid thousands of dollars to play a spaceship game that will never exist and now you've paid :10bux: to not be funny in a comedy forum. i wonder how many other poor decisions you make? one day i think you'll make a good life decision... one day...maybe in two weeks...

He paid to entertain us. More power to him.

Klyith
Aug 3, 2007

GBS Pledge Week

LCL-Dead posted:

Citizen. Get a chargeback.
Get a chargeback. Get a chargeback. C H A R G E B A C K Chargeback! Get a chargeback. getachargebackgetachargebackgetachargebackgetachargebackgetachargebackgetachargebackgetachargebackgetachargebackgetachargeback

Even if you used amazon payments and it doesn't have a good chargeback system, write in to complain about it. Tell CIG you are starting a chargeback and will be CCing future emails to the Escapist. DO IT.

Blue On Blue
Nov 14, 2012

LCL-Dead posted:

2300 posts.

Email them about a chargeback, I want to see how quickly they respond

I bet it's less than 5 hours

Bets?

Vire
Nov 4, 2005

Like a Bosh

Karl_Ramseier posted:

Shut up you are terrible. Either refute the things Smart has proven or :frogout:

At this point the burden of proof is on you and you are completely trying to backpedal away from it. This is why everyone thinks you are lying about how much money you have spent because of poo poo like this.

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to fool them all
One Ring to find them
One Ring to milk them all
and pockets fully line them
Grimey Drawer

Karl_Ramseier posted:

Sorry, but without any proof I would rather believe in Santa Claus

Hey Space Marshal, you lied when you said you didn't have any money in, all your posts scream "investor" & "thousands". :getout:

no_recall
Aug 17, 2015

Lipstick Apathy

LCL-Dead posted:

2300 posts.

Well, TOS Day happened, we're told to wait 10 days a.k.a 2 weeks till AC 2.0 drops, and our resident Warlord has a post coming on Tues.

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy
Doesn't ~Space Marshall~ mean they spent 5k+? I.e. *spent*, not gotten gifted, like they keep saying?

no_recall
Aug 17, 2015

Lipstick Apathy
We got the wrong man? :smuggo:

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

Truga posted:

Doesn't ~Space Marshall~ mean they spent 5k+? I.e. *spent*, not gotten gifted, like they keep saying?

But you see he used his in-law's credit card so he hasn't spent anything himself :downs:

Chalks
Sep 30, 2009

Hey guys it looks like there's a new project coming up that we should all get behind. :gary:

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

Karl_Ramseier posted:

I REFUSE TO BELIEVE ANYFING DEREK SAYS WITHOUT PROOF BTW IM ALWAYS RITE PLZ BELIEF ANYTHIGN I SAY W/O PROOF
Source or gtfo you twat

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to find them
Grimey Drawer
Star Citizen, I would rather believe in Santa Claus

LCL-Dead
Apr 22, 2014

Grimey Drawer

Sappo569 posted:

Email them about a chargeback, I want to see how quickly they respond

I bet it's less than 5 hours

Bets?

You would lose.

I emailed them last Thursday and included a note that I was going to begin an investigation through paypal if they did not answer up and acknowledge my emails by COB Friday.

Still nothing back. Looks like I'm going to go through paypal, which sucks for them. Paypal has something like $600 spent on it whereas the account itself, at the moment, is only worth about tree fiddy.

2DCAT
Jun 25, 2015

pissssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssssss sssssssssssssssssss sssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssss ssssssssssssssssssssssssssss sssssssssssssss

Gravy Boat 2k

no_recall posted:

We got the wrong man? :smuggo:

This is starting to remind me of The Twilight Zone's "The Monsters Are Due on Maple Street":

Karl: Look! Look, I swear it isn't me! I swear it isn't! But I know who it is! I know who the Reddit guy is! I know who it is that doesn't belong among us! I swear I know who it is!

Poster 1: Alright, Karl, let's hear it!

Karl: It's... it's...

Poster 2: What are you waiting for!

Poster 1: Well, come on Karl, come on!

Poster 3: Who is it, Karl? Tell us!

Karl: It's the kid! Over there! He's the one in the wheelchair!

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to find them
Grimey Drawer

Chalks posted:

Hey guys it looks like there's a new project coming up that we should all get behind. :gary:

:captainpop: :gary: :chanpop:

Vire
Nov 4, 2005

Like a Bosh

Chalks posted:

YES haha was wondering when lowtax would get in on this haha.

Hopper
Dec 28, 2004

BOOING! BOOING!
Grimey Drawer
The Something Awful Forums > Discussion > Games > Star Citizen: I would rather believe in Santa Claus

Can we make this the December thread title please?

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless
Can anyone imagine Melinda Gates going on stage and :qq: that people were being mean because it was 2001 and Windows 98 still hadn't come out, what little was seen was complete poo poo and why the gently caress was she Vice President of anything at Microsoft anyway and why was she acting in a Microsoft movie with Gary Oldman now?

e: if Melinda Gates was an "actress" with a couple of spoken bits in Australian movies trying to start her career at an age where hot superstars start finding it hard to get work

MeLKoR fucked around with this message at 15:23 on Nov 2, 2015

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches

MeLKoR posted:

Can anyone imagine Melinda Gates going on stage and :qq: that people were being mean because it was 2001 and Windows 98 still hadn't come out, what little was seen was complete poo poo and why the gently caress was she Vice President of anything at Microsoft anyway and why was she acting in a Microsoft movie with Gary Oldman now?

no.they like actually have PR people and stuff.

notoriousman
Nov 18, 2007

I'M AWARE I'M
AN IDIOT

From last month's Citizen Con presentation, for context he starts talking about the alpha 2.0 features around 19:12 or so. Given that, their website lists the alpha 2.0 features as only including the various IFCS flight models and makes no mention of the additions announced at their convention. So really my question is 1) what happened to the launch of multicrew, the FPS integration, the "large world" integration, etc., and 2) what about the upcoming patch (which now appears to be comprised solely of new flight models and bugfixes) warrants the bump to alpha 2.0 as opposed to, say, alpha 1.4?

I'm not trying to be snarky or anything, just genuinely curious as to the state of this game. It baffles me that there doesn't seem to be any concrete release schedule for a game 3 years in development, and the best the various wikis out there can do is project based on years-old developer quotes. Just help me out here.

notoriousman fucked around with this message at 15:26 on Nov 2, 2015

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

Chalks posted:

Does this make it an official goon jihad? When does conscription start? I wanna be there when they go for the E&Ns.

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

It's yet another day in the wasteland.

MeLKoR posted:

e: if Melinda Gates was an "actress" with a couple of spoken bits in Australian movies trying to start her career at an age where hot superstars start finding it hard to get work

Aside from having problems imagining Microsoft, specifically, as one of those “funny” companies, yes. That sounds just like the kind of desperate attempts at executive humour that appear at company rallies to motivate the troops.

Berious
Nov 13, 2005

SneakyFrog posted:

no.they like actually have PR people and stuff.

and developers, developers, developers, developers, developers, developers, developers, developers

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CrazyTolradi
Oct 2, 2011

It feels so good to be so bad.....at posting.

Karl_Ramseier posted:

Give us some loving examples of why CIG having money in reserve is bad business practice, even if it's in German. German speaking goons can at least translate it for us. Otherwise you're just a walking joke, who refutes everything with "You are wrong because I say you are wrong."

• Locked thread