Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

stop the fucking fight, cornerman, your dude is fucking done and is about to be killed.

Dapper Dan posted:

The main villain will be D'orak Smurv, Solar Warlord and his elite Groons.

can't wait

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

Toops posted:

Things over at Solar Plebeian are progressing nicely. The video quality really ruins immersion, but this is just a lil' teaser:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_YAnBanN6iw

Once I get the UI done, and build a downloader/patcher which makes you re-download the entire game every time, I'll start posting weekly builds and write a dev blog. PM me if you want to lend a hand. Especially on the modeling/assets/animation side of things, I'm a loving programmer god dammit.

:gary: PAAAAAARP

I was inspired

Loel
Jun 4, 2012

"For the Emperor."

There was a terrible noise.
There was a terrible silence.

Daztek posted:

I was inspired

:golfclap:

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

It's yet another day in the wasteland.

Daztek posted:

I was inspired

Ah, the majestic Space Boombrie. Excellent choice.

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Sometimes it's not the bomb that's retarded.

Daztek posted:

I was inspired

Can it be a pair of tits instead of one?

Brazilianpeanutwar
Aug 27, 2015

Spent my walletfull, on a jpeg, desolate, will croberts make a whale of me yet?
I call this one : Mental gymnastics

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

Brazilianpeanutwar posted:

I call this one : Mental gymnastics

The end part where she sticks the landing doesn't really ring true with how this will all turn out…

Mr Fronts
Jan 31, 2016

Yo! The Mafia supports you. But don't tell no one. Spread the word.

Toops posted:

Things over at Solar Plebeian are progressing nicely. The video quality really ruins immersion, but this is just a lil' teaser:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_YAnBanN6iw

Once I get the UI done, and build a downloader/patcher which makes you re-download the entire game every time, I'll start posting weekly builds and write a dev blog. PM me if you want to lend a hand. Especially on the modeling/assets/animation side of things, I'm a loving programmer god dammit.

:gary: PAAAAAARP

I don't see any birds. For the love of God, prioritise.

Toops
Nov 5, 2015

-find mood stabilizers
-also,

Kakarot posted:

Wow! you're making a game? Cool. Will it have FPS?

It will have everything, my friend.

So yes, it will have FPS. Bman just dropped me off a FPS character. I named him Croberticus. He hails from Rome. He will probably wield a large floppy dicksword. Hand and a half... or 2hander depending on the hands.

https://trello.com/b/GZRlkiQu/solar-plebeian

Toops
Nov 5, 2015

-find mood stabilizers
-also,

Daztek posted:

I was inspired

poo poo yes. That's the splash screen. Downloaded, task added to main menu UI card (trello).

This is literally happening you guys.

Toops
Nov 5, 2015

-find mood stabilizers
-also,

Mr Fronts posted:

I don't see any birds. For the love of God, prioritise.

True. I have my team in Switzerland researching the tech necessary to fully implement PG birds with immersive AI at acceptable fidelity levels. So 2 weeks.

There is this though, coming soon:

https://trello.com/c/bxihTjhy/26-ship-weapon-oh-manski-bird-gun

Brazilianpeanutwar
Aug 27, 2015

Spent my walletfull, on a jpeg, desolate, will croberts make a whale of me yet?

Tippis posted:

The end part where she sticks the landing doesn't really ring true with how this will all turn out…

Better?

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

Yes. Especially with the guy on the side who doesn't keep up and keeps looking in the air… very true to life.

Toops
Nov 5, 2015

-find mood stabilizers
-also,
Also, just wanted to remind everyone that Squadron 42 will be coming soon* to theaters a tragic person's computer near you.

*not even remotely soon

Baller Time
Apr 22, 2014

by Azathoth
Squadron 42 will be revolutionary in that it will be the first video game to be nominated for the Razzie awards.

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

How 'bout them hawks news huh!

Napoleon Bonaparty posted:

Unrelated: The Master is now on Netflix.

Not a cult.

There's that great scene in which Hoffman is politely questioned about some inconsistencies between his books and he goes from avoiding answers to an outright outburst of furious anger. Made me think of the SC saga of blunders for some reason, but Christ knows why...

TheLastRoboKy
May 2, 2009

Finishing the game with everyone else's continues

Baller Time posted:

Squadron 42 will be revolutionary in that it will be the first video game to be nominated for the Razzie awards.

Hopefully with a scene where Admiral Commander High Belt Bishop looks down at his hands which are caked in blood and goes "What have I become?!"

He'll be on a space toilet at the time just wanted to provide some context for the dramatic scene.

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

DoctorStrangelove posted:

People would not be nearly as harsh on Ben if he were ripped as hell.

Then my hate would be fueled by envy rather than contempt. Take less steroids Ben, you look like loving brahmin.

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

by the end of 2016 Solar Plebian will have more content in it than Star Citizen

heck by the end of feburary probably

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to fool them all
One Ring to find them
One Ring to milk them all
and pockets fully line them
Grimey Drawer

:boom:

Demiurge4
Aug 10, 2011

:golfclap:

BeefThief
Aug 8, 2007

alf_pogs posted:

It already looks like more fun. Just gotta get those birds in there and Croberts will have a fit.

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

alf_pogs posted:

Two we…

No, wait. Three weeks? What kind of backwards game design is this?!

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

BigglesSWE posted:

There's that great scene in which Hoffman is politely questioned about some inconsistencies between his books and he goes from avoiding answers to an outright outburst of furious anger. Made me think of the SC saga of blunders for some reason, but Christ knows why...

«If you already know what happened to Star Marine why do you keep asking, PIG gently caress?»

Yeah, I could see a Chris "Hoffman" Roberts working, shame he died.

Berious
Nov 13, 2005
EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM THE KEYBOARD AND MOUSE. ITS THE STAR SHITIZEN THREAD AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I START TRYING TO CATCH UP ALONGSIDE THE MAIN CHARACTER, DEREK SMART. I READ EVERY POST AND I READ EVERY POST HARD. MAKIN PAAAAAARPING SOUNDS WHEN I SEE CHRIS ROBERTS GET OWNED OR EVEN WHEN I SEE A WHALE CRY. NOT MANY CAN SAY THEY POSTED IN GAMES BEST THREAD. I CAN. I SAY IT AND I SAY IT OUTLOUD EVERYDAY TO PEOPLE IN MY OTHER THREADS AND ALL THEY DO IS PROVE PEOPLE IN OTHER THREADS CAN STILL BE IMMATURE JEKRS. AND IVE LEARNED ALL THE STRETCH GOALS AND IVE LEARNED HOW TO MAKE MYSELF AND MY APARTMENT LESS LONELY BY SHOUTING EM ALL. 2 HOURS INCLUDING WIND DOWN EVERY MORNIng

sorry

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to find them
Grimey Drawer

35 Weeks until Citizen Con 2016.

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

https://forums.robertsspaceindustries.com/discussion/comment/6340928/#Comment_6340928

Poor Karl has doubts

ShredsYouSay
Sep 22, 2011

How's his widow holding up?
Star Citizen isn't pay2win, and anyone who says that is an sp (Smart Paarper) and is "fair game".

DISCO KING
Oct 30, 2012

STILL
TRYING
TOO
HARD

BigglesSWE posted:

As I posted Amy Adams' character was shouting about how it's insane they have to prove themselves to "these people" and they had to "explain themselves". It's like storyboarding for the inevitable SC crash documentary

Toops
Nov 5, 2015

-find mood stabilizers
-also,

Berious posted:

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM THE KEYBOARD AND MOUSE. ITS THE STAR SHITIZEN THREAD AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I START TRYING TO CATCH UP ALONGSIDE THE MAIN CHARACTER, DEREK SMART. I READ EVERY POST AND I READ EVERY POST HARD. MAKIN PAAAAAARPING SOUNDS WHEN I SEE CHRIS ROBERTS GET OWNED OR EVEN WHEN I SEE A WHALE CRY. NOT MANY CAN SAY THEY POSTED IN GAMES BEST THREAD. I CAN. I SAY IT AND I SAY IT OUTLOUD EVERYDAY TO PEOPLE IN MY OTHER THREADS AND ALL THEY DO IS PROVE PEOPLE IN OTHER THREADS CAN STILL BE IMMATURE JEKRS. AND IVE LEARNED ALL THE STRETCH GOALS AND IVE LEARNED HOW TO MAKE MYSELF AND MY APARTMENT LESS LONELY BY SHOUTING EM ALL. 2 HOURS INCLUDING WIND DOWN EVERY MORNIng

sorry

:five:

god i love this thread

Berious
Nov 13, 2005

Sperglord posted:

Priorities. When the money runs low, Sandi has to get her Hollywood break. CIG had to put the money where it was most needed.

I do hope they keep the series running, by episode 20 I'm sure that Something Awful will be buying back into Star Citizen. Those videos show the haters to be the loser haters that they are. /s

In an ideal world Ben would get a spotted and poached to play a fat man in some terrible Adam Sandler comedy and Sandi would continue to make web shows about a game that will never exist

darkarchon
Feb 2, 2016

My name is a trolling word
I wanna try some lyrics too… not that good though

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=spqgpkobEh4

Metric - Blindness posted:

Send us an idris, send us a glaive
Tell the sperglords SC is on the way

I was a huge whale, never complained
All the goonrathis sperging on the plains
I was the one with the 'verse at my feet
Got us an javelin, leave it up to me

Find us a bath door, find us a hangar bay
Tell the sperglords SC is on the way

I was a huge whale, never complained
All the goonrathis sperging on the plains
Got us an orion, leave it up to me

What it is and where it stops only Christ knows
He gave me a life I'd never chose

I wanna leave but the Roberts won't let me go
I wanna leave but the Roberts won't let me go

What it is and where it stops only Christ knews
He gave me an idris I never chose

Got us a paarp, leave it up to me

TTerrible
Jul 15, 2005
I can't believe Toops has gone public with Solar Plebian already. The spoilers are out of control. You clearly know nothing about game development :argh:

Hopper
Dec 28, 2004

BOOING! BOOING!
Grimey Drawer

What are the odds Squadron 42 will be Wing Commander with mocap instead of FMV and absolutely 0 FPS? Because "that is what Star Marine is, and uh... backers.. well they misunderstood. It was never intended to uhh *flails hands* have like both FPS and Spaceships in Squadron inter...twined like *more finger acrobatics*... You see the... fidelity of both will be so unprecedented you would ... kinda be drowned in it if both was unified into one experience. It will be much easier to ahh.. you see ... experience it as two magnum opuses so to speak..."

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

TTerrible posted:

I can't believe Toops has gone public with Solar Plebian already. The spoilers are out of control. You clearly know nothing about game development :argh:

Who will write Admiral Cardinal's speech?

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo
Also I've promised to try making some music for the game. Are we going for Mass Effect style ambience, or something more melodic/catchy?

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo
Also D'orak Smurv should have a nickname

Something dignified, like "Gentleman of advanced age"

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to find them
Grimey Drawer

Hopper posted:

What are the odds Squadron 42 will be Wing Commander with mocap instead of FMV and absolutely 0 FPS? Because "that is what Star Marine is, and uh... backers.. well they misunderstood. It was never intended to uhh *flails hands* have like both FPS and Spaceships in Squadron inter...twined like *more finger acrobatics*... You see the... fidelity of both will be so unprecedented you would ... kinda be drowned in it if both was unified into one experience. It will be much easier to ahh.. you see ... experience it as two magnum opuses so to speak..."

They either drop the 64 bit positioning from SQ42 and use Star Marine for the FPS, which means they have to fix Star Marine so I don't think that's a goer.

Or they drop 64 bit positioning from SQ42 and redo FPS with it all in 32 bit, I don't think they'd do that either.

Or they add FPS elements to the large world 64 bit positioning 2.0 and use them for SQ42, this is what they've said they are doing, I think this is the most likely outcome not because they said it but because 2.0 currently works offline and CIG having something that actually works is a miracle. It's also going to solve all their instance and networking problems. Considering SQ42 is meant to be a spaceship game I fully expect the FPS to gradually become less and less important as they run out of time over the next 35 weeks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr Fronts
Jan 31, 2016

Yo! The Mafia supports you. But don't tell no one. Spread the word.

I think this is the reason full-face folding helmets are being added to SC.

• Locked thread