Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
BMan
Oct 31, 2015

KNIIIIIIFE
EEEEEYYYYE
ATTAAAACK

Hey Sarsapariller, if you get your money back, can I interest you in an Ageist Potato? I'm only asking for $1000, so you know, it's basically free.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Kings need not raise their voices to be heard
Out of these three new recruits, the one with the furry avatar is probably the least strange.

Furry avatar

"despite the persistent rumours and concerns over fiscal management, project management, and slipping timelines, the playable alpha was just so drat enticing..."

Matlock Birthmark
Sep 24, 2005

I wanted this to happen!!
Soiled Meat

EightAce posted:

Also most emails flying around CIG now contain that little Ben dancing emoji which speaks volumes ....

You know, it pleases me in a really visceral way that the stupid things this thread spawns have such effects on the internal culture of a game company with over 100 mil in crowdfunding.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

This thread never fails to deliver. This whole mess is simply amazing.

fuzzknot
Mar 23, 2009

Yip yip yip yip yip

Matlock Birthmark posted:

You know, it pleases me in a really visceral way that the stupid things this thread spawns have such effects on the internal culture of a game company with over 100 mil in crowdfunding.

It won't be complete until every last one of us has a custom smilie. :pgabz: is only the beginning. We need :eonwe:, :bootcha:, etc. Somebody with talent, please do this.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

fuzzknot posted:

It won't be complete until every last one of us has a custom smilie. :pgabz: is only the beginning. We need :eonwe:, :bootcha:, etc. Somebody with talent, please do this.

:eyepop:

if someone makes a :eonwe: i'll buy it

mr moneybags can buy his!!!!!!!!

grimcreaper
Jan 7, 2012

EightAce posted:

Has someone really contacted private eye? if so that is awsome. Also most emails flying around CIG now contain that little Ben dancing emoji which speaks volumes ....

You know.. If thats honestly true about the ben emoji, i feel really sad for him.

As a person whos been on the rear end end of long-going joke, i know how much it can hurt. Maybe thats partially why Ben has been doubling down on his rear end in a top hat behavior? I can safely say that by the time the joke ran through with me, i was a sour jackass to people when they brought it up. like, Zeusing them in Counter Strike 3 rounds in a row to get banned from the match jackass.

Again, Ben, if you read this or ANYONE else who talks to Ben reads this: Its time to lose some weight. Please dont be a statistic. Get some serious help and keep on gaming :)

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

EightAce posted:

Has someone really contacted private eye? if so that is awsome. Also most emails flying around CIG now contain that little Ben dancing emoji which speaks volumes ....

Please tell us when they start using :wtchris: :gary: :frontear: or, even better, :pgabz: and :mediocre:

Nicholas
Mar 7, 2001

Were those not fine days, when we drank of clear honey, and spoke in calm tones of our love for the stuff?
i want a :full burn: emoji

EightAce
May 10, 2015

Watch it all come crashing down on his head and wonder why any of us gave him money in the first place.

trucutru posted:

Please tell us when they start using :wtchris: :gary: :frontear: or, even better, :pgabz: and :mediocre:

paarp is a well known flag for trolls , anti cultists, ex members of the cult and general scum bags who should never be spoken to or of....

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy

Nicholas posted:

i want a :full burn: emoji

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

fuzzknot posted:

I have no problem buying smilies. I just don't know poo poo about making them.

Eonwe posted:

:agreed: There's a number of users I'd happily throw down the cost of a smilie for, considering how much joy they've brought to the thread.

e: not an av, a smilie. I'm not buying anymore avs.

Beet Wagon fucked around with this message at 21:45 on Feb 9, 2016

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

EightAce posted:

paarp is a well known flag for trolls , anti cultists, ex members of the cult and general scum bags who should never be spoken to or of....

Find a way to play this in the building

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qF9elfrrF4M

Tortolia
Dec 29, 2005

Hindustan Electronics Employee of the Month, July 2008
Grimey Drawer
The idea of this merry band of lunatics actually impacting internal corporate culture at a hundred million dollar enterprise is loving outstanding. :toot:

Damn Dirty Ape
Jan 23, 2015

I love you Dr. Zaius

EightAce posted:

Hahaha this is great.

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

grimcreaper posted:

You know.. If thats honestly true about the ben emoji, i feel really sad for him.

As a person whos been on the rear end end of long-going joke, i know how much it can hurt. Maybe thats partially why Ben has been doubling down on his rear end in a top hat behavior? I can safely say that by the time the joke ran through with me, i was a sour jackass to people when they brought it up. like, Zeusing them in Counter Strike 3 rounds in a row to get banned from the match jackass.

Again, Ben, if you read this or ANYONE else who talks to Ben reads this: Its time to lose some weight. Please dont be a statistic. Get some serious help and keep on gaming :)

Ehh I don't know Ben's gotta be pretty goddamn miserable to earn any sympathy from me

Lonkface
Jan 22, 2016

All that glitters is not gold.
People at RSI forums dreaming about CIG picking up/buying out/saving Mad Catz for future profits because stick-business is so drat lucrative. Professional investors at work.

Honestly, this stuff is really sad to read sometimes and humanity is really, really bad at handling money.

BMan
Oct 31, 2015

KNIIIIIIFE
EEEEEYYYYE
ATTAAAACK

Eonwe posted:

Here you go!!!

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

Tortolia posted:

The idea of this merry band of lunatics actually impacting internal corporate culture at a hundred million dollar enterprise is loving outstanding. :toot:

I'd say CIG and this thread have an equal impact on Star Citizen development

teh_Broseph
Oct 21, 2010

THE LAST METROID IS IN
CATTIVITY. THE GALAXY
IS AT PEACE...
Lipstick Apathy

Sedisp posted:

Sarsapariller might just be the dumbest person in this thread. Even more so than people like Octopede. At least they have just been blinded by optimism. The Sarsapariller class Whale Ship will be loyal to you after it's lost all faith in you.

I'm sorry that reality doesn't fall neatly into the personal narrative you've constructed where all people who choose to spend money on a game of their choosing suffer from some mental disorder that you get to play the hero and save them from. The reality is that people see something in the game that excites them, and they are willing to spend money because of that.

Damn Dirty Ape
Jan 23, 2015

I love you Dr. Zaius

Tijuana Bibliophile posted:

It's hilarious that (poo poo)posters in this thread have probably had far more impact on Star Citizen than 'high admiral' (or whatever) whales and their fancy gold cards.

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

Lonkface posted:

People at RSI forums dreaming about CIG picking up/buying out/saving Mad Catz for future profits because stick-business is so drat lucrative. Professional investors at work.

Honestly, this stuff is really sad to read sometimes and humanity is really, really bad at handling money.

Stop being sad and see it as an opportunity

Kilmers Elbow
Jun 15, 2012

Obvious poop-toucher is obvious.

Damn Dirty Ape
Jan 23, 2015

I love you Dr. Zaius

lol at you goon idiots wasting all your money on video games.

*buys 10 games on steam that he will never play*

Lonkface
Jan 22, 2016

All that glitters is not gold.

Stop being sad and see it as an opportunity

Show me the way!

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

drat Dirty Ape posted:

lol at you goon idiots wasting all your money on video games.

*buys 10 games on steam that he will never play*

what are those I'm looking for some fine new games to buy and never play

fuzzknot
Mar 23, 2009

Yip yip yip yip yip

BMan posted:

Here you go!!!

Oh God what I have done.

I can't wait to see the tiny Rikki-Tikki-Tavi that will be :fuzzknot:.

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

That's one of the best parts about this thread. Seeing something posted and hearing about how a week later Chris is walking back the narrative on procedural birds or whatever because we won't shut the gently caress up about it.

BMan posted:

Here you go!!!

Oooh poo poo

Tanith
Jul 17, 2005

Alpha, Beta, Gamma cores
Use them, lose them, salvage more
Kick off the next AI war
In the Persean Sector

The yellow on black of this makes me think they'd be better off rebranding it as weightloss for dummies.

BMan posted:

Here you go!!!

:vince:

What software did you use to clip out the black and shrink it down?

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Kings need not raise their voices to be heard

https://forums.robertsspaceindustries.com/discussion/comment/6340203/#Comment_6340203

https://forums.robertsspaceindustries.com/discussion/comment/6344486/#Comment_6344486

Ursine Catastrophe
Nov 9, 2009

It's a lovely morning in the void and you are a horrible lady-in-waiting.

don't ask how i know

Dinosaur Gum

EightAce posted:

Also most emails flying around CIG now contain that little Ben dancing emoji which speaks volumes ....

i don't care if this is a lie i want it to be true so hard

SpunkyRedKnight
Oct 12, 2000

EightAce posted:

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

BMan posted:

Here you go!!!

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

Beet Wagon posted:

That's one of the best parts about this thread. Seeing something posted and hearing about how a week later Chris is walking back the narrative on procedural birds or whatever because we won't shut the gently caress up about it.

Oooh poo poo

It's awesome that CIG and Citizens handle their own communities so horribly that this is the best place for uncensored Star Citizen discussion

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

Lonkface posted:

Yeah, according that one gently caress twit, a Javelin would cost $2.50.

Now imagine him reading Apple's financials.

Hopefully he cranked up his GAAP skills to 64 bit precision.

BMan
Oct 31, 2015

KNIIIIIIFE
EEEEEYYYYE
ATTAAAACK

Tanith posted:

The yellow on black of this makes me think they'd be better off rebranding it as weightloss for dummies.

:vince:

What software did you use to clip out the black and shrink it down?

GIMP

Tanith
Jul 17, 2005

Alpha, Beta, Gamma cores
Use them, lose them, salvage more
Kick off the next AI war
In the Persean Sector

fuzzknot posted:

Oh God what I have done.

I can't wait to see the tiny Rikki-Tikki-Tavi that will be :fuzzknot:.

I was thinking this but with Sandi as the cobra.

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

If you don't buy this I will.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

BMan posted:

Here you go!!!

i will buy this but it looks like the store is still having issues, which is why I suspect that Silver Bullet also has still not showed up

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

:eonwe:

• Locked thread