Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ash1138
Sep 29, 2001

Get up, chief. We're just gettin' started.

i'm the aiguillette on the leather jacket

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Decrepus
May 21, 2008

In the end, his dominion did not touch a single poster.

Ash1138 posted:

i'm the aiguillette on the leather jacket

Exclusive star citizen jacket bidding starts at $3,500.

DoctorStrangelove
Jun 7, 2012

IT WOULD NOT BE DIFFICULT MEIN FUHRER!

What the gently caress do you even call that beard?

Iglocska
Nov 23, 2015

Beet Wagon posted:

Oh you poor sweet non-electically-penis-removed summer child. You've a long way to go in your education, my son.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SNlWQ3s5Xc8

Fair warning, this video is not NSFW, but it will scar your insides. Posting it should be a warcrime.

gently caress's sake. That's enough internet for tonight.

AugmentedVision posted:

Sticking two patches and putting a blue rope through the shoulder loop of your jacket is impressive effort, agreed.

I know man, no bunny ears or crossbow, loving casual.

Damn Dirty Ape
Jan 23, 2015

I love you Dr. Zaius

Eonwe posted:

my thoughts: pull lots of really terrible fanart and fanfics from the RSI forums again like we did that one time

I can't help for another 2 hours tho

aleksendr
May 14, 2014

Iglocska posted:

I am going to regret this but... What's the story behind this?...

There is none, this is real, this is who they are and want to play Star Citizen with you.

I hope the parents of these humans take a long hard look in the mirror and do some soul searching on how they messed up raising their offsprings.

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

From what? Gamer Girls? Twitch Cam Girls?

Edit - Also, I love the abundance of pasty white dudes "defending the 'verse." Very comical in a "the south shall prevail" sort of way.

Mekchu fucked around with this message at 23:26 on Feb 10, 2016

Saint Isaias Boner
Jan 17, 2007

hi how are you

DoctorStrangelove posted:

goathawk

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

Unfunny Poster posted:

From what? Gamer Girls? Twitch Cam Girls?

my gut tells me.... Space Mexicans

runsamok
Jan 12, 2011

Ash1138
Sep 29, 2001

Get up, chief. We're just gettin' started.

against regulations that's for sure

Decrepus posted:

Exclusive star citizen jacket bidding starts at $3,500.
shhh...don't give them ideas

fuzzknot
Mar 23, 2009

Yip yip yip yip yip

Decrepus posted:

He put on a leather jacket. What is wrong with you.

Danny from Grease put on a sweater. If that was good enough for Sandy, this should be good enough for you.

Brazilianpeanutwar
Aug 27, 2015

Spent my walletfull, on a jpeg, desolate, will croberts make a whale of me yet?

In the hardcore Birmingham gay nightlife scene it's called the "crop circle".

It's not but I had you didn't I?

aleksendr
May 14, 2014

Unkept.

I get a strong "Urban Militia" protect our women from the dirty <mexican/pedophile/blacks/muslim> creed from the picture. All tacticool hardass with no training and easy access to guns.

ZenMaster
Jan 24, 2006

I Saved PC Gaming

alf_pogs posted:

if it's any consolation you did the absolute right thing

thanks, that does help, he doesn't know I did it, but refuses to talk to anyone... he is super embarrassed I think.

Lime Tonics
Nov 7, 2015

by FactsAreUseless
There is a whole series of these too.

"DO NOT" GOOGLE STAR CITIZEN COSPLAY with safe search off.

moonraker
Oct 29, 2015

That's the stuff of nightmares , sleep apnea and dreams of star citizen.Its going to be hard when the bubble bursts

aleksendr
May 14, 2014

ZenMaster posted:

thanks, that does help, he doesn't know I did it, but refuses to talk to anyone... he is super embarrassed I think.

Give him time. Hopefully once his medication kick back in and he get stable he will see the events in another light. Admiting you did wrong and accepting that others like you enough to risk your wrath to save you from your own bad decision is not easy.

Saint Isaias Boner
Jan 17, 2007

hi how are you

Lime Tonics posted:

There is a whole series of these too.

"DO NOT" GOOGLE STAR CITIZEN COSPLAY with safe search off.

i did it anyway and

welp

not gonna say i'm glad i did it but by god there are some hideous trainwrecks affiliated with this whole thing

who knew there were people who were sexually interested in spaceships

Scruffpuff
Dec 23, 2015

Fidelity. Wait, was I'm working on again?

aleksendr posted:

Give him time. Hopefully once his medication kick back in and he get stable he will see the events in another light. Admiting you did wrong and accepting that others like you enough to risk your wrath to save you from your own bad decision is not easy.

The whole event is a nice allegory for SC as a whole. Perhaps in time everyone in this thread will be seen in another light.

SirPhoebos
Dec 10, 2007

WELL THAT JUST HAPPENED!

Hav posted:

"Derek writes his blog, and Chris goes apeshit and refunds his money and cancels his account without being asked?!?"

I'll break it down. If you're a customer, then you have recourse to claim distress because you're a customer. If you're not a customer, then you don't have much of a leg to stand on.

Is that clearer for you?

The only problem is that unilaterally refunding a customer doesn't sever your responsibility. An argument can still be made that an expectation to perform was violated, even if the customer is refunded.

To make this :iiaca:, say you reserve a car rental for a vacation. Then when you arrive at your destination and get to the car rental, a representative says "We didn't like your latest tweet, so we're canceling your reservation. Here's your money back." Even if you've been made monetarily whole, your plans are in jeopardy because the rental agency decided it just didn't want to honor it's end of the rental agreement.

Chris Roberts got ran out of Hollywood for pulling this same poo poo with Costner.

aleksendr
May 14, 2014

Scruffpuff posted:

The whole event is a nice allegory for SC as a whole. Perhaps in time everyone in this thread will be seen in another light.

Eonwe will still be a Shitposter of the first order.

Galarox
Sep 23, 2015

Fun Shoe
Hello best thread on the interwebs. Long time lurker, but I thought I had better not :lurkmore: soo.. as a first time poster so I thought I had better :effort: post:

AugmentedVision
Feb 17, 2011

by exmarx
holy poo poo

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Galarox posted:

Hello best thread on the interwebs. Long time lurker, but I thought I had better not :lurkmore: soo.. as a first time poster so I thought I had better :effort: post:

The ship should be something from elite and it would be perfect

OhDearGodNo
Jan 3, 2014

Ash1138 posted:

if people knew our financials, it would make forming business relationships very difficult!

*shits on illfonic*

*shits on turbulent*

Quoting you because I can't find the goon that mentioned how no private company releases financials unless it's advantageous or required, which is for the most part correct.

Where CIG differs is that they have zero revenue. They can't even claim a profit since the cash inflow is on pre-orders. It's why CIG has to struggle for credit.

However until they changed the TOS they specifically stated there would be an audit and disclosure of finances and this was due last fall. People who pre-ordered under this pretense, wether they were aware of the fact or not.

It's like a class-action lawsuit. You get a letter one day saying you get $14 because you bought your kitchen mixer between a specific set of dates.

So while most companies don't disclose financials, most companies don't base all there cash inflow from their customers.

Think of it like a :airquote: donation :airquote: like the brown sea says it is. As such, they are required to post financials just like any other charity.

Liquid Dinosaur
Dec 16, 2011

by Smythe

In space, no one can hear you snore.

aleksendr
May 14, 2014

Galarox posted:

Oh that is some serious Art. Excellent composition, every little detail is perfect.

:master:

Berious
Nov 13, 2005

Iglocska posted:

I am going to regret this but... What's the story behind this?...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SNlWQ3s5Xc8

They have a youtube channel full of similar videos if you like torturing yourself

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=blPpnnSOiwk

This one is those squeaky motherfuckers "interviewing" mushmouth for stimpire level audio torture

Berious fucked around with this message at 23:47 on Feb 10, 2016

Saint Isaias Boner
Jan 17, 2007

hi how are you

aleksendr posted:

Eonwe will still be a Shitposter of the first order.

you guys and eonwe, it's the loving allegory of the cave up in here i tell you what

he is a good poster and all but jesus

fuzzknot
Mar 23, 2009

Yip yip yip yip yip

Gilganixon posted:

i did it anyway and

welp

not gonna say i'm glad i did it but by god there are some hideous trainwrecks affiliated with this whole thing

who knew there were people who were sexually interested in spaceships

Thank you for your sacrifice. I have to wonder why anyone would search for such a thing in the first place.

aleksendr
May 14, 2014

Cao Ni Ma posted:

No, its thier OWN vision that they cant reach, since that ship/salvation is an illusion caused by madness, dehydration and famine.

Damn Dirty Ape
Jan 23, 2015

I love you Dr. Zaius

Galarox posted:

That's a hell of a first post. (Mine was probably a fart joke or something.)

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

Galarox posted:

holy poo poo and welcome to the thread

are you an RSI refugee?

fuzzknot
Mar 23, 2009

Yip yip yip yip yip

drat Dirty Ape posted:

That's a hell of a first post. (Mine was probably a fart joke or something.)

It's cool. Mine was a cupcake recipe followed by savaging Karl. Nobody posts well in this thread.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

aleksendr posted:

No, its thier OWN vision that they cant reach, since that ship/salvation is an illusion caused by madness, dehydration and famine.

Oh, then its perfect as is

SirPhoebos
Dec 10, 2007

WELL THAT JUST HAPPENED!

I just remembered that the bad guys from the Star Wars NJO series were pretty much the FourthStimpire.

However, this is probably the most Stimpirific outtake from the Let's Read thread was from the Jedi Prince series (which, keep in mind, was for young adults):

quote:

"Grand Moff Hissa, because Zorba the Hutt assures me that your crimes are more serious than those of your companions, and because you led the plot to return Trioculus to his position of power, I sentence you to die a cruel and unusual death. You shall be starved, and when you are mad and insane with hunger, you shall be served your last meal. It shall be a meal of biscuits that have live parasites baked into them. The parasites will begin eating you from inside the pit of your stomach and will work their way slowly to your outermost layer of flesh."

Nicholas
Mar 7, 2001

Were those not fine days, when we drank of clear honey, and spoke in calm tones of our love for the stuff?
Finally caught up with thread. Please change title to Star Citizen: The post count triples every second

Galarox
Sep 23, 2015

Fun Shoe

Cao Ni Ma posted:

Dont have any elit ship pictures or even know their names, sorry. Give me a link and I will change it :smuggo:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sunswipe
Feb 5, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

No. No I not come with you.

• Locked thread