Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
RVWinkle
Aug 24, 2004

In relating the circumstances which have led to my confinement within this refuge for the demented, I am aware that my present position will create a natural doubt of the authenticity of my narrative.
Nap Ghost

Percelus posted:

who would of thought dr derek smart would fail to deliver, of all people

Hmm lemmie see...

Goons buy jpeg avatars for dsmart

dsmart promises the ultimate blog post

dsmart never meets a deadline

Dr. Smart's academic credentials are in question

Maybe he's secretly married to Sandi?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wrath of the Bitch King
May 11, 2005

Research confirms that black is a color like silver is a color, and that beyond black is clarity.
I'm so close to buying SC, you have no idea. My only hope is the blog, Derek. Save me from myself.

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to fool them all
One Ring to find them
One Ring to milk them all
and pockets fully line them
Grimey Drawer

Unfunny Poster posted:

This video contains content from Universal Pictures (ZEFR), who has blocked it in your country on copyright grounds.

It's one of the old Conan movies, and appears to be anti-Derek Star Citizen propaganda. I could explain how badly done it is but as you can't view it, I think you already got the point.

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos
This is to you Derek if you are out there

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xJZF-skCY-M

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Wrath of the Bitch King posted:

I'm so close to buying SC, you have no idea. My only hope is the blog, Derek. Save me from myself.

Matlock Birthmark
Sep 24, 2005

I wanted this to happen!!
Soiled Meat
Well, I am one shocked at this incident. One of the things I've come to rely upon is the consistent posting of Derek's blog.

Libluini
May 18, 2012

I gravitated towards the Greens, eventually even joining the party itself.

The Linke is a party I grudgingly accept exists, but I've learned enough about DDR-history I can't bring myself to trust a party that was once the SED, a party leading the corrupt state apparatus ...
Grimey Drawer

peter gabriel posted:

Derek lied blogs died

Star Citizen has the same chance of coming out as my cat has of getting this sweet, sweet bunny meat:

(No silly cat you won't ever get into the neighbour's special bunny reserve. Give it up.)

Her reaction on Derek's delayed doom blog.

Later, I had to bath my kitty to clean up the dirt from trying to climb into the bunny cage the stench of Christ Robot's failure.

Lord_NeckBeard
Oct 26, 2015
Derek's no show has convinced me that he is a liar and that Chris Roberts is an unfairly maligned creative genius who just needs peace and backer money. So, I borrowed some money from Lady Neckbeard's savings and got myself that sweet $15,000 package. I'll show you goons with my awesome pew pew in the PU after you poo poo'd this project!

shitin milk
Jul 6, 2004

:milk: c'est franchment dla merde!! supreficiels de toute espece, je vous hais. Ciao.
im permabanned poster smartstomper2014. i first started sending money to cloud imperium games when i was about 12. by 14 i got really obsessed with the concept of “jpegs” and tried to channel it constantly, until my thought process got really bizarre and i would repeat things like “REVERSE THE VERSE” and “The CIG Teams Magical Ship Maker has a gift, Any ship he touches becomes more sexy and increases exponentially in damage state complexity” in my head for hours, and i would get really paranoid, start seeing Derek Smart in the corners of my eyes etc, basically prodromal schizophrenia. im now on antipsychotics. i always wondered what the kind of “Chris Roberts” style of game development was all about; i think it’s the unconscious leaking in to the conscious, what jungian theory considered to be the cause of schizophrenic and schizotypal syptoms. i would advise all people who “get” Star Citizen to be careful because that likely means you have a predisposition to a mental illness. peace.

Wrath of the Bitch King
May 11, 2005

Research confirms that black is a color like silver is a color, and that beyond black is clarity.
Derek dude c'mon it's getting close to the witching hour here and I don't know how long I can hold myself back.

I mean this looks like a pretty good deal for a spaceship, right? And I'm reading about this "gray market" thing where there are some better options if you've got more than 45 smackers on you. I can go without lunch for a few weeks if it means a better spaceship and this website looks legit so you better hurry.

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos
Hello Pig :3:

Devian666
Aug 20, 2008

Take some advice Chris.

Fun Shoe
He's still got me blocked from his twitter feed. I have to log out to see what he's been up to, which is retweeting the D Smart bingo. The best part about that bingo is when you fill in every square you get to shout "STAR CITIZEN".

ShredsYouSay
Sep 22, 2011

How's his widow holding up?

stupid catte that is not how you do a soul patch

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

cute as f

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

ShredsYouSay posted:

stupid catte that is not how you do a soul patch

When a short-sighted friend of mine came round he though the cat had it's mouth open at all times ha ha

G0RF
Mar 19, 2015

Some galactic defender you are, Space Cadet.
Here's one of thousands of cringy moments in Star Citizen history while you all wait to be dazzled.

(sorry if it pops an ad. how sad that the biggest crowdfunded in history has to resort to the crap...)

A Neurotic Jew
Feb 17, 2012

by exmarx

omg :3::3::3:

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
my cat was really needy this morning

she always is when im leaving for work

its like, gently caress you i come home from work and you decide to go sleep, but when im leaving you want me to stay

and if i stayed she'd go sleep somewhere

drat cat

thatguy
Feb 5, 2003

thatguy posted:

If Derek doesn't release his blog in the next 30 minutes I demand that his gang tag be removed.
Lock the thread, ban Derek, remove the gang tag, let Bootcha make the new thread.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

G0RF posted:

Here's one of thousands of cringy moments in Star Citizen history while you all wait to be dazzled.

(sorry if it pops an ad. how sad that the biggest crowdfunded in history has to resort to the crap...)

is this where they sing happy birthday to star citizen

thats my favorite thing they've ever done

a whole buncha crows
May 8, 2003

WHEN WE DON'T KNOW WHO TO HATE, WE HATE OURSELVES.-SA USER NATION (AKA ME!)

G0RF posted:

swinging and consecutively missing... i get it

Libluini
May 18, 2012

I gravitated towards the Greens, eventually even joining the party itself.

The Linke is a party I grudgingly accept exists, but I've learned enough about DDR-history I can't bring myself to trust a party that was once the SED, a party leading the corrupt state apparatus ...
Grimey Drawer

Eonwe posted:

my cat was really needy this morning

she always is when im leaving for work

its like, gently caress you i come home from work and you decide to go sleep, but when im leaving you want me to stay

and if i stayed she'd go sleep somewhere

drat cat

At least your cat isn't walking across your keyboard if you want to work. And if you shove her off, she sits down on my desk and looks at me with this accusing stare

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

Snazzy Frocks posted:

Derek Smart for every hour you hold off on releasing your blog someone is out there pledging dollars to SC. Please for the love of god save those dollars from the clutches of Croberts!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OigFnuXL1NI

curse of flubber
Mar 12, 2007
I CAN'T HELP BUT DERAIL THREADS WITH MY VERY PRESENCE

I ALSO HAVE A CLOUD OF DEDICATED IDIOTS FOLLOWING ME SHITTING UP EVERY THREAD I POST IN

IGNORE ME AND ANY DINOSAUR THAT FIGHTS WITH ME BECAUSE WE JUST CAN'T SHUT UP
They've apparently refunded me my $30 USD but it'll take about a week for it to appear. Success?

G0RF
Mar 19, 2015

Some galactic defender you are, Space Cadet.

Eonwe posted:

is this where they sing happy birthday to star citizen

thats my favorite thing they've ever done

There was the Sandi lightsaber piñata bit before "Sandi Goes to Flight School".

G0RF fucked around with this message at 10:13 on Jul 20, 2016

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

AP posted:

It's one of the old Conan movies, and appears to be anti-Derek Star Citizen propaganda. I could explain how badly done it is but as you can't view it, I think you already got the point.
I unironically enjoyed it because against all odds they've cast themselves as the ignorant meathead who loses all of what little he has in pursuit of petty revenge on a powerful and charismatic sorcerer that has no idea who he is.

That and the fact they couldn't be bothered taking out the original dialogue, providing me a good excuse to watch James Earl Jones loving crush it.

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos
Happy Catmas :3:

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

peter gabriel posted:

Happy Catmas :3:

oh gosh :3:

Berious
Nov 13, 2005
That's a good catte

Also can I at least get a jpeg of a blog to help me fantasize and theorycraft about my perfect idea of a blog while we wait?

a whole buncha crows
May 8, 2003

WHEN WE DON'T KNOW WHO TO HATE, WE HATE OURSELVES.-SA USER NATION (AKA ME!)
Derek...

Tank Boy Ken
Aug 24, 2012
J4G for life
Fallen Rib

Berious posted:

That's a good catte

Also can I at least get a jpeg of a blog to help me fantasize and theorycraft about my perfect idea of a blog while we wait?

Here:

please donate :10bux: to Lowtax :P

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

DerekSmartDerekSmartDerekSmart

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

Lord_NeckBeard
Oct 26, 2015

Nation posted:

Derek...

God damnit Derek. Stop dereking around and Derek your drat blog!

ShredsYouSay
Sep 22, 2011

How's his widow holding up?
Guy's they've released the PTU beta now. It's actually quite impressive

Btw Pete, don't tell me you've put up your christmas tree on the 3rd of november..

The Saddest Robot
Apr 17, 2007
Derek pls

The Saddest Robot
Apr 17, 2007
Derek I need this

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos
DEREK

Xaerael
Aug 25, 2010

Marching Powder is objectively the worst poster known. He also needs to learn how a keyboard works.

I figured since people were posting jpegs of their cats, I'd post a jpeg of my jpeg cats.

This is Patches, Socks, Bandit and Pickles hanging out on and around their cat metropolis. Cat Metropolis only cost me 50 golden fish, so it was a pretty good bargain since it can keep multiple cats entertained!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless
Derek Smart is a worse cocktease than The Walking Dead writers.

• Locked thread