Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Decrepus
May 21, 2008

In the end, his dominion did not touch a single poster.

We can't show you the drink mixing minigame because it is vital to the Squadron 42 storyline.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr.Tophat
Apr 7, 2007

You clearly don't understand joke development :justpost:

Proof that to beat the system, you have to quote the system. Fine fine work right there.

Koil
Jun 24, 2005

two weeks

It is all thanks to your hard work!

smellmycheese
Feb 1, 2016

SomethingJones posted:

"A formula such as 1-1-4-8 would indicate that two parts beverage 1, one part beverage 4, and one part beverage 8 are required. The quality of the drink – displayed on the MixMaster – is determined by how accurately the portions were allocated. If the player isn’t happy with the quality of the drink they can simply press a key to discard it and start anew, but ships carry a limited supply of beverages so this tactic should be used sparingly."

I have to turn my computer off now and go outside, this is the dumbest loving thing I have read on the internet. What, is everyone 12 now who is buying this game for thousands of dollahs?

You missed the bit where they mention raising your score by using magical space Vodkas from far off planetary moons. This poo poo is so unhinged it makes Scientology look tame.

Galarox
Sep 23, 2015

Fun Shoe

SomethingJones posted:

From 10 for the Chairman: Episode 77
Feb 29, 2016 @ 02:29

Q: What type of work is being done to increase the server population capacity? Should we expect to see 24 or 32 player instances in the near future?

A: The answer to that is ABSOLUTELY, I think, ah, if you've been watching some of the chatter on the recent, ah, PTU RELEASES, and, ah, you know, what's gonna be in 2.2... eh, it is, ah, gonna be 24 players, so we've been working, ah, ah, HARD on sort of optimizing areas so we can sort of scale more, I think I've mentioned before that the, you know, the biggest issue that we have is uhm, uh, just the overhead that the ships have because they're very complicated, they have multiple... items that have all this functionality, they need to talk to each other over the network... they're attached to SHIPS, a ship isn't just one entity you know, in the case of a HORNET it can be fifty or sixty, in the case of a BIGGER ship it's a lot more than... fifty or sixty, so they're very heavy, ah, sort of PROCESSING WISE and the SERVER in terms of just SIMULATION and also in... in network, um, sort of TRAFFIC... So, in general, that's, em, you know, more the limiting... FACTOR which... we've been WORKING ON, so we're... we're REFACTORING a lot of things to... make it much more, ah, SMART about when it has to UPDATE, ah, and all the other things and that sort of ties into the work that we've done in the past on the ZONE SYSTEM, we're doing sort of a, uh, whatever you wanna call it, a NETWORK LOD and an UPDATE LOD that sort of scopes depending on, you know, whether you can SEE THINGS, how FAR AWAY they are, whether they are ACTIVE, whether it's another PLAYER, whether it's relevant to YOU and... so hopefully all that stuff em, you know, helps... increase the load that we can do and we're doing things like we're... we're... you know, pushing more and more into MULTIPLE CORES, more... MULTI-THREADING to, you know, be able to do more... you know... PHYSICS PROCESSING at the same time as we're doing more sort of entity updating and simulation. So ehm you know, part of the benef... part of the result of that is moving to more players in, eh, CRUSADER, we'll continue and we're expecting to continue to sort of push that over time, eh, to get more and more and uh, you know we're actually working on... some ah, BACK END SERVER MESH TECH uhm, that will allow us to ah, sort of MESH A LOT MORE... players all in essentially what will be kind of sort of the same, ah, INSTANCE, uhm so but that's sort of ah, you know a LITTLE further along, but, eh, it's ahh... yeah, I think EXCITING so I think we'll be able to DELIVER probably more players than we were thinking originally... in concurrent areas... ah... so... when I think, actually there's a question about that so... I maybe talk a bit more about it then...

Posting from the past, but I would like to request that you, SomethingJones, have a look at one of the very early 10FTC. I would be interested to see if he was word-salading um, em, eh - back in the early days of the project. Say one of the first 10 10FTC? It would be interesting if he was more lucid then, and even more interesting if he has always been this incomprehensible.

At least that's what I "think"

edit: D1E already requested this so you may have done it... if so disregard as I will work my way through the thread to the relevant post

Galarox fucked around with this message at 18:55 on Mar 10, 2016

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

SomethingJones posted:

"A formula such as 1-1-4-8 would indicate that two parts beverage 1, one part beverage 4, and one part beverage 8 are required. The quality of the drink – displayed on the MixMaster – is determined by how accurately the portions were allocated. If the player isn’t happy with the quality of the drink they can simply press a key to discard it and start anew, but ships carry a limited supply of beverages so this tactic should be used sparingly."

I have to turn my computer off now and go outside, this is the dumbest loving thing I have read on the internet. What, is everyone 12 now who is buying this game for thousands of dollahs?

You have to take into account the mood, personality, and wealth of your customer in order to make their drinks, that's why you have to manually operate your mixer in the year 2900. For example, lets say that a well-off Nixian traveling in space-business class is annoyed because there are two children crying behind him, so he orders a rum & coke (he's feeling particularly daring today!). Now, will you use your limited stock of space-mexico cola to make the drink or just use regular space-high fructose corn syrup cola? A machine cannot make that kind of decisions!

fatal oopsie-daisy
Jul 30, 2007

by R. Guyovich
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-EFyBWMViKw

Real question, is that a woman or a MtoF trans?

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

trucutru posted:

You have to take into account the mood, personality, and wealth of your customer in order to make their drinks, that's why you have to manually operate your mixer in the year 2900. For example, lets say that a well-off Nixian traveling in space-business class is annoyed because there are two children crying behind him, so he orders a rum & coke (he's feeling particularly daring today!). Now, will you use your limited stock of space-mexico cola to make the drink or just use regular space-high fructose corn syrup cola? A machine cannot make that kind of decisions!

can i piss in the glass

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

AHH FUGH posted:

She's in transition

Berious
Nov 13, 2005

Chalks posted:

"Over a month"

That's more than two two weeks! :eyepop:

Mr.Tophat
Apr 7, 2007

AHH FUGH posted:

Who gives a gently caress.

SirPhoebos
Dec 10, 2007

WELL THAT JUST HAPPENED!

While searching for stuff to make SomethingJones AV as filidetious as possible, I came across the latest incarnation of Ming the Merciless:

Did Syfy Channel make Chris-R their set designer or something? :negative:

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

AHH FUGH posted:

the latter

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Tijuana Bibliophile posted:

can i piss in the glass

This game does include such fidelicious features, yes!

Just like there is a system to simulate how the oxygen is distributed across your character's body while breathing, the stuff you eat and drink will affect the final quality of the piss.

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

Shouldn't that be Sming?

my girlfriend is Legos
Apr 24, 2013

Sushi in Yiddish posted:

This is a screen cap from the Brady Bunch Reboot

Actually, it's an alignment chart

Nov 3, 2015

Give me all your crackers

Mr.Tophat posted:

Who gives a gently caress.

Madcosby
Mar 4, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
high horse open-mindedness doesnt really work when someone just asks a question

but dont worry, we know how #woke yall are

D1E
Nov 25, 2001

EightAce: when are they going to announce that Sean Tracy is leaving?

And does CIG still employ the private detective agency?

And have they cut down on free snacks or anything recently like that to make you think they're trying to save money?

And do you think Chris Roberts is genuinely autistic?

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Sometimes it's not the bomb that's retarded.

trucutru posted:

This game does include such fidelicious features, yes!

Just like there is a system to simulate how the oxygen is distributed across your character's body while breathing, the stuff you eat and drink will affect the final quality of the piss.
Legendary Piss +3 of Smelling will be a prized commodity in reverse.

D1E posted:

Why would anything about Chris be genuine?

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

SelenicMartian posted:

Why would anything about Chris be genuine?

If it's something that can be bought with backer money, like a limited edition 911, it's probably genuine.

orcinus
Feb 25, 2016

Fun Shoe

D1E posted:

Chris Roberts is in true alpha.

LuiCypher
Apr 24, 2010

Today I'm... amped up!

Tijuana Bibliophile posted:

can i piss in the glass

what do you think this is - space station 13? its so fidelitous the glass is already made of piss

Sunswipe
Feb 5, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

SirPhoebos posted:

While searching for stuff to make SomethingJones AV as filidetious as possible, I came across the latest incarnation of Ming the Merciless:

I remember face-palming pretty hard when I read a feature on it where the costume designer was so proud that they'd made the soldiers' outfits out of airsoft armour. Because a fantasy sci-fi show should look like people going airsofting. I think that show may have been made by Ming's brother, Mong.

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

SirPhoebos posted:

Star-Lord?

Tank Boy Ken
Aug 24, 2012
J4G for life
Fallen Rib
One thing to keep in mind about the first 10ftC: At first they provided pre-written answers for Mr. Robberts. It's just that he choose to answer them "live", which happened sometime. At least if I remember correctly.

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

G0RF
Mar 19, 2015

Some galactic defender you are, Space Cadet.

Galarox posted:

Posting from the past, but I would like to request that you, SomethingJones, have a look at one of the very early 10FTC. I would be interested to see if he was word-salading um, em, eh - back in the early days of the project. Say one of the first 10 10FTC? It would be interesting if he was more lucid then, and even more interesting if he has always been this incomprehensible.

At least that's what I "think"

edit: D1E already requested this so you may have done it... if so disregard as I will work my way through the thread to the relevant post
If you're that far back you should soon come to my reply to D1E about Roberts' rambly/mumbly tendencies. They predate Star Citizen by more than a decade-- a fact Sandi remarked upon when describing her earliest encounters with him in 2003.

I think 10ftC is an especially unforgiving format for a rambler predisposed to compulsive tangent chasing. He feels compelled to offer 1000 words where 20 would suffice. The backers assume the verbosity means "wow they've really given a LOT of thought to this!" when it more likely is either Chris putting up a smokescreen or actually increasing the scope of the project in real time.

As an aside, it would be funny to have a little "engineering debt" counter imposed over each 10ftC video-- and each time he does that, it adds $500k+ and 3 more months to the ETA for the feature complete game. At this point the counter would need to start at $150M and a delivery date in 2022...

D1E
Nov 25, 2001

Oh also: how many hows per week do you think the average developer/artist at CIG works?

Do you get free massages and laundry service like Google employees?

Does anyone sleep under their desk at night or live in the office?

G0RF
Mar 19, 2015

Some galactic defender you are, Space Cadet.

:five:

Absolute GOLD!

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

orcinus posted:

Someone hide this fromshow this to Croberts:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e7ANl6qHmgE

Well now we know why Star Marine was canceled.

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Sometimes it's not the bomb that's retarded.

Could somebody lift WC4 footage and find some amusing scenes for the thread? I remember there were some bio weapons. And a big platter starring as the scariest bomb. And space nazis. And an on-foot gunfight.

Ravane
Oct 23, 2010

by LadyAmbien

Atreiden posted:

It's one of the minigames you can play if you fly or crew a passanger transport spaceship. So learn to mix a perfect Hairy Roberts

https://robertsspaceindustries.com/comm-link/transmission/14804-Design-Civilian-Passenger-Transport

I'm doing my PhD in mixology, all for the release of this game.

Nicholas
Mar 7, 2001

Were those not fine days, when we drank of clear honey, and spoke in calm tones of our love for the stuff?
I was playing the Division earlier and the ladder climbing animation was so good I donated $2000 to Ubisoft gently caress you derek smart

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

The division has fantastic animations, someone should do a video side by side of it and SC for laughs.

D1E
Nov 25, 2001

Nicholas posted:

I was playing the Division earlier and the ladder climbing animation was so good I donated $2000 to Ubisoft gently caress you derek smart

True story: I bought The Division and tried to play it on launch night. You have to "activate" your agent by typing on a laptop or some crap at this safe house in Brooklyn. There was a problem with the servers or the Internet or maybe they hired some former CIG devs or whatever and it wasn't working.

So everyone queued up in a line towards the desk and out the door into the hallway.

Like it was the loving DMV.

I have never seen a more realistic simulation in my entire life. People were trying to cut into the line, and some nerds were trying to be traffic cops and enforce order and discipline. People were type yelling to "wait in line rear end in a top hat!" and so on.

10/10 Game of the Year.

I haven't played it since.

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

That thread is an absolute loving Gold mine of hilarity. Also, someone needs to remind Ben that the feature is over here ---> https://robertsspaceindustries.com/funding-goals

SirPhoebos
Dec 10, 2007

WELL THAT JUST HAPPENED!

Ag Bengip posted:

Actually, it's an alignment chart

Then why isn't Landrig in the right-of-center square :v:

Mick Jaggoff
Sep 11, 2012

excellent :five:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr.Tophat
Apr 7, 2007

D1E posted:

So everyone queued up in a line towards the desk and out the door into the hallway.

Can you kill those people in line, or drop a grenade or something? If so, I am buying it.

• Locked thread