Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
grimcreaper
Jan 7, 2012

D_Smart posted:

Yes. I called that one (staged demos) awhile back too.

http://www.dereksmart.org/2015/08/interstellar-breach/#comment-1800

Out of curiosity, has Croberts responded to your new blog yet?

Also, thank you for all the work your doing. Your doing a drat good job helping people to realize how bad of a scam the whole thing actually is. You saved a couple of my friends a few hundred each (after refunds). If it werent for the threads here on SA, i may have JPEGed myself as well. Thankfully it never came to that. I remain, to this day, JPEG free.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Trundel
Mar 13, 2005

:10bux: + :awesomelon: = :roboluv:
- a sound investment!

redwalrus posted:

my trained eye just caught this, them stairs be flexin
I used 200lbs per person but honestly taking a second look at some of the people its probably a higher average.

In the states can you take out medical insurance on your employees to get paid out if 20+ of them are injured in a tragic photo op?

Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

redwalrus posted:

I used 200lbs per person but honestly taking a second look at some of the people its probably a higher average.

I was going to make a :lesnick: joke, but he's farther down the stairs. So, it looks like the bow in those stairs is likely being caused by Chris Roberts' massive ego.

a whole buncha crows
May 8, 2003

WHEN WE DON'T KNOW WHO TO HATE, WE HATE OURSELVES.-SA USER NATION (AKA ME!)

laughing forever

grimcreaper
Jan 7, 2012

Reddit has hated the goons for a long time...

https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen/comments/26nogq/if_the_dfm_is_delayed_blame_the_goons/

Goons ruin EVERYTHING. God drat.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

The Saddest Robot posted:

No. I just wasn't expecting them to start reusing promo pieces from 1+ years ago as new content, then to admit to it.

Yeah the part where Jared admitted it was rather surprising.

grimcreaper
Jan 7, 2012

"Goons seem to be a particularly resilient breed of troll though. Sometimes they don't even need to get a reaction out of you. It's enough just to know that you can't possibly be having fun right now."

Toops
Nov 5, 2015

-find mood stabilizers
-also,

redwalrus posted:

The fact that the stairs didn't collapse is proof there is no God.

redwalrus
Jul 27, 2013

:stoke:

Nicholas posted:

That "Sneak Peak" escape pod video (released yesterday) is actually recycled footage from like, a year ago

Someone points this out and then an hour later disco lando shows up to say "btw that's actually from last december. also nothing like this actually exists in the game" (the term game here is used loosely)

https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen/comments/3ro59m/atv2_05_sneakpeek_retailator_escape_pod_recovery/

is this real life? :psyduck:

Lord_NeckBeard
Oct 26, 2015

D_Smart posted:

Remember when I broke the news that Sandi was shooting pet movie projects on RSI equipment, paid for with RSI cash? Think bigger.

Yes - this is the end-game playing out. Think is, this build out has been going on all year - and long before some guy named Derek Smart became a PR nightmare for them in July 2015.

I'm going to say it again, they're done. Completely.

I hope you recover legal bills out of all this, Dr. Smart.

Holy poo poo.

This dumb, mushmouth motherfucker is a minor hollywood producer and the only tail he can get a ring on is his loving intern at this low level production company he's a partner in. A hollywood 4, who apparently has emotional problems. After loving up his movie career, he lucks into a hundred million dollars and uses spacegame dreams and dollars to try to set up a motion capture business and also jumpstart his crazy, not that hot, not that talented over 40 year old wanna be actress's career?

This guy has broken his brain on cocaine. He probably did it in 2006, when he hosed up his movie career.

If this is an LA based mo cap studio that is going to make movie quality performances, I'm thinking it'll take a lot more than the $20 million I've seen thrown around for it. I'm thinking all the companies were used as a way to move assets around to get loans and then spend that on the LA movie operation.

I think the judge will pretty early see that the finances are weird and predispose them to be critical of the project management. This is the time actual auditors come into play. An independent forensic accounting team will be called for. Dr Smart is offering to pay.

The banks hoodwinked into lending to these many different companies will be paying attention to this and demand access to the books.

Dealing with angry creditors will do them in. A bank can call a loan in. All the banks can call their loans in. Credit crunch, mass layoffs, and Chris Roberts is going to jail. Or suicide.

Lord_NeckBeard fucked around with this message at 06:59 on Nov 6, 2015

jaegerx
Sep 10, 2012

Maybe this post will get me on your ignore list!

grimcreaper posted:

"Goons seem to be a particularly resilient breed of troll though. Sometimes they don't even need to get a reaction out of you. It's enough just to know that you can't possibly be having fun right now."

Pretty sure we are the only ones having fun right now.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Justin Tyme posted:

lmao gently caress

Remember the AC 2.0 demo they previewed? Remember at the end the ooh-aah moment with all the markers of interest on the HUD floating in space? Why couldn't they do a preview of one of those dozens of area of interest? Oh, I know why, because those areas only exist as fake blips on the HUD, they have no game, the only have what they prepare for demonstrations.

it's duke nukem forever all over again: now with crowdfunded money instead of their own

Dusty Lens
Jul 1, 2015

All Glory unto the Stimpire. Give up your arms and legs and embrace the beautiful agony of electricity that doubles in pain every second.

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

If it was anyone else at CIG I would think it was an intentional admission.

Kegslayer
Jul 23, 2007

Lord_NeckBeard posted:

Holy poo poo.

This dumb, mushmouth motherfucker is a minor hollywood producer and the only tail he can get a ring on is his loving intern at this low level production company he's a partner in. A hollywood 4, who apparently has emotional problems. After loving up his movie career, he lucks into a hundred million dollars and uses spacegame dreams and dollars to try to set up a motion capture business and also jumpstart his crazy, not that hot, not that talented over 40 year old wanna be actress's career?

This guy has broken his brain on cocaine. He probably did it in 2006, when he hosed up his movie career.

If this is an LA based mo cap studio that is going to make movie quality performances, I'm thinking it'll take a lot more than the $20 million I've seen thrown around for it. I'm thinking all the companies were used as a way to move assets around to get loans and then spend that on the LA movie operation.

I think the judge will pretty early see that the finances are weird and predispose them to be critical of the project management. This is the time actual auditors come into play. An independent forensic accounting team will be called for. Dr Smart is offering to pay.

The banks hoodwinked into lending to these many different companies will be paying attention to this and demand access to the books.

Dealing with angry creditors will do them in. A bank can call a loan in. All the banks can call their loans in. Credit crunch, mass layoffs, and Chris Roberts is going to jail. Or suicide.

Show me on this picture of a spaceship where the bad man stole your money.

grimcreaper
Jan 7, 2012

jaegerx posted:

Pretty sure we are the only ones having fun right now.

This is why i like the goons. We have fun all the time.

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot
except for the true believer goons that we were quoting from an old SC thread

Raskolnikov
Nov 25, 2003

I wish I had a real time graph of how many people are playing Arena Commander at any given time. I imagine it looks something like this: http://steamcharts.com/app/37000

edit: I unironically love the void and it is a good game if you like buggy Russian games that like to take a poo poo on you.

Romes128
Dec 28, 2008

Fun Shoe
It's be mean if we were loving with Frontier who made a good game and is generally pretty interactive with fans

But this is star citizen where the entire production it has been dry butt hosed by Chris roberts and left in the sun to leather while he skips away with piles of cash up his butt and skeletor in tow

They deserving it for preying on literally handicapped people and retards who could even now still continue to give them money after 4 years of getting nothing in return

My hate boner for cig is reaching critical mass

Thank you derek smart

Lord_NeckBeard
Oct 26, 2015

Kegslayer posted:

Show me on this picture of a spaceship where the bad man stole your money.

None I was waiting until actual modules were getting made to make agaming pc

Romes128
Dec 28, 2008

Fun Shoe

Raskolnikov posted:

I wish I had a real time graph of how many people are playing Arena Commander at any given time. I imagine it looks something like this: http://steamcharts.com/app/37000

edit: I unironically love the void and it is a good game if you like buggy Russian games that like to take a poo poo on you.

I'm the 1 guy playing right now

Romes128
Dec 28, 2008

Fun Shoe

Lord_NeckBeard posted:

Holy poo poo.

Same

grimcreaper
Jan 7, 2012

Romes128 posted:

It's be mean if we were loving with Frontier who made a good game and is generally pretty interactive with fans

But this is star citizen where the entire production it has been dry butt hosed by Chris roberts and left in the sun to leather while he skips away with piles of cash up his butt and skeletor in tow

They deserving it for preying on literally handicapped people and retards who could even now still continue to give them money after 4 years of getting nothing in return

My hate boner for cig is reaching critical mass

Thank you derek smart

You should... send pics of that hate boner to Derek. He needs more pics to fuel the fire.

Raskolnikov
Nov 25, 2003

Romes128 posted:

I'm the 1 guy playing right now

Really? Which sister anime is your favorite? :shobon:

Romes128
Dec 28, 2008

Fun Shoe

Raskolnikov posted:

Really? Which sister anime is your favorite? :shobon:

UHHHHH

Uhhhhhhh

I didn't expect anyone to respond to my shitpost

Im sorry I lied.

Sushi in Yiddish
Feb 2, 2008

FrankieGoes posted:

Croberts builds mocap studio for game he was funded to create.

Game that croberts built mocap studio for goes tits up and dies on the vine.

Croberts still has mocap studio.

Croberts makes money off mocap studio.

I love that this is all the Mark Kern "we're building a state of the art studio to produce Firefall related videos and rent out our studio" fiasco with a bunch of extra zeroes added on.

G0RF
Mar 19, 2015

Some galactic defender you are, Space Cadet.

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Beer--

Could we crowdfund a new custom brew from you-- maybe called "Bitter Tears" or some crap. I would pay good money to have a six bottles of that on hand for the day this finally implodes. I have a couple of friends who are going to need some-- and the higher the ABV, the better.

(I'm 100% serious- and would pledge decent money to that endeavor if you could find it in your heart to concoct it.)

Pogue Ma Hoon
Oct 17, 2013

I like a nice pair of slacks.

jaegerx posted:

Kewpuh is probably asking lowtax for a raise with all the posters joining just to poo poo on star citizen.

Kewpuh gets paid?

Raskolnikov
Nov 25, 2003

Romes128 posted:

UHHHHH

Uhhhhhhh

I didn't expect anyone to respond to my shitpost

Im sorry I lied.
It's okay, thank you for taking part in my thread based co-operative shitposting performance. And now a classic about software development if you're Chris Roberts.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EvMwCvbHHUY

The butter is backer funds and the lady is CIG/Roberts loving it all up.

Raskolnikov fucked around with this message at 07:25 on Nov 6, 2015

Dapper Dan
Dec 16, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 3 years!

Raskolnikov posted:

I played it before the easy patch. That game was loving brutal.

Sushi in Yiddish posted:

I love that this is all the Mark Kern "we're building a state of the art studio to produce Firefall related videos and rent out our studio" fiasco with a bunch of extra zeroes added on.

Like, if you can't see how a crowdfunded studio went to get 4 mocap studios in the course of two loving years for a game where you will primarily be sitting in your space ship, I don't know if there is any loving hope for you.

Also you like 10 hours of cutscenes, which beats out Hideo Kojima's longest game by two hours. poo poo just keeps getting worse and worse, and if you are too loving stupid to see what is going on I have absolutely no sympathy for you. At this point if you know all this and are still in it for any amount of money, you pretty much deserve what you get.

jaegerx
Sep 10, 2012

Pogue Ma Hoon posted:

Kewpuh gets paid?

I assume he gets a percentage of the reregs. Seraph84 is probably paying his electricity at this point.

JoeBangles
Mar 23, 2005

Parlez-vous grenouille ?

redwalrus posted:

is this real life? :psyduck:

No, it's reddit where auditors gather to share their finding in detecting fraud.

A Neurotic Jew
Feb 17, 2012

by exmarx
Ever since CitizenCon ended, either Ben or Jared have been consistently trying to downplay peoples expectations for the game instead of irresponsibly inflating them. They would always have to downplay certain things like release dates, the cutlass, etc. but now it seems like a more generalized tempering. It really does feel like we are approaching the end game.

Pogue Ma Hoon
Oct 17, 2013

Raskolnikov posted:

It's okay, thank you for taking part in my thread based co-operative thread shitposting performance. And now a classic about software development if you're Chris Roberts.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EvMwCvbHHUY

The butter is backer funds and the lady is CIG loving it all up.

An interesting interpretation. Here's mine:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rBTSCp5VT2Q

In which the balloons are backer funds, the disturbing old man is CIG destroying them and his jiggling man boobs the stuff of nightmares.

grimcreaper
Jan 7, 2012

G0RF posted:

Beer--

Could we crowdfund a new custom brew from you-- maybe called "Bitter Tears" or some crap. I would pay good money to have a six bottles of that on hand for the day this finally implodes. I have a couple of friends who are going to need some-- and the higher the ABV, the better.

(I'm 100% serious- and would pledge decent money to that endeavor if you could find it in your heart to concoct it.)

Id put money on that as well if it happened. Seriously.

jaegerx
Sep 10, 2012

So star citizen is never coming out?

Pogue Ma Hoon
Oct 17, 2013

jaegerx posted:

I assume he gets a percentage of the reregs. Seraph84 is probably paying his electricity at this point.

I'd rather he pay Kewpuh's electric bills then using the money for cruising elementary schools.

Good Dumplings
Mar 30, 2011

Excuse my worthless shitposting because all I can ever hope to accomplish in life is to rot away the braincells of strangers on the internet with my irredeemable brainworms.
Jesus, it's like the little rumble you feel right before an earthquake knocks everything over. They're not even trying to hide what they're doing anymore; do they seriously want Hollywood that bad? They already have a bad rep there, who would work with them?

Solomonic
Jan 3, 2008

INCIPIT SANTA
The Void owns and now we need a photoshop of Brother Triumphator going :gary: PAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRP

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Agrajag posted:

crowd funding is like the wild west right now and the recipients are making out like [insert whatever the saying is]
Making out like Roberts.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Raticus79
Oct 21, 2015

Raskolnikov posted:

This person tracked it via leaderboard update times for a while:
https://forums.robertsspaceindustries.com/discussion/260416/graph-arena-commander-player-participation-8-22-update
Check the "players per day" rows in the right column. About 400 to 1000 per day overall (3 months ago).

• Locked thread