Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to fool them all
One Ring to find them
One Ring to milk them all
and pockets fully line them
Grimey Drawer

Agrajag posted:

who the gently caress is warcrimes

Imagine a dim Octopode on a caffeine high, he used to post in the Star Citizen threads a lot and would freak the gently caress out at any criticism, post something stupid and then if anyone replied to him he'd say "nice meltdown". He was funny in a really stupid way and I miss him.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chalks
Sep 30, 2009

AP posted:

Warcrimes seems pissed.

In amongst the mentally ill SC backers there are still some people who just genuinely believe SC is going to be a real game. Before the house of cards comes tumbling down, those people will realise what's happening and start to make a fuss.

Jethro_E7
Dec 11, 2014
Oldtime goon. Outspoken. Banned from RSI in the early days from memory. Sold all his ships for him a long time ago. One of the first to see through the shenanigans and PR.

Jethro_E7 fucked around with this message at 10:16 on Nov 6, 2015

Amun Khonsu
Sep 15, 2012

wtf did he just say?
Grimey Drawer

AP posted:

Warcrimes seems pissed.

Maybe there still is hope for some of them.

Kakarot
Jul 20, 2013

by zen death robot
Buglord

Agrajag posted:

who the gently caress is warcrimes

nice meltdown

Io_
Oct 15, 2012

woo woo

Pillbug

The Kins posted:

I read a making-of about that game a few years ago. If I remember it correctly, it was a small, inexperienced team behind it... but one of them knew 3D Studio MAX and the publisher decided to basically pin vast amounts of marketing expense upon it purely for that reason.

That was also a nice "lessons learnt" for kid me regarding the gaming press. So many articles in magazines hyping that game up as The Game Which Will Redefine The Industry.

Coincidentally Start Citizen will also redefine the industry and has a bunch of people who are good with 3DS Max.

Berious
Nov 13, 2005

Toops posted:

Get ready to poo poo yourself.

https://forums.robertsspaceindustries.com/discussion/18305/motion-capture-tech

Hey guys, sounds totally normal and legit, right?

Guys, 10 hours of loving cutscenes is not enough. Do you not remember citcon? Bigger script = better

Amun Khonsu
Sep 15, 2012

wtf did he just say?
Grimey Drawer

Berious posted:

Guys, 10 hours of loving cutscenes is not enough. Do you not remember citcon? Bigger script = better

Maybe we will get a mocapped version of Sandis speech... yay

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry
Chris don't give up too easily and follow every urge
Loose your wallet and please continue to splurge
Star Citizen; it might be what you got so won't you give it a shot?

So you start off with a name and you know it won't be lame
The fans keep on demanding and you ain't got a game
Your boss is coming down on you and you can't pay the team and then
Back into crowdfunding again

Star Citizen has got you beaten, battered, cruised
You have an alpha, now it's two
Chris Roberts, he took you down a notch - so won't you give it a shot?

You're always under pressure, it's harder to QA when
You wake up and you realize that you still don't have a game
You can't go back to work and now you know just who to blame, ain't it a shame
Derek's causing trouble again

Chris Roberts, I know you tried to cut him loose
But Derek is still a part of you
Think you lost him but it ain't exactly showing
Got you by the blog and now there ain't no way of knowing
Pretend you can't get sued but you know just where it's going
Derek has got you standing on the brink

And now you get no work done and you don't have a buck
You show up to the office and you don't give a gently caress
Your inverstor's coming down on you and you can't pay the rent and then
Push back the release again

:gary: PAAAAAAAAAARP

janssendalt
May 7, 2015
every day I come in here and post about the scam
every day I keep coming back
I write about the everything and the everyone
about the fat, the bitch and the crazy

every day I hope something happens
sitting here, wanting excitement
with fierce resolution
smelling my own farts

I campaign against the evil, the unjust and the uppsala mafia
I confront the reality of their illusionist act

my own failures and problems teach me to be
a champion of truth and sincerity
a spy, a lawyer, an accountant, a doctor,
a goon knight

it dont matter
Aug 29, 2008

quote:

This IS the fiscally responsible set-up that we should hope they make, I can't understand what it is that you're upset about.

Reddit diving right in with the common sense opinions as usual.

ideate posted:

The sweatshirts were from china, and were all 'womens' - Zipper on the other side.

As close as a typical Star Citizen backer will get to a woman without a restraining order being involved.

Xaerael
Aug 25, 2010

Marching Powder is objectively the worst poster known. He also needs to learn how a keyboard works.

redwalrus posted:

my trained eye just caught this, them stairs be flexin
I used 200lbs per person but honestly taking a second look at some of the people its probably a higher average.

Actually, it's probably just distortion from the camera lens. Sorry to kill your fun. (unlike redditors who claim to be whatever is convenient at the time, I have degrees in both optics and photography, and the optics one had a minor specialization in distortions and aberrations.)

it dont matter
Aug 29, 2008

quote:

quote:

Do you think maybe you could start showing us some clips that are in the game and less than a year old? Or, release the game? That would also be acceptable.

Why are you so angry at this game? I realize everything isn't always all bleeding edge, and there are occasional missteps, but everything you say about the game is just angry and mean, like you don't like it or the devs at all.

I mean, I'm a pretty far cry from a white knight and have been dos voted more than once on my opinion of some features, etc. of the game, but you're coming off legitimately hateful.

Maybe I'm just reading it wrong and you've been having a really bad day/month/year or something, I dunno. Whatever it is, I hope you find the thing to make you happy.

From the thread discussing that escape pod video.

Asking to see some actual new footage of the game that's taken $94m and four years?! WHY DO YOU HATE CROBERTS SO?

CrazyLoon
Aug 10, 2015

"..."

AP posted:

Warcrimes seems pissed.

If that is him, then hahahah pushing that guy's buttons was so easy 2 years back on RSI chat and every time I see him on SA I just snigger a little.

Well, it's nice to see that some folks can have the veil lifted from them I suppose, heh.

Chalks
Sep 30, 2009

alphabettitouretti posted:

From the thread discussing that escape pod video.

Asking to see some actual new footage of the game that's taken $94m and four years?! WHY DO YOU HATE CROBERTS SO?

I'd love to know what this guy considers to be a white knight when he thinks that asking for some gameplay footage from a game is "hateful".

Amarcarts
Feb 21, 2007

This looks a lot like suffering.

Xaerael posted:

Actually, it's probably just distortion from the camera lens. Sorry to kill your fun. (unlike redditors who claim to be whatever is convenient at the time, I have degrees in both optics and photography, and the optics one had a minor specialization in distortions and aberrations.)

I'm the one skinny pretty girl front and center no wait I'm chris roberts directly behind her no wait I'm the only 2 PoC behind the lampshade or being washed out by the sun.

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Sometimes it's not the bomb that's retarded.

Xaerael posted:

Actually, it's probably just distortion from the camera lens.
Looks like it. The bottom of the railing is also distorted.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
Where is the funny video from Bootcha? Will we have to wait for two more weeks?

pioneermax
May 25, 2003
Remember, you are not a salmon
So I had never heard of this game before I got involved with a gaming community (playing another game) and two of the guys there started talking to me about this game, this star citizen which was the "last hope of pc gaming" they were evangelical about it and further discussion lead to them telling me they had spent $5000 between them on "ships". I was of course quite sceptical about this (around July time) and started looking in to it realised CR was involved shrugged my shoulders and my response was "ill buy it when it comes out".

When the last thread popped up I thought it was interesting and as these guys were both pretty decent reasonable guys I thought they might want a heads up, well since I linked them the thread and they discovered im a goon they haven't talked to me in about a month now (from daily conversations teamspeak). It seems as if there is almost cult developed amongst many backers who refuse to believe in anything bar CIG and Chris Roberts its almost Scientology like at this point and its sad to see quite reasonable people sucked into this bullshit.

I have gone from fairly uninterested in the game to actively wanting to see it crash and burn now, cults are dangerous and people like Chris Roberts and his teams ability to convince people to keep throwing thousands of dollars at the game while sojourning all common sense and reason needs to be stopped.

In short Derek Smart is not the hero we deserve but the hero we need and I for one am rooting for him all the way.

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos
Ben and Mrs Ben stood at the bottom of the stairs suggests CIG at least employ Health And Safety staff, so more outgoings at backers expense :argh:

mike12345
Jul 14, 2008

"Whether the Earth was created in 7 days, or 7 actual eras, I'm not sure we'll ever be able to answer that. It's one of the great mysteries."

Xaerael posted:

nah it's fat

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos
So, in closing, it comes as no surprise to me that we have seen as of late the appearance of these articles from corrupted journalism outlets like The Escapist and Yahoo, trying to discredit and plant a bad seed within the community. Trying to bring down the project. Who do you think funds these publications? Do you think they get their money solely from advertising? They are pens for hire my friends, willing to push the agenda of the highest bidder. All the media operates this way.

Think about it, and take these articles with a grain of salt.

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos
You don't call 94 million in funding, more then every crowd funding campaign ever COMBINED, and 1 million backers and rising a success?

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos
:lol: combined!

CrazyLoon
Aug 10, 2015

"..."

peter gabriel posted:

So, in closing, it comes as no surprise to me that we have seen as of late the appearance of these articles from corrupted journalism outlets like The Escapist and Yahoo, trying to discredit and plant a bad seed within the community. Trying to bring down the project. Who do you think funds these publications? Do you think they get their money solely from advertising? They are pens for hire my friends, willing to push the agenda of the highest bidder. All the media operates this way.

Think about it, and take these articles with a grain of salt.

I literally can't tell the difference anymore, if this is just some random cultist dipshit on the internet or an official CIG spokesperson or CR himself.

ShredsYouSay
Sep 22, 2011

How's his widow holding up?
I hope when they make the film of this scam, it's all cg done using the mo cap studio the backers funded

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches

fuzzknot posted:

Here is Finnegan in my hockey gear bag.

Do you even play hockey yo? How is that cat not dead from hockey fumes?

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

CrazyLoon posted:

I literally can't tell the difference anymore, if this is just some random cultist dipshit on the internet or an official CIG spokesperson or CR himself.

It's actually from a Hitler's speech with some words changed.

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos
corrupted journalism outlets like The Escapist and Yahoo :argh:

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches

peter gabriel posted:

corrupted journalism outlets like The Escapist and Yahoo :argh:

drat yahoo.

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos
Spends thousands backing vapour ware project where the owners vanity sees them spend millions on actors and motion capture - calls Yahoo corrupt :lol:

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

SneakyFrog posted:

drat yahoo.

yeah and gently caress Alta Vista while we are at it, drat corruption in MY video games?

Bootcha
Nov 13, 2012

Truly, the pinnacle of goaltending
Grimey Drawer

SneakyFrog posted:

Do you even play hockey yo? How is that cat not dead from hockey fumes?

Cats love hockey stink. They rub that poo poo in their fur.

And then barf in the bag.

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches

peter gabriel posted:

yeah and gently caress Alta Vista while we are at it, drat corruption in MY video games?

I prefer to hate ask jeeves myself. pompous rear end butler. Bourgeois motherfucking poo poo search engine guy

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

SneakyFrog posted:

I prefer to hate ask jeeves myself. pompous rear end butler. Bourgeois motherfucking poo poo search engine guy

It's the upper class mentality that is ruining space sims for the common man imo

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches

Bootcha posted:

Cats love hockey stink. They rub that poo poo in their fur.

And then barf in the bag.

I have a rolly bag, as i am lazy, and i dont want dogges or kittehs chewing on stick wax again. that was fun to clean up.

Dusty Lens
Jul 1, 2015

All Glory unto the Stimpire. Give up your arms and legs and embrace the beautiful agony of electricity that doubles in pain every second.

peter gabriel posted:

Ben and Mrs Ben stood at the bottom of the stairs suggests CIG at least employ Health And Safety staff, so more outgoings at backers expense :argh:

The picture was taken 5 minutes before their jaws unhinged and the stairs collapsed into a slope.

Then, the feeding.

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

Dusty Lens posted:

The picture was taken 5 minutes before their jaws unhinged and the stairs collapsed into a slope.

Then, the feeding.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7tbXhu09m5s&t=13s

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to fool them all
One Ring to find them
One Ring to milk them all
and pockets fully line them
Grimey Drawer

Even Karl's starting to wonder if his $5000+ is being wisely spent. Karl snap out of it and stop reading this thread it's making you lose faith. I'm sure your 5k is absolutely fine and being spent on a nice new metal desk for one of two coders at the new CIG LA Movie Studio.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos
If Karl is wavering then we really are in an end game scenario

• Locked thread