Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
D1E
Nov 25, 2001

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

I don't know what that means but I just realized that it would be loving perfect if it turns out that Sandi's giant [REDACTED] secret is that she's playing the Vanduul Queen.

There is absolutely NO WAY that Sandi's role is anything BUT the love interest for the protagonist (YOU, the player).

Seriously. Think about what we already know about her, and her absolute need to be in the spotlight.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xaerael
Aug 25, 2010

Marching Powder is objectively the worst poster known. He also needs to learn how a keyboard works.

D1E posted:

There is absolutely NO WAY that Sandi's role is anything BUT the love interest for the protagonist (YOU, the player).

Seriously. Think about what we already know about her, and her absolute need to be in the spotlight.

Or your boss.

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

D1E posted:

For my part, I welcome the prospect of reading dozens upon dozens of horribly creepy sex-with-sandi fanfics

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

$350 JPG Shattered Spacedream Bonanza!
Limited (not limited) Edition!
One Day Only! (we'll sell them again)

A Neurotic Jew
Feb 17, 2012

by exmarx
Gillian Anderson and Sophie Wu are going to be cut out of the script for some reason ("to follow their dreams") and Sandi will play all three roles, like an Eddie Murphy movie.

ShredsYouSay
Sep 22, 2011

How's his widow holding up?

CrazyLoon posted:

Of Bioware titles I'd say I had the most fun with Dragon Age: Origins and its expansion. It was just everything I could've hoped for, really, and also definitely broke WoW's hold over me. ME2 is close after that, though I prefer ME3's gameplay a fair bit more. Still, in terms of artistic achievement Spec Ops: The Line will probably remain tops for me in this whole category.

Otherwise, though, I'm more of a CK2 and XCOM fanatic, especially with the sequel coming out. But we can chat more about this stuffs if Ras over there decides to PM and invite you to her TS sometimes, so we can chat in private and not here since I have no PM function and feel like messing up this thread to introduce myself to you.

Does anyone still like the original Deus Ex? :corsair:

DOMDOM
Apr 28, 2007

Fun Shoe
i like how none of the citizens ever questioned why sandi the no name "actress" with no credentials and a croberts marriage that was verboten to speak of landed on the same billing as professional actors with established careers

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Derek simultaneously has nothing going on in his life and that's why he spends so much time posting about Star Citizen lol get a life Derek you jealous nerd - but also if Derek doesn't post about Star Citizen for a couple of days it's because his medication isn't balanced and he's dying for attention lol sort out your poo poo Derek you hot mess.

A Neurotic Jew
Feb 17, 2012

by exmarx
release a game, CIG.

This is a lawyer.

grimcreaper
Jan 7, 2012

DOMDOM posted:

i like how none of the citizens ever questioned why sandi the no name "actress" with no credentials and a croberts marriage that was verboten to speak of landed on the same billing as professional actors with established careers

easy. shes Croberts wife. "Obviously shes got talent if Croberts married her! Shes gotta be better than any other actress ever becuase Croberts only accepts the absolute best!" is what they think.

SirPhoebos
Dec 10, 2007

WELL THAT JUST HAPPENED!

ShredsYouSay posted:

I do (been forever since I played it).

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to fool them all
One Ring to find them
One Ring to milk them all
and pockets fully line them
Grimey Drawer
May not all be complete for the 1st version.

That's what he said almost word for word about visiting friends hangar's for the first release of the hangar in August 2013, a feature that still not appeared as yet.

AP fucked around with this message at 22:50 on Nov 16, 2015

A Neurotic Jew
Feb 17, 2012

by exmarx
have the anniversary sales lasted Two Weeks in the past like they are this year?

grimcreaper
Jan 7, 2012

ShredsYouSay posted:

I hated that game with a passion. It was awful in every way.

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to find them
Grimey Drawer

A Neurotic Jew posted:

have the anniversary sales lasted Two Weeks in the past like they are this year?

Sales have gradually been getting longer. A week used to be a week for normal concept sales, but then it was 10 days and they'd forget to turn it off for another 2 or 3.

https://robertsspaceindustries.com/comm-link/transmission/13377-Anniversary-Sale-Details

Anniversary 2013 sale was pretty long too.

Sarsapariller
Aug 14, 2015

Occasional vampire queen

One of the biggest dings against the theory of CIG being some kind of all-encompassing scam rather than just a bunch of incompetent bumblefucks with massive egos and a vague association with the concept of "Truth" is that they can't even figure out how to take money in ways that people have been demanding to give it to them for months.

https://forums.robertsspaceindustries.com/discussion/296342

They still have not got around to putting the un-melt option in their online store. It's money just lying on the table- people bought these ships, turned them into store credit, now they want to put more cash in to buy them again. The "Melt" option already exists. The ability to take money already exists. Somehow they still can't put em' together. But soon!

G0RF
Mar 19, 2015

Some galactic defender you are, Space Cadet.
1000 PLAYER BATTLES

quote:

From information that has been communicated to us, it seems like there's two very plausible ways these massive battles could happen:

NPC to PC ratio. As we have heard numerous times, the NPC to PC ratio is planned to be 9:1. If this remains true, and we can have up to 100 player units per instance, we could very realistically expect 1,000-unit battles. What I am curious to see is if this would only occur with NPC-instigated battles, or if they would join in PC-instigated battles as well.

Nested zones. We have a cap of up to 100 planned player units per instance, and we know that zones can be nested. While there may only be a max of 100 ships flying at a given time in the 'master' instance, many of these ships would likely be multi crew or capital ships, each of which would be running their own instance. Having 1,000 people involved in a massive battle like this seems pretty possible.
If either of these are possible (and it seems like one of them should be), it would make for some VERY impressive space battles. If both are possible together (for 10,000-unit battles), I unfortunately won't be partaking because I'll be in my bunk.

Edit: I'm seeing a lot of comments by people who are dismissing this because they aren't familiar with zoning tech. If you're not familiar with how zones work, before commenting be sure to watch thevideo. It's very interesting and informative, and shows how some of my described scenarios could actually be possible.
Would you be happy with 14?

G0RF
Mar 19, 2015

AP posted:

Sales have gradually been getting longer. A week used to be a week for normal concept sales, but then it was 10 days and they'd forget to turn it off for another 2 or 3.

https://robertsspaceindustries.com/comm-link/transmission/13377-Anniversary-Sale-Details

Anniversary 2013 sale was pretty long too.
Wait until you see the 2016 Anniversary Sale-- it's going to have even better ships at even cheaper prices.

It should kick off January 1st and is expected to last all year.

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to find them
Grimey Drawer

Sarsapariller posted:

One of the biggest dings against the theory of CIG being some kind of all-encompassing scam rather than just a bunch of incompetent bumblefucks with massive egos and a vague association with the concept of "Truth" is that they can't even figure out how to take money in ways that people have been demanding to give it to them for months.

https://forums.robertsspaceindustries.com/discussion/296342

They still have not got around to putting the un-melt option in their online store. It's money just lying on the table- people bought these ships, turned them into store credit, now they want to put more cash in to buy them again. The "Melt" option already exists. The ability to take money already exists. Somehow they still can't put em' together. But soon!

I've thought about that, but there is a chance that they ran the figures and believe unmelts were hurting their sales as part of their process for it was to have store credit available, I figure most people contacting support for that will be whales who'll just melt something for the store credit. So basically they might have figured they'd get more new cash via new LTI sales or the difference wasn't enough to go to all the effort of putting an unmelt system in yet.

If they do roll a new system out in December, that would probably give them a December bump, so maybe they didn't want to impact the November sale either.

AP fucked around with this message at 23:02 on Nov 16, 2015

Berious
Nov 13, 2005

Ursine Catastrophe posted:

they know their audience, all they're missing is a "m'lady" voice clip and a fedora tip

In Fallout 4 I give my security team at Sanctuary fedoras and submachine guns. I call them the m'ladies

CrazyLoon
Aug 10, 2015

"..."

ShredsYouSay posted:

Never actually played it. Just Deus Ex: HR, which I found mostly cool, but never the original. System Shock 2 though...ayup.

Though on a less known note, I miss Little Big Adventure from the mid 90s so drat much...that and the sequel were such fun things.

Octopode
Sep 2, 2009

No. I work here. I manage operations for this and integration for this, while making sure that their stuff keeps working in here.

G0RF posted:

1000 PLAYER BATTLES

This whole theory requires them to ignore Chris's explicit statements that while there may be a 9:1 ratio of NPC agents within the universe (read: economic) simulation, they have no plans to actually put anywhere near that many as physical representations in the game.

Hopper
Dec 28, 2004

BOOING! BOOING!
Grimey Drawer

Xaerael posted:

Or your boss.

Captain Sandra:
So, do you agree with the latest regulations?

Dialogue choices:
1) Court-martial me, if you must, but I won't do it. [GAME OVER]
2) I always did, after all "Wilkinson Sword" is my middle name [+1 Karma]
3) Yes Ma'am, I bought a razor yesterday.

CrazyLoon
Aug 10, 2015

"..."
TBH, nothing could dissuade me more from playing SQ42 than finding out that Sandi legit voices the love interest.

Berious
Nov 13, 2005

CrazyLoon posted:

TBH, nothing could dissuade me more from playing SQ42 than finding out that Sandi legit voices the love interest.

Could be hilarious if they mocap her doing the blowjob face emote. Especially if you can hack Gary into it.

Dusty Lens
Jul 1, 2015

All Glory unto the Stimpire. Give up your arms and legs and embrace the beautiful agony of electricity that doubles in pain every second.

CrazyLoon posted:

It's not an optional love interest.

G0RF
Mar 19, 2015

Octopode posted:

This whole theory requires them to ignore Chris's explicit statements that while there may be a 9:1 ratio of NPC agents within the universe (read: economic) simulation, they have no plans to actually put anywhere near that many as physical representations in the game.
I post it more as an indicator of slightly unrealistic fan expectations...

Justin Tyme
Feb 22, 2011

G0RF posted:

1000 PLAYER BATTLES

If you are dismissing this as being not possible, make sure you watch this clip of croberts saying they will do it as proof that it's possible despite there being absolutely no evidence they have anything of the sort working and can hardly get 12 ships in an instance at once

Jst0rm
Sep 16, 2012
Grimey Drawer
It looks like there are no more whales left to buy dumb poo poo. Everyone who ever gave a poo poo about wing commander or space games on the pc in general knows about star citizen at this point. There is no one left to get to join this pathetic charade. And passive observers on the outside will never drop $500 on a unreleased vg.

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

Dusty Lens posted:

Also Sandi will mocap the female avatar, so get ready for some hot sandi-on-sandi romance

Hopper
Dec 28, 2004

BOOING! BOOING!
Grimey Drawer

Dusty Lens posted:

Well it is kinda optional, shave or none of that sweet mocapped lovin' chubby.

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to find them
Grimey Drawer

Jst0rm posted:

It looks like there are no more whales left to buy dumb poo poo. Everyone who ever gave a poo poo about wing commander or space games on the pc in general knows about star citizen at this point. There is no one left to get to join this pathetic charade. And passive observers on the outside will never drop $500 on a unreleased vg.

I'd be very surprised if they don't take at least another 4 million during this sale and 6-7 is very possible. There's plenty of life left in this yet, lots of people believe they see something great and they only have another 2 weeks to wait.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
What if... what if the Vanduul Queen is the love interest?

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene

Tijuana Bibliophile posted:

Also Sandi will mocap the female avatar, so get ready for some hot sandi-on-sandi romance

not really what i was expecting re: sandbox gameplay

Hopper
Dec 28, 2004

BOOING! BOOING!
Grimey Drawer
If you think about it, it's kinda convenient that this dude broke his wrist right this moment, since it means that the sale will go by and onyl afterwards will they have something new [presumably buggy, lovely and deterring] to show.

Nov 3, 2015

Give me all your crackers

Hopper posted:

Those 10 hours of motion capture probably contain 2 hours worth of shaving animations, just to make Sandi happy.

Loiosh
Jul 25, 2010

AP posted:

I'd be very surprised if they don't take at least another 4 million during this sale and 6-7 is very possible. There's plenty of life left in this yet, lots of people believe they see something great and they only have another 2 weeks to wait.

This is likely. The Concierge and Subscriber chats both have people making plans for what they'll buy for the sale.

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to find them
Grimey Drawer
The more I think about it the more I believe they delayed the unmelt system till December on purpose. They really needed something to boost December's figures.

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

CrazyLoon posted:

What if Croberts voiced the love interest?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dusty Lens
Jul 1, 2015

All Glory unto the Stimpire. Give up your arms and legs and embrace the beautiful agony of electricity that doubles in pain every second.

Hopper posted:

There's a scene where you're held down against a pinball machine and given an unceremonious wax.

Then. The romance.

• Locked thread