Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

are we gonna hit page 4,000 during the peak of the ELE? CHRISTMAS IN JUNE

HOLY poo poo NEW PAGE

ONE STEP CLOOOOSER

alf_pogs fucked around with this message at 07:20 on Jun 1, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lime Tonics
Nov 7, 2015

by FactsAreUseless

Converting of jpegs is not allowed

paarp

Foo Diddley
Oct 29, 2011

cat

Lime Tonics posted:

Converting of jpegs is not allowed

paarp

Wow, what a coincidence. I too advertise Star Citizen by being an insufferable shitheel online

In other news, only 30 minutes until the ToS expires

Sum Mors
Feb 21, 2008
I wonder how accurate that funding tracker is. I want to see it go negative.

xxEightxx
Mar 5, 2010

Oh, it's true. You are Brock Landers!
Salad Prong
This is the most fun I've had here since we tried to hit page 1000 before new year (I think that was it?)

mdxi
Mar 13, 2006

to JERK OFF is to be close to GOD... only with SPURTING

no_recall
Aug 17, 2015

Lipstick Apathy
20 minutes and counting :munch:

My body is ready....

to be disappointed.

2 Weeks.

his nibs
Feb 27, 2016

:kayak:Welcome to the:kayak:
Dream Factory
:kayak:
Grimey Drawer

Mr.PayDay posted:

"Coming up in 2015, we will launch the FPS module, multicrew ships, the initial planetside/social experience and the first episode of the Squadron 42 single player adventure!"

https://robertsspaceindustries.com/about-the-game/community

Why would they not edit that?

My theory is that they know perfectly well it's still there, but if they change it they are obliged to give another date (even vaguely). They are not going to say 'Coming in 2016' as that evidently isn't going to happen. They can't put 'Coming in 2017' because people are still hoping for this year, and it will probably kick off in the forums again. Is it going to be 2017? ...2018?

'Coming this decade'...

Tokamak
Dec 22, 2004

Wow, almost perfect. The only bigger joke is: Ben Lesnick, Game Developer.

ZenMaster
Jan 24, 2006

I Saved PC Gaming

y kant u use the mobiglass to request your ship?

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

Lot of jewels tonight in the official forum.

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

no_recall posted:

20 minutes and counting :munch:

My body is ready....

to be disappointed.

2 Weeks.
Time to roll out Dick Clark's embalmed body.

Foo Diddley
Oct 29, 2011

cat
It's tiiiiiiiime! :toot:

Wait, nothing happened

e: And the timer's counting up now, wtf

xxEightxx
Mar 5, 2010

Oh, it's true. You are Brock Landers!
Salad Prong
Did any extinction happen?

AlmightyPants
Mar 14, 2001

King of Scheduling
Pillbug
Something that I don't get is why backers feel the need to go out of their way to defend their purchases to complete strangers over the internet. And not only that, but hunting down people who disagree with them and trying to convert them. To top it all off, they go into full attack mode on their biggest detractors, which only serves to draw attention to the detractors and legitimize them.

There's the community of people on the internet who believe that certain important people are reptilians from outer space or something, right? You don't see them all over the place trying to convert people to their beliefs or fighting with people who disagree with them. Likewise, people who are aware of the people who believe in reptilians from outer space for the most part let them be, ignore them and enjoy a laugh at their expense every now and then - never trying to convert the reptilian believers. In general, both sides just hang out and believe what they want to believe without efforts to convert the other.

In that scenario, backers could fall into either category - reptilian believers or regular folks - because neither side really feels the need to proselytize towards the other. What I don't get is what makes Star Citizen backers different from so many other sub-groups of people that they're always trying to fight naysayers.

P.S. Happy June 1st Commandos!

Raskolnikov
Nov 25, 2003

Tokamak posted:

Wow, almost perfect. The only bigger joke is: Ben Lesnick, Game Developer.

Foo Diddley
Oct 29, 2011

cat

AlmightyPants posted:

Something that I don't get is why backers feel the need to go out of their way to defend their purchases to complete strangers over the internet. And not only that, but hunting down people who disagree with them and trying to convert them. To top it all off, they go into full attack mode on their biggest detractors, which only serves to draw attention to the detractors and legitimize them.

Look here motherfucker I have disposable income

kordansk
Sep 12, 2011

Foo Diddley posted:

I have an account you can dispose it into if you don't require it.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Foo Diddley posted:

It's tiiiiiiiime! :toot:

Wait, nothing happened

e: And the timer's counting up now, wtf
Yesssssss what a callback.

https://forums.robertsspaceindustries.com/discussion/comment/5951244/#Comment_5951244 posted:

The issue council workflow is still broken.

2 minutes BEFORE expiration it shows (timestamp 151123 10:10 UTC):

which is correct - the timer is counting down

1 minute BEFORE expiration it shows (timestamp 151123 10:11 UTC):

which is correct - the timer is counting down

ON EXPIRATION it shows (timestamp 151123 10:12 UTC):

which is correct - afterwards the issue should diminish

2 minutes AFTER EXPIRATION it shows (timestamp 151123 10:14 UTC):

FAILURE! The timer is counting up!

3 minutes AFTER EXPIRATION it shows (timestamp 151123 10:15 UTC):

FAILURE! The timer is still counting up!

I've mentioned this already a month ago, but it seems, the bug still persists.

Thank you in advance for fixing this nasty one.

With best regards

GOEI

Thronde
Aug 4, 2012

Fun Shoe
I missed it somewhere in the thread, why/when was it found out that fatass Lesnick is a creepy pedo?

AlmightyPants
Mar 14, 2001

King of Scheduling
Pillbug

Foo Diddley posted:

Disposable income really isn't the difference, as there are many people passionate about their hobbies or interests that sink considerable sums of money into them. You don't see, and I'm using an example of an expensive hobby, watch collectors going around getting pissy at people for not being into collecting watches, right? I have a friend into collecting watches and I wouldn't know other than his occasional posts on facebook of his watches. When I see him in person he never talks to me about watches or watch collecting or how I should buy the latest watch or why don't I like watches, now I am literally Hitler. And yet Star Citizen backers are doing those very things. It baffles me.

Ponzi
Feb 21, 2016

DEPORTED FROM FLAVOR TOWN

ICSA 67 LOSER
Fun Shoe

AlmightyPants posted:

Something that I don't get is why backers feel the need to go out of their way to defend their purchases to complete strangers over the internet. And not only that, but hunting down people who disagree with them and trying to convert them. To top it all off, they go into full attack mode on their biggest detractors, which only serves to draw attention to the detractors and legitimize...

Possibly because a large proportion of them are shills working for a brand-management company contracted to CIG, with genuine 'useful idiots' jumping on the bandwagon because they think that's what they should be doing to prove their faith (based on the activity of aforesaid shills).

SomethingJones
Mar 6, 2016

<3

Ponzi posted:

Possibly because a large proportion of them are shills working for a brand-management company contracted to CIG, with genuine 'useful idiots' jumping on the bandwagon because they think that's what they should be doing to prove their faith (based on the activity of aforesaid shills).

no_recall
Aug 17, 2015

Lipstick Apathy
We need to hit 4000 pages.

:justpost:

SomethingJones
Mar 6, 2016

<3
Today is the day that all shills, cultists, shitizens, goonies, Derek alts, shitposters, madmen, chancers and slackers will all come together as one.

Today is the SHITIZENENING.

Foo Diddley
Oct 29, 2011

cat

kordansk posted:

I have an account you can dispose it into if you don't require it.

Hmmmm, sounds pretty good

Thronde posted:

I missed it somewhere in the thread, why/when was it found out that fatass Lesnick is a creepy pedo?

He kept a website full of all of the best quotes and witticisms that he'd ever posted in various chats, and they were uniformly horrifying. Racism, pedophilia, &c; basically a checklist of Terrible poo poo that Internet People Somehow Think is Okay. Anyway, someone found the site and he couldn't understand why it wasn't cool. Posted on his twitter: "haha, people found my old website where I keep an archive of proof that I'm a horrible person". I think you can get a link to it there, if he still hasn't taken it down

Oh yeah and he had several thousand pictures of a local news anchor that he was stalking

Cool guy, Ben

Ayn Randi
Mar 12, 2009

Grimey Drawer
citizens are not arguing with you to convince you, they are arguing with you to convince themselves.

Wise Learned Man
Apr 22, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

Ponzi posted:

This, but I also get the feeling that some of them know (though they refuse to admit as much to themselves or others) that the likelihood of the game ever being finished is basically nil if the fundraising dries up, so they think they're "protecting their investment" by trying to refute the very reasonable negative opinion about the game that is shared by pretty much everyone outside their echo chamber.

Ayn Randi posted:

citizens are not arguing with you to convince you, they are arguing with you to convince themselves.

This too.

Foo Diddley
Oct 29, 2011

cat

AlmightyPants posted:

Disposable income really isn't the difference, as there are many people passionate about their hobbies or interests that sink considerable sums of money into them. You don't see, and I'm using an example of an expensive hobby, watch collectors going around getting pissy at people for not being into collecting watches, right? I have a friend into collecting watches and I wouldn't know other than his occasional posts on facebook of his watches. When I see him in person he never talks to me about watches or watch collecting or how I should buy the latest watch or why don't I like watches, now I am literally Hitler. And yet Star Citizen backers are doing those very things. It baffles me.

Well this is because, at the end of the day, your friend has a working watch. A Star Citizen has an IOU for a .jpeg and his dick in his hand. Which one of these people would feel a need to defend his purchase from all the people mocking him?

CrazyLoon
Aug 10, 2015

"..."

Ayn Randi posted:

Pretty much. It's why arguing with one is so bloody pointless. No matter what you say, it all just helps fuel their insanity.

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

SomethingJones posted:

Today is the day that all shills, cultists, shitizens, goonies, Derek alts, shitposters, madmen, chancers and slackers will all come together as one.

Today is the SHITIZENENING.

Translate this post into Lesnick prose please.

Tokamak
Dec 22, 2004

Thronde posted:

A few months ago people found his personal website. It was full of edgy jokes, creepy jokes about girls, which is even more troubling for a person who worked at a school. He also had a stash of hundreds of photos of a local news reporter who he regularly fantasised about romancing. He even 'joked' about getting his mother to record the news for hot new pictures of her.

Tokamak
Dec 22, 2004

Onwards to page 4000 on day 1, anno ELE.

Chalks
Sep 30, 2009

Colostomy Bag posted:

Translate this post into Lesnick prose please.

Eh di wop everyone will be disappointed wup

Sandweed
Sep 7, 2006

All your friends are me.

Kotaku got blacklisted for reporting actually gaming news and this genius thinks that is a good thing, and he is using skeleton unironically to. He is probably a cool guy.

Thronde
Aug 4, 2012

Fun Shoe
Okay, so hideously fat, useless, a liar, and a loving creepy stalker pedo racist.

Good guy Ben. I hope he has a loving heart attack soon.

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

day of lavos, page 4000 approaches

ZenMaster
Jan 24, 2006

I Saved PC Gaming

Wait wait wait... that's the dude that is forcing his wife and kids (after buying them all accounts) to play SC with him right? I swear that avy on GS is the same one from RSI of a different user...

Kosumo
Apr 9, 2016

no_recall posted:

We need to hit 4000 pages.

:justpost:

I would feel wrong about :justpost:ing to 4000 while Mr. Tophat is probated.

Free the Tophat, let him bring us home.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ponzi
Feb 21, 2016

DEPORTED FROM FLAVOR TOWN

ICSA 67 LOSER
Fun Shoe

Kosumo posted:

I would feel wrong about :justpost:ing to 4000 while Mr. Tophat is probated.

Free the Tophat, let him bring us home.

Why did Tophat get probated?

• Locked thread