Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

poo poo never mind call of duty, even the weird Rareware pirate game blew out star citizen

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Lone Girl Flier
Sep 29, 2009

This post is dedicated to all those who fell by the forums, for nothing is wasted, and every apparent failure is but a challenge to others.

ewe2 posted:

Well well speaking of TOS, here's a little country song I wrote:

* lyrics
* You can hoedown to it
* Not at all related to a Heebeegeebees parody
* :pgabz: kazoo danceys parps and hootenannys

This made me laugh!

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

Samizdata posted:

As much as I agree with your general sentiment, I will leave the Ben-loving to you and you alone...

But he's so curvy ~uGu~

duckfarts
Jul 2, 2010

~ shameful ~

Soiled Meat

Mr Fronts posted:

https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen/comments/4nxe2u/want_to_discuss_the_tos/

Cymelion has a scintilla of self-awareness. An epiphany. A moment where, against all odds, his petulant, abusive id loses its vice-like grip on his psyche...

A few short hours later, though, the pressure of "reeling back a bit" builds to unbearable levels.

And normality reasserts itself...

soup kitchens will make more video games than star citizen will

Mr Fronts
Jan 31, 2016

Yo! The Mafia supports you. But don't tell no one. Spread the word.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rJK3sfZVIcM

Uh-oh.

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

Jobbo_Fett posted:

But he's so curvy ~uGu~

why the gently caress did my computer automatically capitalize the g?

Decrepus
May 21, 2008

In the end, his dominion did not touch a single poster.

No one is going to kill Crisp Roberts. The mental maturity, that the thought would even enter their minds, is so lacking.

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry
I am MomA

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry
MoMA am I

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

Decrepus posted:

No one is going to kill Crisp Roberts. The mental maturity, that the thought would even enter their minds, is so lacking.

Its ok though, the UK is tough on gun crime therefore no criminals can get guns. :eng101:

Decrepus
May 21, 2008

Did God implement the bounty hunter profession in real life that I can use to track down people who have betrayed my internet space ship videogame trust?

ShredsYouSay
Sep 22, 2011

How's his widow holding up?
Come on they're only internet death threats! It's not like there are actually mentally-unhinged violent ex-soviet people with access to firearms who backed star citizen.

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

Decrepus posted:

Did God implement the bounty hunter profession in real life that I can use to track down people who have betrayed my internet space ship videogame trust?

Yes, and his name is Dog.

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

ShredsYouSay posted:

Come on they're only internet death threats! It's not like there are actually mentally-unhinged violent ex-soviet people with access to firearms who backed star citizen.

Well, once the Ukraine calms down...

ewe2
Jul 1, 2009

Waldo P Barnstormer posted:

This made me laugh!

Thanks, I was afraid people would not find it funny :pgabz: o9

Decrepus
May 21, 2008

No thanks, Mom, you don't need to pick me up Burger King today, I am on a mission to seek and destroy Crisp Roberts. Actually pick it up just in case, just the burger though, that microwaves fine. Love you bubye ok bye bye bubye.

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to fool them all
One Ring to find them
One Ring to milk them all
and pockets fully line them
Grimey Drawer

Mr Fronts posted:

https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen/comments/4nxe2u/want_to_discuss_the_tos/

Cymelion has a scintilla of self-awareness. An epiphany. A moment where, against all odds, his petulant, abusive id loses its vice-like grip on his psyche...

A few short hours later, though, the pressure of "reeling back a bit" builds to unbearable levels.

And normality reasserts itself...

:signings:

Best wishes to all the Concierge level Citizens out there at this very difficult time.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

COD IW is probably the first time I've been excited about a call of duty since... black ops 2 come to think of it

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to fool them all
One Ring to find them
One Ring to milk them all
and pockets fully line them
Grimey Drawer
117 days until Citizen Con 2016.

This could be the last 100 days of Star Citizen, enjoy it everyone.

Decrepus
May 21, 2008

I put nothing in my 401k because I wanted to use that 5% to invest myself (in Internet spaceship jpgs).

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

AP posted:

:rip:

no_recall
Aug 17, 2015

Lipstick Apathy

AP posted:

Some goon make a countdown? tia

a whole buncha crows
May 8, 2003

WHEN WE DON'T KNOW WHO TO HATE, WE HATE OURSELVES.-SA USER NATION (AKA ME!)
ok taking bets who thinks they will actually have a con

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

Nation posted:

Chris was confused and thought that Gamescon meant building an entire con around a video game.

MedicineHut
Feb 25, 2016

AP posted:

With Citizencon a couple months after Gamescon I highly doubt it, but CR gently caress ups willing I hope you are right.

Say this because Citizencon is just a couple months after that. For as long as there is a glimpse of "reasonable doubt" for the thing to keep on receiving funds it will keep trodding along, even at a reduced income. I suspect that a majority of backers are completely oblivious to CIG´s tribulations. Most backers are probably of the kind that has never questioned a game development and automatically assume that because there is a game in development there will be a game in the end.

This will not "end" publicly until there is a significant event of ELE proportions that signals clearly the end of times and that can be picked up confidently by gaming media in general. Releasing a crappy SQ42 could be one such.

EDIT: Misread your post for Gamescon!

MedicineHut fucked around with this message at 10:24 on Jun 14, 2016

Chalks
Sep 30, 2009

Nation posted:

If CIG are experts at anything, it's cons.

Deedrix
Jun 6, 2016

"Give me money and I'll give you shit in return."
CIG ToS

MedicineHut posted:

With Citizencon a couple months after Gamescon I highly doubt it, but CR gently caress ups willing I hope you are right.

Say this because Citizencon is just a couple months after that. For as long as there is a glimpse of "reasonable doubt" for the thing to keep on receiving funds it will keep trodding along, even at a reduced income. I suspect that a majority of backers are completely oblivious to CIG´s tribulations. Most backers are probably of the kind that has never questioned a game development and automatically assume that because there is a game in development there will be a game in the end.

This will not "end" publicly until there is a significant event of ELE proportions that signals clearly the end of times and that can be picked up confidently by gaming media in general. Releasing a crappy SQ42 could be one such.

They'll most like release it under "pre-alpha" to dodge the riots.

a whole buncha crows
May 8, 2003

MedicineHut posted:

This will not "end" publicly until there is a significant event of ELE proportions that signals clearly the end of times.

The TOS is the end times, why would a company who claim they are releasing a game this year need to legally protect themselves from the eventuality that they give nothing if they don't intend to give people anything. Not only that but they are actively going back on promises and closing off ways for people to get refunds despite promises etc.. it's the end times.

no_recall
Aug 17, 2015

Lipstick Apathy
Gamescon Highlight:

Call of Duty : Infinite Warfare vs Star Citizen : Squadron 42 Ep1

Also Mass Effect : Andromeda.

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

AP posted:

a whole buncha crows
May 8, 2003

Every single promise or pledge Chris Roberts made to get people to back his game is gone, he just asked that the people who funded this entire endeavour sign up to a new star citizen, one without a promise to deliver anything, without a single notion of accountability, poo poo if i see some oval office putting his lifejacket on, getting into the lifeboat but telling me to stay calm i'm definitely going to think twice.

Oh and moma please suck a big fat dickkkkkkk

Dante80
Mar 23, 2015

Dante80 posted:

You simply do not understand funding chart development.

There are four reasons for that bump, all "legitimate".

1. A big patch came out to live after a significant amount of "PTU cooking" time, thus refactoring restoring faith to some of the backers. People are scrambling to play it, due to the extreme boredom that prolonged 2.3.1 testing induced. Add to that the fact that most were not acquainted with the PTU versions due to access gating, and that CIG did their best to promote the patch as the best thing ever.

2.Together with the patch, 3 ships were immediately put on sale. Two of those are flight ready, and also the stars of the patch, content (and marketing) wise.

3. The ability to fly rented ships acquired via REC has been disabled in this patch. If you add together the fact that there isn't a free flight promotion coming now, AND that you cannot yet buy ships with aUEC, this siphons backers into buying ships so as to "test" the patch.

4. Due to the way that the current insurance system works, people that play 2.4.0 and have a single ship (like a Connie) have to wait long times before they can respawn it. If you add to that the fact that the patch is completely unstable and that ships are getting stolen as soon as they spawn, backers are driven to buy more assets simply to be able to test the game without having to wait. Paying for instant respawn is not an option, due to the amount of aUEC you can acquire in the patch vs what you need to bring a ship back.

Say what you will, CIG is staying on top of the game as far as mindfucking their customers is concerned.

It seems to not be working..T_T

Holy poo poo, that was 3 new ship sales (all first seen in PU) as well as a major patch.

Buy you morons, buy!!!!

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Sometimes it's not the bomb that's retarded.

I hope Chris comes to whichever con with a :smug: video of the actors reading his script. I hope they've kept a video of that.

EminusSleepus
Sep 28, 2015

someone should edit the CoD:IW E3 presentation and change the last part instead of showing the CoD logo..change it to SQ42!!!

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

Dante80 posted:

Holy poo poo, that was 3 new ship sales (all first seen in PU) as well as a major patch.

Buy you morons, buy!!!!

no thx

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

SelenicMartian posted:

I hope Chris comes to whichever con with a :smug: video of the actors reading his script. I hope they've kept a video of that.

He'll be too busy working on Squadron 42 to visit CitCon

MedicineHut
Feb 25, 2016

Dante80 posted:

Buy you morons, buy!!!!

όχι ευχαριστώ

no_recall
Aug 17, 2015

Lipstick Apathy
Star Citizen : Chris Roberts Promised, Infinity Ward Delivered.

Dante80
Mar 23, 2015

MedicineHut posted:

όχι ευχαριστώ

Θα σας δείξω εγώ, θα δείτε τι θα πάθετε!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

no_recall
Aug 17, 2015

Lipstick Apathy

Dante80 posted:

Buy you morons, buy!!!!

• Locked thread