Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Space Skeleton
Sep 28, 2004

Berious posted:

That's probably a bad deal unless you're just dying to play ED right this second but haven't bought in yet. The expansion is out very soon and will include the base game.

The expansion is $15 off if you own the base game, which is currently $15. You would also get access to a special Cobra which is kinda neat.

Space Skeleton fucked around with this message at 16:31 on Nov 28, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dyzzy
Dec 22, 2009

argh

FactsAreUseless posted:

That isn't any sort of joke, tabletop gaming is just insane.

:eyepop: dat av

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

I seriously love it so much. Imp Zone is amazing.

Berious
Nov 13, 2005

Space Skeleton posted:

The expansion is $15 off if you own the base game, which is currently $15. You would also get a free Cobra when the expansion launches that way I guess.

Oh cool ignore me then

Crash74
May 11, 2009

Sarsapariller posted:

powerplants are tied to the hot tub.

I would buy this... for 1.65bux in a 66% off steam sale, not 350 lol

tooterfish
Jul 13, 2013

Berious posted:

That's probably a bad deal unless you're just dying to play ED right this second but haven't bought in yet. The expansion is out very soon and will include the base game.
By weird coincidence you get a pre-order discount for Horizons of exactly $15/£10 if you have the base game, so it breaks even.

e:beaten like Karl wishes he could beat Dr Smart.

G0RF
Mar 19, 2015

Some galactic defender you are, Space Cadet.
Here's the full text of the recent PC Gamer article for those curious...

Kakarot
Jul 20, 2013

by zen death robot
Buglord

Ragequit posted:

Sounds about right. If you want to include DS since he is technically a goon, it would make that over $350k.

what? DS invested 100k?

Crash74
May 11, 2009

tooterfish posted:

By weird coincidence you get a pre-order discount for Horizons of exactly $15/£10 if you have the base game, so it breaks even.

e:beaten like Karl wishes he could beat Dr Smart.

Dam karl take a chill pill, it's only a video game.... That you spent 5k+ on lol.

neonbregna
Aug 20, 2007

I feel like I am a better person for not knowing who the gently caress any of these people are

Kakarot
Jul 20, 2013

by zen death robot
Buglord

Flavor Truck posted:

This thread's title is hosed UP and I ain't for it!!

You must be a Karl

Kakarot
Jul 20, 2013

by zen death robot
Buglord

nopantsjack posted:

wait on second thought would you accept this concept jpeg?

I think with some more resources behind us we can make this TBDJPEGE

:vince:

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Berious posted:

What was the deal with those flowers? That lady bought them in then she and Sandi awkwardly handed them back and forth a while. Was that bit planned? So many questions.

I would assume it was planned. No one just has a bouquet of flowers like that on hand.

So awkward. So many questions.

fuzzknot
Mar 23, 2009

Yip yip yip yip yip

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

I would assume it was planned. No one just has a bouquet of flowers like that on hand.

So awkward. So many questions.

Not the least of which is "Why the gently caress couldn't they write a better script?"

A Neurotic Jew
Feb 17, 2012

by exmarx
I also remember that on the Around the Verse directly following CitCon Sandi's big takeaway was "it was my first time getting a standing ovation!"

she was super proud that a deeply confused and pliable audience were pity-clapping for her :thumbsup:

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot

fuzzknot posted:

Not the least of which is "Why the gently caress couldn't they write a better script?"

did you NOT see crobizzle's script drop presentation?

tooterfish
Jul 13, 2013

fuzzknot posted:

"Why the gently caress couldn't they write a better script?"
Sorry, that phrase is reserved for a future thread title.

Berious
Nov 13, 2005

G0RF posted:

Thanks for that. No mention at all that they might be in difficulty or how long they've been working with nothing but in editor footage to show for it. If an evil publisher was bankrolling development then a softball preview is pretty standard but you'd think they'd subject a crowdfunded projects to a little more scrutiny.

Hammerstein
May 6, 2005

YOU DON'T KNOW A DAMN THING ABOUT RACING !
Elite Dangerous on Steam sale for €12.37

You know, a real game, with real ships and stuff.

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

Mark "I'm not shaving for this bullshit" Hammill

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot

G0RF posted:

reading all that is more effort and time than i would care to invest into something SC/CIG related

G0RF
Mar 19, 2015

neonbregna posted:

I feel like I am a better person for not knowing who the gently caress any of these people are
Pay them no mind. They used to be employees but they're just anonymous hate mongers now.

Kinda like Beer4TheBeerGod used to be a valuable member of the community, but now he's a vicious traitor and "not a good person".

Or how anybody who posts here is terrible and should be banned.

Sarsapariller
Aug 14, 2015

Occasional vampire queen

G0RF posted:

You know, it's been 3 years and they're just now getting mainstream coverage. I wonder if they've finally started laying out cash for marketing and product placement?

G0RF
Mar 19, 2015

fuzzknot posted:

Well it's not for lack of effort...

Teriyaki Koinku
Nov 25, 2008

Bread! Bread! Bread!

Bread! BREAD! BREAD!

G0RF posted:

The Something Awful forums are one of the last places where critical discussions about the goings on in the Star Citizen / CIG world have continued without interruption or co-optation. That dissent is festering, skepticism growing, and blasphemies against Chris and Sandi are not only tolerated but (generally) agreed upon here is a source of enormous frustration to those who've successful turned /starcitizen into yet another Brown Sea echo chamber of non-stop high-fiving and self-contragulation and who carpet bomb gaming blogs and articles with more of the same.

Spergs are in non-stop tug-of-war with skeptics over Narrative control. Essential to preserving their Self-Narratives are notions like:

Time will tell which Narrative ultimately proves the most true, but in the shorter term, it's extremely discomfiting to them to know that not everyone holds those "truths" to be self-evident, and some even believe them laughably outrageous falsehoods.

So basically this:

Minus the buff Jerries?

Teriyaki Koinku fucked around with this message at 22:13 on Nov 25, 2015

Woolwich Bagnet
Apr 27, 2003

I wonder how pissed Sandi is that this isn't a picture of her. I DESERVE THIS MORE THAN HIM.

Ragequit
Jun 1, 2006

Lipstick Apathy

Kakarot posted:

what? DS invested 100k?

Sort of - he said he has spent at least that much pursuing this lawsuit. Also hiring people to break the legs of kids already in wheelchairs doesn't come cheap.

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot

G0RF posted:

Well it's not for lack of effort...

oh man that script drop and making his employee pick it all up after in an animated gif would be perfect. he basically apologized for it because he realized he was demeaning an employee in front of everyone instead of closed doors. the whole thing was such an eye opener in what actually goes on day to day.

Agrajag fucked around with this message at 22:16 on Nov 25, 2015

Misren
Nov 30, 2014

First the doctor told me the good news: I was going to have a disease named after me.

Stealth Like posted:

I wonder how pissed Sandi is that this isn't a picture of her. I DESERVE THIS MORE THAN HIM.

She is slowly becoming redacted.

Teriyaki Koinku
Nov 25, 2008

Bread! Bread! Bread!

Bread! BREAD! BREAD!

FactsAreUseless posted:

Actually, a lot of other sites are obsessed with SA. In the online tabletop gaming world, SA is known as a hive of SJW thought that is trying to destroy gaming.

*snorts drink out of my nose laughing* :laffo:

Crash74
May 11, 2009

Hammerstein posted:

Elite Dangerous on Steam sale for €12.37

You know, a real game, with real ships and stuff.

Woa, Woa there guy. That's way under delivering on value. See you need to charge at least 300 dollars for the best game* ever.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Your Dunkle Sans posted:

*snorts drink out of my nose laughing* :laffo:
The trad games community outside of SA is the single most toxic community I have ever seen, and I'm including the DOTA thread.

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

Crash74
May 11, 2009
I knew it was coming.

neonbregna
Aug 20, 2007

FactsAreUseless posted:

The trad games community outside of SA is the single most toxic community I have ever seen, and I'm including the DOTA thread.

Have you seen the fallout 4 thread? There is at least one poster who is very disappointed that you can't kill kids.

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Sometimes it's not the bomb that's retarded.

Change the caption to STAR PAAARP

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot

neonbregna posted:

Have you seen the fallout 4 thread? There is at least one poster who is very disappointed that you can't kill kids.

there aren't any kids in fallout 4

not being able to kill the minute man dude is an annoyance though. the fucker won't stop giving you quests whenever he walks by the player

Creed Reunion Tour
Jul 3, 2007

by Cyrano4747
Grimey Drawer

AROUND THE VERSE: Episode 2.7
November 24th, 2015 Under Construction

Intro [Sandi+Ben]

S: Welcome back to Around The Verse, I'm Sandi Gardiner.
B: And I'm Ben Lesnick.
S: This week on(?)the ATV interview, Jared sits down with Vanessa Landeros(?) to discuss her work as a character animator.
B: And we continue with character animations with David Peng who shows us where Star Citizen dances come from.

S: But first, we've moved into our new studios! Talk about the new studio move
B: Talk about how we're still building sets for our curious(?) productions

S: And more importantly: 2.0 is out on the PTU!
B: Ben talks about the PTU

S: Of course, 2.0 on the PTU launched right after our Anniversary Livestream! Talk about the Anniversary Livestream
B: Ben talks about the Anniversary Livestream

S: And with the third Anniversary of Star Citizen comes our Anniversary Sale.
B: Ben talks about the sale including the CCU system

S: Wow, it's been a busy two weeks. But now let's check in with our studios around the week in News From Around the Verse!

News from Around the Verse

(?) Studios

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

neonbregna posted:

It's worse.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dusty Lens
Jul 1, 2015

All Glory unto the Stimpire. Give up your arms and legs and embrace the beautiful agony of electricity that doubles in pain every second.

Agrajag posted:

there aren't any kids in fallout 4

not being able to kill the minute man dude is an annoyance though. the fucker won't stop giving you quests whenever he walks by the player

I sent him to a lonely outpost settlement where he wanders around fiddling with the radio and wishing he could tell me that someone has been kidnapped from Arbinathy farm for the 80th time.

• Locked thread