Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Kings need not raise their voices to be heard

Ghostlight posted:

Karl is a German auditor Star Citizen fanatic who was posting in the thread in defense of Star Citizen.

Beyond that it is easier to tell you who Karl is not. He is not the German auditor Star Citizen fanatic on the official Star Citizen forums that happens to share a name with the twitter account Karl posted here as his own - this is verifiable because that poster has spent thousands of dollars on Star Citizen while Karl's ships were all gifted to him by his brother. He is not the German auditor Star Citizen fanatic on reddit that posts extensively about how unfairly Karl was treated by SA, because that is a woman. He is also not her father who happens to be a German auditor, just in case you were thinking that might be the case. In fact, every redditor who is German and an auditor and interested in Star Citizen is definitely not Karl, nor the obvious sock puppet accounts that jump to the defense of any German auditor Star Citizenite posting in r/DerekSmart.

All we really know for sure about Karl is he can go gently caress himself.
This is a gem.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
Crucible Q&A is up.

quote:

Will the AI be able to perform either role described in the “Ship Repair and Maintenance” post? (AKA, can I operate the Crucible solo)

Eventually, yes, although no AI crew will ever be as efficient as humans working together. To answer the question more broadly, the Cutlass is specifically designed for a single captain to both operate and engage in repair tasks… hence the ‘moving restaurant’ design that lets the main set change between the forward view and an overview of the Scarab.

Little Freudian slip there I imagine. Apparently CIG thinks that a dedicated repair ship, with a complete human crew, will enjoy spending two minutes repairing a Hornet. Or fifteen minutes if it's one guy doing it by himself.

Also...

:siren: LITERALLY EVERYTHING ON SALE BUY NOW! BUY NOW! BRING A FRIEND!* :siren:

*Friend not eligible for a referral.

it dont matter
Aug 29, 2008

The goon sleeper agent needs to be more careful, she'll give herself away.

:thumbsup:

IrvingWashington
Dec 9, 2007

Shabbat Shalom
Clapping Larry
Since putting my refund money back into SC I've got even better jpegs than before!

These guys were dumped as babies on my in-laws' property. They were pretty sick, but we got them back to full health, and though they don't know how to cat very well, they have at least become productive members of (space) society:

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Nicholas posted:

i hope everyone had a happy thanksgiving. this year I'm thankful for CIG being able to develop the BDSSE in the comfort of the trendiest massed-produced luxury furniture that crowdfunding can buy!

$1400 shelf

More of that ugly airplane poo poo:

$1200 coffee table with aparently the wrong side facing the wall

backwards coffee table is definitely my favorite

IrvingWashington
Dec 9, 2007

Shabbat Shalom
Clapping Larry

Bootcha posted:

You're Wolf, Derek's Chains, KC's Dallas, I'm little brother Houston. And Legal is himself.

Don't act dumb.

You're gonna need a pretty powerful drill if Wolf's gonna go through Lesnick's reinforced eyelids

ShredsYouSay
Sep 22, 2011

How's his widow holding up?
That's profoundly weird. Right next to me at the bar, alternate versions of Chris and Sandi have sat down. He even has the same mush mouth accent, while she is shrill. It's almost like going back in time...

Maybe, you can never leave the ptu...

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

Nicholas posted:

i hope everyone had a happy thanksgiving. this year I'm thankful for CIG being able to develop the BDSSE in the comfort of the trendiest massed-produced luxury furniture that crowdfunding can buy!

$1400 shelf

That's not just a comically large brick of drugs? God damnit, CIG can't just spend my money willy-nilly! If they aren't going to use my pledge on huge amounts of drugs I demand accountability!

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Kings need not raise their voices to be heard

skaboomizzy
Nov 12, 2003

There is nothing I want to be. There is nothing I want to do.
I don't even have an image of what I want to be. I have nothing. All that exists is zero.
I'm imagining someone several thousand dollars into SC who is also living off of Soylent. He thinks he's living in THE FUTURE but will die broke and alone from cadmium poisoning before the game ever comes out.

His tombstone will read SEE YOU IN THE 'VERSE.

This entire project is like a magnet of misery and broken dreams.

it dont matter
Aug 29, 2008

If any UK goons wanna recreate that CIG office feel, TK Maxx sometimes have that ugly airplane furniture. And it's nowhere near as expensive.

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

G0RF posted:

Their expressions...

Those reactions...

Who's the nobody standing there with famous actress Sandi Croberts?

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

Nicholas posted:

$1400 shelf

loving $1400 designer shelves for the kitchen. :cripes: "Every cent going into development"

I hope you suckers have $1400 designer shelves in your kitchens otherwise I don't understand why you're paying for this poo poo.

bumbles
Nov 26, 2015

by Lowtax

bet intellicat could design better jpegs than CIG

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Nicholas posted:

$1400 shelf

That's where the community team worked when they were in the SM office. As you can tell it's pretty cramped.

I actually like the airplane stuff. It's a pretty cool look and if I had the time I'd try to make my own furniture using that style. The fun part is when you see the closeups and you can see all the stripped screws and poo poo. Also that website is hilarious. This is what they think an infant needs:

Protip: If you have an infant and see a crib even remotely like that, do not let your child sleep there. Everything we've learned about SIDS basically says that's a deathtrap. Here's what a baby should be sleeping in:

Mattress, Cover, Sleep Sack. If it's soft and plush then it's a breathing hazard. Finland has one of the lowest rate of infant mortality in the world and a big part of it is because babies there sleep in cardboard boxes given to the parents by the government.

So yeah, don't kill your loving kid.

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

victorian lunatic asylum chic

Berious
Nov 13, 2005

People ITT have been blaming Sandi for the overpriced furniture but stupid shiny poo poo seems way more like a Chris thing to me.

Nicholas
Mar 7, 2001

Were those not fine days, when we drank of clear honey, and spoke in calm tones of our love for the stuff?

The space under the crib doubles as storage for all my oily rags

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Daztek posted:

Poor Eonwe is going to be so sad when he sees all this positivity!

im insanely sad

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Eonwe is actually one of my fake accounts.

we're all Eonwe, actually

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
i honestly don't ever want to see Sandi's boob window ever again

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Sometimes it's not the bomb that's retarded.

Eonwe posted:

i honestly don't ever want to see Sandi's boob window ever again
It's the only window without bars in the new office.

MrBadidea
Apr 1, 2009

$1200 for a coffee table that nobody gives enough of a poo poo about to face the right way around.

$0 for a floor that doesn't look like the poo poo left after tearing out tiles.

Better not spend money on something that can't be thrown in the back of a truck and disappeared in the dead of night when the gravy train runs out of track.

ShredsYouSay
Sep 22, 2011

How's his widow holding up?

SelenicMartian posted:

It's the only window without bars in the new office.

:vince:

GreenLight
Apr 5, 2014

Can I keep his head for a souvenir ?
wheres the lawsuit at ?

Hobold
Jan 10, 2012

I love my Cutlass
I love big stompy mechs
I love my HOTAS
I love to salvage wrecks
I love Star Citizen, and all it's craziness
GOONDEYADA, GOONDEYADA, GOONDEYADA
College Slice
2.0 changed everything and I bought back in with a Blue Collar pack, Armada pack, Alien pack, Explorer pack, and a Crucible. Christ Roberts truly is the savior of PC Gaming.

:gary::catdrugs::yarg:

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to fool them all
One Ring to find them
One Ring to milk them all
and pockets fully line them
Grimey Drawer

Nicholas posted:

$1400 shelf

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=obesvDsMSwA

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

MrBadidea posted:

$1200 for a coffee table that nobody gives enough of a poo poo about to face the right way around.

$0 for a floor that doesn't look like the poo poo left after tearing out tiles.

Better not spend money on something that can't be thrown in the back of a truck and disappeared in the dead of night when the gravy train runs out of track.

To be fair that floor was pristine before Ben waddled across the room

ZenMaster
Jan 24, 2006

I Saved PC Gaming

Paladinus posted:

Gillian's expression reminds me of the scene in The Fall where she confronts the serial killer for the first time and tries her best not to show any weakness.

Wow, there is a show call ed the Fall... I was thinking something else, nevermind!

ZenMaster fucked around with this message at 20:10 on Nov 27, 2015

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Nicholas posted:

$1400 shelf

So does a friend of Roberts own that furniture store or what?

Nicholas
Mar 7, 2001

Were those not fine days, when we drank of clear honey, and spoke in calm tones of our love for the stuff?

thank you for this

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

trucutru posted:

So does a friend of Roberts own that furniture store or what?

We're all Friends of Roberts, and you can be too. All it takes is a simple donation and reciting the Oath of Eternal Truth and Loyalty.

Dusty Lens
Jul 1, 2015

All Glory unto the Stimpire. Give up your arms and legs and embrace the beautiful agony of electricity that doubles in pain every second.

AnniVERSEary Sale: Weapons Free!*

*Weapons are not free.

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos
They cost folk like you and me

G0RF
Mar 19, 2015

Some galactic defender you are, Space Cadet.
"CIG did the wrong thing"

the Silver Rook posted:

Any reasonable person understands that an organization, regardless of pass methods or promises, will do whatever it deems appropriate to raise more money... (:words: ensue, bemoaning money CIG left on the table with the terms of the Phoenix sale and encouraging them to engage in fraudulent business practices in the future, since they'll make more money using them and who cares if they screw old backers of they're getting new ones..)

Shadowrunner posted:

Wow, just wow. Apologetics on pair with religious apologetics.

If ardbeg invite me to buy a limited addition collectible whiskey bottle, and they sey we will only sell 10000 of this bottles. You expect that they will keep there word on this. In fact they always have. So you can trust them, if however they started mass produced a previous sold limited bottle, there credibility as a collectible seller goes right out the window. But you are more than happy to make a special plea regarding CIG, because they are CIG.

Now I'm not saying they need to sell limited editions, in fact I was against it when they first did, however they choosed to sell of ship as they where limited, baiting collectors to buy, for than to switch policy after the sales.

That's bait and switch.

Hobold
Jan 10, 2012

I love my Cutlass
I love big stompy mechs
I love my HOTAS
I love to salvage wrecks
I love Star Citizen, and all it's craziness
GOONDEYADA, GOONDEYADA, GOONDEYADA
College Slice
Hell even Christ Roberts himself is on record of being vehemently against limited sales, but he was over ruled by Sandi.

Amarcarts
Feb 21, 2007

This looks a lot like suffering.

@5:15 - How's that eSports project coming along?

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

G0RF posted:

quote:

quote:
"I'd rather have delays than rushed poo poo."
The much delayed Baby PU 2.0 is rushed poo poo; expect to get a lot more just like it in the future. The distant future.

Here's the thing, there's nothing "persistent" about it. In fact, Chris and minions have been very careful about calling it the PU anything. Despite this tripe from Citizens Conned

Wyld
Sep 2, 2015

Fun Shoe
Not sure if this is real or just a great black Friday trailer but thought the opening of this game on steam has a nice perspective on SC

http://store.steampowered.com/app/323380/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crash74
May 11, 2009
it's one giant leap for video games lol

• Locked thread