Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Samizdata
May 14, 2007

Wise Learned Man posted:

Can't you sign out of Twitter for five seconds instead of whining every time?

Just saying, we screenshot everything else. And, as some of us have sacrificed our ability to see said feeds because we fought the good fight, maybe some consideration is in order.

Taxes paid.

Samizdata fucked around with this message at 21:06 on Oct 14, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

Here's one:

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

See, I admire someone with a sense of humor and some style.

Chalks
Sep 30, 2009

Has the thread been holding its breath or something?

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

whoa what are all those extra buttons on yours?!?!

e: oh that must be that thing the NSA Melkor uses to track us.

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

Ol Cactus Dick posted:

it's the MeLKoR addon

ZenMaster
Jan 24, 2006

I Saved PC Gaming

his nibs
Feb 27, 2016

:kayak:Welcome to the:kayak:
Dream Factory
:kayak:
Grimey Drawer

"Zany"

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

It's yet another day in the wasteland.

“Embarrassing”

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

Just got the FedEx notification that his RealDoll is arriving a day early.

marumaru
May 20, 2013

Is this miku-san

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Actual panhandling is less demeaning.

Go-Gurt For Dinner
Jul 8, 2013

I fully appreciate the context now.

He's a twat.

Plural Abysss
Feb 25, 2016
I like Capt Richard. He's not afraid to go full retard.

ripptide
Jul 28, 2016

I'm sure Chris is proud of the type of fan he's keeping.

ZenMaster
Jan 24, 2006

I Saved PC Gaming

Plural Abysss posted:

I like Capt Richard. He's not afraid to go full retard.

Apparently Clifford (AKA MIKU) married to FalltheCatHerder some Blizzard employee and they both love purple things and spending money on SC. Clifford is 42k deep.

That is like the just shy of average salary in America for a YEAR

i keep mixing up clifford and captrichards

ZenMaster fucked around with this message at 21:28 on Oct 14, 2016

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

Inacio posted:

Is this miku-san

No, this is a different one. He just looks similar because he has a beard and is an idiot.

I watched his stream for about five minutes and there's constantly retarded noises and stupid graphical poo poo happening on the screen. It's like his target audience is 4 year olds with ADHD. I would have sent him :tenbux: to make it stop but luckily all I had to do was call him a twat and close the window.

thatguy
Feb 5, 2003
Still less hand gestures than Chris.

XK
Jul 9, 2001

Star Citizen is everywhere. It is all around us. Even now, in this very room. You can see it's fidelity when you look out your window or when you watch youtube

Samizdata posted:

See, I admire someone with a sense of humor and some style.

I feel like we're about to start a hall of mirrors on these posts.

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

Ol Cactus Dick posted:

e: oh that must be that thing the NSA Melkor uses to track us.

Daztek posted:

it's the MeLKoR addon

Nah, I use SALR. The editor makes my life easier.

XK
Jul 9, 2001

Star Citizen is everywhere. It is all around us. Even now, in this very room. You can see it's fidelity when you look out your window or when you watch youtube

scrubs season six posted:

No, this is a different one. He just looks similar because he has a beard and is an idiot.

I watched his stream for about five minutes and there's constantly retarded noises and stupid graphical poo poo happening on the screen. It's like his target audience is 4 year olds with ADHD. I would have sent him :tenbux: to make it stop but luckily all I had to do was call him a twat and close the window.

Was the stream full of fart sound effects? If it wasn't, count yourself lucky. Far too many of the medium and lower tier SC streamers are completely obsessed with farts. I'm not even slightly exaggerating.

TheLightPurges
Sep 24, 2016

by exmarx
Wasnt there supposed to be a hotshit special ATV today

Tank Boy Ken
Aug 24, 2012
J4G for life
Fallen Rib

TheLightPurges posted:

It's getting refactored.

Go-Gurt For Dinner
Jul 8, 2013

Tank Boy Ken posted:

It's getting refactored.

To just "poo poo".

Blue On Blue
Nov 14, 2012

In his defense that's not uncommon for twitch

Most of the new streamers have a gimmick and try to stick to it

Be it pirate themed , or beard clan or other stupid poo poo

I mean they're entertainers at the end of the day so whatever brings in the views

I noticed many of the long time streamers I watch that have been successful for more than 2 or 3 years , have gone away from the super complicated streams mostly , and even face cams

Just gameplay and voice over. Simple

ripptide
Jul 28, 2016

TheLightPurges posted:

EightAce posted:

Wow. They couldn't even get the sq42 capture ready .

This is really depressing now

We are experiencing technical difficulties, please stand by (for two weeks).

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

Sappo569 posted:

In his defense that's not uncommon for twitch

Most of the new streamers have a gimmick and try to stick to it

Be it pirate themed , or beard clan or other stupid poo poo

I mean they're entertainers at the end of the day so whatever brings in the views

I noticed many of the long time streamers I watch that have been successful for more than 2 or 3 years , have gone away from the super complicated streams mostly , and even face cams

Just gameplay and voice over. Simple

People on twitch should just have a woman badly faking an orgasm every time someone gives them money, like Chaturbate.

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

ripptide posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4E6Za0uP0wk

Raskolnikov
Nov 25, 2003

People on twitch should just have a woman badly faking an orgasm every time someone gives them money, like Chaturbate.
I would disagree. My friend has the little Zelda song when you get loot. It's cute and fun.

Blue On Blue
Nov 14, 2012

The one stream I've enjoyed over the years doesn't even have a donation alert , never has.

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

Raskolnikov posted:

Is there an after? I am racking my brain here just trying to figure out how there is a before and (an after?) and how that might improve things. I am not seeing how any of it works.

:confused:

The aftermath is that it got bloated and stuck, and he ran to the emergency room and now all the doctors are laughing at him while also charging him tons of money.

It makes him feel at peace and like he belongs though, because CIG is also laughing at him while charging him tons of money.

TheLightPurges
Sep 24, 2016

by exmarx

quote:

It would all just be hot air and "promises" if it were not for the actual tangible assets they have already created. Coming into Alpha 2.5 really expanded what I thought was even possible yet and now after seeing the "v.2" planetary tech I am very happy to wait for them to do it right.

TheLightPurges
Sep 24, 2016

by exmarx

ripptide posted:

Seriously though they canned it? Like they announced the special ATV only a few days ago.

Kakarot
Jul 20, 2013

by zen death robot
Buglord

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

The Kins posted:

It is in the World Video Game Hall of Fame at The Strong National Museum of Play in New York, alongside such games as Pac-Man, Doom, Space Invaders, The Sims and GTA3. Not bad company to be in, right? Pity Star Citizen will never join their side, and instead end up in this museum...
please be sure to like and subsume to my channel

That's good. Those games all deserve to be there. I actually did play Doom and I'm not even the best marketer in the world. :)

Star Citizen will be in lots of things though. As being infamous, scammy, dirty, and it will also turn Moleneuxs career around as he sees exactly how terrible what he does actually is to people as he experiences it through Star Citizen and Chris Roberts. He may decide he needs to actually make a good game again. :3:

Dementropy
Aug 23, 2010

TheLightPurges posted:

Seriously though they canned it? Like they announced the special ATV only a few days ago.

It's just a game marketing mode.

ripptide
Jul 28, 2016

TheLightPurges posted:

Sorry, the "two weeks" was a poor attempt at a joke. Only know that EightAce mentioned last night that they were having issues.

MedicineHut
Feb 25, 2016

ewe2 posted:

Apologies if it's been posted, but this got put out and the Citizens are wisely nodding their heads:

http://www.gamesindustry.biz/articles/2016-10-14-the-merits-of-star-citizens-development-openness

It seems to be a lot of BS designed to curry favour with the Crobbers, on the slight pro that SC's fans are "happy".

"... compared to almost any other major developer, they are being incredibly open and honest about what's happening in their creative process"

:cawg:

"... there's a good reason people don't build sausage factories with glass walls"

TOP.NOTCH.INVESTIGATIVE.JOURNALISM.

TOP.NOTCH.

MedicineHut fucked around with this message at 22:29 on Oct 14, 2016

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

trucutru posted:

https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen/comments/5795m8/chris_you_like_bombers_we_get_it_long_discussion/

Chris, you like bombers, we get it.

Let me be brief

And furthermore...

It also has to be said that

Ok i tried to read this. (Good layout by the way) But i've got a little lost at the second quote. So let me write a bit

TL;DR: I bought a $750 piece of crap and now I am feeling kind of guilty about it. Wouldn't it be great if it was just like *I* want it to be?

645 comments, with around fifty essays. All discussing the pros and cons about a ship that not only does not exist, but it won't be out when the game is finally release (best estimate they have: mid 2018) because it is not a priority.

These people do need a game to consume their lives.

:lol: if you read all that crap.

This is nice. :allears:

Have faith though, by the time it gets closer to being in the hangar it will be a single seat fighter. This is basically the only gameplay CIG might be able to pull off.

After all it's just a concept right now. Everything is subject to change.

Oh also don't forget the next concept two or three concept sales from now where they make the Fuckoff 5000, which is like everything you thought the Polaris should be. No you can't melt for it. New money only bro. Don't stop the addiction now! :monocle:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MedicineHut
Feb 25, 2016

wtfdidijustwatch

• Locked thread