Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
orcinus
Feb 25, 2016

Fun Shoe
Sweet potatos are the Star Citizen of vegetables.
They are trying to be too many things at the same time, and failing at all of them.

e: well poo poo

orcinus fucked around with this message at 23:16 on Nov 23, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Propagandist
Oct 23, 2007

orcinus posted:

Sweet potatos are horrible.

Beer or Beet, please do the honors.

Blue On Blue
Nov 14, 2012

orcinus posted:

That's a pretty awesome hardshell.
Too bad i already splurged on a TAD Gear hoodie.

TAD gear is good for all your operatin' needs

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

orcinus posted:

MODS?!

also, yes citizens, this is the kind of thing you need to be focusing on after all this time, loving hangar flair

Pilz
Jul 25, 2016
Grimey Drawer

Beet Wagon posted:

Lol sweet potato casserole is a super common holiday dish in America. I usually use mini marshmallows though because they're fun and also for hot chocolate.

Is it? My mom's family is N'awlins based but I've never heard of it outside of our family. I assumed other people did it, but figured it wasn't widespread.

Percelus
Sep 9, 2012

My command, your wish is

what exactly happened with wolf larsen and the :airquote: mutineers :airquote:?

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

stop the fucking fight, cornerman, your dude is fucking done and is about to be killed.

Raskolnikov posted:

:same:

Fuzzknot wasn't bad. I think you all just flipped your collective poo poo because sexism. I wouldn't stick around either. Bootcha was fun but he's going to pick his SO over some dead gay comedy forum.

Even this thread that has proven itself on countless occasions to be completely ignorant of the concept of irony had to acknowledge that fuzzknot was the Sandi of the thread lmao

Blue On Blue
Nov 14, 2012

This is good

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

Pilz posted:

Is it? My mom's family is N'awlins based but I've never heard of it outside of our family. I assumed other people did it, but figured it wasn't widespread.

Maybe it's more of a midwest/west coast thing? We've always had it at Thanksgiving and Christmas. I've stopped making it though, I prefer to just roast them with honey and cinnamon.

Hopper
Dec 28, 2004

BOOING! BOOING!
Grimey Drawer

Pilz posted:

Yup seems common, just spotted a recipe in the thanksgiving special on serious eats today while checking out their sous vide Turkey porchetta recipe.

Pilz
Jul 25, 2016
Grimey Drawer

Percelus posted:

what exactly happened with wolf larsen and the :airquote: mutineers :airquote:?

IIRC? They thought he was giving them a lovely deal (he probably was) and decided to take their company name and go home. Home being their own INN. Drama began shortly after, with them claiming Wolf had said they could use the name and no hard feelings and wolf reneging on 'the deal' and demanding $5000 and 25% of the company as a silent partner or he'd sue those nasty people.

Pilz
Jul 25, 2016
Grimey Drawer

Hopper posted:

Yup seems common, just spotted a recipe in the thanksgiving special on serious eats today while checking out their sous vide Turkey pancetta recipe.

Well poo poo. I'm not special. Maybe buying an Idris will make me feel better.

Sabreseven
Feb 27, 2016

Fixed to be more accurate. :D

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

orcinus posted:

orcinus posted:

Chunky peanut butter, sriracha and swiss cheese.

Opinion Invalid

Gradis
Feb 27, 2016

GAPE APE

dooo eet

Gradis
Feb 27, 2016

GAPE APE

orcinus posted:

this guy talks sense.

Blue On Blue
Nov 14, 2012

Pilz posted:

IIRC? They thought he was giving them a lovely deal (he probably was) and decided to take their company name and go home. Home being their own INN. Drama began shortly after, with them claiming Wolf had said they could use the name and no hard feelings and wolf reneging on 'the deal' and demanding $5000 and 25% of the company as a silent partner or he'd sue those nasty people.

Who wants 25% of nothing ? Does he think they'll turn into some overnight media sensation ?

And next up we have .... the homely looking pudgy 30 year old , he mumbles a lot. Enjoy !

Morningwoodpecker
Jan 17, 2016

I DIDN'T THINK IT WAS POSSIBLE FOR SOMEONE TO BE THIS STUPID

BUT HERE YOU ARE

Marching Powder posted:

Even this thread that has proven itself on countless occasions to be completely ignorant of the concept of irony had to acknowledge that fuzzknot was the Sandi of the thread lmao

No mate, that would be you.

TheLightPurges
Sep 24, 2016

by exmarx

Pilz posted:

The leavers also vandalized the original site. Copy pasted all the content onto their new site. Named themselves inn, legally distinct from INN.

And stole the patreon accounts. So literal theft lol. Their defense of which was that the patreon was for INN content creators. lol

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

~MY BOYFRIEND~

his nibs
Feb 27, 2016

:kayak:Welcome to the:kayak:
Dream Factory
:kayak:
Grimey Drawer

Gradis posted:

this guy talks sense.

stop this filth

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

stop the fucking fight, cornerman, your dude is fucking done and is about to be killed.

Morningwoodpecker posted:

No mate, that would be you.

Good one

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

~immerses marching powder in liquid nitrogen~

hope that helps deal with the burn, sir

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

Samizdata posted:

Actually, they are pretty happy together. I know their non-goon identities and we keep in touch on The Book of Faces.

This makes me happy. It's like getting closure on something I never figured I'd know how it all turned out. Thank you, friend. :)

Evil_Greven
Feb 20, 2007

Whadda I got to,
whadda I got to do
to wake ya up?

To shake ya up,
to break the structure up!?
I have the best treat. Well, it's my mom's, but it's an impossible combination of really easy, quick, and good.
She calls them "Hello Dollies"

What you need:
(1) Stick of salted butter
(1) Can of Sweetened Condensed Milk
(1) Bag of Semi-sweet Chocolate Chips
(1) Box of Graham Crackers
*various nuts can be added, or coconut if desired*

Oh and: a cake pan (we use 9"x13"), measuring cup, spoon, and pot holder/rag.

1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
2. Put stick of butter in cake pan, and stick it in oven - DON'T LET IT BURN! If it isn't all melted soon, take the pan out briefly and stir/cut up the remaining solid butter with a spoon.
3. Once it's all melted, take the pan out and pour 1 2/3 cup of graham crackers into pan.
4. Stir pan to evenly distribute WET graham crackers as a crust, then pat it down gently.
5. Pour can of condensed milk evenly across the pan to make a solid layer on top of the graham crackers - scrape it out of the can to empty it totally.
6. Sprinkle bag of chocolate chips evenly on to of the layer of condensed milk.
7. Put pan back in oven for 20 minutes.
8. Check at 20 minutes to see if fully baked, may need a few more minutes to cook fully; should be a brown-gold color, edges should NOT be burned.
9. loving DONE. Well, okay, you wait for it to cool and cut it up - but otherwise done.

Evil_Greven fucked around with this message at 23:49 on Nov 23, 2016

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

Raskolnikov posted:

:same:

Fuzzknot wasn't bad. I think you all just flipped your collective poo poo because sexism. I wouldn't stick around either. Bootcha was fun but he's going to pick his SO over some dead gay comedy forum.

No, it wasn't sexism. I never once said anything to her because I was kind of afraid of being accused of just that but her posts became increasingly cringeworthy with time. That last "I'ma kill that bitch" was the culmination of a long process. I never knew Fuzzknot as anything other than "Bootcha's girlfriend" because that was exclusively what she posted as.

Kakarot
Jul 20, 2013

by zen death robot
Buglord

Solarin posted:

Bootcha was gonna take us places we can only imagine then everybody ran off Fuzzknot just for saying WHAT EVERYONE WAS THINKING (would kill that bitch etc). Come back and dish some more dirt god dammit!

lol what

But yea...come back Bootcha!!!!

Ash1138
Sep 29, 2001

Get up, chief. We're just gettin' started.

Evil_Greven posted:

I have the best treat. Well, it's my mom's, but it's an impossible combination of really easy, quick, and good.
She calls them "Hello Dollies"

What you need:
(1) Stick of salted butter
(1) Can of Sweetened Condensed Milk
(1) Bag of Semi-sweet Chocolate Chips
(1) Box of Graham Crackers
*various nuts can be added, or coconut if desired*

Oh and: a cake pan (we use 9"x13"), measuring cup, spoon, and pot holder/rag.

1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
2. Put stick of butter in cake pan, and stick it in oven - DON'T LET IT BURN! If it isn't all melted soon, take the pan out briefly and stir/cut up the remaining solid butter with a spoon.
3. Once it's all melted, take the pan out and pour 1 2/3 cup of graham crackers into pan.
4. Stir pan to evenly distribute WET graham crackers as a crust, then pat it down gently.
5. Pour can of condensed milk evenly across the pan to make a solid layer on top of the graham crackers - scrape it out of the can to empty it totally.
6. Sprinkle bag of chocolate chips evenly on to of the layer of condensed milk.
7. Put pan back in oven for 20 minutes.
8. Check at 20 minutes to see if fully baked, may need a few more minutes to cook fully; should be a brown-gold color, edges should NOT be burned.
9. loving DONE. Well, okay, you wait for it to cool and cut it up - but otherwise done.

i call them "hello diabetes"

Solarin
Nov 15, 2007

Marching Powder posted:

After putting some thought into this I choose Seraph as the thread's Sandi. Nobody else comes close to being that damaged and dangerous

Pilz
Jul 25, 2016
Grimey Drawer

TheLightPurges posted:

The leavers also vandalized the original site. Copy pasted all the content onto their new site. Named themselves inn, legally distinct from INN.

And stole the patreon accounts. So literal theft lol. Their defense of which was that the patreon was for INN content creators. lol

Part of the pateron thing was supposedly they were getting paid out of that and Wolf wasn't, I thought. I remember speculation that wolf was getting paid by CIG and the content creators were in the dark and basically working for free.

Evil_Greven
Feb 20, 2007

Whadda I got to,
whadda I got to do
to wake ya up?

To shake ya up,
to break the structure up!?

Ash1138 posted:

You should see the fuckers who add sugar to it.

I mean, Jesus Christ.

orcinus
Feb 25, 2016

Fun Shoe

Ash1138 posted:

"Hello Bens"

orcinus
Feb 25, 2016

Fun Shoe

TheLightPurges posted:

Mutineers, dammit!
Had they denounced the teachings of Chris, they'd be leavers.

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

Solarin posted:

After putting some thought into this I choose Seraph as the thread's Sandi. Nobody else comes close to being that damaged and dangerous

I'm not saying she was the thread's Sandi because I disliked her, but because she was a primary source of malevolent tedium tolerated only because of

Ol Cactus Dick posted:

~MY BOYFRIEND~

I liked bootcha. He was a wonderful source of information and entertainment, but fuzzknot was so relentlessly loving bad when they left I considered the trade off to be pretty close to fair.

Berious
Nov 13, 2005
Fuzznot was fine. The thread tolerates much worse in gimmick posting. She deserved that probation but the thread turning on her was lovely. This thread needs drama or it will eat its own for example uncle Derek

Wrecked Angle
May 12, 2012

"JURASSIC PARK!"

Marching Powder posted:

I'm not saying she was the thread's Sandi because I disliked her, but because she was a primary source of malevolent tedium tolerated only because of

I liked bootcha. He was a wonderful source of information and entertainment, but fuzzknot was so relentlessly loving bad when they left I considered the trade off to be pretty close to fair.

Yeah, I dunno what was going on with :fuzzknot: tbh. I don't know whether her proximity to the whole situation (remember that Bootcha was an actual investor in this shitshow so she was a hell of a lot closer to this whole mess than any of us) made her publicly flip her poo poo about Sandi or if she was just posting like that to try and fit in with the gently caress CIG mentality.

Either way, it's probably no bad thing that her and this thread parted ways.

Berious posted:

Fuzznot was fine. The thread tolerates much worse in gimmick posting. She deserved that probation but the thread turning on her was lovely. This thread needs drama or it will eat its own for example uncle Derek

Well, if Bootcha could have quietly suggested to her that she didn't need to mention him in every single one her posts that might have been a start. The ~my boyfriend~ poo poo was really grating.

Wrecked Angle fucked around with this message at 00:14 on Nov 24, 2016

D1E
Nov 25, 2001

Berious posted:

This thread needs drama or it will eat its own

Goons gonna goon.

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

Berious posted:

Fuzznot was fine. The thread tolerates much worse in gimmick posting.

No. To get run out of this thread for lovely posting you have to be something special. I want bootcha back too but she was one of the worst posters I've ever seen and I've been reading this thread for a year. Anyone who is fine with fuzzknot posting here has no grounds to laugh when cig shits into backers mouths and they just gobble it up without complaint. She was a truly miserable experience to scroll past.

orcinus
Feb 25, 2016

Fun Shoe

Wrecked Angle posted:

Yeah, I dunno what was going on with :fuzzknot: tbh. I don't know whether her proximity to the whole situation (remember that Bootcha was an actual investor in this shitshow so she was a hell of a lot closer to this whole mess than any of us) made her publicly flip her poo poo about Sandi or if she was just posting like that to try and fit in with the gently caress CIG mentality.

The latter, i'd say.

I lurked a lot at the time, so can't really be sure, but it looked like a very very clear ramp-up in intensity.
She'd start making GBS threads on Sandi, goons would laugh and cheer, she'd poo poo more, etc. in an eternal positive feedback loop until the inevitable meltdown (that, honestly, seemed a bit like a drunk outburst more than anything).

I might be misremembering/confabulating things, though, my memory is poo poo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

D1E
Nov 25, 2001

Marching Powder posted:

No. To get run out of this thread for lovely posting you have to be something special. I want bootcha back too but she was one of the worst posters I've ever seen and I've been reading this thread for a year. Anyone who is fine with fuzzknot posting here has no grounds to laugh when cig shits into backers mouths and they just gobble it up without complaint. She was a truly miserable experience to scroll past.

Mostly all I remember up until her epic meltdown was that she played thread sheriff all the time and tried to change the subject when the thread got "weird" or "creepy" by posting crochet bullshit literally no one gave a gently caress about. Aside from the one billion "my boyfriend Bootcha" posts.

• Locked thread