Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Fatkraken
Jun 23, 2005

Fun-time is over.

ManofManyAliases posted:

What do you shoot,

Beer

quote:

and what for?

The Beer God

duh.

TAXXE

Capercaillie, scarce in scotland, related to grouse but huge.

Fatkraken fucked around with this message at 23:31 on Nov 28, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!
alright since nobody else will apparently say it, i will

this avatar haunts my loving dreams

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

ManofManyAliases posted:

What do you shoot, and what for?

I shoot paper. Mostly. I shoot because I find the act of launching projectiles out of a metal tube via the rapid combustion of energetic materials to be entertaining.

I have also hunted, but not as much as I would like. Venison is delicious and being outdoors is fun.

Wrecked Angle
May 12, 2012

"JURASSIC PARK!"

ManofManyAliases posted:

I wouldn't want to join anyway. If I did, he'd recognize my voice in an instant.

Maybe you could use one of those voice changer things. I've heard there's one out there which made an 18 year old squeaky voiced girl sound just like a 35 year old Norwegian neckbeard.

NVB
Jan 23, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Wrecked Angle posted:

Maybe you could use one of those voice changer things. I've heard there's one out there which made an 18 year old squeaky voiced girl sound just like a 35 year old Norwegian neckbeard.

:drat:

tooterfish
Jul 13, 2013

Star Citizen: "that's short for retard"

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

alf_pogs posted:

hello yes i'm doctor idiot MD and it looks like you are suffering from what we call "blue balls syndrome"

I don't know if it was actually that funny or if I'm just totally broken today but I laughed for like five minutes at "hello yes i'm doctor idiot MD"

Sarsapariller
Aug 14, 2015

Occasional vampire queen

Sarsapariller posted:

You've pledged your taste buds to earn your Citizenchips.

Now it's our turn.

We, the Choc Chipizen team at DSNABA, hereby promise to deliver the cookies you expect. You, the tens of dozens of readers, have allowed us to cut out Big Cookie and build these cookies on our terms. To let us focus on quality free of the pressure to deliver now, or ever. To nurture a new original baked IP. To put taste ahead of logic, consistency, or ethics.

We, the Baker, intend to treat you with the same respect we would give an investor. You will receive regular updates about the progress of our cookies. We will do a show and tell for each major milestone. Your voice will be heard and represented in our development docs and our feature wish list. You will see art and video and learn about how we intend to implement baked good mechanics well before the rest of the world. The website will be updated and the community will be maintained. Though the limitations of technology may slow us, we will always do the best for you: if it breaks, we will fix it.

There may be delays and there may be changes; we recognize that such things are inevitable and would be lying to you if we claimed otherwise. But when this happens, we will treat you with the respect you deserve rather than spending your clicks on public relations. When we need to change a recipe or alter something you believe should be in the cookie, we will tell you exactly why.

Your support over the past day has been incredible. You've done your part, and now we will do our utmost to live up to your expectations. We will build you the cookie you are dreaming about.

Signed,
Sarsapariller and the Choc Chipizen team.

A preview of our first cookie, the DSNABA Big-Ol' RocketShip

The DSNABA Big-Ol' RocketShip comes standard with a Tyler R23 sugar matrix, containing four TR5 and eight TR3 chip clusters, providing outstanding taste and fidelitous mouthfeel in any
condition the dining room can throw at you. Four additional baked good modifier slots can give you that extra edge in crispness, moisture, or baking time that make the Big-Ol' Rocketship a truly customized eating experience.

XK
Jul 9, 2001

Star Citizen is everywhere. It is all around us. Even now, in this very room. You can see it's fidelity when you look out your window or when you watch youtube

Anita Sarkeesian would've had this guy banned weeks ago, and had an interview about it.

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

Sarsapariller posted:

You've pledged your taste buds to earn your Citizenchips.

Now it's our turn.

We, the Choc Chipizen team at DSNABA, hereby promise to deliver the cookies you expect. You, the tens of dozens of readers, have allowed us to cut out Big Cookie and build these cookies on our terms. To let us focus on quality free of the pressure to deliver now, or ever. To nurture a new original baked IP. To put taste ahead of logic, consistency, or ethics.

We, the Baker, intend to treat you with the same respect we would give an investor. You will receive regular updates about the progress of our cookies. We will do a show and tell for each major milestone. Your voice will be heard and represented in our development docs and our feature wish list. You will see art and video and learn about how we intend to implement baked good mechanics well before the rest of the world. The website will be updated and the community will be maintained. Though the limitations of technology may slow us, we will always do the best for you: if it breaks, we will fix it.

There may be delays and there may be changes; we recognize that such things are inevitable and would be lying to you if we claimed otherwise. But when this happens, we will treat you with the respect you deserve rather than spending your clicks on public relations. When we need to change a recipe or alter something you believe should be in the cookie, we will tell you exactly why.

Your support over the past day has been incredible. You've done your part, and now we will do our utmost to live up to your expectations. We will build you the cookie you are dreaming about.

Signed,
Sarsapariller and the Choc Chipizen team.

Fatkraken posted:

I think there are some cookies out which already have those ingredients. I might make a blog about it.

Here's a shot of the preparations in our LA location:

Now I know what you're thinking: "Spacetoaster, hamburger helper wasn't designed to make cookies."

Normally, you'd be right. But with the team I'm putting together we'll be able to customize the hamburger helper into a cookie batter. Just you wait and see.

XK
Jul 9, 2001

Star Citizen is everywhere. It is all around us. Even now, in this very room. You can see it's fidelity when you look out your window or when you watch youtube

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

The bad news is that I am no longer a Bomber Bro.

The good news is that I now have enough cash to buy a scope for my rifle.

Life is good.

I would like to come shoot your guns.

Derek's already said I can have a ride in his Tesla. I could make a road trip out of it.

Maybe I could hang out with Kayak, too. I hope that Beet Wagon guy doesn't try to tag along.

ManofManyAliases
Mar 21, 2016
ToastOfManySmarts

Can't post for 3 hours!

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

I shoot paper. Mostly. I shoot because I find the act of launching projectiles out of a metal tube via the rapid combustion of energetic materials to be entertaining.

I have also hunted, but not as much as I would like. Venison is delicious and being outdoors is fun.

I shoot paper and steel. Once in a blue moon, deer. What's your setup? I'll share mine:

Deer / Paper (big holes): Remington R700 5R Milspec, Vortex Viper PST 4-14 50mm obj.
Deer / Paper (many holes): Remington 870 Marine Magnum SS with Trijicon Tritium sights, SBE follower, LE extension.
Rodent / Paper (small holes): Ruger 10/22 SS, Bushnell TRS-25 Red Dot, TechSights TSR200 irons

And, I'll be grabbing a P226 in the upcoming months.

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

lol Choc Chipizen is already a more fun game than Star Citizen, and it only started development like two hours ago.

XK posted:

Derek's already said I can have a ride in his Tesla. I could make a road trip out of it.

Maybe I could hang out with Kayak, too. I hope that Beet Wagon guy doesn't try to tag along.

That's fine but you gotta take Legman too.

XK
Jul 9, 2001

I'll come shoot your guns too, MoMA.

Beet Wagon posted:

That's fine but you gotta take Legman too.

Kayak and I can "Weekend at Bernie's" it. We'll make cookies, too.

Dementropy
Aug 23, 2010

D_Smart posted:

https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen/comments/5fe69h/heresy_and_the_fan_boy/

"REACH DEEP AND DONATE UNTIL IT HURTS! PRAISE THE SPACE LORDS!! YOUR PLEDGE WILL BLESS YOU WITH A NEW SPACESHIP"

There is no friendlier community around than the SC community.

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

Ok, the cookies are re-factoring right now.

There are many kinds of cookies. You probably can't tell from the .jpgs but some cookies have nuts, and some don't. Some are big, and some are small.

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

don't play the Named My Figurative Card Too Long Of A Thing card

Fatkraken
Jun 23, 2005

Fun-time is over.

spacetoaster posted:

Here's a shot of the preparations in our LA location:

Now I know what you're thinking: "Spacetoaster, hamburger helper wasn't designed to make cookies."

Normally, you'd be right. But with the team I'm putting together we'll be able to customize the hamburger helper into a cookie batter. Just you wait and see.

These cookies biscuits are available right now from an established British biscuit developer historically based in Cambridge*, city of learning. also they're super sparkly.

*this is actually true, I grew up just outside Cambridge and went to sixth form like a mile from the old Acornsoft HQ I think.

aleksendr
May 14, 2014

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

I shoot deer, with bow and arrows. My ratio of "Cost of arrows lost" to "Poud of venison eaten" indicate i should find a less costly hobby, but when you eat the wood fire cooked sweetbreads of a deer you just shot (after, like, 10 opportunites in the last 2 years) everything feel right with the world.

aleksendr fucked around with this message at 00:02 on Nov 29, 2016

aleksendr
May 14, 2014
Double post. Weird. Sorry.

Harold Stassen
Jan 24, 2016
If they have all these dumb alien races, what race were the sand people in the Citcon demo? Another distinct race or humans or what? Bet they didn't think that through!

aleksendr
May 14, 2014

cool new Polack jokes posted:

If they have all these dumb alien races, what race were the sand people in the Citcon demo? Another distinct race or humans or what? Bet they didn't think that through!

They are the fabled Tposian from the Staticobj system. Dangerous marksmen, but they have a strange code of honor that prevent them from moving when you look at them.

Harold Stassen
Jan 24, 2016

This looks godly and really delicious except for the little hair on the top right wing

(as a pet owner I also find the odd cat/dog hair)

Fatkraken
Jun 23, 2005

Fun-time is over.

cool new Polack jokes posted:

This looks godly and really delicious except for the little hair on the top right wing

(as a pet owner I also find the odd cat/dog hair)

yeah the hair was bugging me too, though it's more likely to be faux fur (I've been making winter hats for Etsy) which is a little less unpleasant.

DapperDon
Sep 7, 2016

D_Smart posted:

Hey MoMa, now that you're back....

They're pegging this week. Agent wasn't quite right that StarMarine is ready to go, but I'm not allowed to speak more than that.

:smuggo:

ps: https://www.diffchecker.com/ucNCNlQy

pps: FYI, I advocated for FAU not to ban you for that doxxing poo poo you did a few months back. You're welcome
[/quote]

Okay now. As someone that does not know what in the hell this is. Can you tell me what this is?

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

Lube banjo posted:

Things just got serious guys

gently caress! Not the space forklift! :argh:

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

Ok. Basic cookies are done.

Here is the entry level cook:

Now this one, this is your best cook for your money. It's got sprinkles.

If you aren't a space plebe you're gonna want to have this next cookie. (Only 5,000 available)

*fake edit* Beer, is this an acceptable entry for the challenge?!?!?!

DapperDon
Sep 7, 2016

Coolguye posted:

chip has your backs:

Is that an Australian Shepard?

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!

XK posted:

Anita Sarkeesian would've had this guy banned weeks ago, and had an interview about it.

he likely just hasn't been reported, or at least not in this light. i tend to be fairly thick skinned about kill yourself comments since i grew up during the internet phase when that was the normal proscribed way to inform someone you disagreed with their taste in breakfast cereal but even by those standards the pattern is kinda concerning

DapperDon posted:

yes! i occasionally post pictures of him as kayak's brown-eyed brother from another mother. he's definitely not purebred, though, because

tails like that are not an aussie trait. his big poofy tail and his preference for cold temperatures (he literally lays down in snow and smiles) make me think he's got some husky of some sort in him

Coolguye fucked around with this message at 00:29 on Nov 29, 2016

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

The bad news is that I am no longer a Bomber Bro.

The good news is that I now have enough cash to buy a scope for my rifle.

Life is good.

You went for the final refund?

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

Beet Wagon posted:

This is what Star Citizens have to be excited about for 2017. :smithicide:

How about the gameplay? Any of that in the works?

Did the golf swing ever make it into the game? Or was it just another totally disconnected thing somebody shoehorned into one of the 60,000 branches and it will never be able to go live?

I'm hoping for Santaball for the holidays. That'd be a great way to say hello to Christmas instead of things like being happy with your family (since they're just sucking money you could be giving to the Roberts' after all).

Dreams ain't cheap brother!

Sunswipe
Feb 5, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

ManofManyAliases posted:

I shoot paper and steel. Once in a blue moon, deer. What's your setup? I'll share mine:

Deer / Paper (big holes): Remington R700 5R Milspec, Vortex Viper PST 4-14 50mm obj.
Deer / Paper (many holes): Remington 870 Marine Magnum SS with Trijicon Tritium sights, SBE follower, LE extension.
Rodent / Paper (small holes): Ruger 10/22 SS, Bushnell TRS-25 Red Dot, TechSights TSR200 irons

Preparing for the hordes of disappointed Citizens to lay siege to CIG Towers? Wise, very wise. I'd ditch the 10/22, though. Can't see .22 getting the level of penetration you'd need on the average Citizen.

Fooma
Oct 15, 2010

nom nom nom

DapperDon posted:

No it looks like an Autobody or Tire store

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Faith, belief, and hope. Backers never talk about what will be in the game because they don't know. I'm pretty sure CIG doesn't know either.

The more CIG knows and the backers know, the less dreams are possible.

Imagine if I told you Star Citizen will be a mediocre FPS game where you can shoot other players and NPCs, talk in a chat box, and perform emotes. The space portion allows you to shoot other players and NPCs and fly between the same 6 space station models and same 6 planet vistas where you can sell your goods for items marked with a >>> to show it is a good deal? Also the biggest player count on the same server instance is 42. And no, all 42 people can not be in a single location because of space magic. The NPCs register your presence by looking at you and saying "Seen any vanduul lately? Awful creatures!" while 10 feet away another player bunny hops past you in a T-pose.

Because my friend, at it's best that will probably be the Star Citizen experience. Six or seven years from now. And yes, the same promises made today will still be "almost done" even then.

How many dreams can you have there? Maybe lots? I guess it depends on if you can play a game and just stop at the immersive tutorial and literally spend 70 hours of time pretending the NPC working on the computer is really working on a computer, and you are helping them to develop Star Citizen II. And your role play name is Chris Roberts, a female Norwegian permanently 16 years old.

BinaryDoubts
Jun 6, 2013

Looking at it now, it really is disgusting. The flesh is transparent. From the start, I had no idea if it would even make a clapping sound. So I diligently reproduced everything about human hands, the bones, joints, and muscles, and then made them slap each other pretty hard.
I sincerely hope that someone at CIG is assigned to keep up with this thread and report back to Sandi or whoever.

"So? Are they still trying to encourage refunds?"
"Uh, well, they argued about something called FYAD for 100 pages -"
"FYAD?"
"I don't know either. I think it's like 4chan but for SomethingAwful?"
"And they hate Star Citizen too?"
"I think they mostly hate each other."
"Huh. Anything else?"
"Cookie recipes, mostly."
"Jesus Christ."

BinaryDoubts
Jun 6, 2013

Looking at it now, it really is disgusting. The flesh is transparent. From the start, I had no idea if it would even make a clapping sound. So I diligently reproduced everything about human hands, the bones, joints, and muscles, and then made them slap each other pretty hard.
ed: inexplicable double post

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

derek does not like pizza

one of the mods has a dog

sometimes, they post cats

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

XK posted:

Come to MD and we can make that happen.

ManofManyAliases posted:

Nice. I have a SA 1911 and Ruger Mark III for putting holes in paper that gets too close, a Mossberg 590A1 for putting multiple holes in paper, a Saiga 12 for the occasion when I find myself surrounded by paper, a SKS for shooting communist paper, and I'm building an AR-15 with a 20" bull barrel, Magpul PRS, Stag Arms lower, AP upper, and SWFA SS 10X42 for paper that is foolish to stand around in the distance.

Occasionally I also get to shoot clay, which is a ton of fun with a magazine fed riot gun.

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to fool them all
One Ring to find them
One Ring to milk them all
and pockets fully line them
Grimey Drawer

Ol Cactus Dick posted:

I don't think you are allowed to call him on his blue balling bullshit and still get into his super secret ego stroking club.

My view on it is that a lot of the blue balling is intentional as this is the Star Citizen thread, CIG spent a good two years promising "2 weeks" and everyone should learn to be more sceptical of promises. Apart from that I think sometimes Derek just changes his mind, sometimes the situation changes, sometimes he gets distracted by something shiny and goes off on one.

Ultimately though what this comes down to is proof, "prove what you said is true" and nothing else will do. I think the clues are in the thread about things that have happened, Star Marine, the change on refunds being the most visible, but you've never going to get "proof" to satisfy you on things that haven't happened in public view, not until someone internal to CIG goes public and why would anyone ruin their career doing that? To me it would make more sense for employees to just get a job somewhere else, or wait until CIG goes bust.

Also at this point if you really need proof that CIG haven't a clue what they are doing I dunno what to tell you, as far as I'm aware the game patcher is still broke, the tutorial is still broken and they haven't patched anything since, what June?. I can understand why people get blue balled waiting for CIG to go bust but look at what's happening.

Total in November 2012: $4,367,877
Total in November 2013: $7,871,634
Total in November 2014: $6,101,678
Total in November 2015: $5,358,817
Total in November 2016(so far): $7,521,926

In 2016 with nothing of any level of competence released, they are going to match or exceed their income from the crazy days of the "end of LTI" sale in 2013. When any of us are judging what's going to happen you are dealing with a company that acts irrationally heavily supported with income from backers who are also acting irrationally.

Nothing I've just said is going to change your mind but afterwards, then I think it's going to be a lot more obvious to all why things happened as they did.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

aleksendr posted:

I shoot deer, with bow and arrows. My ratio of "Cost of arrows lost" to "Poud of venison eaten" indicate i should find a less costly hobby, but when you eat the wood fire cooked sweetbreads of a deer you just shot (after, like, 10 opportunites in the last 2 years) everything feel right with the world.

Still more cost effective than Internet spaceships. I only went hunting once but it was such an awesome experience that I would love to go again. Unfortunately the land I went hunting on stopped doing hunts.

• Locked thread