Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
aleksendr
May 14, 2014

tooterfish posted:

Let me just trek up the slopes of Mount Parnassus with a sack full of silver to see if we can puzzle out this mystery.

What does the Muses have to do with this ? Should we not head for Delphi ? Are we having troubles reading the map ?

aleksendr fucked around with this message at 22:45 on Dec 1, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wrecked Angle
May 12, 2012

"JURASSIC PARK!"

peter gabriel posted:

Dear diary, today I noted a most peculiar oddity with the female human species. It would appear that despite their best efforts they simply cannot differentiate the difference between their left and right.
Upon realising this I was most fascinated and it does make one wonder how the little poppets survive day to day life with such a disability! I had to chortle to myself as I awaited my suet pudding this afternoon. I will ponder this further this evening after I have finished the arduous task of burying my fine Parmesan cheese in the garden.

Hey, just a little 'life hack ' for any females reading this, if you clench a fist, hold out your left hand, point your index finger up and stick your thumb out it makes the shape of an 'L'. If you do the same with your right hand it will just be nothing (well, a reverse 'L').

e. like this...

tooterfish
Jul 13, 2013

aleksendr posted:

What does the Muses have to do with this ? Should we not head for Delphi ? Are we having troubles reading the map ?
Delphi is on Parnassus you dumb broad!

(isn't it? I thought it was)

ManofManyAliases
Mar 21, 2016
ToastOfManySmarts

Can't post for 3 hours!

AP posted:

What screen do you launch Star Marine from? I'm talking to a guy on reddit that says he's in evocati, has fully patched and he can't find it anywhere.

You launch it from "Electronic Access" screen on the main menu.

But, you won't be able to launch it right now since evocatis are about to get build 2.6b. Main servers are down until new build is pushed.

Ayn Marx
Dec 21, 2012

alf_pogs posted:

Star Citizen: Welcome to my ignore filter

This is good

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

ten more pages till the cyberdevil's page

DapperDon
Sep 7, 2016

Samizdata posted:

Yup. We have been going back and forth for days. (I am number one in the list.)

That was a good tag team. I enjoyed that one a lot.

BitBasher
Jun 6, 2004

You've got to know the rules before you can break 'em. Otherwise, it's no fun.

ManofManyAliases posted:

Beer-evocati are playing and testing it right now. Derek is saying it's not even in there.

To be fair, your quote from Sean Tracy does not say that it is in there now. It has tense problems in that regard. Sean Tracey's quote says "going to be helping" and not "is helping" or " are helping."

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

ManofManyAliases posted:

But, you won't be able to launch it right now since evocatis are about to get build 2.6b. Main servers are down until new build is pushed.

huh will 2.6b mysteriously roll back star marine for fine-tuning before wider release

his nibs
Feb 27, 2016

:kayak:Welcome to the:kayak:
Dream Factory
:kayak:
Grimey Drawer

Fatkraken posted:

throw MoMA from the tane

I feel this was overlooked

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

alf_pogs posted:

ten more pages till the cyberdevil's page

Satan himself stays away from this hellhole of despair.

ManofManyAliases
Mar 21, 2016
ToastOfManySmarts

Can't post for 3 hours!

BitBasher posted:

To be fair, your quote from Sean Tracy does not say that it is in there now. It has tense problems in that regard. Sean Tracey's quote says "going to be helping" and not "is helping" or " are helping."

the "reports" are going to help. Hence the next build going out soon.

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

Colostomy Bag posted:

Satan himself stays away from this hellhole of despair.

he doesn't want to risk being doxxed by a malcontent

Wrecked Angle
May 12, 2012

"JURASSIC PARK!"

Wrecked Angle posted:

Hey, just a little 'life hack ' for any females reading this, if you clench a fist, hold out your left hand, point your index finger up and stick your thumb out it makes the shape of an 'L'. If you do the same with your right hand it will just be nothing (well, a reverse 'L').

e. like this...

Awww gently caress, I've just realised that's a right hand.

The system is broken.

Sorry ladies, you're on your own.

his nibs
Feb 27, 2016

:kayak:Welcome to the:kayak:
Dream Factory
:kayak:
Grimey Drawer
MoMA truly is the saviour of PC belting

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
Sounds like the game is coming along nicely

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to fool them all
One Ring to find them
One Ring to milk them all
and pockets fully line them
Grimey Drawer

ManofManyAliases posted:

Can you check if the multiplayer Star Marine still works with build 2.6b when it comes up before I try explaining this to him?

aleksendr
May 14, 2014

tooterfish posted:

Delphi is on Parnassus you dumb broad!

(isn't it? I thought it was)

We are both correct. Delphi is on the slope, the Muses and the sacred fountain of Apollo are at the top. The "trek up" made me think we where aiming for the summit.

Greece is a small place.

crisp roberts
Oct 13, 2016
MOMA do you blog?

Kakarot
Jul 20, 2013

by zen death robot
Buglord

TheAgent posted:

I guess its both in the game and not in the game and playable and unplayable

the star citizen community is tearing itself aparrrttttttttttttttttttttt

Shut up, its good. 70-90 fps on the average machine!

2DCAT
Jun 25, 2015

pissssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssssss sssssssssssssssssss sssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssss ssssssssssssssssssssssssssss sssssssssssssss

Gravy Boat 2k

peter gabriel posted:

Footage of MoMMA's morning commute to CIG has surfaced

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XHQdpnYFl7k

more like this imo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HPLTBtWH4GQ

also, that's me at 0:45

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to fool them all
One Ring to find them
One Ring to milk them all
and pockets fully line them
Grimey Drawer

ManofManyAliases posted:

the "reports" are going to help. Hence the next build going out soon.

"There's a StarMarine logo on the same screen - "Arena Commander" logo but clicking it doesn't do anything"

That mean anything to you?

ManofManyAliases
Mar 21, 2016
ToastOfManySmarts

Can't post for 3 hours!

AP posted:

"There's a StarMarine logo on the same screen - "Arena Commander" logo but clicking it doesn't do anything"

That mean anything to you?

Servers just went down due to new build that should be coming soon.

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

The call is coming from inside Dr. House
Grimey Drawer

ManofManyAliases posted:

Servers just went down due to new build that should be coming soon.
moma we're probably talking to the same people!

Wrecked Angle
May 12, 2012

"JURASSIC PARK!"

2DCAT posted:

more like this imo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HPLTBtWH4GQ

also, that's me at 0:45

Looks a bit gay imo

TheGodofIris
Oct 12, 2016

None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free
tane

Propagandist
Oct 23, 2007

Mom, dad, dont fight

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

My Erocati sources tell me that if you attach a certain a peripheral to your machine then Star Marine is programmed to interact with it, rewarding you with a tugjob every single time you kill an enemy.

Prove me wrong Derek!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

aleksendr
May 14, 2014

Ghostlight posted:

My Erocati sources tell me that if you attach a certain a peripheral to your machine then Star Marine is programmed to interact with it, rewarding you with a tugjob every single time you kill an enemy.

Prove me wrong Derek!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

They unlocked the secret pirate dungeon .pak file.

Harold Stassen
Jan 24, 2016

D1E posted:

Is thread being gassed in 11 pages or not?

at 6665 actually :twisted:

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

Do this then let Moma make the new OP.

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

alf_pogs posted:

he doesn't want to risk being doxxed by a malcontent

Or perhaps he is playing Star Marine.

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

ManofManyAliases posted:

MoMa, before I place you on ignore, I would like to issue a statement saying why.

Since you appeared here and got on with the shilling, you have been an endless source of hilarity and excitement.

While we don't always see eye to eye, and despite the fact that back when I was mod and you were an incessantly annoying poo poo, and people asked me to ban you via a mod challenge, I refused. The reason being, annoying doesn't warrant such action.

Also, despite our differences, when we're not pissing about with Star Citizen, I have found you to be a pretty affable and hilarious guy; even amid the massive onslaught of derision that you get here.

So it brings me no pleasure today that I am going to set you to ignore (without setting to ignore those who quote you) because I feel that you have crossed that boundary between shill and blatant liar.

Now, to be fair, you have said that you don't have Evocati access, and that you are relying on third-party people you trust. However, the fact that you keep parroting that info as fact, even as I get derided for doing the same thing - despite the fact that I tend to be more right than wrong, makes you responsible.

That said, I want to go on the record with this, even as I sit atop this here hill that I am fully prepared to die on:

- Star Marine is not enabled for play in the 2.6 Evocati build that was pushed 48hrs ago. This is a fact.

- Star Marine, like Arena Commander, is accessible from the main menu, where it has always been.

- If the server is down and you try to connect/launch the game, you get an error warning (which I can simulate and post a screen shot if you'd like, since I know exactly what packets the client is sending. yay, Wireshark).

- The original version for 2.6.XXX is just that: 2.6. There is no a, b, or c

- The minor update they pushed shortly (some got it yesterday?) after 2.6, is a staggered minor update which, by all accounts, could be "b" (in your nomenclature)

Whatever they are about to push, won't be "b", that would be "c". Note that SC has never - ever used alphabets in their numbered builds.

- And the fact that they are about to push another update - according to you - so the game is inaccessible, is just plain FALSE. Just because they are doing a server-side push, doesn't prevent you from starting SC, then clicking on AC or SM icons. It doesn't work that way because SC is a client-server session based executable in which the client launches and can still run without ANY access to the server. This is why people can fire up the game, hack the files, and play SM off-line solo. That "waiting for player" message in the GUI is what I said above, about the client checking for a server connection to match to an instance.

Since the start I have said that you guys are running a campaign of lies designed to cover for CIG, while misleading other backers who contributed to this project's $137 million budget.

So it appears to me that if they are going to be now pushing an update in which SM is going to be enabled (without hacks), that would go toward the narrative that it was enabled all along, when in fact it wasn't - and there was no proof that it was or wasn't. It's a deception.

I have access to the Evocati build, as do other people I know. I have sources who work on this project and who would know more about it than you or I.

I have a lot of faults, but I don't make up lies in order to win a point or argument. People who know me, know that it's just not something that I would do because for me, there is no shame in being wrong - only the ensuing hilarity because that's how trolling works.

Up to this point, as I've said, as a dev, I can't in good conscience breach their NDA by creating a video proving my point. I wouldn't want my gamers doing that to me either.

Also, it could possibly also expose that account and allow CIG to ban it; while also leaving me open to a legally actionable lawsuit over breaching an NDA, which the Supreme Court has ruled is a binding agreement. Even a C&D would be something that, even without merit, would be regarded as a "win" for CIG and you rear end-clowns hoping they come after me. Something that despite my prayers to all the Gods that I know, for some reason, they still haven't.

To be clear. Yes, people* do have access to the 2.6 build with Star Marine enabled. But those people are not in the Evocati because the UI icon option is enabled.

Even though you are relying on third-party information, possibly from people who have an internal build that is NOT the same public Evocati 2.6, you are still aiding and abetting the on-going deception of other backers who, believe it or not, are entitled to knowing what is in a build they have paid for. To that I say: SHAME ON YOU!. I thought you were better than this.

quote:

It goes like this: dev (pushed by devs for testing) -> QA (internal QA) -> Evocati (usually the same build as QA) -> wide testing (out of Evocati to larger group, usually subscribers) -> live (wide public release)

Like all builds, the Evocati builds have a unique internal build number that is incremented with each update. The updates during the Evocati test phase, go through the normal test cycle.

And it's all one build. They don't send different builds to different groups.

This release of 2.6 sans Star Marine indicates to me that either i) they want to test other things first before pushing it to Evocati from SQ or ii) it's so badly broken, that it's never coming out this year.

Note that they had slated Dec 8th as the official release. That date pushes up against the holiday sales. So this preemptive move to push 2.6 to Evocati, to me, is yet another carrot stick ploy by CIG to boost confidence during the upcoming sale, then post-sale, announce that SM isn't coming after all, let alone 2.6 going wide. Mark my words.

It's horrible. And this sort of thing is why it is hilarious to me that whales keep funding this project.

And here is Ben Parry saying he can't even talk about whether or not SM is in the 2.6 build. And my response.

ps: I am willing to toxx my SA account over my claims. So if the mods want to make that happen, I'm in.

D_Smart fucked around with this message at 23:27 on Dec 1, 2016

Mr Fronts
Jan 31, 2016

Yo! The Mafia supports you. But don't tell no one. Spread the word.
Star Marine anagrams:

Rat Remains
Insert a Ram
I Am Ranters
Mr Tane Airs
A Smart Rein

TheGodofIris
Oct 12, 2016

None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free

Mr Fronts posted:

Star Marine anagrams:

Mr Tane Airs

I found my new alt account...

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

D_Smart posted:

even as I sit atop this here hill that I am fully prepared to die on
I called it.

ManofManyAliases
Mar 21, 2016
ToastOfManySmarts

Can't post for 3 hours!

D_Smart posted:

MoMa, before I place you on ignore, I would like to issue a statement saying why.

Since you appeared here and got on with the shilling, you have been an endless source of hilarity and excitement.

While we don't always see eye to eye, and despite the fact that back when I was mod and you were an incessantly annoying poo poo, and people asked me to ban you via a mod challenge, I refused. The reason being, annoying doesn't warrant such action.

Also, despite our differences, when we're not pissing about with Star Citizen, I have found you to be a pretty affable and hilarious guy; even amid the massive onslaught of derision that you get here.

So it brings me no pleasure today that I am going to set you to ignore (without setting to ignore those who quote you) because I feel that you have crossed that boundary between shill and blatant liar.

Now, to be fair, you have said that you don't have Evocati access, and that you are relying on third-party people you trust. However, the fact that you keep parroting that info as fact, even as I get derided for doing the same thing - despite the fact that I tend to be more right than wrong, makes you responsible.

That said, I want to go on the record with this, even as I sit atop this here hill that I am fully prepared to die on:

- Star Marine is not enabled for play in the 2.6 Evocati build that was pushed 48hrs ago. This is a fact.

- Star Marine, like Arena Commander, is accessible from the main menu, where it has always been.

- If the server is down and you try to connect/launch the game, you get an error warning (which I can simulate and post a screen shot if you'd like, since I know exactly what packets the client is sending. yay, Wireshark).

- The minor update they pushed shortly (some got it yesterday?) after 2.6, is a staggered minor update which, by all accounts, could be "b" (in your nomenclature)

Whatever they are about to push, won't be "b", that would be "c". Note that SC has never - ever used alphabets in their numbered builds.

- And the fact that they are about to push another update - according to you - so the game is inaccessible, is just plain FALSE. Just because they are doing a server-side push, doesn't prevent you from starting SC, then clicking on AC or SM icons. It doesn't work that way because SC is a client-server session based executable in which the client launches and can still run without ANY access to the server. This is why people can fire up the game, hack the files, and play SM off-line solo. That "waiting for player" message in the GUI is what I said above, about the client checking for a server connection to match to an instance.

Since the start I have said that you guys are running a campaign of lies designed to cover for CIG, while misleading other backers who contributed to this project's $137 million budget.

So it appears to me that if they are going to be now pushing an update in which SM is going to be enabled (without hacks), that would go toward the narrative that it was enabled all along, when in fact it wasn't - and there was no proof that it was or wasn't. It's a deception.

I have access to the Evocati build, as do other people I know. I have sources who work on this project and who would know more about it than you or I.

I have a lot of faults, but I don't make up lies in order to win a point or argument. People who know me, know that it's just not something that I would do because for me, there is no shame in being wrong - only the ensuing hilarity because that's how trolling works.

Up to this point, as I've said, as a dev, I can't in good conscience breach their NDA by creating a video proving my point. I wouldn't want my gamers doing that to me either.

Also, it could possibly also expose that account and allow CIG to ban it; while also leaving me open to a legally actionable lawsuit over breaching an NDA, which the Supreme Court has ruled is a binding agreement. Even a C&D would be something that, even without merit, would be regarded as a "win" for CIG and you rear end-clowns hoping they come after me. Something that despite my prayers to all the Gods that I know, for some reason, they still haven't.

To be clear. Yes, people* do have access to the 2.6 build with Star Marine enabled. But those people are not in the Evocati because the UI icon option is enabled.

Even though you are relying on third-party information, possibly from people who have an internal build that is NOT the same public Evocati 2.6, you are still aiding and abetting the on-going deception of other backers who, believe it or not, are entitled to knowing what is in a build they have paid for. To that I say: SHAME ON YOU!. I thought you were better than this.

ps: I am willing to toxx my SA account over my claims. So if the mods want to make that happen, I'm in.

Tane

Sickening
Jul 16, 2007

Black summer was the best summer.

D_Smart posted:

You won me over. I declare you the winner of this epic battle. Great work.

D1E
Nov 25, 2001

D_Smart posted:

Was this an OFFICIAL STATEMENT you tedious pedantic jackass?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ewe2
Jul 1, 2009

We have arrived at the Star Citizen Uncertainty Principle, but MoMa does not play dice.

• Locked thread