Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Rudager
Apr 29, 2008

MeLKoR posted:

And why would anyone loving stick around floating in space waiting god knows how long for the odd chance someone will show up when they can simply press a button and resurrect? Even with death penalties ain't nobody got time for that.

I'll probably be the same people who refuse to run and always walk everywhere because of immersion.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HapiMerchant
Apr 22, 2014

T.G. Xarbala posted:

I guess you can probably try to grief people between crashes to desktop, that might be worth 30 dollars

where there's a will to grief there's a way to grief

Chalks
Sep 30, 2009

Rudager posted:

I'll probably be the same people who refuse to run and always walk everywhere because of immersion.

Looking forward to a 40 player instance with 20 guys rping space corpses. Sounds action packed.

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

Chalks posted:

Looking forward to a 40 player instance with 20 guys raping space corpses. Sounds action packed.

fify

HapiMerchant
Apr 22, 2014

Jobbo_Fett posted:

lol

Spend money on whatever, who cares? If you think Star Citizen is really something worth buying instead of any other game currently out there, more power to you.

But when it crashes and burns (almost literally) you can at least find solace in the fact that we kept pointing out how suspect Chris and co are.

nah its cool i needed the angry opinions of internet people to convince myself to drop money on Wuxia rear end n Titties simulator instead.

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

HapiMerchant posted:

nah its cool i needed the angry opinions of internet people to convince myself to drop money on Wuxia rear end n Titties simulator instead.

Hey now don't be so hasty, Star Citizen is filled with asses.

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

HapiMerchant posted:

Happy to help

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

HapiMerchant posted:

I would never try to sway someone away from that

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Sometimes it's not the bomb that's retarded.

Can you do one with Chris saluting before a plane hits the WTC?

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

SelenicMartian posted:

Can you do one with Chris saluting before a plane hits the WTC?

lol wow...

Give me 2 weeks or 7 hours

Xaerael
Aug 25, 2010

Marching Powder is objectively the worst poster known. He also needs to learn how a keyboard works.

I prefer this version

http://youtubedoubler.com/h9UN

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
:gowron:

tooterfish
Jul 13, 2013

janssendalt posted:

you can almost hear goons crying on the background
Yeah, with laughter.

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

tooterfish posted:

Yeah, with laughter.

Tears of laughter are still tears, so they win.

Parp-logic™

marumaru
May 20, 2013

So, this new ship apparently came out, and this is how it looks like from inside the cockpit.

No, it's not a bug. You can only see the outside in ~10% of your screen. Most of it is the dashboard.

~immersion~

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

Inacio posted:

So, this new ship apparently came out, and this is how it looks like from inside the cockpit.

No, it's not a bug. You can only see the outside in ~10% of your screen. Most of it is the dashboard.

~immersion~

Someone should modify one of those reactive chest rigs that shock you when you take damage.

Die in the game, die in real life.

Immersion

marumaru
May 20, 2013

Jobbo_Fett posted:

Someone should modify one of those reactive chest rigs that shock you when you take damage.

Die in the game, die in real life.

Immersion

and they'd probably still somehow find a way to praise that

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Nostalgia4Infinity posted:

Wait wait. There's a news van space ship?!

How the gently caress is that even going to work ingame?

Are the building an ingame system where you can report the news? :laffo:

you can do anything in star citizen. all you have to do is ask almighty croberts and he will make it a reality

news van? yes. birds? you bet

Inacio posted:

~immersion~

just like in real life, cargo trucks have terrible visibility where you only see out a tiny slit. it's very immersive

marumaru
May 20, 2013

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

just like in real life, cargo trucks have terrible visibility where you only see out a tiny slit. it's very immersive

I've finally figured out the final accessory I need to make my $6000 Star Citizen setup more immersive than real life.

unpacked robinhood
Feb 18, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

He looks so bored. Also the Freelancer looks to be more maneuverable than the Cutlass and has a maximum velocity of 175 m/s

I'm not familiar with the CS lore but ships in this game go as fast as WW2 planes ?

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

unpacked robinhood posted:

I'm not familiar with the CS lore but ships in this game go as fast as WW2 planes ?

They go as fast as some WW2 planes. WW2 Jets are as fast or faster!

Chalks
Sep 30, 2009

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

you can do anything in star citizen. all you have to do is ask almighty croberts and he will make it a reality

news van? yes. birds? you bet

Yep, you don't need spacial awareness if you're just spending your time docking a vast cargo transport ship. You just hold down the accelerate button and job done.

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Imagine if all of this money had gone to a charity like Flora & Fauna or Heifer International instead.

KiddieGrinder
Nov 15, 2005

HELP ME

Unfunny Poster posted:

Imagine if all of this money had gone to a charity like Flora & Fauna or Heifer International instead.

It did, it went to the Make-A-Wish Foundation.

Sandi wished to be a movie star.

tooterfish
Jul 13, 2013

Unfunny Poster posted:

Imagine if it'd been spent on a game!

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Chalks posted:

Yep, you don't need spacial awareness if you're just spending your time docking a vast cargo transport ship. You just hold down the accelerate button and job done.

dont worry, im sure itll just harmlessly bump off the space station or docking bay and then spin off into the distance thanks to the very realistic physics calculations the game does

praise be to croberts and his vision

Chin
Dec 12, 2005

GET LOST 2013
-RALPH
An excited cultist in his new Freelancer space truck

Kittens McMittens
Jan 1, 2012

AP posted:

No, stop being a stupid.

quote:

You also enjoy the right of withdrawal within 14 days from concluding the contract for online digital content. However, once you start downloading or streaming the content you may no longer withdraw from the purchase, provided that the trader has complied with his obligations. Specifically, the trader must first obtain your explicit agreement to the immediate download or streaming, and you must explicitly acknowledge that you lose your right to withdraw once the performance has started.

http://europa.eu/youreurope/citizens/consumers/internet-services/rights-e-commerce/index_en.htm

So a trader can stop a refund from the point at which you start using the service. Obviously we don't think they've fulfilled their obligations; they are saying they have though. That's what I was referring to though.

EminusSleepus
Sep 28, 2015

Chin posted:

Pooowwweeerrrrr!!

Revelation 2-13
May 13, 2010

Pillbug
Am I the only one who likes that the cockpits are different? I think it adds some (much needed btw) differentiation to how each ship is to fly. It's somewhat similar to sim/realism mode in Warthunder, where there are rather substantial differences in the visibility you have in the different planes (though I don't think any are as bad as the freelancer). Flying the fighters with the bubble cockpits is a huge benefit, for picking out targets in a dog-fight etc.

Also, the freelancer was originally billed as a long-range exploration vessel, not a freighter. I guess they changed that when they added the variants.

It doesn't really matter, since the "game" will always be an bug-ridden, unfinished mess, but anyway.

it dont matter
Aug 29, 2008

To quote the great Charlton Brooker - "like a dog at the controls of a helicopter".

EminusSleepus
Sep 28, 2015

Sandi should really need to read this

9 Slightly Gross Reasons You Might Want To Leave Your Pubes The gently caress Alone

http://www.buzzfeed.com/mirandalarbi/slightly-gross-reasons-you-might-want-to-leave-your-pubes?bffbuk&utm_term=4ldqphz#4ldqphz

EminusSleepus
Sep 28, 2015

Revelation 2-13 posted:

Am I the only one who likes that the cockpits are different? I think it adds some (much needed btw) differentiation to how each ship is to fly. It's somewhat similar to sim/realism mode in Warthunder, where there are rather substantial differences in the visibility you have in the different planes (though I don't think any are as bad as the freelancer). Flying the fighters with the bubble cockpits is a huge benefit, for picking out targets in a dog-fight etc.

Also, the freelancer was originally billed as a long-range exploration vessel, not a freighter. I guess they changed that when they added the variants.

It doesn't really matter, since the "game" will always be an bug-ridden, unfinished mess, but anyway.

You are mistaken

Freelancer was originally billed for hauling and it can be used as an Explorer if you modify it hence the variants

mike12345
Jul 14, 2008

"Whether the Earth was created in 7 days, or 7 actual eras, I'm not sure we'll ever be able to answer that. It's one of the great mysteries."

Chin posted:

Plus you get a special cheevo for killing prostitutes

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=imhBoE56OEs

mike12345
Jul 14, 2008

"Whether the Earth was created in 7 days, or 7 actual eras, I'm not sure we'll ever be able to answer that. It's one of the great mysteries."

alphabettitouretti posted:

To quote the great Charlton Brooker - "like a dog at the controls of a helicopter".

What really gets me is his bemused irritation. Like this is all some kind of joke, and not something people have pledged 100 million $$$ to.

it dont matter
Aug 29, 2008

wikidd posted:

http://europa.eu/youreurope/citizens/consumers/internet-services/rights-e-commerce/index_en.htm

So a trader can stop a refund from the point at which you start using the service. Obviously we don't think they've fulfilled their obligations; they are saying they have though. That's what I was referring to though.

Isn't this the same thing Frontier were using to deny Elite refunds when they withdraw an offline mode? They just paid up when people tried to take it to small claims. I think if it got as far as court you'd have a strong argument that they have not fulfilled their obligations since there is no Squadron 42, the persistent universe does not exist beyond a tech demo, and perhaps you've paid for a ship that's not yet playable.

I cannot imagine they'd do anything other than roll over immediately when faced with small claims though. The person bringing the claim faces very little risk and sending someone to contest it would be a ridiculous waste of money...and if there's one thing CIG hates it's negligent use of backer fuhahahahaha

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

Revelation 2-13 posted:

Different cockpits? Great!

Cockpits with dumb visual limitations in future spaaaaace? Dumb!

kikkelivelho
Aug 27, 2015

Nice to see the Freelancer continues CIG's tradition of making horrible design decisions with multicrew ships. The view is poo poo and for some reason (manned turret lol) only half of the cargo space can actually hold cargo. Looks nice though, so good job there.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

unpacked robinhood posted:

They do in combat "shoot the other guy" mode. There's also cruise "hah hah gently caress you I'm jousting" mode and then quantum "TOTALLY NOT FRIENDSHIP DRIVE" travel.

I'm the exposed flesh in a vacuum.

Almost there.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Sometimes it's not the bomb that's retarded.

They'll just have one crew member standing in front right near the glass looking around and signalling to the pilot with gestures where things are how far the parking space is.

Does SC have a lighthouse ship yet?

• Locked thread