Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

jaffyjaffy posted:

That's the plan at this point. Might not even threaten it to their CS and just call my bank outright.

you don't need to even talk to CS at this point

you went through the motions of trying to get your refund, now you can start the chargeback process

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jaffyjaffy
Sep 27, 2010

Eonwe posted:

you don't need to even talk to CS at this point

you went through the motions of trying to get your refund, now you can start the chargeback process

Anything in particular to tell the bank? I've never disputed a charge before. I'd assume SC would fall under the "The cardholder did not receive the product or service" category. I'm hesitant to mention early access or crowd funding at all though.

e: Hopefully it being from 2013 or whatever doesn't screw me either.

jaffyjaffy fucked around with this message at 05:31 on Dec 20, 2015

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Kings need not raise their voices to be heard
It looks like this is turning into one of those confession/enabling threads.

https://forums.robertsspaceindustries.com/discussion/306664/what-s-happening-to-me

Amarcarts
Feb 21, 2007

This looks a lot like suffering.

jaffyjaffy posted:

Anything in particular to tell the bank? I've never disputed a charge before. I'd assume SC would fall under the "The cardholder did not receive the product or service" category. I'm hesitant to mention early access or crowd funding at all though.

Actually IMO if I were a banker it looks better the further back it is because it was before they missed their release date of November 2014. Now you can tell your bank you gave them a year to get their act together and release the game but now they're dicking around and denying refunds.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wEKTjh_ykQY

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

B_of_InfoRedux posted:

I don't really ever post my own poo poo, but here's an article I wrote awhile back about the start of the game, Chris Roberts, and where it was going if this helps: http://www.informationredux.com/index.php/2015/09/29/star-citizen-a-war-in-space-currently-being-wage-across-the-internet/

Also this, the pt 2: http://www.informationredux.com/ind...e-conversation/

Also, I really dig the layout. It gives me the article and supporting info in an easy to read format, but without a whole pile of clickbait dancing crap. Nicely done. Nicely done indeed.

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

It's yet another day in the wasteland.

Mirificus posted:

To be fair, judging from those "physics" threads, a lot of the player base would be unable to tell the difference anyways.

True enough. “Satisficing” is often seen as a legitimate strategy when trying to fulfil complex goals, after all.

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Tippis posted:

True enough. “Satisficing” is often seen as a legitimate strategy when trying to fulfil complex goals, after all.
My favorite spellings are "konsept" and "prinsbile".

Romes128
Dec 28, 2008

Fun Shoe

jaffyjaffy posted:

Just tell them the final product was supposed to be released in 2014 and it hasn't.

Cig can claim what they put out is enough to satisfy their terms, but it's not a final game so you'll def get your money back via chargeback.

Edit

Quote the tos about the 2014 deadline and then at they changed the tos when they missed the deadline. There's a very limited back and fourth when it comes to chargeback so put as much info as you can regarding them not putting out a game as you can.

Romes128 fucked around with this message at 05:58 on Dec 20, 2015

Romes128
Dec 28, 2008

Fun Shoe
Hi sandi

Romes128
Dec 28, 2008

Fun Shoe
You stupid fucks at cig don't know how basic accounting and chargebacks work so enjoy losing all the chargeback cases that's gonna happen cause you're denying refunds.

Also I've gone unshaven for a week so gently caress u sandi

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

Mirificus posted:

My favorite spellings are "konsept" and "prinsbile".

No, really: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Satisficing :eng101:

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

https://forums.robertsspaceindustries.com/discussion/307290/would-you-fire-on-a-news-van

Neat, I learned a new word :)

Romes128
Dec 28, 2008

Fun Shoe
Can the thread title be changed to don't contact cs, just do a chargeback

jaegerx
Sep 10, 2012

Maybe this post will get me on your ignore list!

Romes128 posted:

You stupid fucks at cig don't know how basic accounting and chargebacks work so enjoy losing all the chargeback cases that's gonna happen cause you're denying refunds.

Also I've gone unshaven for a week so gently caress u sandi

Now stop bathing and really show her

Lack of Gravitas
Oct 11, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Things I've learned from EVE #1: Never argue with Tippis about spaceships :v:

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

Mirificus posted:

It looks like this is turning into one of those confession/enabling threads.

https://forums.robertsspaceindustries.com/discussion/306664/what-s-happening-to-me

CU in the V.

jaegerx
Sep 10, 2012

Maybe this post will get me on your ignore list!

Always contact cig. It makes it more entertaining when you think Sandi has to tell customer service to deny the refund. It also kinda confirms that the cash might be running out.

I want to buy back in just to insult Ben and Sandi when I demand a refund again.

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
Here's my message to Sandi:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LDZX4ooRsWs&t=216s

BrutalistMcDonalds fucked around with this message at 06:12 on Dec 20, 2015

Romes128
Dec 28, 2008

Fun Shoe

jaegerx posted:

Always contact cig. It makes it more entertaining when you think Sandi has to tell customer service to deny the refund. It also kinda confirms that the cash might be running out.

I want to buy back in just to insult Ben and Sandi when I demand a refund again.

No cause chargebacks from visa and Mastercard arrive via mail so if they're not expecting it and ignore it for a few days they'll automatically lose the case lol.

Actually I'm not even sure where the cases would be sent to since they have so many offices all over.

Romes128
Dec 28, 2008

Fun Shoe

My message to sandi is you're old and can't act please stop trying so people can make a video game

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Lack of Gravitas posted:

On the other hand, that means I can torment them with those awful "physics" posts ;)

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

Lack of Gravitas posted:

Awww. :glomp:
(Don't tell ullerrm because I'd lose that argument.)

It's just that I happen to be supervising a thesis that studies this kind of behaviour so the vocabulary is fresh in mind.

A Neurotic Jew
Feb 17, 2012

by exmarx

if you told me this was a peter gabriel thread I wouldn't bat an eye.

Romes128
Dec 28, 2008

Fun Shoe
Is there a space isis in star citizen yet ?

Tokamak
Dec 22, 2004

Just imagine that pupil to planet trailer in reverse. Zooming from outer space, down to a planetary base, and into a ford focus. The physics, the realism, the detail, the ford focus.

Bait and Swatch
Sep 5, 2012

Join me, Comrades
In the Star Citizen D&D thread

Romes128 posted:

Theres a death cult, so sorta

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

Romes128 posted:

Going by the views expressed by the average citizen and forum mod, goons seem to fill that role.

Ravane
Oct 23, 2010

by LadyAmbien

Romes128 posted:

You mean other than the misogynistic cult that suppresses anyone that doesn't share their world view that Star Citizen is the BDSSE?

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

jaffyjaffy posted:

That's the plan at this point. Might not even threaten it to their CS and just call my bank outright.

Tell them that this is unacceptable, that you have numerous examples of other people in your situation getting refunds, and that if the matter is not resolved satisfactorily that you will perform a chargeback. And then contact your bank and get the process started. Get the forms, etc, and record everything. The fact that CIG arbitrarily provided some refunds, and then refused to provide others, should help your case with your bank. Your goal here is to show that you made every reasonable effort to get your refund the right way.

jaffyjaffy posted:

A product that was promised in November of 2014 was never delivered even a year later. Not only was the product never delivered, but the nature of the product has significantly changed by the own admission of the provider. That's what you tell the bank.

Beer4TheBeerGod fucked around with this message at 06:31 on Dec 20, 2015

Romes128
Dec 28, 2008

Fun Shoe

Ravane posted:

You mean other than the misogynistic cult that suppresses anyone that doesn't share their world view that Star Citizen is the BDSSE?

I said isis not America

Romes128
Dec 28, 2008

Fun Shoe

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Tell them that this is unacceptable, that you have numerous examples of other people in your situation getting refunds, and that if the matter is not resolved satisfactorily that you will perform a chargeback. And then contact your bank and get the process started. Get the forms, etc, and record everything. The fact that CIG arbitrarily provided some refunds, and then refused to provide others, should help your case with your bank.

They're going on Christmas break soon so don't expect a response any time in the near future

A Neurotic Jew
Feb 17, 2012

by exmarx
the only reason anyone could want to buy the News Van ship is because they've already laid down $30,000 or whatever and have to complete the set.

But I want to know about that one guy, who I'm only assuming exists, who has paid for only the News Van ship and that's his only ride, and that's all he wants to ride. I know you're out there you weirdo. Please get an account and explain yourself.

Romes128
Dec 28, 2008

Fun Shoe
I'd be down for a space food truck so I can go to war zones after fighting to sell space tacos to the workers cleaning up and rescue services looking for survivors

Romes128
Dec 28, 2008

Fun Shoe
Cig that's my idea plz payment 100,000 dollars cause I know you'll make thay five times over when you sell a limited quantity of 5,000 space food trucks

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

Romes128 posted:

I'd be down for a space food truck so I can go to war zones after fighting to sell space tacos to the workers cleaning up and rescue services looking for survivors

Oooh. Viscera Cleanup Detail tie-in. Think of the money CIG could make on this unique idea that no-one has had before.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Romes128 posted:

They're going on Christmas break soon so don't expect a response any time in the near future

Even better. The longer the delay in responding the better it looks from the perspective of the bank.

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

How 'bout them hawks news huh!
Space garbage truck, is that a thing yet?

Romes128
Dec 28, 2008

Fun Shoe

BigglesSWE posted:

Space garbage truck, is that a thing yet?

Call it the lesnick

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

raverrn posted:

Meh, that's a pretty good ship concept. He's got solid gameplay behind it and a cool niche to fill, kinda the opposite of NEWS VAN. I'd play that ship in a competent and complete space MMO.

Too bad there's none of those around.

Welp, back in Planetfall 1 days, some buddies and I founded a guild based on harvesting nanites to refuel the bases. Work can be kinda fun if done right.

• Locked thread