Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

It's yet another day in the wasteland.

EminusSleepus posted:

What game? You mean the shareware tech demo called star citizen 2.1? They should include it as free for buying ko ko crunch

Why do you hate Koko Crunch? I mean, sure, Nestlé isn't exactly a nice company but there are less cruel ways of ruining them than that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tortolia
Dec 29, 2005

Hindustan Electronics Employee of the Month, July 2008
Grimey Drawer

Brazilianpeanutwar posted:

And a few posts down from that there's someone saying "Your not reporting this the right way, problems like this are your fault, you're dead weight."

I poo poo thee nay, he actually called him deadweight.

Best community on the Internet, that's for sure.

CrazyLoon
Aug 10, 2015

"..."

Tippis posted:

Why do you hate Koko Crunch? I mean, sure, Nestlé isn't exactly a nice company but there are less cruel ways of ruining them than that.

Nah, they discontinued the old Frosties. gently caress 'em.

Chocobo
Oct 15, 2012

Here comes a new challenger!
Oven Wrangler
Even in a competently-run, focused beta it can take ages for exploits and major imbalances to get fixed. Nothing will get fixed in this cobbled-together unplayable shitheap of an alpha.

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

Their "new" physics just looks like havok ragdoll physics how much time did they put into this

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

Gestalt Intellect posted:

Their "new" physics just looks like havok ragdoll physics how much time did they put into this

If they actually tried to integrate Havok rather than use CryEngine's own physics, it would probably take a fairly long time. And explain a lot of things.

The Marauder
Dec 1, 2013

Why walk out when you can outrun?

Tippis posted:

If they actually tried to integrate Havok rather than use CryEngine's own physics, it would probably take a fairly long time. And explain a lot of things.

Once again, the audience is left scratching their heads, wondering what madness drove Christ Robber-baron to use Cryengine in the first place.

jaegerx
Sep 10, 2012

Maybe this post will get me on your ignore list!

Which of you nerds is pming us for refund info? Search post history. I ain't got time to look up my info. I've got poo poo posting to do.

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

The Marauder posted:

Once again, the audience is left scratching their heads, wondering what madness drove Christ Robber-baron to use Cryengine in the first place.

Weeeeell. If you had been out of the gaming loop for a decade and a half and now want to get back to making a movie movie… I mean moooo– game, wouldn't you pick the engine that offers the best VFX graphics for your movie game, just on a hunch?

B_of_InfoRedux
Oct 6, 2015

WANT A MELTDOWN? KEEP READING FROM YOUR MOTHERS BASEMENTS WHILE YOU BEAT YOUR TINY DICK SECRETLY THINKING OF SANDI YOU HYPOCRITICAL PIECES OF HUMAN GARBAGE.

Tippis posted:

Weeeeell. If you had been out of the gaming loop for a decade and a half and now want to get back to making a movie movie… I mean moooo– game, wouldn't you pick the engine that offers the best VFX graphics for your movie game, just on a hunch?

This is honestly a really good point. It's clear Roberts is only interested in the movie aspects of his "game" . Wouldn't be shocked if SQ42 didn't end up being nothing more then a FMV version of a tell tale game. Fitted with random FPS flying/pew pew game play moments.

SQ42 - The Hunt For Gary Oldman. . Cause you know he isn't getting any more then 6 minutes of screen time.

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Kings need not raise their voices to be heard

https://www.reddit.com/r/DerekSmart/comments/3xjf2d/apparently_derelict_smart_still_thinks_judgement/cy5e939

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

They could also get slapped with a chargeback, if they wanted to.

A Neurotic Jew
Feb 17, 2012

by exmarx
Karl, Sandi doesn't care about you and will never consider you her friend, hth.

jaegerx
Sep 10, 2012

Sandi will you be my friend? I've got Hollywood connections. You can finally be a star.

A Neurotic Jew
Feb 17, 2012

by exmarx
Like, on the list of things Sandi cares about, you rank at least 200 spots below pubic hair, which also ranks low.

HapiMerchant
Apr 22, 2014

"the consumer is not entitle to a refund if the product does not meet expectations"

brb telling my boss i can deny refunds.

Bait and Swatch
Sep 5, 2012

Join me, Comrades
In the Star Citizen D&D thread

Cat Roberts plays star citizen for the first time

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

A Neurotic Jew posted:

Karl, Sandi doesn't care about you and will never consider you her friend, hth.

Karl is going to use his auditor powers to get Sandi a staring role in the next Uwe Boll movie.

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

MeLKoR posted:

Karl is going to use his auditor powers to get Sandi a staring role in the next Uwe Boll movie.

Doubt it. Uwe has better taste than that.

A Neurotic Jew
Feb 17, 2012

by exmarx

https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen/comments/3xnfsm/lets_discuss_if_cr_dont_want_to_keep_people_who/

good points fellow not-a-cultist

A Neurotic Jew fucked around with this message at 05:11 on Dec 21, 2015

A Neurotic Jew
Feb 17, 2012

by exmarx
I wonder if liking money might have something to do wit-oh wait my mental block just kicked in hmmm why could he be doing this? :shrug:

HapiMerchant
Apr 22, 2014
I'm actually really sad now after looking back over all Derek's blogs and posts and such. Star Citizen is just a cult of jpegs now, E:D seems neat but ultimately sorta empty and single-playery, and Eve is just spreadsheets and glory-days-gone-by. I just want a space game to play with other people :smith:

Incombibulator
Dec 9, 2014

I'm ready for my close-up
Ms. Gardiner...

Grimey Drawer

Why are you showing nude pics of Pgabz' teenage daughter skyping with a pal?

Low, man. Low.

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING
How have Citizens not realized that /r/dereksmart is a premium account required to view.

Ravane
Oct 23, 2010

by LadyAmbien

HapiMerchant posted:

I'm actually really sad now after looking back over all Derek's blogs and posts and such. Star Citizen is just a cult of jpegs now, E:D seems neat but ultimately sorta empty and single-playery, and Eve is just spreadsheets and glory-days-gone-by. I just want a space game to play with other people :smith:

Yeah, all I really wanted was Dead Space's Flying gameplay mixed with multiplayer.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iW4yMEH0VoI

Hell, Star Shitizen's Ender's Game ripoff sounded fun too. Now I'll have to wait until I'm 25 for anything similar to be announced. gently caress I'm old.

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

This thread is great.

Oh, I sure hope the next 6-12 months are "super fun and exciting".

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

Ravane posted:

Now I'll have to wait until I'm 25 for anything similar to be announced. gently caress I'm old.

Bwahahahahaha.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

The bit about substantive progress was particularly amusing.

Ravane
Oct 23, 2010

by LadyAmbien
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dqkqysFrjCk

OMG, it's star citizen already completed!

CashEnsign
Feb 7, 2015
Why is some nerd PM'ing me about my refund and giving the info to Derek Smart? Are you guys that bored?

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel
A while ago i sold my ship i had got from like right after the kickstarter and got my money back that way.

A couple days ago someone gave me a "m50" ship he didnt want for star citizen and said it was the fastest ship in the game. Is it a good ship?

I mainly want to just ram people and that's why he said it was the fastest ship, is it good for ramming?

Im going to try to download it tonight.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

CashEnsign posted:

Why is some nerd PM'ing me about my refund and giving the info to Derek Smart? Are you guys that bored?

InfoRedux is working on a story. Or something.

jaegerx
Sep 10, 2012

CashEnsign posted:

That's what I'm saying. I gotta poo poo post on Reddit.

Btw dolvak you can ban me once but I will return in new accounts every time. Get hosed nerdlinger.

Sillybones
Aug 10, 2013

go away,
spooky skeleton,
go away

It is interesting that people are commenting and discussing on the post, relevant to the posts contents, yet downvote it and the OP to hide it. Much like those cultists who comment on the 'click-bait' articles.

wyoak
Feb 14, 2005

a glass case of emotion

Fallen Rib

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

InfoRedux is working on a story. Or something.

InfoRedux needs to hire an editor

Ravane
Oct 23, 2010

by LadyAmbien
I was watching a video about alpha 2.0, and I just realized that nobody has mentioned this.

Why the gently caress are they wearing their helmets when they wake up? If some rear end in a top hat was going to go as far to deal with "immersion breaking" poo poo like instituting a SPACE HALL MONITOR, why the gently caress would he not think about why it's so strange to sleep and wake up with your goddamn helmet on.

AlmightyPants
Mar 14, 2001

King of Scheduling
Pillbug
I missed it, why does Sandi hate pubes?

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen/comments/3xnfsm/lets_discuss_if_cr_dont_want_to_keep_people_who/cy69awz

Ravane
Oct 23, 2010

by LadyAmbien

AlmightyPants posted:

I missed it, why does Sandi hate pubes?

There was an interview with the escapist writer in which she revealed along with racism, Sandi rejected someone and then joked that that person probably was hairy in her pubic region.

Nobody knows why Sandi hates pubes. She just does. Maybe christ hasn't shaved in a while.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brazilianpeanutwar
Aug 27, 2015

Spent my walletfull, on a jpeg, desolate, will croberts make a whale of me yet?

"A dickhead and his scammer deserve each other."

• Locked thread