Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CrazyLoon
Aug 10, 2015

"..."
For some reason the name "James Brand" sounds oddly familiar. Isn't he supposed to be some kind of 'somebody' in the gaming drama sphere or something?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pftc
Oct 1, 2015

CrazyLoon posted:

For some reason the name "James Brand" sounds oddly familiar. Isn't he supposed to be some kind of 'somebody' in the gaming drama sphere or something?

Not gaming.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos
I'm not loving around with James 'Knives' Brand

JainDoh
Nov 5, 2002

Omar strollin'
neither am I, pretty confident he doesn't know what to do in bed

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos
He has eyes everywhere

serious norman
Dec 13, 2007

im pickle rick!!!!

Im the three logs.

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Kings need not raise their voices to be heard

Disqus Profile - James Brand

it dont matter
Aug 29, 2008

Imagine saying "we have eyes everywhere" in relation to reading a forum and being serious. What a fuckwit.

JainDoh
Nov 5, 2002

Omar strollin'
so do they give you free ships to sell on the grey market if you shill

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos
There is no I in team but they are everywhere in James Brand

turn off the TV
Aug 4, 2010

moderately annoying

Why would you ever post insane poo poo like that using your real name attached to your Facebook profile picture.

JainDoh
Nov 5, 2002

Omar strollin'
oh so by "eyes everywhere" he means "posts where I shill for CIG like maybe theyre paying me under the table... everywhere"

got it

Chalks
Sep 30, 2009

alphabettitouretti posted:

Imagine saying "we have eyes everywhere" in relation to reading a forum and being serious. What a fuckwit.

"I have quite a few tabs open in chrome at the moment" doesn't sound intimidating enough I guess.

Chalks fucked around with this message at 19:06 on Dec 21, 2015

Acquilae
May 15, 2013

lol this is amazing

it dont matter
Aug 29, 2008

Well he wasn't wrong was he??

*lands spaceship on a moon and drives a buggy around while watching a video of Croberts failing to play his own game*

Check and mate Braben.

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Fish Fry Andy posted:

Why would you ever post insane poo poo like that using your real name attached to your Facebook profile picture.
:iiam:

CasualMaleXL
Oct 25, 2009

Big britches get bitches

peter gabriel posted:

There is no I in team but they are everywhere in James Brand

Lmao

Ravane
Oct 23, 2010

by LadyAmbien

LGD posted:

In Blacklight: Retribution female characters have notably smaller models and less distinctive silhouettes than the male characters, which is advantageous in that game even if the hitboxes are identical

In Runescape, female characters can get rune armor at level 1+, simply for a few minutes of awkward cybering.

Somehow, my awkward bout with pedophilia on runescape at age 12 never messed me up.

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Fish Fry Andy posted:

http://www.informationredux.com/index.php/2015/12/19/the-star-citizen-community-is-souring-the-game/#comment-2420086189

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

:gary:

JainDoh
Nov 5, 2002

Omar strollin'
Something Awful: Throwing poo poo Into Your Dreams

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

How 'bout them hawks news huh!
Well we're not called Something Awful for nothing amirite?

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Sometimes it's not the bomb that's retarded.

Is Ben a reverse ninja?

Gonkish
May 19, 2004

alphabettitouretti posted:

Well he wasn't wrong was he??

*lands spaceship on a moon and drives a buggy around while watching a video of Croberts failing to play his own game*

Check and mate Braben.

This.

I find it difficult to comprehend the levels of head-up-rear end required to think like this dude does. Sure, ok, maybe Elite isn't his cup of tea, that's fine. Talking up SC as a "working prototype" versus AN ACTUAL, PLAYABLE, RELEASED GAME is an entirely different tier of willful ignorance. Elite ain't perfect, but it's still a game that is an actual game (not a buggy, barely playable mess of a tech demo) that's being developed by a team of competent professionals with realistic goals and experienced management.

I mean, how does the brown sea look at St. Christ of Roberts not only failing to play his own loving game, but failing to UNDERSTAND his own loving game and think "yeah, I am confident that this project is lead by someone who knows what they're doing and totally is not using all this free money to make a lovely mo-cap movie because his lovely live action movie was awful and bombed right alongside his career in film. I shall buy seventeen Idrises now."

I mean, he has absolutely no loving interest in the progress of his own loving game. None. He spent the entirety of citcon jerking off over his script and atrocious mo-cap. He trotted out Gary loving Oldman. He can't even figure out how to run the game, which is what he was handed 100 million loving dollars to do... and people still look at him as if he's competent?

Clearly not a cult.

JainDoh
Nov 5, 2002

Omar strollin'

Gonkish posted:

Clearly not a cult.

I'm guessing he's thinking more along the lines of pyramid scheme, with himself on top.

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

:getin:

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless
Hahahaha this guy is a loving gold mine.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Fish Fry Andy posted:

thats what I was loving thinking

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

MeLKoR posted:

someone should tell him he isn't posting comments on Yahoo News, I think he got lost

Bait and Swatch
Sep 5, 2012

Join me, Comrades
In the Star Citizen D&D thread

Eonwe posted:

what do i have to do to join the ramming club

just bend over

or?

You dont have to, you get to

Or just PM zenmaster and he'll get you set up

2DCAT
Jun 25, 2015

pissssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssssss sssssssssssssssssss sssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssss ssssssssssssssssssssssssssss sssssssssssssss

Gravy Boat 2k

I always laugh when I see these long-winded, angry diatribes. If it weren't for pubbies like James Brand, then days would be a lot less humorous.

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

It's yet another day in the wasteland.

Excerpt from The Oxford SC Dictionary:

deliver |dɪˈlɪvə|
     verb [with obj.]
• delay, postpone, make late — this game was first delivered 14 months ago
• abandon, leave unfulfilled, give up — an alpha really delivers what you expect from a release candidate
• retain, amass, hoard — look at all the money the project has delivered

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

How 'bout them hawks news huh!

MeLKoR posted:

Him using the word "Sub-human" nonironically now made a lot more sense.

blueberrysmith
May 4, 2006

Dirty Sanchez

This is so deluded it's frightening. Empty promises is somehow a working game?

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

Can I get a name change to Deadlime please?

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

MeLKoR posted:

Can I get a name change to Deadlime please?

make me "micro transaction infested trash" please

Ravane
Oct 23, 2010

by LadyAmbien

How are these people not getting that other companies with publishers don't need to reveal their business practices, and typically don't reveal development to anyone besides the publisher. Because it's the publisher's money invested into the game. That's how they avoid controversy.

With Star Citizen, it's the whales' monies. People are treating CIG like they're incredible for having an open development, when CIG has to have an open development, otherwise they'd get crucified for not delivering the game back in 2014. If CIG didn't have an open development, if kickstarters didn't have open development, nobody would loving crowdfund them, because how would you know if ben lesnick is eating your money or not? But they're so loving blind, that ben lesnick is eating their money right in front of them, and the only thing that prevents them from seeing the truth is the building that hides the money being funneled out into Lesnick's jaws.

CIGs financials are the only thing they're not being open about purely because they know they've wasted their money. And these shitizens don't want to see the financials despite totally being entitled to it, because they don't want to discover the truth about their Best drat Space Sim Ever.

Ravane fucked around with this message at 19:44 on Dec 21, 2015

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos
Brb watching the World 100 meter Bicycle Race Finals

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

blueberrysmith
May 4, 2006

Dirty Sanchez
The comments section in this article really delivers actually. So many nut jobs.

Which of you dandies is StarShitizen?

• Locked thread