Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Pity Party Animal
Jul 23, 2006

Nation posted:

my dog died today can derek please post the blog and destroy sc i will be less sad

no you wont :smith:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pity Party Animal
Jul 23, 2006

it is horrifying

Pity Party Animal
Jul 23, 2006

tooterfish posted:

Looks like the whales are a bit tapped out this close to Christmas.

Hopefully they've got some spare presents to pawn so they can feed Chris' addiction to coke and mocap, the kids don't need those bikes anyway, they've got spaceships!

As if the whales would put gifts for others first

Pity Party Animal
Jul 23, 2006

Fall of the Whales

Pity Party Animal
Jul 23, 2006

Toops posted:

I've seen the true Chris Roberts today. A rich, spoiled, punk-rear end 11 year-old who throws a loving tantrum every time someone tells him no. An rear end in a top hat. A con artist.

Just look at how he mixes his verb tenses. He brain is must be a REAL fun place.

"I sort of get annoyed sometimes when I sort of see this pop up in comments and stuff like 'Oh Star Marine is cancelled' or 'Where's STAR Marine??" Well, Star Marine was just a game mode for people to play the FPS element of Star Citizen until we could combine everything together. Flying, running around, shooting, all the rest of the stuff, all together. Well, that is what's in 2.0, that is what's in 2.1. So, with the Alpha 2.0 onwards, you have basically what we were planning to do with Star Citizen from the very very very beginning. If you go back and look at the original pitch, we didn't say 'Hey we're doing Star Marine', we say we will have FPS, we will have boarding. Well, you HAVE FPS, you HAVE boarding right now"

He's either a god-like creature that lives outside of discrete time, or he's a subnormal con-artist, and he doesn't much look like a god-like create that lives outside of discrete time to me so I guess that pretty much narrows it down.

The logic of an autocrat.

Pity Party Animal
Jul 23, 2006
What's this that pooped into my mailbox?

quote:

It’s your last chance to pick up Star Citizen and Squadron 42 together for one low price! Beginning this Sunday, February 14, Star Citizen packages will no longer include the Squadron 42 single player campaign by default. Pick up your package today if you want to lock in access to both parts of the project!

More details on the package split are available here. Existing Star Citizen backers seeking to introduce friends and family to the ‘Verse can pick up a starter that includes both modules with a small discount here.

Whether you’re most looking forward to Star Citizen’s immersive persistent universe or Squadron 42’s dynamic single-player campaign, we’re looking forward to seeing you in the ‘Verse!

-The Star Citizen Team

That's a clever way to deny future refunds is what that is.

Pity Party Animal
Jul 23, 2006

Kakarot posted:

was about to post hehe

BSc. Hons MBA Grap Dip Ed?

I get BSc(Hons), I get MBA. But what the gently caress is Grap Dip Ed? Is that a line from an alien in SQ42?

Pity Party Animal
Jul 23, 2006

FTFY. I don't have half the talent of the mediocre folks in here, but you get the idea. If I had photoshop I'd change the Canadian flag to the Star Citizen one.

Pity Party Animal
Jul 23, 2006

ALL-PRO SEXMAN posted:

Anyway, here's some music that reminds of Rhris Coberts' Stir Citazen:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dy009iH3iJw

This the song I think of.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S8sgbPYaAnQ

Pity Party Animal
Jul 23, 2006

Hilarious. Until Sandi's appearance I was expecting this to be a joke. "We know how you make your money." Nailed it. This is probably nothing:

(That's the company producing)

Pity Party Animal
Jul 23, 2006
I always thought it would come crashing down on a Friday afternoon, maybe Saturday. An email out of the blue saying "Everyone is fired" and CIG management taking a vacation to a country without an extradition treaty with the US or UK. No game, no warning, no end to the meltdowns. And the spergs will look up to us and say, "Derek Smart was right!" And we'll look down and say, "Shoulda got a refund commando."

Pity Party Animal
Jul 23, 2006

Such fidelity, much pgabz.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pity Party Animal
Jul 23, 2006
The Star Citizen gameplay is Battlecruiser 3000 gameplay with less Derek Smart style key-bindings lmao. But no boats. Where are the boats Chris?

• Locked thread