Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
A large farva
Sep 5, 2006

Ramrod XTreme
Has anyone said Chard Saladizen?

1 bunch Swiss chard
1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil, divided
1 1/2 cup fresh breadcrumbs
1 clove garlic, minced
sea salt to taste
crushed red pepper flakes, optional
1 lemon
3/4 cups grated Parmesan, Grana Padano or Pecorino

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A large farva
Sep 5, 2006

Ramrod XTreme

Sushi in Yiddish posted:

No Man's Sky announced for June '16. Where will Star Citizen be at by that point?

Indigogo.

A large farva
Sep 5, 2006

Ramrod XTreme
I would be seriously freaked out about inflation if 90 million can't pull down a b-list trophy wife anymore but then again this is on the grognard socio-economic scale.

A large farva
Sep 5, 2006

Ramrod XTreme
This thread has convinced me I am smart for not giving money to internet spaceships, but terribly stupid in not giving a cat a good home.

Too many drat cute cats in this thread. Guess I know what my x-mas gift is going to be this year :3:

A large farva
Sep 5, 2006

Ramrod XTreme
Great the neos showed up now ARE YOU PLEASED DEREK?

A large farva
Sep 5, 2006

Ramrod XTreme

Shala posted:

I'd totally cut a gay for a doner atm.

Christ this is out of control.

A large farva
Sep 5, 2006

Ramrod XTreme
Let me remind you that in March of 99 you would sure as poo poo fall out of the goddamn boat in EQ and lose all your poo poo to sharks horribly. I mean they basically fixed it by april of 99 - as long as you didn't sit down on the boat and it wasn't even a SHIP based game so I have no worries here.

Ignore the imbeciles CIG will have better faster (not clipping the gently caress out into space) multi player ship mechanics than EQ did in 99 any day now.

A large farva
Sep 5, 2006

Ramrod XTreme
The head bob still going on in a cockpit while flying that increases and decreases with speed is amazing.

A large farva
Sep 5, 2006

Ramrod XTreme

Holy poo poo apparently Von Smith was recently at the green mill and I missed it :/ Thanks for sharing this.

Just wanted to swoop in with never taking a single business class but laughing at the notion that without a fixed end budget anything will ever actually get completed here.
It's the number one thing a project must have over requirements if you want something to ever get completed. Requirements are a nice thing to have to get something done right, but the only way to ensure it finishes is to have a budget.

So from what I've gathered here, at some point they moved their focus to ensuring the budget continues to expand and not actually ending the project. That's probably an issue.

Not that I care I would like an infinite budget for catte fighter pilot videos please.

A large farva
Sep 5, 2006

Ramrod XTreme
Please tell me that wingcommanderthemovie.com will soon redirect to wangcommandertheshiza.xxx in our lifetime.

A large farva
Sep 5, 2006

Ramrod XTreme
Although we will probably never know, I keep wondering just how large the early grey market and the bitcoin greedsters played in creating this hilarious situation.

I can't keep help but thinking how much of the current vocal community sounds like bitcoiners who are slowly coming to grip that they have yet again thrown away all their money trying to make a quick buck.

The difference is that with bitcoin it was scammers and criminals that got all their money, and in this case it's CGI.

A large farva
Sep 5, 2006

Ramrod XTreme
For only 1000 dollars you can now imagine watching plants grow in space. Tech demo of the new aquaponics mini game available in two weeks.

A large farva
Sep 5, 2006

Ramrod XTreme

Unfunny Poster posted:

That makes sense since EVE was coded in Python and hasn't/can't be changed away from that.

I had completely forgotten about this, but seriously they coded that poo poo IN PYTHON in like what 2004?

Star Citizen: EVE DID IN IT PYTHON

A large farva
Sep 5, 2006

Ramrod XTreme

quote:

Blog titles need to be drawn from a prefix/suffix list. Like

Prefix:
Sharting
D-List
Unqualified
Operation

Suffix:
Shitizens
Has-Beens
Arus
Investment

You are making me look bad at my SEO job plz stop.

Btw for a $10K pledge to amazon prime you get Prime+++* status. It's awesome I get weekly videos of amazon warehouse security cameras.

*For free 2-day shipping and access to Prime Video will require an additional $79.99/year subscribtion.

A large farva
Sep 5, 2006

Ramrod XTreme

HiHo ChiRho posted:

A goon banned till he's ninety-eight
He melted his ships, account wiped the next day
It's Lesnick turning away cake
It's a Madden meme two minutes too late
And isn't it ironic... don't you think

It's like rape in your spaceship game
It's a lovely ride when you've overpaid
It's the goon advice that you just didn't take
Who would've thought... it figures

...Ben owns 10,000 spoons, and 10,000 knives.

A large farva
Sep 5, 2006

Ramrod XTreme
We still don't have goon-de-ada do we? :smith:

edit: or a good chili cheese dog. I've learned there are no good chili cheese dogs anymore.

A large farva fucked around with this message at 07:36 on Jan 20, 2016

A large farva
Sep 5, 2006

Ramrod XTreme

Post-Entourage has not been good to Eric.

A large farva
Sep 5, 2006

Ramrod XTreme
Goddamnit This thread.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QzqUTJ7U3xs

A large farva
Sep 5, 2006

Ramrod XTreme
Technical (in)feasibility, MLM schemes, office toxicity, greymarket/bitcoin schemes, and all that aside - the one thing I still cannot get my head around is the pure amount of cash we are looking at.

At just imaginary numbers of $15/month/account (EVE or WOW) at an annual rate of $180 / year / account, CIG would have maintained 165,000 year long subscribers last year to take in 30 million dollars. (That's the max price an account would pay too and doesn't account for year/6mo/3mo package discounts)
How for the love of Christ do you bring in the equivalent of 2 million paid month subscriptions with zero product last year, and double how the gently caress do you manage this for multiple years in a row? By Comparison, EVE is believed to be somewhere in the 150k - 300k subscriber range now from a 2013 peak of ~350k subscribers that took 10 years to build.

Alternatively - if they were selling a game box unit, that would have pushed 500,000 units last year at 60$ / each.
All together, they would have pushed over 1.8 million copies to sell 110 million worth - which would probably put it in the top 20 of PC box games sold since 2010, and beating out the only other player in the genre - Elite which had sold ~1.4 million copies at the end of 2015.

All of this without an actual product in an obscure end of the PC gaming space MMO market? It just doesn't make sense. Whale fever dreams and cult aside - the market simply cannot be that big can it? Now I know these numbers are all just kind of in thin air and not directly applicable - but it was simply to look at the size of the market in terms of comparison and just to ask some questions about what is really going on. Unless I somehow missed that we don't actually know all the key 5k+ investors. But I don't recall Bootcha mentioning 30 backers that were all at his level or hundreds if not thousands of 5-25k backers.
My gut tells me there is more outstanding (and most likely much sinister) than simply whale dreams to deliver on.

A large farva
Sep 5, 2006

Ramrod XTreme

Since when was there ever a market for a wing commander sequel? Was there market studies that showed that the space sim market was under-saturated? Okay maybe - but it wasn't for Wing Commander it was for a space flying sim.

Edit: somehow snyped

Cory Catfish - also known as Corydoras (sci.) are goddamn adorable. I have 6 of them as bottom feeders in my freshwater aquarium and they are both exciting and relaxed in nature. There are 8-10 species of freshwater aquarium compatible 'cories' and they are known for both solitude and schooling. You will want to have a minimum school of at least 4, but I prefer the 6-10 range. They will need a good amount of coverage in the 2-4 Sq. inches/per fish. For most of the species - the females are larger in the 1-2 inch length range with males ranging from .25 (juvenile) up to 1 inch (adult male).

I highly suggest looking into the freshwater aquarium hobby, and Cory catfish can be a satisfying piece of that hobby.

Edit: A big thing with Cory catfish keeping is paying attention to their whiskers - they are essentially river pygmy catfish and their whiskers are extremely sensitive - choose your substrate wisely. Some substrates may be too sharp for catfish (it will cut their whiskers down :(

A large farva fucked around with this message at 06:00 on Apr 6, 2016

A large farva
Sep 5, 2006

Ramrod XTreme

TTerrible posted:

• You've managed to incorporate GOON VALOR a bunch so I really hope this is just someones gimmick account because it is loving perfection.

Firstname Lastname strikes again.

The last dance :yarg:

A large farva
Sep 5, 2006

Ramrod XTreme
This thread actually gave me a moment of self-reflection and I wanted to try and identify what I had spent on Eve and how that would align. I played Eve from 2006 - 2013 and my best estimates put spending between $900 and $1200 on Eve and played between 3000 and 5000 hours - and yes you would probably consider me a whale (running 1-3 accounts etc)

Based on that number, I would say I spent somewhere between $.2 and $.5 /hour on Eve (absolutely you can question my judgment there, but at least I did something for my money)

How does that stack up against other forms of entertainment?

Elite: Paid 80 bucks so far, and logged 600 hours: $.13/hour
Bioshock: Don't remember, but guessing it was 50 bucks and I played 20-40 hours. $1-$2.5/hour
Major motion picture in the theater: $5-$10 / hour.

So if I spent 1000 dollars on Star Citizen, I would expect somewhere in the neighborhood of one of the following:

Play 100-200 hours with the same entertainment level as watching a movie in the theatre.
Play 500-1000 hours with same entertainment level as Bioshock
Play 2000-4000 hours with same entertainment level as Eve or Elite.

It's pretty obvious that Chris really believes he can pull off a video game with the entertainment value of a movie - which is laughable because it's not the right goddamn medium for such a thing. There simply isn't a market for $10/hour entertainment in video gaming. (BattleTech pods er uhm yeah okay)

Now imagine if you put 5-15k in this game. CGI has pre-sold to some people a game with the entertainment equivalent somewhere between 20 years worth of expansions and subs to WOW, and 5000+ loving hours of BIOSHOCK. :psyduck:

I really can't tell anymore what's more delusional - the idea to sell the BDSSE, or the idea to buy it.

A large farva
Sep 5, 2006

Ramrod XTreme
I wonder just how many discussions there have been in the last three weeks regarding the feasibility of getting 70 odd ships a cameo in squadron 42 before the Feds come a knocking.

A large farva
Sep 5, 2006

Ramrod XTreme
I'm convinced.

Derek I demand you immediately resign your position as King community manager mod for the eleventy billion dollar Indiegokickpatreoner campaign something awful forum thingy power stuff.

A large farva
Sep 5, 2006

Ramrod XTreme
So wait -
Also in AAA titles with 100 million budgets - isn't 40-60 million of that development and the rest marketing / advertising budget?

Like The new COD - wouldn't that cost like 30-40 million making that and then another 30-40 million in tv / print / internet radio.

Whose going to chip in the 50 million for advertising for SQ 42 or is that already reserved? (Ben Lesnik is not advertising)

A large farva
Sep 5, 2006

Ramrod XTreme
Hey guys look at all these idiots making big plans and creating imaginary guilds around a game that doesn't exist.

*sets up a guild teamspeak to make fun of them*

A large farva
Sep 5, 2006

Ramrod XTreme
Anyone know the quote about why CIG moved to SoCal? Wasn't it around being centrally located to their marketing efforts? If so laffo that a year later they are bailing on E3.

A large farva
Sep 5, 2006

Ramrod XTreme
My lonely egress is after shown one Vive to shiv in my Courtney...

ZenMaster posted:

my only egret is that I have but one fife to give for my poultry

A large farva
Sep 5, 2006

Ramrod XTreme
The fourth stimpire sounds a lot like playing EVE.

A large farva
Sep 5, 2006

Ramrod XTreme
I think it would be fair to remind everyone that quotes the budget number it's all from a magical spaceship counter which we all know is not accurate and probably never has been.

They could say they have now raised 20B or 20 pence - either would be as accurate as the number we all currently talk about due to the lack of regulation of accounting of crowd-funded games.

A large farva
Sep 5, 2006

Ramrod XTreme

EminusSleepus posted:

someone posted this in Derek's tweet feed lol

needs more guns...

Edit: suns out guns out...

A large farva
Sep 5, 2006

Ramrod XTreme

BattleMaster posted:

I don't get it, don't you have to be a game developer or journalist to get into E3? How did this C-list actress get in?

So basically unemployed. Wannabe actress definitely meets that.

A large farva
Sep 5, 2006

Ramrod XTreme
I appreciate the CryEngine insights - So uh, didn't EQ have 0,0 coordinates in the original build. Didn't Minecraft follow that map approach?

A large farva
Sep 5, 2006

Ramrod XTreme
Star Citizen: come watch a tickling time-bomb

A large farva
Sep 5, 2006

Ramrod XTreme
I was promised goon de Yada almost 12 months ago and it has not been delivered so I'm getting a refund.

A large farva
Sep 5, 2006

Ramrod XTreme
Wasn't it like 2 months ago that it was announced that SC was on-hold for this year to finish S42? Did they talk about SQ42 at gamescon? I'm so confused.

A large farva
Sep 5, 2006

Ramrod XTreme

Furia posted:

I can't understand Ben Lesnick is what I'm saying

You just don't understand crowd-funded obesity development.

A large farva
Sep 5, 2006

Ramrod XTreme
The bond posts alone provide a suitable of slightly overdone backlog of thread titles for a couple month

Star Citizen: On his majesties' secret server

A large farva
Sep 5, 2006

Ramrod XTreme
When I look into your posts
I can see a sperg in pain,
But darlin' when you're scamming
You know I'll find your domains.

Nothin' lasts forever
And we both know accounts can change
And it's hard to keep my modship
In the cold November rain

Goon night sweet warlord.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A large farva
Sep 5, 2006

Ramrod XTreme
In shocking news it turns out that basically anyone that is capable of forming a logical thought AND is enthusiastic about Star Citizen is just fleecing nerds on the grey market.

• Locked thread