Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kazy
Oct 23, 2006

0x38: FLOPPY_INTERNAL_ERROR

MeLKoR posted:

Is that Jack Packard from Red Letter Media in the 3rd row from the bottom, 3rd from the left? White people all look alike to me.

RLM is based in Milwaukee, so no. Funny how that picture is 90% 20s-30s white dudes though,

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kazy
Oct 23, 2006

Goons have already learned the hard way that self-run image hosting is just asking for disaster. RIP waffleimages

Kazy
Oct 23, 2006

Ragequit posted:

I'd hide/delete my LinkedIn/Facebook page if some weirdos decided to go in to stalker/research mode too. Jesus Christ man, who cares where she went to school?

She's probably being paid six figures for a job she's not qualified for just because she's CR's wife. Plus another six figures for her "acting" role.

Kazy
Oct 23, 2006

xanif posted:

I believe the original post was in yospos and I'm not going to find it but the text was this:

so seraph is aatrek??

Kazy
Oct 23, 2006

Is it me, or is PC Gamer the only place with regular articles on Star Citizen?

Kazy
Oct 23, 2006

Literally Kermit posted:

Hi, ho! Kermit "Big Frog" Laphroaig here, and I am the leader and chief cook & bottle-washer of the Diamond Frogs, Elite: Dangerous' answer to Goonfleet, or whatever.

Recently came to my attention 20-loving-thousand posts back that Lowtax is giving out free accounts to CIG Forum refugees, so's they can talk about Star Citizen in a non-toxic environment/general deprogrammification. And it was an actual account, not a jpeg of an account.

For those new goons, here's the skinny: a lot of goons were Star Citizen backers, and most of them bailed months ago. A great deal bought into Elite: Dangerous and, despite Frontier Developments best efforts, most are still playing. Since Star Citizen has been the greatest Elite: Dangerous recruiting tool I have ever seen, I wanted to do something for you poor unfortunate souls now forced to turn to the comedy forums of Something Awful.

So, if you wanna try out the base game which is like 15 bucks on steam, but don't want to spend several hours getting into a cooler ship, I am offering help to any former Star Citizen backer, past present and future, to help them get going towards the ship of their dreams.

Now I am not going to help you grind out a 150 million credit Anaconda overnight - but I can help you get into something like, say, an Asp to jump-start your Commandering Career like a goddamn pro, and give you tips and things. A couple million credits and a pat on the rear end later and you'll be dancing, friend. All for zero actual real life dollars. Holy poo poo! No catch. Holier poo poo!!

You'll also be honorary members of the Diamond Frogs (ok one catch) because as many complaints as Elite gets, it's a game that really needs a thriving community to shine. People need something to do, and we will give it to them, by Jesus. Sure, we might slap you into an Eagle with no shields and just railguns for an "adventure" but at the moment you have no idea what that means, nor the general significance of the :getin: emote, so we'll kill two birds with one stone.

Ready? :getin:

To apply, just go to this thread and follow the instructions in the first post. In your application. Throw in a "PAAAAARP" in the form or application, so we know you're down with the sickness. That way we know what money making schemeswe want to test out on you proven stable income methods to assign you.

You'll be out of your starter sidewinder and into a cozy Viper Mk IV in no time at all, Commando! Except in this game you actually ARE playing as a Commander, not an alpha as one. Wear it with pride.

I am sure this post will get buried soon so pass this poo poo the gently caress on. Tell it to your friends. Like flames passed on from torch to torch let the legend of the Diamond Frogs grow.

See you at Mother Goat, Commanders. o7

Before joining the Diamond Frogs I was a spacepoor with only a Cobra to my name. Thanks to the Frogs I am now space middle class with a fleet of 5 ships, including a 90 million credit Federal Assault Ship.

Kazy
Oct 23, 2006

1500 posted:

I am talking about right after. If you owned ED already then %25 was taken off the price of horizons, dropping it down to $45, if you were looking at steam it was an auto discount, if you were looking FD store it said right on the page. So yes Frontier did in fact give past owners of ED a discount on Horizons. Everything in the Horizons trailer is in the game.

They also very recently changed the way Horizons is sold. Now Horizons is purely a DLC "season pass" sold separately from Elite Dangerous. There is no more discount for Elite owners because it's just a DLC now instead of Base Game + Expansion.

Kazy
Oct 23, 2006

Thrustmaster HOTAS X is a good value for $40, I use it for Elite and I don't have to use my keyboard for anything. (Which is good since I have a Rift DK2 and I can't see the keyboard when I play)

Kazy
Oct 23, 2006

You don't even need to hit any edit buttons. Just put an "l" for large or "h" for "huge" at the end of the filename (before the .png) to get resized versions.

Kazy
Oct 23, 2006

trucutru posted:

I wonder if this guy is shilling for vr devices or phones? What could it beeee?

That guy works for HTC, so.. Both, kinda?

Kazy
Oct 23, 2006

Why do people always say "open development!" in defense of SC? Open in the sense that they show off concept art sometimes and have a buggy tech demo? Or open in the sense that they just say "yes" to new features and call that a "sneak peek"? I really don't get it.

Kazy
Oct 23, 2006

Shouldn't Squadron 42 be the miscarried fetus? :v:

Kazy
Oct 23, 2006

Gumbel2Gumbel posted:

"01/09/2012. This is now almost 4 years ago."

THAT IS 4 YEARS AND 6.5 MONTHS AGO.

Backwards Europeans write the date Day/Month

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kazy
Oct 23, 2006

simplefish posted:

Can someone give me the cliff notes on how Derek Smart is supposed to have doxxed a kid? I gave it a quick google but the first few results are all nerd circles handwringing and no real facts. Something about IMDB and public information.

The guy on Twitter, who I posted about earlier, is now all "a bloo bloo bloo Derek Smart is allowed to post on the ED forums and if they take his business they won't be getting mine" and brought up the doxx thing.

That's him in the wheelchair.

• Locked thread