Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mr.Tophat
Apr 7, 2007

You clearly don't understand joke development :justpost:
This bears repeating.

Because it's too loving perfect not to.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr.Tophat
Apr 7, 2007

Eonwe posted:

get a refund, citizen

Spinning pink elephant, god bless you. Merry Christmas, one and all.

Mr.Tophat
Apr 7, 2007

Samizdata posted:

I wouldn't trust him to fund it. The tune posted has nothing even CLOSE to a money parp at :35. Prolly spent all their money/sense on SC.

Try waiting three seconds for airhorns buddy.

What in blazes are you talking about?

Mr.Tophat
Apr 7, 2007

Samizdata posted:

Waited well past a minute. The rest is just joshing you about your commitment to the Smart way of life.

I just meant a good sounding parp. As in literally, the sound of an airhorn. I was hoping someone might hear the airhorns in that track and maybe put it into a star citizen bug video. Just trying to promote open development posts about star citizen. Sorry I mislead you, but I promise I'll edit it in two weeks to be clearer to my vision for that post.

You have to remember, my post development history is only 1.5 years, you gotta expect bugs. No-one has ever done this before.

Mr.Tophat
Apr 7, 2007

AlmightyPants posted:

I don't know poo poo about MWO, but that might be the least self-aware post in the history of the internet.

It's staggering. It's like a palindrome or something.

Mr.Tophat
Apr 7, 2007

grimcreaper posted:

i must have missed something.. what is that a reference too? I went back along the posts but couldnt figure it out.

This:

peter gabriel posted:

Holy poo poo.
A friend of mine helped send some guys down a few years ago, they were stealing pension money, all already very rich but assholes.
They got released today.
I have just watched him give all the money they were due from dividends to an age concern charity, live, while they were also watching.
Holyyyyy fuuuuuuuccckkk, he just held the screen up to his camera, there was £3.8 million and he loving clicked the donate button.

(Just in case you're in the same boat as me and enjoying booze on Christmas Eve of all nights and are suitably imbibed; the bigwigs just got out of jail and get regular payments from being part of a company, and this dude redirected those funds to those they hosed over)

That's amazing dancing cat man. Your friend is a hero. A proverbial robin hood. Merry Christmas everyone!

Mr.Tophat fucked around with this message at 22:17 on Dec 24, 2015

Mr.Tophat
Apr 7, 2007

peter gabriel posted:

Any funny SC stuff going on?

Maybe.

Maybe in two weeks?

:shepspends:

Mr.Tophat
Apr 7, 2007

Eonwe posted:

Wesha did you know you can pay $10 to change our avatars to embarrassing stuff

Tell me more

:haw:

Mr.Tophat
Apr 7, 2007

Amarcarts posted:

Merry Christmas all. I got a $25 dollar gift card and I'm thinking about picking up a game or two (or maybe even 3) in the Steam Sale. Nothing early access though and no pre-orders. I think that stuff is kind of silly.

You should get bad rats.

Mr.Tophat
Apr 7, 2007

Breetai posted:

Ask innocently on the forums whether in order to make SC as good as his legacy games CR has hired *insert names of the actual WC scriptwriters here* to assist with the scripting, and see how long the thread lasts.

Genius.

Someone has to do this.

Mr.Tophat
Apr 7, 2007

Broccoli Cat posted:

holy poo poo, your first friend!

that's not very Christmasy

it ruins my immersion that you did that

Mr.Tophat
Apr 7, 2007

Can I tell you guys a secret?

I think GBS is pay to win.

Mr.Tophat
Apr 7, 2007

Toops posted:

Yeah some creepy doxxing last couple of pages. I do not want.

The petard the retard brought in was his own to be hoisted by.

Mr.Tophat
Apr 7, 2007

starkebn posted:

She was asking for it with those clothes she was wearing

Come on officer, that's an unfair comparison

No, don't take my space trucking license away! It's all I've got!

Mr.Tophat
Apr 7, 2007

This is a fellow with absolutely nothing to lose.

Except further cash to a scam more sophisticated than Herbalife.

Mr.Tophat
Apr 7, 2007

Marching Powder posted:

i don't have much time or money because i buy pictures of space ships and spend ungodly amounts of time defending the purchase online across multiple forums but i'm looking for a gf. must have fidelity

Fixed that for you chum

Mr.Tophat
Apr 7, 2007

:eyepop:

Mr.Tophat
Apr 7, 2007

peter gabriel posted:

I've tried convincing exactly none of my friends to buy this as I value their friendship and they aren't people I met online

Speaking of your friends, any more news on your buddy who took funds from the scummy criminal's bank account to help the elderly they hosed over? I'm sure I'm not the only one who's interested.

Mr.Tophat
Apr 7, 2007

War is Peace
Freedom is Slavery
Ignorance is Strength
CIG is Frugal.
P2W is Donations.

Mr.Tophat
Apr 7, 2007

Ravane posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sEuY6-UM8VI

Please watch Derek Smart. It's incredible.

This is some good poo poo. Real good poo poo.

:allears:

Beautiful. This thread continues to deliver in spades.

Mr.Tophat
Apr 7, 2007

This thread

This loving thread

Bless you all for your efforts

Mr.Tophat
Apr 7, 2007

I can't stop laughing at it, it's perfect

Mr.Tophat
Apr 7, 2007

Amarcarts posted:

As I walk through my hangar on deck D of Port Olisar
I take a look at my JPEGs and realize I've gone too far
'Cause I've been griefin' and gankin' so long,
That even Lowtax thinks that my mind is gone
But I ain't never crossed a shitizen that didn't deserve it
I grief 'em as a goon and ruin they immersion
You better watch how I'm runnin' and don't walk
Anything to hear the shitlords whine and squawk
I really hate to crash but I gotta joke
As I croak, I see myself in the laser smoke, fool
I'm the kinda G the little goonies wanna be like
In the 'verse in the night sendin' spergs to their next life

Been spending most our lives, living in a griefer's paradise
Been spending most our lives, living in a griefer's paradise
Keep spending most our lives, living in a griefer's paradise
Keep spending most our lives, living in a griefer's paradise

This is perfect in every single loving way.

Mr.Tophat
Apr 7, 2007

Kakarot posted:

Lool only make fun of fat MEN. Doing it to gals gets you probed by white knight mods

Where do you stand on gamergate?

Mr.Tophat
Apr 7, 2007

Has Ben's wife ever explained the duties of her position? Because I'd love to hear it.

Mr.Tophat
Apr 7, 2007

Berious posted:

She's a job hostage. If Ben tells everyone where the bodies are buried they're both out of a job and penniless

This is like a Chinese dynasty tactic or something. 1000 year loyalty. Or else.

Mr.Tophat
Apr 7, 2007

Kilmers Elbow posted:

Some of the animals were disturbed when they heard that they already owned Squadron 42.

Boxer passed it o ff as usual with `Chris is always right!', but Clover, who thought she remembered a de finite promise went to the end of the barn and tried to puzzle out some previous statements from the Chairman.

Finding herself unable to understand little more than waving hands, she fetched Muriel.

`Muriel,' she said, `Did Chris not say "Where Star Marine differs from Arena Commander is that we’re not launching it in its most basic game. Instead, we’re trying for something more. It includes animation fidelity and attention to detail that you wouldn’t normally expect in an “alpha” gameplay module. There’s even an entire sci-fi sports game with zero-G movement fully simulated and animated in there!"?

Muriel spelt it out. `It says, "So, with the Alpha 2.0 onwards, you have basically what we were planning to do with Star Citizen from the very very very beginning.".

Clover tried but could not reconcile the two statements.

'Clover' Muriel said, 'They ARE making good progress, but it's only really visible to those of us who are willing to forget their words from before and focus on their current words.'

Superb stuff

Mr.Tophat
Apr 7, 2007

sorla78 posted:

The Female in the back is CIG's newly promoted Director of HR, seemingly trying to show Mark Skelton something on her laptop - from the way he looks it must be the list of artists in Austin that are going to be fired by End of Jan 2016.

Saying 'the female' makes you sound like a social reject.

Mr.Tophat
Apr 7, 2007

I started writing some basic notes about Star Citizen on a whim and that was three hours ago. Now I'm sitting on two thousand words just concerning possible things to talk about. I've gotta spend some time figuring out how to tackle something on such a scope, what angle to take it from, and how invested in this entire thing I want to be if I go through with this article. Opinions piece vs overview + informative. Laughing at the entire sorry state of affairs vs trying to inform, maybe help and predict how things will play out. Some strong comments and pieces about this are already out there, and I don't want to half-rear end this thing if I'm going to do it. I read this thread because it interests me, and it makes me laugh. Reading Gorn's posts though...is there more than just the laughs? I'm amazed that more folks haven't jumped on this story. I considered offering editing services but I figure I could do more good some way else.

I have yet to break out the notepad and pens to start doing some backtracking and information gathering, a large deal of that will be reading previous threads no doubt. Gotta get a clear idea of key players and the such so I can talk about this stuff accurately. Might have to ask a whole bunch of questions in one massive effort post, so we can gather information together. Still cautious about committing towards writing this piece, as the more cult minded of the star citizen saga will no doubt hound me in some way or another. It's a strange time we live in.

This thread is amazing and is an absolute gold-mine of content, be it in recipe form or otherwise. I hope I don't develop jpeg-lung from it all.

Mr.Tophat
Apr 7, 2007

Illegal Move posted:

I'll probably throw together a first version of this tomorrow or over the weekend. Any ideas are welcome.

All of this sounds fantastic.

Mr.Tophat
Apr 7, 2007

alphabettitouretti posted:

There's a lot to dig through. A good starting point might be to go three or four threads back and make a note of every relevant post. It's not a small task but there's been a lot of poo poo posted like links to vids, quotes etc.

I have pm'd gorf about collaborating on something. If people are generally interested we should take it to a Trello board or something.

Agreed. I'll do my best to keep at this task, in one form of another, so I'll upgrade my forums account so I can actually use private messages and such. I'll be honest, I'm siding more towards an opinion piece than guiding folks through the maze of information out there, but I'll still have to reference some of the more dramatic fiascos that have occurred. No point wasting investigative effort.

Mr.Tophat
Apr 7, 2007

Some interesting spycraft going on, that's for sure. Derek, when was the last time you read how to appropriately use and treat spies in the Art of War?

EightAce, be careful, protect yourself, but if you can, avoid a NDA.

Mr.Tophat
Apr 7, 2007

neonbregna posted:

Got my concierge VIP card and it works pretty good

The spice must parp

Mr.Tophat
Apr 7, 2007

G0RF posted:

If Sandi really was in the middle of a resignation speech...
...and it was interrupted by a surprise gift of flowers...
...paid for out of F42 Customer Support petty cash...
...motivated by their own good will and compassion...
...which thwarted the planned resignation speech...
...and gave Sandi the will to keep up the good fight...
...and in turn set the conditions for her to return to the UK...
...right as the Beer email catastrophe was exploding...
...and then go absolutely psycho on the very same group who inadvertently thwarted her resignation with flowers then I would truly go :vince:.

This is more probable than I could ever dream of it being. Please, let me dreams come true

in two weeks

Mr.Tophat
Apr 7, 2007

It's not forced, you have to push a button to continue or...not. You don't have to. It's your choice.Your game session is going to reach the same conclusion if you press the button or not.

Mr.Tophat
Apr 7, 2007

The 'verse. You kickstarted it. We came.

'It's just a space game!'

Oh no! It's a means to summon our shitposting!

Mr.Tophat
Apr 7, 2007

Doin' fine work Necatus. Props to you!

Mr.Tophat
Apr 7, 2007

Eonwe posted:

star citizen is bad

Eonwe, almost every time I see one of your posts, my day is made better

lol if you put Eonwe on ignore you're missing one of the better bits about star citizen

and sa

Mr.Tophat
Apr 7, 2007

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr.Tophat
Apr 7, 2007

Rad Russian posted:

Cultists are unbelievable right? And people already forgot the $20,000 coffee machine Croberts bought for the office.

They keep coming into this thread, ignore all the of the money waste we point out and sperg about project timelines and it taking more time and that's ok because game development... WHO GIVES A poo poo. You gave money to an imbecile that buys $5,000 chairs and $20,000 coffee makers with backer money. He also wasted untold millions on opening/closing mo cap studios and offices because he is an idiot and does not know how to manage a company. He also blew something like several mil on Illfonic with nothing to show for it. No one gives a poo poo about the timelines besides it adding even more to this comedic trainwreck.

Twenty dollars extra for an expansion to a game is unthinkable on consumer side
Twenty thousand dollars extra for a coffee maker to a game's development company is permissable on production side

I tried to make this post like that Stalin quote, you know, like the one about death, tragedy and statistics? Well, I tried, but basically the punchline is star citizen is a war crime

• Locked thread