Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Variable 5
Apr 17, 2007
random
Grimey Drawer

Eonwe posted:

I had a steak today

It was a life changing experience

I played a game today
It was a life changing experience

This post changed my life.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Variable 5
Apr 17, 2007
random
Grimey Drawer

Ghostlight posted:

Yes, checking facts is a good thing to do.

Such as, the skunkworks for Elite:Dangerous were not on the engine but on the game itself. The current Cobra engine - the fourth to bear the Cobra brand which was started in 1988 - was actually completed in 2004 and was the engine used for all those paying gigs.

According to his "logic" one could argue that SC has been in development for over twelve years, since it's on the engine built for Far Cry.

Variable 5
Apr 17, 2007
random
Grimey Drawer

Beet Wagon posted:

Also, someone loving tell Lowtax to stop trying to download Arena Commander 2.0 on the same connection the server hosts are on. God drat.

Working stylesheets are a Platinum 2.0 feature. You should look at upgrading.

Variable 5
Apr 17, 2007
random
Grimey Drawer
Is this game cancelled yet

Variable 5
Apr 17, 2007
random
Grimey Drawer
If only this were the brown sea, where we would all be able to post on a given page number over and over again, every time the mods went on a deletion spree :allears:

Variable 5
Apr 17, 2007
random
Grimey Drawer

With this logic, the time-in-development counter is reset for every new studio or office they open.

Sandi, you know what to do.

Variable 5
Apr 17, 2007
random
Grimey Drawer

A Neurotic Jew posted:

so which ships are considered adequate right now? The Hornet?

Which ship is on sale this week?

Variable 5
Apr 17, 2007
random
Grimey Drawer

Lowtax posted:

I will gift free forum accounts to folks who were banned from RSI. I mean, obviously I'm going to take it on a case by case basis, but I am putting the offer out there. Email me at webmaster@somethingawful.com with your story.

But you'll make them pay extra for the secret forum, right? Seems only fair.

Variable 5
Apr 17, 2007
random
Grimey Drawer

Gilganixon posted:

that quiz said I'm a whale but I've given less than $5000 to CIG. what gives?

You must fulfill your destiny.

Variable 5
Apr 17, 2007
random
Grimey Drawer

alf_pogs posted:

so when's the next 104TC gonna hit?

9:03 am

Variable 5
Apr 17, 2007
random
Grimey Drawer

phosdex posted:

so has anyone else been using this fly free weekend to create a fake account and then just downloading the game, deleting the files and repeating over and over? well I have. gigabit fiber, no bandwidth cap, and a vsphere server to do this over and over again. they may have denied my refund so I'll make them pay in bandwidth eventually.

I thought I was the only one doing this. I'm up to about 7TB a month (counting a bit of light Netflix usage) on my hidden still-unbanned alt.

Variable 5
Apr 17, 2007
random
Grimey Drawer

Sperglord posted:

It would be beyond imagination if SA trolling was the cause of CIG building a patcher.

But it's probably true :yarg:

Patcher won't help if there's a script that deletes the files as they're being downloaded.

Edit: I bet I can find a DD-WRT plugin that will corrupt certain data and force the patcher to retry incessantly.

Variable 5 fucked around with this message at 08:00 on Feb 6, 2016

Variable 5
Apr 17, 2007
random
Grimey Drawer

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

need to see this pic. i bet croberts is super uncomfortable

I found this

Variable 5
Apr 17, 2007
random
Grimey Drawer

Daztek posted:

Did anyone make a Star Citizen/Titanic joke yet

is shitloaf the iceberg

Variable 5
Apr 17, 2007
random
Grimey Drawer

Darkpriest667 posted:

The ACLU will sue their asses so fast even Derek's lawyers heads would spin.

I don't think you know what the ACLU does

Variable 5
Apr 17, 2007
random
Grimey Drawer

Darkpriest667 posted:

So gender discrimination in video games isn't going to be a thing? Have you even paid attention to what's been going on the past 5 years? AN ENTRY fee to be a woman in a game? They'll have a field day dood. I know exactly what they do.

:ughh:

ACLU isn't suing anybody for not including female characters, or for charging for female character unlocks.

Variable 5
Apr 17, 2007
random
Grimey Drawer

EightAce posted:

I have never seen him take drugs that's the truth. He loves very very expensive Vodka but gets paralytic after about 4 shots. Not saying that backer funds haven't paid for the vodka though.
Also his brother is very generous and loves buying in food and goodies for the peons; good parties to.

Variable 5
Apr 17, 2007
random
Grimey Drawer

Beet Wagon posted:

D_Smart meeting with the staties today. Could be a good day.

but we probably won't know for :twoweeks:

It'll probably end up with Smart getting arrested for trying to start a fight.

Edit: "Let me loving finish!"

Variable 5
Apr 17, 2007
random
Grimey Drawer

Wafflz posted:

Sorry to be like a stick in the mud or whatever but why would fed or state authorities need to meet with Derek? It's not like he is a prosecutor, attorney, pi or leo. He's just some dude on the internet. I'm calling bs on this meeting with feds/state authorities thing.

"Visit with state" is renewing his vehicle registration. "Feds" means he submitted his tax return.

Variable 5
Apr 17, 2007
random
Grimey Drawer

A Neurotic Jew posted:

https://forums.robertsspaceindustries.com/discussion/comment/6375302/#Comment_6375302 <--- click here if you want to read alot of words by Ben Lesnick about the minutia of the Wing Commander movie.

This is like those guys that theorycraft endlessly about lightsaber fighting styles and how much skill is required to wave a space dildo around.

Except some of Star Wars is actually, you know, good. And exists.

Edit: ^^^ holy poo poo that's real :stare:

Variable 5
Apr 17, 2007
random
Grimey Drawer

D_Smart posted:

I never considered it as being in my best interest. I tend to be rather selfless. So for me, it's just a battle that needs to be won. And they started it. All I did was write a blog. Then they attacked. Then I went digging; pinged a few industry people. The rest is history.

Win, lose or draw, regardless of how (it will be all bad) this turns out, I am eternally connected to it and my name will be whispered in hush tones.

...meanwhile, over at the cesspool of malcontent that is /r/DerekSmart/ they still haven't figured out that they are my best weapon in this here war of attrition. drat amateurs.

Modest, too.

Variable 5
Apr 17, 2007
random
Grimey Drawer
Who the gently caress is Dolvack

Edit: Is this Dovlack?

Variable 5
Apr 17, 2007
random
Grimey Drawer

Marching Powder posted:

dolvak is one of the coolest, most charismatic sc enthusiast the community has to offer

Is he that kid that runs the Inn network page? Dude looks like he's twelve. Someone should warn him about seraph. :ohdear:

Variable 5
Apr 17, 2007
random
Grimey Drawer
Yes I can totally take a self-proclaimed news organization seriously that makes poo poo like this.

Maybe one day Sandig will appear in a fake in-game news video with them and awkwardly fire someone.

Variable 5
Apr 17, 2007
random
Grimey Drawer

I Greyhound posted:

Pretty sure Flagship is going to do everything Star Citizen does and better, and sooner.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A6zdOixScfQ

Looks like it's been cancelled or abandoned, so you're still correct.

Variable 5
Apr 17, 2007
random
Grimey Drawer

EightAce posted:

Hmmmmm
It seems I will have to stop posting for a while. There is a new trailer coming out soon watch out for Craig Fairbrass if they leave him in (He is genuinely a diamond in a sea of horrible 90's FMV poo poo)

Stay safe commandos and see you in the verse.

:ohdear:

Variable 5
Apr 17, 2007
random
Grimey Drawer

It's true. Fat young clean-shaven guys do tend to look like middle-aged lesbians.

Variable 5
Apr 17, 2007
random
Grimey Drawer

Wrecked Angle posted:

Can you make me an LoD gameplay video please :pgabz:. I have cc in hand but am on the fence.

Edit: What does his symbol mean on Steam? I can't read but isn't this sign normally bad? Well, I mean associated with bad things?

The reviews on Steam are a good read. 22 ostensibly marked positive, but all but nine were sarcastic. Of those nine, three were neutral, three were written by idiots, and three were actually positive but mostly talked about potential, rather than an actual game.

I'm waiting for the day when DS hires Sandi away to do marketing for LoD :allears:

or the day when he realizes that as soon as SC becomes a footnote, so will he.

Variable 5
Apr 17, 2007
random
Grimey Drawer

Ash1138 posted:

lol flatline

200 employes x $30 average hourly cost (not salary) x 8 hours a day = $48,000

oh poo poo son

Variable 5
Apr 17, 2007
random
Grimey Drawer

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

https://robertsspaceindustries.com/media/m5yg154mizsi9r/source/JumpPoint_04-02_Feb-16_Fly-Galactically-Design-Modularly.pdf

New JP is up with Scoutchat. The intro says it all...

"The XiAn Scout has been in development longer than most ships, in large part because its the first XiAn vessel weve created. Several artists have taken lead on it in succession, starting with Elijah McNeal, followed by Eddie Del Rio and Gary Sanchez, with significant input from Chris Olivia, Chris Smith and others."

Definitely reflects CIG's "priorities change hourly" school of project management.

Have they just given up on pretending JP is for subscribers only?

Variable 5
Apr 17, 2007
random
Grimey Drawer

Wrecked Angle posted:

I made a handy chart for those of you that are still having trouble understanding software development.

Third bar needs eight or nine hundred vertical "deadline" markers

Variable 5
Apr 17, 2007
random
Grimey Drawer

Chalks posted:

There's no way it's not a hitch hiker's reference. They've even got a towel as a backer reward. It's all that same tired reference.

Yeah, the Sandi thing seems like a stretch. And even if it's true, who cares? They're not supposed to use a certain number anywhere just because Sandi likes it? :rolleyes:

Variable 5
Apr 17, 2007
random
Grimey Drawer
"Sandi Gardiner" and "Cloud Imperium" have the same number of letters :tinfoil:

Variable 5
Apr 17, 2007
random
Grimey Drawer

No you see this space ship entertainment device obviously didn't make a reference to an iconic part of some other space ship entertainment device

And this matters because

Variable 5
Apr 17, 2007
random
Grimey Drawer

Haven't you ever heard of a false flag operation? That's obviously faked to cover up the true meaning of the number, which is that one of the founders kind of likes it. But this information could destroy the very basis of civilization as we know it!!!

Variable 5
Apr 17, 2007
random
Grimey Drawer

D_Smart posted:

Yes - that's a perfectly reasonable analysis. But what can I say? We can only assume that she appropriated it, then used it as if she, in her bubble, would be the only one to know the meaning of the number 42. You know, like how she never - in her wildest dreams - realize that all the lies she's been telling since day one would come out, she'd get caught and she'd be derided.

Imagine her telling that to a bunch of Hollywood nutjobs at a dinner party and not a single one among them knows that she's full of poo poo and seemingly misappropriated a trope popular only to sci-fi fans. Case in point: she's married to Chris Roberts who obviously has a penchant for sci-fi and he "gets it".

It's Sandi. This is perfectly normal behavior.

Who gives a poo poo

Variable 5
Apr 17, 2007
random
Grimey Drawer

Crazy_BlackParrot posted:

So like really don't backers find this poo poo offensive?
I mean seriously apart from the serious elephants in the room...

That poo poo is expensive, i'm actually saving for said furniture myself. And to see is mishandled like this...

Backers money? Like gently caress, someone go make a thread about this on RSI or something.
I'm seriously interested what the general feeling is towards this.

I'm honestly more interested in what the guys actually working on the "game" think. You've got talented artists and developers busting their asses for a moron that throws out what they make because reasons. Then you've got a fat piece of poo poo, his turd of a wife, and Smug Santa there literally destroying an expensive couch while they watch a movie, and it's okay because they're streaming them watching the movie. :rolleyes:

Morale at the CIG offices must be amazing :allears:

Variable 5
Apr 17, 2007
random
Grimey Drawer

This should be on every page.

Variable 5
Apr 17, 2007
random
Grimey Drawer

peter gabriel posted:

Tip: If your trousers become cycling shorts every time you site down you may want to lose a little weight

It's reverse weight loss. If he eats enough people and becomes large enough, he becomes a black hole and collapses in on himself. Genius, really.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Variable 5
Apr 17, 2007
random
Grimey Drawer

Tijuana Bibliophile posted:

Pretty sure I could host their server on my NAS

Nothing on their site would require them to go "in the red", they make loving webcam videos

Unless they spend lots on CGI work I guess :shrug:

Hey that one guy's mom probably spent a lot of money on the wall sound dampeners.

• Locked thread