Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Samizdata
May 14, 2007

fuctifino posted:

Gramaphone0468 definitely isn't Karl.

Hello Daniel Simons.

Reported for doxxing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

Tokamak posted:

stick it in my cloaca

Your feathers are SO fluffy, and your lice tickle my shaven groin...

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

Marching Powder posted:

i don't have much time or money because i buy pictures of space ships and spend ungodly amounts of time defending the purchase online across multiple forums but i'm looking for a gf. must have depth JPEGs.

FTFY correctly.

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

Marching Powder posted:

just a thought man if you're going to be a dickhead in every corner of the internet to defend the honor of the most pathetic thing imaginable you may want to avoid using a name that when googled will immediately own you into the ground causing you to instantly revert to several embarrassing posts of you rolling with the punches. i understand that in terms of general, objective patheticness you'd actually be somewhere in the lower-middle of star citizen backers which over time may have caused you to think that you're not a massive loser but even among other gamers you're still a pretty huge embarrassment and you should avoid broadcasting this far and wide in future. that said good luck with your big broken space game.

Wait a minute. Aren't the diehard defenders that keep investing "the most pathetic thing imaginable"?

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

fuctifino posted:

It's a fantastic investment. Better than bitcoin. Buy 2.

It has nowhere to go but up UP UP! To the moon!

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

Madcosby posted:

Team Dyno has been online for 33 minutes!!! This is the most epic finale ever! How do they stay on so long without losing connec--

and the game has crashed. 34 minutes! Who can play at this incredible level

:golfclap:

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

Hillary Clintons Thong posted:

really seems like a pinky & the brain dynamic though

Gee, Sandi, what do you want to do tonight?

The same thing we do every night, Chris - shave off all our pubes!

PAAAAAAAAAAAAAARP!

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

Natron posted:

I have a question about this now, too. Let's say that I bought an entry level ship for 35 bucks or whatever, and then I go about my business in the 'verse, ramming people, shooting up peaceful stations and the like and then some griefer blows my ship to smithereens. If I have no insurance, I now have no ship and no money. Everything I've heard points to you requiring a ship to make money, haul goods, whatever, so how the hell can I even play the game with no ship? Also, will I be expected to do stupid mini games or act as a turret gunner for other useless human beings at less than 2 dollars per hour to the tune of 15 hours just to get another lovely entry-level ship? I have a feeling most people would look at the prospect and just uninstall the game.

Did you buy insurance? If not, you are an irresponsible ship owner. Now, go make drinks on a space liner for a while. Pull yourself up by your bootstraps, man!

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

Lowtax posted:

I love this thread and will adamantly predict it will end up as the biggest Internet "TOLD YOU SO" ever. Keep up the good fight,guys!

We are goons. We do not forgive. We do make fun of your mother. And Chris Roberts.

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

A Neurotic Jew posted:

Bootcha tell us what Ortwin Freyermouth is like :allears:

SOOOOoooooo parrrrrrrrrrpy!:allears:

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

Jobbo_Fett posted:

Lol

"2015 was the best year for Star Citizen"

Of course it is! They went from "no game" to "tech demo", there is literally nowhere else for Star Citizen to go but up

To.

The.

MOON, BABY!

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

Amazing Zimmo posted:

There has been a few serious posts so to balance that out ....

Introducing the latest jpeg module from Amazing Zimmo Industries:

Can I be a goonjacker too?

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

Libluini posted:

Tell your friend I'm betting :10bux: that he won't be able to make ten people stranded there.

That would mean the stranded people had friends. No time for friends in the 'verse! More JPEGs to buy!

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

Bait and Swatch posted:

Still better quality than star citizen

More content too

Plus it finally went RTM.

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

Wafflz posted:

They should sell short shorts and track shoes at the clothing store so you can put them on and run all over stations to upset immersion people.

Only if I can get a Skyrim-style boob job and gluteus implants - Oh, what? All citizens are MALE?

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

Madcosby posted:

when star citizen is released and is awesome ya'll better apologize

Notice me NOT holding my breath.

(Because, if I DID hold my breath, I couldn't :gary: PAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRPPP!)

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

Ezekeel posted:

I actually hope CIG will implement bags and not stop with the immersion there. All bodily functions of our Space Citizens should be anatomically correctly simulated. I loved the Hunger, Thirst and Sleep meters in Fallout 3 and I think with the visionary lead of Christ Roberts we can push the evelope of realistic gameplay even further. How about a Balls meter for male characters which slowly fills up over time and can only be released by doing the dirty with some Space Hooker and if filled up to critical level causes your character to randomly pull out his weener and rape stuff - you know, like men do in real life. Or a Poop meter which would offer opportunities for immersive role scenarios like the ever popular Two Citizens and a Bag.

Well, these ARE Star Citizens, so when the Balls meters fills, your avvie drops trou and rubs one out no matter where you are or what you are doing. Or you could manually trigger it. Which leads to interesting possibilities in multi-crew situations. (Since they all circle-jerk anyway). You could even have Sexy Sandi's voice whispering warnings to you, only to rebuke you and forbid you surcease as you haven't done the Laser Razor minigame lately.

Also, the Poop meter would mean you have the possibiity of touching, welllll...

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

EminusSleepus posted:

will goons get your book for free?

Just an epub would work. No need to bankrupt The Smart.

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

alphabettitouretti posted:

20 pages of Derek mentioning his own games and quoting himself. ends with promises of huge revelations in the next chapter

Which comes out two weeks after the release date.

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

Scruffpuff posted:

In Star Citizen, one DOES simply walk into Mordor.

Rather than fly, that is.

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

Lowtax posted:

I'm seriously contemplating banning anybody on the forums who believes in Star Citizen.

Well, I think I have established my position adequately.

(P.S. PAAAAAARRRRRRRRRPPPPPPPP!)

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

EminusSleepus posted:

I believe in America there is what they call disability checks for spergs with emotional issues

That have the right doctors /lawyers, that is...

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

Wafflz posted:

if you offer them jpgs do they not buy?

Does not a man deserve the J of his Peg?

No, says the Goon, because you are a giant stupidhead.

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

Xaerael posted:

If I had to pick someone to do music for my lovely space game and I had giant piles of nerd cash to burn, I'd probably ask 2SFH. Because their stuff is loving epic.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XYKUeZQbMF0

Oh wait, that's right, they were used by EVIL PUBLISHERS first.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y2O-0-fQOOs

This would be a better choice, methinks.

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

phosdex posted:

im glad we finally have someone willing to be so open about their forum development. a new frontier in foruming

Hey, these are my dreams you are stepping on here. You go off and spout some more Crobber trash, okay?

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

Brazilianpeanutwar posted:

Ok i'm finished touching the poop, gonna go wash my hands now.

Too late. Once you have touched the Star Citizen poop, it will be with you...Always...

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

Bait and Swatch posted:

"gently caress YOUR SHIPS YOU USELESS BITCH! DO YOU KNOW WHAT ITS LIKE TO BE HOMELESS? I SUCKED SOME DUDES DICKCJUST TO BORROW HIS CARDBOARD BEGGAR SIGN!"

(But he swallowed just for him...)

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

Omi-Polari posted:

The Year of the Parp.

Is 2016 going to finally be the year of Parrrrp on the desktop?

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

Ffycchi posted:

what about us that were too late for the refund =(

Sub-human with crappy timing?

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

Scruffpuff posted:

"Once performed a number of one-man shows throughout the Disneyland Resort in Anaheim, California."

I wonder if those were paid, or "impromptu".

It gets worse. http://www.imdb.com/name/nm1118420/board/nest/28776252?ref_=nm_bd_1
A] Real,
B] idiot,
C] SC shill,
D] all of the above?

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

Warcabbit posted:

Not yet. But it will be. Probably.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n_dLm9JcogQ

Feedback welcome. Note: Yes, there's too much screen shake and too much knockdown.

Looks nice. Music is good, but a bit more dynamic would be nice. And tone down the screen shake. The existing texture look pretty decent too. Maybe as a martial artist, some kicks or something?

So, is that in engine?

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

Ravane posted:

Hey, does buying the 30k SA Limited Edition Account grant me a red star by my name too?

Nope. You aren't an original backer. Sorry.

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

TigerBomb posted:

It was I... SMARTICUS!

No! I am Smarticus! (everyone sings along to Bohemian Rhapsody and applauds at the wedding with the veteran as preacher)

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

Ravane posted:

How do you know I'm not Lowtax's parachute account. You think he wouldn't want to post from the perspective of a young skinny gay Indian boy?

Because Lowtax is no mere mortal needing a parachute account. He has powers far beyond those of any mere mortal Goon.

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

Tijuana Bibliophile posted:

Gold accounts should be severely limited. I don't want to read this thread and find hundreds of gold accounts due to goons shitposting 18 hours a day - at the very least, they should be limited to goons with over 100,000 (properly moderated and approved) posts under their belt.

Stop trying to run my dreams!

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

A Neurotic Jew posted:

2016 is the year we will get to see Sandi's performance in SQ42. Will she be a Manic Pixie Dream Girl or just another battle-hardened army stereotype like Mark Hamill, but female this time? Either way, the hype is real.

I was gonna fix this for you by putting "with boobs" behind Mark Hamill, but then I was "oh..."

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

Beet Wagon posted:

I'm thinking super empowered female archetype. Like... the kind that does something cool and then reminds you she did it in heels because reasons.

Nope, a superheroine would break immersion. This is a SIMULATION, not a MOVIE.

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

jaegerx posted:

We are all just waiting on wave 5 of the forum accounts. I heard we get cheap plastic cards.

I got one too from octo too. Not exactly sure what I think of the attached animation.

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

Kakarot posted:

Since this is actually funny

idk if this forum accepts gifv

Welp, I guess I don't need to post Octopedo's attachment then.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

Scruffpuff posted:

And to avoid being a hypocrite, I am jealous of Chris Roberts.

Not for being a genius - he's an autist.
Not for making a great game - he's made complete poo poo.
Not for making a great movie - he's made complete poo poo.

I'm jealous that he found a legal way to steal 100 million dollars in full view of over 1 million people, and they thanked him for it.

Even better, they keep handing over their wallets and thank him for it later.

• Locked thread