Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Thirsty Dog
May 31, 2007

AP posted:

Hey, I thought it was funny. I mean I can't know for sure obviously, but I think there's a high probability that you are the German RSI crazy person, the German reddit crazy person and the current SA crazy person. Considering you all post the same poo poo, archive SA posts and appear to be crazy, you're from Germany right?

Problem I have is that if you are, then you've already lied about spending $0 on Star Citizen, so I won't believe a denial. So be a pal and confirm it because that's the only way I'll doubt it.

The Germans are nuts about sims and space games. Absolutely crazy for them. I'm surprised there's not more posters like him.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thirsty Dog
May 31, 2007

happyhippy posted:

Just had a thought.

Have they ever mentioned any hardware requirements for hosting this all on their side?
As in server space, server specs, locations or anything to do with the physical nature of hosting the universe.

For the life of me I can't think of any.

Ah good, we haven't had an Octopode cloud services argument for a while

Thirsty Dog
May 31, 2007

D_Smart posted:

That's like saying Democrats have no business talking to Fox News. It's all relative.

Also...https://twitter.com/voxday/status/662995332029161472

Someone said it best I thought; and is precisely the same campaign the people who don't like me, wage incessantly.

"this whole "disavow this person I don't like" thing is repellent, straight out of the SJW playbook."
An excellent illustration of how people who whine about "SJWs" tend to be absolute idiots. Why yes, suggesting you disavow an utter scumbag is clearly the real problem here.

Thirsty Dog
May 31, 2007

Whoa, David Cameron holiday snaps itt

Thirsty Dog
May 31, 2007

I am drinking PG Tips right now. gently caress that "no true Brit" nonsense. We get it, you're an Anglophile, but you'll never be one of us Derek.

Thirsty Dog
May 31, 2007

Tahirovic posted:

Don't worry you're a highlight of this thread. Also I think one of those people tried to contradict me for saying ED didn't have multiplayer at launch... by posting a video of a livestream from november. :shrug: For some reason E:D fanboys are just like SC fanboys, the only difference is that they have a game to play and don't have to spend all their time posting.

But... E:D did have multiplayer at launch. It didn't have squads or an easy way to organise friends, but it had multiplayer.

Thirsty Dog
May 31, 2007

wyoak posted:

why is this bad? were people were expecting them to hand-craft the whole planet?

Because the claim was dynamic levels of detail depending on distance, which isn't what you're seeing here.

Thirsty Dog
May 31, 2007

mashed_penguin posted:

Pretty sure that means its not generating all the terrain detail for the planet when you are a long way above it but as you get closer to the surface it generates more detail. Which it quite obviously is doing in the stuff they showed. You can see it pop in when he is zooming around the editor.

The point is the flashy zoom out thing makes a certain claim while what's on screen directly contradicts it. They had a high-detail zone plonked on a very low detail noise map and it remained high detail despite the low detail stuff being closer to the camera.

Which means the _actual_ terrain generation most likely looks like garbage, and it's their hand-made assets that got plonked down and looked good. Cool, another Cryengine tech demo.

Thirsty Dog
May 31, 2007

Jobbo_Fett posted:

Pretty lame name for his porsche

Not even a flamethrower, let alone a thunderpoon.

Thirsty Dog
May 31, 2007

fuctifino posted:

On the SQ42 imdb page, it has Sandi's character name now: Nayara 'Pusher' Fell

Not sure when it was updated, but it wasn't there last time I checked.

She's got the primo jpegs if you've got the thousands of dollars

Thirsty Dog
May 31, 2007

You're really not going to stand out from the crowd on Reddit with a username like "TheCreepyFuckr"

EminusSleepus posted:

Sandi hates pubes because if you put a beard and a mustache on sandi's face it would look like a vagina of a 90 year old whore

:chloe:

Thirsty Dog
May 31, 2007

:perfect:

Thirsty Dog
May 31, 2007

EminusSleepus posted:

I think Bootcha deep inside him still thinks there is a chance that CR will snap out of the Succubus Sandi's trance that CR will value a proper game than a movie.

Oh, come on. Sandi might be worthy of scorn but let's not pretend that any part of Chris Roberts' history suggests that this gigantic fuckup of a game is anything other than par for the course for him.

Thirsty Dog
May 31, 2007

skaboomizzy posted:

Re: Charlie Sheen comparisons: HIV usually shows some progress after four years.

:drat:

Thirsty Dog
May 31, 2007

WhiskeyWhiskers posted:

They've also said anytime you die there's a possibility a limb, or piece of your face is blown off and replaced with cybernetics.

Also procedurally generated funerals. Your new dude also has genetic weaknesses from the previous incarnation of your dude, and if you fly too close to stars you can unlock mutations.

Eventually you will be able to converse with the warp, and become a Chaos God.

(It's really hard trying to satirise their promises)

Thirsty Dog
May 31, 2007

Scruffpuff posted:

Press F to Pay Respects

Press F to Paypal $1500 in Respect

Thirsty Dog
May 31, 2007

Who the gently caress refers to themselves as "a shrewd businesswoman"?!?!?

Thirsty Dog
May 31, 2007

Sandi posted:

I am one of the best saleswomen in the world without a shadow of a doubt and I always have been

Thirsty Dog
May 31, 2007

AP posted:

The best bit was how Beer asked who he was talking to so Sandi pretended it wasn't her, complained about long emails, pretended to pass the conversation chain to herself and then wrote long reply emails.

I don't believe the first person was Sandi.

Thirsty Dog
May 31, 2007

AP posted:

Well I think there's no way that isn't Sandi Gardiner, Patrick signs his emails and you think anyone junior to him is going to dare speak about Sandi at all?

Actually, you're right.

Thirsty Dog
May 31, 2007

Slightly disappointed that Beer didn't respond to Sandi's emails with "nice meltdown" :(

Thirsty Dog
May 31, 2007

Romes128 posted:

Hi sandi

I know you're reading this because you listed all the poo poo said about you in the emails to beer and I just wanted to tell you to go gently caress yourself. You're not qualified to unclog a toilet after Ben drops a tree trunk in there after eating wulge Pizza.

She probably does read this but the poo poo was said about her by the Escapist journo in some podcast under "things we would've published but weren't satisfied passed muster"

Thirsty Dog
May 31, 2007

Romes128 posted:

She said poo poo about the cars and whatnot, which was a conversation we had here.

Fairly sure it was originally brought up by one of the sources.

Thirsty Dog
May 31, 2007

That's not how you spell "formerly"!

Thirsty Dog
May 31, 2007

Scruffpuff posted:

Working as intended. The hull of the ship is doing stealthy stuff. You have to pay to unlock stealthy stuff for the interior of the ship.

Wait, that's SC? What happened to :FIDELITY: and psuedo-realistic flight?

Thirsty Dog
May 31, 2007

Your mediocre twitter spats with random people are not the comedy we're looking for

Thirsty Dog
May 31, 2007

D_Smart posted:

Star Citizen shills with YouTube accounts that have 138K subscribers, is not "random people". Get a grip.

As many as that?!?!

Thirsty Dog
May 31, 2007

Chalks posted:

How the actual gently caress do you get away with putting unrepresentative concept art up for an article like that when the game is literally "playable" right now and looks nothing like that what so ever?

Is... is that Elite: Dangerous' UI

Thirsty Dog
May 31, 2007

hakimashou posted:

You left an awful lot out friend.

Willing to bet that dude's neighbourhood has the highest cat mortality rate in the country.

Thirsty Dog
May 31, 2007

MeLKoR posted:

One ship makes you larger
And one ship makes you small
And the ones that Derek gives you
Don't do anything at all
Go ask Ben
When he's ten feet wide

And if you go chasing goons
And you know you're going to fall
Tell 'em a flight ready Caterpillar
Has given you the call
Call Ben
When he was just a lard ball

When the cultists on the messageboard
Get up and tell you not to troll
And you've just had some kind of stroke
And your mind is moving low
Go ask Ben
I think he'll know

When logic and proportion
Have fallen sloppy dead
And Chris Roberts is talking backwards
And Sandi's all "off with their heads"
Remember what Karl said
Buy more ships
Buy more ships

That's ace. Scans better with "Lesnick" instead of Ben though.

Thirsty Dog
May 31, 2007

With apologies to Nick Cave

quote:

I'm so far away from beta
Pacing up and down my ship
Does Roberts only love a man who pledges?
I turn on the reddit thread
There's some Karl on the saxophone
Laying down a litany of excuses
There's Cutlass longing in my baby's eyes
She rubs the patcher between her thighs
And hopes the game comes out of alpha
She lives in some forgotten build
And moves like she is in a T-pose
Breathes steady as the patcher keeps crashing

You better hold on to your pledge

Well, features rust and fall to ruin
Studios close and whales go cruising
In around the borders of her vision
She says ooh
As Roberts makes the delays grow
All around the scene of the Kickstarter

You know I would, yes, I would
I would hold on to your pledge

In the middle of the night
I try my best to chase outside
The whales and the cultists and Escapist girls
On one thousand and one bugs like these
She mutters about a refund and the physics engine that they planned
Launch her off the face of the world

You know one day it'll come out and I'd hold on to your pledge
To your pledge, I'd hold on to your pledge

Ooh baby, I'm five thousand dollars away
And I just don't know how to save
Cause Roberts only loves a man who pledges
But Reddit, we can clearly see
It's all whales and birds and lunacy
And excuses and excuses and excuses

Well, you know if I could, I would
I'd lie right now and I'd hold on to your pledge
Yeah, I would lie right now and I would hold on to your pledge
One day it'll come out of alpha and I'd hold on to your pledge
Yeah, it's gonna come out, gonna lie now
And I would hold on to your pledge
Yeah, to your pledge

Thirsty Dog
May 31, 2007

TheLastRoboKy posted:

Unless I somehow missed it being done by someone else, the first Nick Cave song people think about turning into a Star Citizen parody should have been The Ship Song.

Not Easy Money?

Thirsty Dog
May 31, 2007

I know CIG kinda warps everyone's idea of what companies are like but for the love of god do not give Games Workshop money

Thirsty Dog
May 31, 2007

Dear thread, I was on the tube in London a few days ago and snapped a photo under the guise of admiring some awesome eyebrows. Can you confirm that the weird guy on the left is actually wearing a star citizen patch on his coat?

Thirsty Dog
May 31, 2007

darkarchon posted:

Man, I really wish they would make e-readers with buttons to switch pages again. The Voyage is partially that, but I don't want no loving touchscreen on those things. I love to lay on my side and read one-handed :argh: this is working out perfectly with my Kindle 3. I really hope it won't break ever, because literally no good e-readers have buttons for switching pages. That's loving annoying.

You can configure which parts of the screen page left/right though?

Thirsty Dog
May 31, 2007

Is it me or is that guy absolutely tiny

Thirsty Dog
May 31, 2007

I think it's really sweet that Bootcha hooked up with his publicist

Thirsty Dog
May 31, 2007

Going back to the loving idiot with his "this is the best space sim I've ever played and would happily play this buggy turd for the rest of my life" viewpoint and his insistence that he's SEEN the work therefore he knows best...

... that Shotgun thing is almost definitely just the asset pipeline stuff, right? Concept art and 3d models being shown and commented on?

In other words, the stuff that even us rabid jackasses think CIG does pretty well?

Hey, Fuzzy Modem, little tip for you: Art is not code. 3D models are not gameplay mechanics. Upvoting is not properly implementing multiplayer code.

Thirsty Dog
May 31, 2007

Surprise, Shotgun is used for reviewing and commenting on art assets. Definitely proof that this buggy piece of poo poo with a ridiculously bloated spec and a dreadfully unsuited engine is going to be completed (and be good) :allears:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thirsty Dog
May 31, 2007

Brazilianpeanutwar posted:

Don't mind me .....

Quality not quantity. You're no Eonwe.

• Locked thread