Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lovely Joe Stalin
Jun 12, 2007

Our Lovely Wang

Beet Wagon posted:

my bottom time... recovery sessions

Heh.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lovely Joe Stalin
Jun 12, 2007

Our Lovely Wang

Happy Sisyphus posted:

am i back just in time for the onset of the event?

Lovely Joe Stalin
Jun 12, 2007

Our Lovely Wang
The tattoo will be a bowtie. He wins this round.

Lovely Joe Stalin
Jun 12, 2007

Our Lovely Wang

Justin Tyme posted:

Trying to brute force the key to an encrypted paragraph that may or may not be a joke for a joke vaporware game is definitely not how I want to spend a Saturday evening.

Maybe not, but the juice is most certainly worth the squeeze.

Lovely Joe Stalin
Jun 12, 2007

Our Lovely Wang

D1E posted:

Yeah, and they can spin up all the computers at Google Compute Engine or Amazon Web Services or the "cloud" or whatever so they have supercomputers worth of processing power at their disposal.

So it's gonna get cracked any minute now.

So someone tell me!
Those fuckers can't make a ship move W when you press W, without it also veering towards the D. How the gently caress are they going to break the Smart-lock?

Lovely Joe Stalin
Jun 12, 2007

Our Lovely Wang
"Veering towards the D" is the name of my autobiography.

Lovely Joe Stalin
Jun 12, 2007

Our Lovely Wang

Wikkheiser posted:

Someone who's seen it should give us a hint.

On a level of 1-10 parps, how parpy is it?

Put it this way, I've been grinning like an idiot and intermittently chuckling all evening.

Lovely Joe Stalin
Jun 12, 2007

Our Lovely Wang

Regarde Aduck posted:

I have brain damage and will never ever break this code and just thinking about it makes me feel dizzy. Whatever this is about are we all going to find out soon?

I'll tell you in White Base. But only because I like your avatar. You gots lock, Commando.

Lovely Joe Stalin
Jun 12, 2007

Our Lovely Wang

D_Smart posted:

Wait! "bi-weekly"? That doesn't sound right. Are you sure? Because that would imply paying people TWICE A WEEK, instead of TWICE A MONTH

This is the chaos that reigns when a nation decides that "fortnight" is a silly word!

Lovely Joe Stalin
Jun 12, 2007

Our Lovely Wang

hottubrhymemachine posted:

lol who gives a poo poo if 8ace leaves he never revealed anything good and joined in with the cryptic posting bullshit which was the worst thing in the thread and that includes my posts

sorry nobody gave a poo poo about you as a person we just wanted the inside scoop on sc because thats what this is all about

if you cant post details then just shut up, dont post about how much you know but have ptsd and fear a hairy roberts in your bed

Get to gently caress you autist wanker. Stop caring so hard about your inability to cope with simple humour.

Lovely Joe Stalin
Jun 12, 2007

Our Lovely Wang

Wafflz posted:

It's also a tiny island of GBS in games.

It's entirely too funny, and not nearly racist enough for that to be true.

Lovely Joe Stalin
Jun 12, 2007

Our Lovely Wang

The best casting would be if they employed Kathy Bates for that part. Not because Newton can't act, but because Sandi seems petty enough that by far the most painful part for her would be being portrayed by a much older woman who looks nothing like her. Thus robbing her of the opportunity to even brag about how she looks like the beautiful hollywood actress who played her.

Lovely Joe Stalin
Jun 12, 2007

Our Lovely Wang

grimcreaper posted:

Lando seems to be seriously worried about being fired as they also recall his "story leak" lol.

So, Lando got in trouble for leaking story that Chris Roberts has already given out, WHOLE SALE, to the media? Wow.

What was the leak?

Lovely Joe Stalin
Jun 12, 2007

Our Lovely Wang
I mean all disrespect to Goons in Platoons.

Lovely Joe Stalin
Jun 12, 2007

Our Lovely Wang
The spoon is the most milquetoast of all eating utensils.

Lovely Joe Stalin
Jun 12, 2007

Our Lovely Wang
It's like a fork with stabilisers.

Lovely Joe Stalin
Jun 12, 2007

Our Lovely Wang

I saw that.

Lovely Joe Stalin
Jun 12, 2007

Our Lovely Wang
The correct and only answer is Warick Davis.

Lovely Joe Stalin
Jun 12, 2007

Our Lovely Wang
I liked the bit where Lando spent a prolonged period of time blankly-staring into the middle distance while utterly rigid with suppressed anger, as the conversation choked to death around him.

Lovely Joe Stalin
Jun 12, 2007

Our Lovely Wang

Good Dumplings posted:

What did the thread even do to get EightAce to leave anyway? I know Bootcha left because his wife got probated (???), but I have no idea what happened here.

Things quietened down for a bit so people with the social skills of rocks crawled out of the woodwork to attack the most notable posters. Leaving us with a less interesting thread.

Lovely Joe Stalin
Jun 12, 2007

Our Lovely Wang

Good Dumplings posted:

But that's literally not what people tell me happened; one left because their SO got mad over getting probated, the other left because of a drunken mistake. Call me unfunny all you want, but don't say the site I pay money to did something it didn't.

Maybe you should read the thread you are posting in. Ya wazzock.

Lovely Joe Stalin
Jun 12, 2007

Our Lovely Wang

MeLKoR posted:

The Something Awful Forums > Discussion > Games > Star Citizen: Goons with Harpoons

*presses X to pay respects*

"JASON. Jason. JAAASON!"

Lovely Joe Stalin
Jun 12, 2007

Our Lovely Wang

WhiskeyWhiskers posted:

Thank gently caress it's not Alice. My brother's friend is a paramedic there. The second day there he responded to that fight where a woman used her newborn baby as a flail.

What the gently caress? A newborn's skull hasn't knitted yet and is still pliable. That is a poo poo flail.

Lovely Joe Stalin
Jun 12, 2007

Our Lovely Wang

WhiskeyWhiskers posted:

I just looked it up, you're right it was actually a one year old.
That's fine then. You're in the weight to density sweet spot.

Lovely Joe Stalin
Jun 12, 2007

Our Lovely Wang
That meeting room is horrible. Quite apart from the tackiness of the décor, it is oppressively dingy.

Lovely Joe Stalin
Jun 12, 2007

Our Lovely Wang

Iglocska posted:

Also, what the gently caress is this?

It is a horseless chariot. Obviously.

What I liked most about the codes stunt was that it was April Fools and people fell for it.

Lovely Joe Stalin fucked around with this message at 14:21 on Apr 9, 2016

Lovely Joe Stalin
Jun 12, 2007

Our Lovely Wang

MeLKoR posted:

I'm not demanding anything, I'm just saying that I treat everything he says as bluster, hyperbole and shitizen trolling. Personally I don't resent this but it's obvious many people do and I'm not entirely sure Uncle Derek realizes the amount if ill will it generates over the long period of time until SQ42 comes out and CIG enters the death throes.

I doubt he cares. I certainly don't. I'm here to be entertained, Derek is entertaining. I'll take ten of his posts over any one from the witless pissbabies who decry him.

Lovely Joe Stalin
Jun 12, 2007

Our Lovely Wang

orcinus posted:

What does it do?

It is a light. It lights up. But that's not important right now.

Lovely Joe Stalin
Jun 12, 2007

Our Lovely Wang

I'm sorry that Derek Smart hosed your mum. :(

Lovely Joe Stalin
Jun 12, 2007

Our Lovely Wang

Iglocska posted:

He means generate a key pair, encrypt it using the public key, but keep the private key. Send the encrypted data to him for safe-keeping. Once you can reveal what's inside just send him the private key so he can decrypt it and see the concents that you've sent him a while back.
That sounds like the very definition of "faff."

Lovely Joe Stalin
Jun 12, 2007

Our Lovely Wang

Sunswipe posted:

Coming soon to the in-game store: space anoraks.

New from CIG: A flask of weak lemon drink™ $99.99 (.jpg only, excl. tax).

Lovely Joe Stalin
Jun 12, 2007

Our Lovely Wang

TTerrible posted:

You keep defending furrys in this thread.

TTerrible posted:

defending furrys

Lel

Lovely Joe Stalin
Jun 12, 2007

Our Lovely Wang
If they were half as clever as they think they are they would have just announced this new test group, and never invited anyone at all.

Lovely Joe Stalin
Jun 12, 2007

Our Lovely Wang

Lladre posted:

Serious question.
Are they even contractually obligated to do anything with the ks money except spend it on coke?

In the UK at least they are legally bound to provide all physical tier rewards. Because those aren't dependant on the success of the thing being kickstarted. Tier rewards are contractually bound goods in return for money.

Lovely Joe Stalin
Jun 12, 2007

Our Lovely Wang

atxsperg posted:

someone should pay for that bathroom though, it was a crime against humanity.

I once went into the gents midway through the UK's largest lan party and thereupon found sinks brimmed with vomit. and the walls thrice-beshitten. How did the CIG incident compare?

Lovely Joe Stalin
Jun 12, 2007

Our Lovely Wang
This is probably a dumb idea, I am a dumb, but if they're really running low on funds could this NDA testing be a way of cutting off their data costs? The client is what, 20, 30 gigs per user per patch? Obviously this is in addition to being a way to obfuscate the complete lack of actual work they'll be doing on it if SC really has been unofficially cancelled. Tell the backers that they'll have to wait for the current closed test to bear fruit before they get an update, meanwhile the closed testers are under NDA and can't tell anyone that they're not testing anything.

Lovely Joe Stalin
Jun 12, 2007

Our Lovely Wang

Eonwe posted:

I think it's almost time for anime/recipe/catte chat

"Anime" is the Japanese word for "Japanese crayon literature."

I'm trying to decide between MS GLOO II and One-Punch Man as to what to watch next.

Lovely Joe Stalin
Jun 12, 2007

Our Lovely Wang

Ponzi posted:

I thought it was called 'Manga', with 'Anime' being the animated version of Manga.

I know little about it though, but once had a friend that was really into it.

There was a UK company called Manga that distributed a lot of the Japanese crayon literature world-wide, and over time in America, much like with Kraft Dinner and Car the brand name came to be used as the umbrella term, and in this case became further corrupted by a shortening of "animation" to "anime". Basically, people who call it that are just ignorant westerners who don't know better.

Lovely Joe Stalin fucked around with this message at 13:12 on Apr 10, 2016

Lovely Joe Stalin
Jun 12, 2007

Our Lovely Wang

Ponzi posted:

I thought it was called 'Manga', with 'Anime' being the animated version of Manga.

I know little about it though, but once had a friend that was really into it.

The Japanese have a word for people like that. Fans who consume without really understanding what it is they are paying for and can't comprehend the true meaning of what they have recieved. You often hear it used as an insult in the crayon literature. It is "backer".

Lovely Joe Stalin fucked around with this message at 13:12 on Apr 10, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lovely Joe Stalin
Jun 12, 2007

Our Lovely Wang

orcinus posted:

What.
Development started 6 months ago... By starting the refactoring.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WviwYLZubSw

• Locked thread