Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ritorix
Jul 22, 2007

Vancian Roulette
:gary::frogbon:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ritorix
Jul 22, 2007

Vancian Roulette
BG2 is so old, it circled back around and a new expansion is coming out soon.

ritorix
Jul 22, 2007

Vancian Roulette

Parias posted:

FYI, you can play the Crusader map 'offline' by going into your game data folder and renaming one of the DFM maps like DFM_BrokenMoon to DFM_BrokenMoonOld, then renaming DFM_Crusader to DFM_BrokenMoon.

Seems to work pretty well. It let me land and call up another ship from the terminal thing.

No crashes either. So it's the servers that are lovely.

ritorix
Jul 22, 2007

Vancian Roulette
PTU isn't crashing like crazy with 2.0D. Got to play for about 30 minutes straight and experience a whole new set of bugs. Favorite being 'death by repair drone'.

ritorix
Jul 22, 2007

Vancian Roulette

Sarsapariller posted:

I'm going to make one more attempt at completing my self imposed goal: to acquire, and then complete, one in-game mission.

I've been messing around with the crusader map in single player. It's possible to get quantum and cruise working with a hex editor after you start Crusader as a free-flight DyingStar. After that you can mess without everything without those loving server crashes.

ritorix
Jul 22, 2007

Vancian Roulette

Sarsapariller posted:

I feel like doing it without other people around would eliminate half the fun, but I may give it a shot just for a change of pace. How does the dogfighting and missions feel when done offline?

The highlight is probably trying to EVA and do the comm missions without fighting anything. The fight rages all around but they seem to leave you alone once you power-down. After you finish one there's a search-and-rescue mission that has you pickup a blackbox.

ritorix
Jul 22, 2007

Vancian Roulette
https://forums.robertsspaceindustries.com/discussion/300242

Sale extended for a day because of that drat inaccurate counter. :shepspends:

If they don't hit 100mil it'll be an all-week sale.

ritorix
Jul 22, 2007

Vancian Roulette

XK posted:

I completely failed to keep up on the Republican Primary thread today because of you guys. That's how good you are.

This and the primary thread are the best things on SA these days.

ritorix
Jul 22, 2007

Vancian Roulette

"Sold my roof to get a ship."

Guy complains about exchange rates, makes $300/month, is a rear admiral ($250-500).

ritorix
Jul 22, 2007

Vancian Roulette

Tippis posted:

Totally missed this.
:worship:

Let Me Finish! :words:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ritorix
Jul 22, 2007

Vancian Roulette

Sabreseven posted:

Since it's a Saturday night, best use the correct tool for the job.

:golfclap:

• Locked thread