Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Rad Russian
Aug 15, 2007

Soviet Power Supreme!
How much for the cat jpeg, and how many do you have in stock? I'm thinking of making a substantial investment and reselling later.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rad Russian
Aug 15, 2007

Soviet Power Supreme!
Fraudulent filings and a super scammy refund process? You don't say! But I thought this was an honest company who was just delaying release to add more cool features.

:yarg:

Rad Russian
Aug 15, 2007

Soviet Power Supreme!

SelenicMartian posted:

CIG probably needs that $10 so much right now.

Well someone linked to their forums and people at $500-900 pledge levels are scrambling to buy more jpegs to get to the $1000 threshold to pick up the stupid card before they "run out" on Sunday. It's a clever tactic to get more money from the imbeciles. And they happily get to claim that they're not making any profit off the actual $10 of that card cost, it's simply to benefit all the fans!

Rad Russian
Aug 15, 2007

Soviet Power Supreme!

Furious Mittens posted:

Sandi will eventually make the "Sandi Roberts (Gardiner) Star Citizen Commemorative Fleshlight". $10 for those at donation level over $5000.

More realistically, Chris Roberts will just release a limited edition 3D printed mold of his dick so that all the whale backers can continue to get hosed by him even after this project burns to the ground.

Rad Russian
Aug 15, 2007

Soviet Power Supreme!
I also feel bad the Kingdom Come team shared their CryEngine layered character customization tech with this pile of crap (back when both were in kickstarter mode). Did SC ever end up implementing it anyway?

Rad Russian
Aug 15, 2007

Soviet Power Supreme!
I'd play 2.0 if they make it free and someone mods a flyable space airhorn into it that can zoom around and annoy pubbies by loudly PAAAAAARRPPPing at their useless $3000 dollar pixels.

Rad Russian
Aug 15, 2007

Soviet Power Supreme!

Warcabbit posted:

The sad thing is, a repair post in space is exactly the kind of thing I want to play.

Well there is no game for you to play that in, but for just $3000 you can have a jpeg of said ship and RP it on the forums. It's a bargain for what you're actually getting.

Rad Russian
Aug 15, 2007

Soviet Power Supreme!

Olesh posted:

However, be aware that Paypal is NOT Visa or Mastercard. Paypal may tell you that you aren't allowed to dispute the transaction, at which point you'd be stuck with whatever CIG is offering as a refund short of filing a claim in small claims court. Your credit card issuer (especially if they're a credit union) is going to be much easier to work with in terms of explaining the situation and demonstrating the need for a chargeback/dispute after attempting to obtain a full refund, even outside the normal period - this is where CIG's shifting goalposts shoots themselves in the foot, as they've opened themselves up for this essentially from now until they deliver the Star Citizen product (Squadron 42 will NOT be sufficient). Paypal is traditionally much less accommodating, and you could be screwed. Paypal _does_ typically side with the customer, but they have their own rules.

Very good point and why I stopped using PayPal for any purchases over $50. Unless you're using some sketchy debit card you want to protect behind PayPal, always pay directly with credit card. Always. Especially if you own some premium ones (AMEX, Chase Sapphire etc.) they pretty much have no questions asked instant chargeback to your account after which the vendor has to PROVE beyond all reasonable doubt that they delivered and to 100% of my satisfaction. I've never had a chargeback go back to vendor yet.

In fact CCs almost always override dumb "no returns" or "30 day return only" policies and make those invalid.

Rad Russian fucked around with this message at 05:18 on Nov 18, 2015

Rad Russian
Aug 15, 2007

Soviet Power Supreme!
Well as they run out of money it will be less and less people. Once we hit 2017, it will be just Croberts sitting alone in a dark basement of an industrial park and streaming yet another jpeg sale to pay his electricity bills.

Rad Russian
Aug 15, 2007

Soviet Power Supreme!

Matlock Birthmark posted:

Like 3-4 threads ago at this point. I mean, I remember the original Kickstarter thread, a lot of people were really supportive then. I stopped paying attention after that, but when I next noticed it was in sour joke stage, right before things really got negative this year.

It's because this year they have made 0 progress, bought $20,000 coffee machines, wasted millions on re-doing all the mocap, and doubled down on sales of jpegs to morons who can't help themselves. Oh also concierge cards that require you to contribute $1000 to be a special VIP.

Rad Russian fucked around with this message at 05:49 on Nov 20, 2015

Rad Russian
Aug 15, 2007

Soviet Power Supreme!

Sarsapariller posted:

But where's the missions? More specifically, where's the multi-crew, the whole point of 2.0?

That's not important right now. They need to finalize concierge card details and figure out pricing for the ship jpeg sale. That other game crap can wait until 2016.

Rad Russian
Aug 15, 2007

Soviet Power Supreme!

TheCoach posted:

The loving thing has a loading screen when you go to the space section out of the interior of the place you are in, how in the gently caress is it going to handle full sized worlds...

They're shipping full game next year. Streamers are impressed by the new alpha. http://www.twitch.tv/captain_richard without any irony said, and I quote, "This is a lot more stable than I expected". Holy poo poo these people.

Rad Russian
Aug 15, 2007

Soviet Power Supreme!

skaboomizzy posted:

Nobody has managed to keep the game running for more than 10 minutes. Jumping onto someone's "mutli-crew" ship causes a crash. Approaching a planet causes a crash. Blowing up space pirates causes a crash. Several times people haven't managed to get to the ship selector (which has one of the ship names bugged) before a crash. I haven't seen anyone do FPS yet, but some guy claims he played it for 15 minutes and will put it on Youtube. Everytime I see the game crash to desktop I keep hearing an airhorn in my head.

We legit pointed out why they think is acceptable on the stream last night and the believers started shouting that we should go play consoles instead since this is the future of PC gaming.

Just amazing.

Rad Russian
Aug 15, 2007

Soviet Power Supreme!

Loiosh posted:

Stability nonsense

Who cares? We're bringing this to light as a ponzi scheme. Whether it's stable or not does not defend them spending backer money on $20,000 coffee machines, expensive Europe vacations for Sandi, and outright scams and lies during the refund process.

Rad Russian
Aug 15, 2007

Soviet Power Supreme!

Romes128 posted:

There's already been some questioning of their sales figures in this thread . Some people think they're inflating their numbers to build hype.

Could be one of the many reasons they don't release financials. There's a possibility they could be millions of dollars short of their reported total sales.

Not to mention never subtracting the refunds.

Rad Russian
Aug 15, 2007

Soviet Power Supreme!
Crashing every 5 minutes to see tidbits of lovely unoriginal content is a true PC experience, worthy only for kings.

EDIT: Also spending thousands of dollars to do the above.

Rad Russian fucked around with this message at 02:07 on Nov 22, 2015

Rad Russian
Aug 15, 2007

Soviet Power Supreme!

I like how he is floating outside in middle of space and can hear ships fly by him including the doppler effect. Space realism to the next level!

Rad Russian
Aug 15, 2007

Soviet Power Supreme!
Distinct roles in what? Crashing to desktop?

Rad Russian
Aug 15, 2007

Soviet Power Supreme!
Stop the thread people. A true believer who wasted thousands of dollars on a turd is here to tell us that our lives are meaningless. The e-honor of the great and noble Croberts must be defended at all costs ($10).

Rad Russian
Aug 15, 2007

Soviet Power Supreme!

Just 20 seconds? Hell no, I want a 20 minute unskippable cutscene every time I die. Put the $40 million they spent on 3 mocap studios to good use.

Basically I want :gary: flying towards the light, in full mocap/HD.

Rad Russian
Aug 15, 2007

Soviet Power Supreme!

Canine Blues Arooo posted:

You can do such exciting things as:
- Look at your ship, which may or may not have missing pieces
- Fall through the floor
- Spend more money on more ships
- Walk around your ship, until a time when you fall through the floor.

Um also the greatest FPS module in PC gaming, that according to Croberts is better than anything done in Battlefield or COD franchises to date.

Found his quotes. "We want to make sure that the combat that you get in Star Citizen isn’t just a dumbed-down version of an FPS. We also want to make sure our FPS has its own personality. You shoot someone in the leg, they will limp and they won’t move as fast,” Roberts explains. “If you shoot someone in the arm, they have to go one-handed".

This is already clearly evident in 2.0 which redefined the FPS genre for all future games. Crosshairs are now a thing of the past that we will laugh at while playing classic games.

Rad Russian fucked around with this message at 00:30 on Nov 25, 2015

Rad Russian
Aug 15, 2007

Soviet Power Supreme!

MeLKoR posted:

If SA charged thousands instead of :10bux: there might be some comparison.

Non-sense. The only difference that matters is that they have a black bouncer and we do not. That's how you know your autism club is for real - a virtual black man that gives you a high five as you walk in.

Rad Russian
Aug 15, 2007

Soviet Power Supreme!

Jethro_E7 posted:

"To that point, the Constellation Phoenix has proven so popular that RSI produces only a select number every sales season, a tactic that has done well to preserve it’s high demand and resale value year after year. For 2945, Roberts Space Industries is proud to release another 5000 hulls, matching it’s generous rollout from the year before. This year however, in order to maintain a finite and limited stock, Cross-Chassis Upgrade to the Phoenix will not be enabled. This ship will remain on sale throughout the weekend, ending either when time runs out, or the limited stock is exhausted."

https://robertsspaceindustries.com/comm-link/transmission/15079-AnniVERSEary-Sale-Transporters

Very generous indeed!

Wow so they upped their production to 5000 again. All the doubters can now sit down and be silenced! They are delivering product and in high quantities. I will invest in this company.

Rad Russian
Aug 15, 2007

Soviet Power Supreme!

Sarsapariller posted:

Here's a fun little aside- check out the number of megawhales attempting to make a black market exit these days. I'm not sure why anyone would buy a black market account valued at $10k, but plenty of people sure are selling.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Starcitizen_trades/comments/3d8p2p/blackmarket_kanes_blackmarket_corner_awesome/
https://www.reddit.com/r/Starcitizen_trades/comments/3pu1l9/blackmarket_star_hangar_special_trades_the_place/

Why don't these people get chargeback? Why sell at a loss? Or they just believe the scammy customer service responses from CIG where they offer only 50% refund?

Rad Russian
Aug 15, 2007

Soviet Power Supreme!

EightAce posted:

They were in Crobits office because their 'set ' wasn't ready. Their loving set!! Like a backer payed for , actual set.

I have no understanding how all the reddit cultists defend Croberts spending backer money on useless $10,000 'artsy' desks and $5000 chairs that people have posted pictures of. How does this not wake them up? Even regardless of whether you agree that delays are acceptable or not, or what the stated vision of the game is etc. That stuff is NOT ok in any industry when your company does not have a released product yet.

Does all that crap end up in Sandi's house after liquidation or what?

Rad Russian fucked around with this message at 08:15 on Nov 27, 2015

Rad Russian
Aug 15, 2007

Soviet Power Supreme!
Wrong thread

Rad Russian
Aug 15, 2007

Soviet Power Supreme!

A Neurotic Jew posted:

drat I wish I could read the original thread. NONE of this makes any sense to me. They banned the guy for saying "tough luck, this is how I play the game?" Like what forum rule could that possibly go against. :psyduck:

If you criticize a whale you get permabanned. This is how it's gonna work in-game too.

Rad Russian
Aug 15, 2007

Soviet Power Supreme!

The recent DLC that expands the scope of the game by like 3x and adds tons of new features and ships? Unbelievable money grab! *buys $600 worth of useless ship modules for his jpegs*

Rad Russian fucked around with this message at 19:02 on Dec 11, 2015

Rad Russian
Aug 15, 2007

Soviet Power Supreme!

Madcosby posted:

Here's my obvious as hell predictions for the million mile high club

-upon release people will visit like crazy, showing screenshots of the "remarkable detail" put into it, praising roberts
-two weeks later it'll be a ghost town

Or it's a long-term money con where they will sell whales suits for $100 real life dollars that they can wear to show off to other whales, and things like that. Also as someone linked before, a bloody mary drink there costs $5 (in real life dollars) based on the current credit price and current credit/$ conversion rate. It will be a place for whales to dump even more money to show off to other whales.

Rad Russian fucked around with this message at 00:05 on Dec 13, 2015

Rad Russian
Aug 15, 2007

Soviet Power Supreme!

Xaerael posted:

I swear, the next time one of those CIG morons calls what they're doing "Crowdfunding"...

They can call it crowdfunding when they prove that every penny has only ever been spent on developing the game, and not on retardedly expensive superfluous garbage. You DO NOT call gathering money for the purpose of outfitting your man-cave come gaming studio "crowdfunding".

gently caress. Off. Fatlord.

People are also acting like it's a new thing for them. They bought a loving $20,000 executive coffee machine for their office earlier this year and the cultists didn't even flinch. They didn't even have 2.0 or ANYTHING out at that point that showed any progress. So now, spending ~$300,000 to outfit their new office with trendy furniture is acceptable to them when they could have done it with much more functional stuff for $25,000 total, tops. This will only escalate. They don't care about their expenses because the cultists are either ignoring it or defending this extravagant spending.

Rad Russian fucked around with this message at 21:07 on Dec 13, 2015

Rad Russian
Aug 15, 2007

Soviet Power Supreme!

skaboomizzy posted:

This is just a crazy thought, and bear with me here:

Maybe people wouldn't have their ships exploded/stolen if they didn't have to remember what parking lot their ship is in, go through that interminable airlock sequence, run out to their ship, hope they can find the "use" icon and that it works, and sit through another ten-second "getting in my pilot seat" animation.

You mean have people simply select a ship from a list and spawn in it? That would be removing 50% of game-play available in 2.0.

Rad Russian
Aug 15, 2007

Soviet Power Supreme!

Justin Tyme posted:

If you get an assault rifle you can just shoot at the floors/wall inside the ship until it explodes.

That sounds like some sort of ISIS roleplay and not piracy.

Rad Russian
Aug 15, 2007

Soviet Power Supreme!

xiansi posted:

Almost nothing to do with Star Citizen (though I think maybe the devs had some sort of CryEngine knowledge-sharing thing going on with CIG ages ago?), but just saw Kickstarter update on Kingdom Come: Deliverance, and gently caress me if this thing isn't actually starting to look really good:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L4Eq2na6neI

This is how you do a CryEngine game with mo-cap. Also, 6:10, for the hilarious ghetto camera setup!

Not only that but they actually have deadlines and project plan that they follow, and have specific lists of features that need to be implemented by year end or they're cut.

Also the backers that actually spent several hundred $ on the kickstarter for Kingdom Come got handmade forged swords from a traditional European blacksmith, not lovely Chineese plastic toys and poo poo quality Chineese hats that CIG sent out to their large backers.

Rad Russian
Aug 15, 2007

Soviet Power Supreme!
So to translate this to the real world, it's basically equivalent to me returning jeans to a store and getting store credit for it. Then if I want to buy jeans again, the store tells me I have to use cash and the store credit is no good. I can only use store credit for anything that's not jeans. If I already bought everything in the store before, then the store credit is completely useless in that store now.

Is this what they're doing? This scam upon scam layering is confusing me.

Rad Russian
Aug 15, 2007

Soviet Power Supreme!

Samizdata posted:

She's obviously brilliant.

Needs to be in the OP

Rad Russian
Aug 15, 2007

Soviet Power Supreme!

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

The little symbol under his username is "Grand Admiral" which means he's spent at least $2500.

No different from Scientology sucking in full paychecks from people who are living month-to-month.

Rad Russian
Aug 15, 2007

Soviet Power Supreme!

Bait and Swatch posted:

Well planetside 2 doesnt have real physics you see

Once Planetside 2 introduces consensual PvP flagging system, then his ratio will finally match his elite skill. Most of his deaths are just from griefers while he's trying to look for bugs.

Rad Russian
Aug 15, 2007

Soviet Power Supreme!
All of Gryphon's (Daniel's) social media is flooded with Star Citizen poo poo. Does he do anything else with his life? He's not even getting paid to shill this dumb scam.

Get a life you creepy gently caress.

Rad Russian
Aug 15, 2007

Soviet Power Supreme!

He sends $50 a month from his disability check to Croberts. Our taxes at work folks. Yikes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rad Russian
Aug 15, 2007

Soviet Power Supreme!

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

someone HAS to ask if star citizen will support esports on their next livestream or whatever.

i want to hear them say yes then drone on about how it will be implemented and amazing

Croberts hasn't said no to a feature request in 3 years. Meanwhile they have a buggy POS tech-demo with no mocap (that cost ~20ish mil so far) and no gameplay whatsoever.

• Locked thread