Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
notoriousman
Nov 18, 2007

I'M AWARE I'M
AN IDIOT

Nation posted:

Im not going to post a picture for free itt of all places

Don't see why it has to be free.

In fact, when you give a girl the D you could call it a microtransaction.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

notoriousman
Nov 18, 2007

I'M AWARE I'M
AN IDIOT
So they're suddenly claiming alpha 2.0 is right around the corner after outright refusing to give a date at CitCon? Do they seriously have made multicrew working when they can't even stop their golf carts from exploding and/or falling through the world? And I thought they also claimed Squadron 42 episode 1 was coming with 2.0 instead of being its own module.

I just want to hear what the doc has to say on this.

notoriousman
Nov 18, 2007

I'M AWARE I'M
AN IDIOT

From last month's Citizen Con presentation, for context he starts talking about the alpha 2.0 features around 19:12 or so. Given that, their website lists the alpha 2.0 features as only including the various IFCS flight models and makes no mention of the additions announced at their convention. So really my question is 1) what happened to the launch of multicrew, the FPS integration, the "large world" integration, etc., and 2) what about the upcoming patch (which now appears to be comprised solely of new flight models and bugfixes) warrants the bump to alpha 2.0 as opposed to, say, alpha 1.4?

I'm not trying to be snarky or anything, just genuinely curious as to the state of this game. It baffles me that there doesn't seem to be any concrete release schedule for a game 3 years in development, and the best the various wikis out there can do is project based on years-old developer quotes. Just help me out here.

notoriousman fucked around with this message at 14:26 on Nov 2, 2015

notoriousman
Nov 18, 2007

I'M AWARE I'M
AN IDIOT

Bootcha posted:

Hahahahaha.

Hey Karl. Let me vette.

I got a WC FMV helmet prop. A gift from Lesnick for making sure he was comfortable and welcome in Austin. poo poo I still have his wife's desert plants she game me too.
I asked CR about his movie industry credentials at the GDC reveal. Somehow, that seems pertinent.
I was there all day and night at the 24 hour "end-of-funding" (hahaha) livestream. I provided the champagne, CR's milk for his espresso, and several other food runs to keep everyone going.
I'm in the picture of "The Pledge". You remember this thing?

I did the stage management at the first CitCon in Austin alongside Viewmaster.
I was on Wingman's Hangar. And I did a lot of production assistance whenever they needed it.
Dr. Hawk interviewed me long long long ago, ID'ed as one of THE INVESTORS. It was no big deal back then.
I AM THE ONE WHO LAMPS.

I was, and still am to a certain extent, one of the spergiest Wing Commander spergs. I kinda consider myself Patient Zero to this whole Star Citizen thing.

And yet I feel something is wrong. Something wrong enough to warrant action.

Way to go, dingus, you just doxxed yourself :rolleyes:

notoriousman
Nov 18, 2007

I'M AWARE I'M
AN IDIOT

KiddieGrinder posted:

What's with the green and red X's?

gonna guess the red X's are the investors bootcha mentioned that were "bought out" (his words) around the $25 mil mark

notoriousman
Nov 18, 2007

I'M AWARE I'M
AN IDIOT
lol, round verse

notoriousman
Nov 18, 2007

I'M AWARE I'M
AN IDIOT
shitposts =/= lovely posts

notoriousman
Nov 18, 2007

I'M AWARE I'M
AN IDIOT

MilesK posted:

I was goon-like before though. Got banned somewhere else after exposing a strict/obessive moderator as a convicted sex offender.
Did the other mods know?

notoriousman
Nov 18, 2007

I'M AWARE I'M
AN IDIOT
isn't the vox thing happening, like, now

so you could go tune in now or just wait for reddit to archive it or w/e

notoriousman
Nov 18, 2007

I'M AWARE I'M
AN IDIOT

DarkRefreshment posted:

One ship...3 years of design and ...mulligan? I can't imagine why complicated things like a PU are taking so long.

http://starcitizen.wikia.com/wiki/Cutlass_Black

[source?]

notoriousman
Nov 18, 2007

I'M AWARE I'M
AN IDIOT

Loiosh posted:

Here: https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen/comments/3sbyuh/from_ben_how_would_you_feel_about_replacing_the/

They're having trouble meeting the original goals for the ship because of its design.

Was just making a joke, friend. :)

There's at least 3 Star Citizen wikis, and trying to find credible sources on any of them is a crapshoot of years-old interviews and word of mouth. not to mention outright undocumented crap.

notoriousman
Nov 18, 2007

I'M AWARE I'M
AN IDIOT
Like clockwork, the upvoted reply in that reddit thread is "guess not everyone is fit to invest, weak hands to strong, baby! "

*is tens of thousands of dollars in debt for a buggy-as-poo poo alpha 4 years in the making*

notoriousman
Nov 18, 2007

I'M AWARE I'M
AN IDIOT

EightAce posted:

By the way I cant outshine Del boys revelation but i can tell you straight that they do not yet have ....one...single....playable ...mission for Sq42 .

"kill 10 space wolves and bring their pelts to me"

you're welcome chris

notoriousman
Nov 18, 2007

I'M AWARE I'M
AN IDIOT

Iglocska posted:

For the uninitiated: What's a brony?

Edit: Never mind, googled it. WTF? Is this a thing?

sweet summer child

notoriousman
Nov 18, 2007

I'M AWARE I'M
AN IDIOT
code:
"Everything is backwards now, like out there is the true world, and in here is the dream."

notoriousman
Nov 18, 2007

I'M AWARE I'M
AN IDIOT

darkarchon posted:

So guys, did I get this straight, aside from the 30 fps for the server that they are targeting (lol 30fps, surely that will be enough for playing and the game fps won't be tied to the server fps as they are right now, no no… and the spergs on reddit actually defend this decision :shrek:), nothing of value came from that latest 10FTC? Oh and right the 'contextual' «USE». gently caress this poo poo, the guy is completely uninformative and brings nothing of value to the table.
lol, 30??

guess he couldn't manage 24

notoriousman
Nov 18, 2007

I'M AWARE I'M
AN IDIOT

Goobs posted:

This is basically how I figure everyone who is a white knight is like. I just assume they're SUPER into anime and have creepy statues of schoolgirls all around their house.

same, but goons

notoriousman
Nov 18, 2007

I'M AWARE I'M
AN IDIOT
poo poo's gonna be on a whole new level once that agricultural ship hits the 'verse

how long has it been since, what was it, the endeavor?? was announced

and what the hell is the point of a farmship anyway

notoriousman
Nov 18, 2007

I'M AWARE I'M
AN IDIOT

cocaine dad show posted:

I love this thread and I have nothing of value to add

quote:

some photos of my catte
everything looks in order to me

notoriousman
Nov 18, 2007

I'M AWARE I'M
AN IDIOT

Fuzzy Modem posted:

CR and CIG ignored DS until the Escapist article

What? No, the escapist article was in october, Derek already had his pledge pulled - and was denounced on their forums for it - in July.

notoriousman
Nov 18, 2007

I'M AWARE I'M
AN IDIOT
Almost page 1800, let's do this poo poo HOOAH

i am over 20 pages behind but w/e

notoriousman
Nov 18, 2007

I'M AWARE I'M
AN IDIOT
"'When' questions, guys? Can't do 'em."

notoriousman
Nov 18, 2007

I'M AWARE I'M
AN IDIOT

Chalks posted:

Can someone decipher the backer values for these guys?

Is this dissent common these days?

Here's your whale-spotting guide: http://starcitizen.wikia.com/wiki/Titles

Fractured and angelarch are High Admiral, meaning $1,000+ in, Sozo's under for $500 and ol' Griefy never actually set their symbol so who knows unless they're flaunting it someplace.

notoriousman
Nov 18, 2007

I'M AWARE I'M
AN IDIOT

Solarin posted:

This was the dream Chris Roberts (aka robber crab, just like our friend the coconut crab) had in mind this whole time. It's not his fault that others misinterpreted his dream

E: procedural bird page snipe

pink-sided junco :kimchi:

notoriousman
Nov 18, 2007

I'M AWARE I'M
AN IDIOT

Eonwe posted:

here is some stimpire worthy material

is this some legorobot poo poo

notoriousman
Nov 18, 2007

I'M AWARE I'M
AN IDIOT

All glory to the 4th Snugpire.

notoriousman
Nov 18, 2007

I'M AWARE I'M
AN IDIOT
and here i thought the horse-racing connection was bizarre :allears:

edit: wanna see your answers

notoriousman
Nov 18, 2007

I'M AWARE I'M
AN IDIOT

fuctifino posted:

I don't like having sex with men :( Nor do I like semen :(

No stardom for me :(

don't worry about it

not everyone can be a

RISING STAR :awesome:

notoriousman
Nov 18, 2007

I'M AWARE I'M
AN IDIOT

Brazilianpeanutwar posted:

Got an Abes oddysee vibe from it.

"This is Rupture Farms. They say it's the biggest civil meat-processing plant in the Stimpire..."

notoriousman
Nov 18, 2007

I'M AWARE I'M
AN IDIOT

AugmentedVision posted:

I wonder if the original writer of Stimpire knows that his baby has been appropriated by goons and subsequently censored by CIG

Wait I just realized the irony
a sickening and heartbreaking truth, that

notoriousman
Nov 18, 2007

I'M AWARE I'M
AN IDIOT

"lemme just list a huge laundry list of reasons backers should be indignant about cut features and moved goal posts and instead tell them to stuff it"

notoriousman
Nov 18, 2007

I'M AWARE I'M
AN IDIOT
At least I'm not a plane-fucker.

Thank gently caress we get a Twitch stream later, at the very least.

notoriousman
Nov 18, 2007

I'M AWARE I'M
AN IDIOT

Tijuana Bibliophile posted:

It's pretty funny he still haven't fixed the loving reset button :effort:

Betya he'll fix it and put it up again for the same price next time

Same price??

Gotta charge for parts and labor, schlub

notoriousman
Nov 18, 2007

I'M AWARE I'M
AN IDIOT
Have they honestly make a single ship to the specs they promised, or is everything else cobbled together from broken promises and missed deadlines?

notoriousman
Nov 18, 2007

I'M AWARE I'M
AN IDIOT

lollllll, how has this one lasted so long?

edit: WTF is this intro

notoriousman
Nov 18, 2007

I'M AWARE I'M
AN IDIOT

Eonwe posted:

EightAce's posts and this recent chair thing have finally made the thread good again

like the tide's ebb and flow, their ocean of incompetence laps at our shores

notoriousman
Nov 18, 2007

I'M AWARE I'M
AN IDIOT
no gears turning as to why a company that has yet to release a product needs 4 studios across 2 continents? and that if they are having such trouble with communication and resource management, maybe the should be consolidated?

and of course, the ever-pithy and classy comeback at the end in tyool 2016

come the gently caress on people

notoriousman
Nov 18, 2007

I'M AWARE I'M
AN IDIOT
also i just noticed the duder's name which makes my remark a bit ironic, lol

notoriousman
Nov 18, 2007

I'M AWARE I'M
AN IDIOT
XxGodIsDead420xX laying down the law to pgabz