Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
staberind
Feb 20, 2008

but i dont wanna be a spaceship
Fun Shoe

Nickiepoo posted:

Having only watched the film at the time I didn't understand what the gently caress those little red robots were or why I should care but other than that yeah, fun little game.

some of the music was alright as well.

hullo new thread.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

staberind
Feb 20, 2008

Fun Shoe

Wulf Knight posted:

This number helped from on occasion after my wife wouldn't touch me for the 20th month straight.

6th forum rereg?

ah cool, D. got his stuff sorted.

Also, as I was just catching up, I was wondering why the gently caress Derek was all whiteface and poo poo, reddit is an endless source of fuckwit humour.

staberind fucked around with this message at 04:44 on Oct 27, 2015

staberind
Feb 20, 2008

Fun Shoe
Or the mad prices attatched to them, only a fool would support such greed.

Lord_NeckBeard posted:

Yes, Grand Nagus D_Smart. Please do this. Get into contact with the miami documentary company Rakontur, most famous for Cocaine Cowboys.

Hey nice new friends, could someone do a photoshop of this image with "Cocaine CRoberts" as the title? https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/0/0c/Cocainecowboys_promo_cover.jpg[

Leave the cocaine and add a nice picture of the villainous jpeg trafficker.

How much did you spend on Jpgs?

staberind
Feb 20, 2008

Fun Shoe
the problem is, all their assets are pretty poo poo and useless without an engine to support them, I dont think there is an engine that actually exists with all their
"features", and good luck smushing something together.

staberind
Feb 20, 2008

Fun Shoe

The Saddest Robot posted:

It's okay remember Chris Roberts didn't promise any dates. It will be released when it is ready and when the world is ready for it.

My puckered sphincter is ready for it.

staberind
Feb 20, 2008

Fun Shoe

thatguy posted:

Also, if we could stop talking about Derek's game in this thread that'd be nice too.

I dunno, I think the thread should be seeded with internet or otherwise space games that people can play, as the carrot, with everything else in here as the stick.

I also am interested in L.O.D if it can do fps and fun dogfighting in space crates, etc. just it existing and being worked on is a poo poo sandwich for rsi.

staberind
Feb 20, 2008

Fun Shoe

joats posted:

Most GTA games missed release date and they were ok, or so I have heard.

All the X games were messes when they were released, were polished by both the modding community and the makers into great games, with the exception of X:Rebirth, no one wants to touch that really.

staberind
Feb 20, 2008

Fun Shoe
Ah goons, we get bored if shiny things are not around to distract us and turn on each other, such is life in the zone.

staberind
Feb 20, 2008

Fun Shoe

Karl_Ramseier posted:

Serious answer:
It's not a question of believe, It is just a game after all.

Uhhh, I got some bad news for you, champ.

staberind
Feb 20, 2008

Fun Shoe
I like the way reddit provides 24/7 idiot cover.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Ch3zslRlbA
For your archival pleasure

staberind
Feb 20, 2008

Fun Shoe

Nice one Bootch.

staberind
Feb 20, 2008

Fun Shoe

Lord_NeckBeard posted:

I laughed

I cried. Literally. I laughed over a minute at this and had tears and had to blow my nose, with aftershock chuckles. My belly hurts and I feel an afterglow.

Thanks friends

:10bux: thanks.

you know there are other threads on this internet site. check them out, make sure to introduce yourself in fyad.

staberind
Feb 20, 2008

Fun Shoe

wheelchairgate.
the great forums divide.

drat, I know what side of the divide I am on now.

staberind fucked around with this message at 04:33 on Oct 28, 2015

staberind
Feb 20, 2008

Fun Shoe
I know this is a bad idea, but does the wulge have a face?

staberind
Feb 20, 2008

Fun Shoe

Amethyst posted:

You literally have a Derek Smart avatar. You're a cheerleader for an incredibly stupid obsessive who doxes wheelchair bound vid game fans because he has nothing better to do. You probably spend several hours a week in this lovely thread.

I don't even need to add anything more to this post because it's already clear that your unimaginably pathetic life isn't worth living.

staberind
Feb 20, 2008

Fun Shoe

Kilmers Elbow posted:

He's the Highlander guy, isn't he?

The shitwizard that posts those achingly terrible images? beardyman?

staberind
Feb 20, 2008

Fun Shoe

Amethyst posted:

It's incredible how easy it is to reduce the big hard internet men of Star Citizen crew into puddles of tears when you suggest that maybe stalking a wheelchair bound cripple isn't a cool and badass thing to do. Perhaps the tightneing you feel in your chest when confronted with your own shortcomings should be harnessed for personal growth, rather than going into a panic and posting the loving get out frog 12 times in a row.

You are posting this like you are a lone worrier against a tide of heartless fuckers.
why dont you reach out to wheelchair guy and say "you pathetic infantile bastard, I want to cover you in bubblewrap, hold you in my big strong arms and so on".

this boy is physically a mess, but he is 19, old enough to know the difference between calling Derek a dalek & trying to go all davros on L.O.D. by bombing it on steam.

choose your battles wisely.

staberind
Feb 20, 2008

Fun Shoe

Amethyst posted:

Hmmmmmmm yes, it's perfectly reasonable to dox a kid, and publish his personal details on a hugely trafficked forum, because he left a bunch of negative reviews on steam. I am a Rational human being who does not stuff magazines up his rear end as soon as I get home every night

Did you not notice the amount of backlash d-smizzle got for that on these very forums?
Do you think everyone here is 100% behind Dr Smart getting medieval with a paraplegic?

you are a "rational human being" who does kind of irrational things, maybe you need to reflect on that.

Edit : so what do you cram up you arse every night, without fail?

staberind fucked around with this message at 05:25 on Oct 28, 2015

staberind
Feb 20, 2008

Fun Shoe

Karl_Ramseier posted:

Hmm, I think I am gonna give this kid some infos about your lawsuits (starting with the parentship one, don't you think?) and other personal info, let's see at which point someone thinks gently caress it and publish it all.
That will be glorious to watch.

You realise that you just republished His info, again. you are kind of a poo poo whiteknight, maybe a brownknight.

staberind
Feb 20, 2008

Fun Shoe

Jegan Ace posted:

Legal threats are like Star Citizen JPEGs.

Pledges can be made, but the likelihood of anything of substance coming from them is slim to none.

Just the tip.

staberind
Feb 20, 2008

Fun Shoe

OWLS! posted:

Godfucking dammit, Canada.

See if you can track down that awful cooking guy who's kitchen is full of hoarderjunk.
I'm sure he will know some good bars.

staberind
Feb 20, 2008

Fun Shoe
"Paaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaarp."

The sound of gooncock hitting perfectly smooth skin.

staberind
Feb 20, 2008

Fun Shoe

janssendalt posted:

Some people here spend more time and energy every week on criticizing the people who have put money into the project than the average pledger has put into making the money to pledge for the game

:downsbravo:

Some fuckers just don't get SA & goons,
They never will either,
Thats them in the wheelchair.

Edit :VVV Look at this edgy bitch. janssendalt, this is the kind of poo poo you should hope to emulate.

staberind fucked around with this message at 05:18 on Oct 29, 2015

staberind
Feb 20, 2008

Fun Shoe
The irony of a fyad being upset over a gif is not lost on me.

CrazyLoon posted:

May I ask where this is from, friend? I promise never to discuss the Great Pumpkin on Something Awful, if you tell me.

http://forums.somethingawful.com/forumdisplay.php?forumid=26

Welcome home.

staberind fucked around with this message at 06:37 on Oct 29, 2015

staberind
Feb 20, 2008

Fun Shoe
Imagine mordor populated by tourret's gremlins on ketamine enjoying a sugar rush.

They are like the shock troops of gbs.
the few, the proud, the FYAD.

staberind
Feb 20, 2008

Fun Shoe
Eve and Star Trek Online are both games where the entire metagame is making certain types of player spazz the gently caress out.
Eve manages to take it a step further by allowing idiots to fly around with "plex" (read irl money/time cards) in their ships.

staberind
Feb 20, 2008

Fun Shoe

OWLS! posted:

:ohdear: This guy has never run a public image hosting site has he... :ohdear:

I wonder why no one is helping them archive :nms: :nws: http://www.stileproject.com/videos/abnormalities/ :nms: :nws: with a handy script.

staberind
Feb 20, 2008

Fun Shoe

CISscum posted:

Confessions of a junktown jerky vendor.

The mind boggles, it boggles.

staberind
Feb 20, 2008

Fun Shoe

Necatus posted:

Hold on a second, here's a closer look.

The reflections in the glass are still black, there's weird artifacts all around the edges, and they forgot to completely erase the line going to the text in the top right. They're not even making half-assed models in Max, they're just painting over poo poo in Photoshop.

:gary:

Palette swaps? in tyool 2015?
A shameful :gary:

staberind
Feb 20, 2008

Fun Shoe
Its a bit past 9 am, I got through the 1000 or so posts since I last looked in the thread, I'm off to bed,
I can't even describe this thread.

Of Course Derek should have a chin wag with the scum of the earth, He's Derek Smart, he can handle it.

staberind
Feb 20, 2008

Fun Shoe

CrazyLoon posted:

Oh I dunno...why don't you call me gypsy scum over here about this, like you did over there. I'm sure nothing bad could happen and goons would totally love you after that. :allears:

shankerz posted:

Still playing the victim card I see. Lying about your welfare space pixle adventures is like beliving that Seraph babysitting your child is a sound safe decision.

If you must do this, at least be entertaining, Might I suggest roleplaying as Sandi & Ben?

staberind
Feb 20, 2008

Fun Shoe

jaegerx posted:

Turn your jpegs into Cigcoin. It can only go.

FtFy.

Loiosh posted:

That I would not know, so I'm speculating here that the 64bit change is related to entity positioning. The model is represented as a state vector (correct on this, game devs?) but the animation system is completely separate from the positional data of the entities. It just works on the rig, and the rig is instructions for how the bones and joints move on the skeletal frame. I remember that Last of Us uses hints for objects and animation tags to allow for dynamic things like Joel placing his hand on nearby objects when crouched, but I have no idea how that works.

In answer to your latter, the lack of progress I gave my feelings on earlier, wherein I have a different perspective from the current one here.

As others have already mentioned, your point of view is welcome in the thread, we do hope, as well, that whatever you have invested into cig, you can easily recover,
Also, you have been on SA long enough to know that we love to take the micky out of anything/one, so, no need to feel obliged to justify anything.
Perhaps take a leaf out of Derek's book.

staberind
Feb 20, 2008

Fun Shoe
If we are posting odd space games to scratch the itch, Grav is free for the weekend on steam, its an odd game, but i am kind of sucked in.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/332500/

& get an ointment.

staberind fucked around with this message at 15:05 on Nov 13, 2015

staberind
Feb 20, 2008

Fun Shoe

Kmillion posted:

I want to believe in this project. I have pledged a decent amount of money, have an Idris-M and a few other ships. I was hooked from the minute I heard about the game. Unfortunately, 2015 hasn't inspired confidence. What happened to Star Marine? Is that going to be released this year? The weekly updates have stopped and transitioned to AC 2.0 updates. It just seems like nothing that was promised in December 2014 has happened. Am I missing something? Has CIG commented on the delays or given an updated timeline?

Everyone wanted this project to succeed, There are plenty of people here who backed as well, not to mention Bootcha, et al, who literally invested money, as opposed to donated.

However.

Due to the complete lack of direction and waste of funding, its not going to happen, all we are doing is placing bets on where and how much destruction it will cause when it nosedives and crashes in a fireball.

and eating popcorn.

I certainly hope that there is a thriving film industry in Argentina or wherever they flee to.
http://www.dailyfinance.com/2010/05/17/for-wall-street-fiends-looking-to-start-over-the-five-best-plac/

staberind fucked around with this message at 19:15 on Nov 14, 2015

staberind
Feb 20, 2008

Fun Shoe
In a mold breaking, cutting edge new transparent way of making a gaem, why does no one actually have a clue about anything?
sounds a bit like bollocks to me.

Edit :lets try some jokes :
How many companies does it take to make one game?
How many mocap studios does it take to make a game about flying spaceships in space?

Compare and contrast : the technology behind creating localized gravity fields Vs golf carts that explode in flames.

staberind fucked around with this message at 09:58 on Nov 15, 2015

staberind
Feb 20, 2008

Fun Shoe
I don't really see them defending cig as much as trying to provide insight into the processes behind the scenes. (& who possibly may still chargeback)

unlike octo, who's just :shrek: for reasons known only to themselves.

staberind
Feb 20, 2008

Fun Shoe
Actually, to be fair, they are going to need a lot of time in a mocap studio if Sandi is going to be reprising her role as a skeksis.

staberind
Feb 20, 2008

Fun Shoe
So, close to 8000 posts since I last checked, game out/legal case happen?

staberind
Feb 20, 2008

Fun Shoe
so good to see that even if cig has not actually crashed yet, its just gaining even more momentum
I wonder how many suicides there will be.
:synpa:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

staberind
Feb 20, 2008

Fun Shoe
I see everything is roughly in the same state of flux it was in a few thousand pages back; cig spiraling a little quicker and lower now though.

• Locked thread