Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
I Greyhound
Apr 22, 2008

MusicKrew Dawn Patrol

TheLastRoboKy posted:

, and as I said earlier the HR/Marketing/Actor that is Sandi Gardner (Chris Roberts' wife) sending a backer who is a member of this forum their SA posts in an email asking "Is this you?"

I missed that could you give me more details?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I Greyhound
Apr 22, 2008

MusicKrew Dawn Patrol

G0RF posted:

Sure, you could've moved somewhere less expensive, avoided the luxuries, and kept more talent employed-- but where would the fun be in that?

:gary: With Sandi, they have all the talent they need.

I Greyhound
Apr 22, 2008

MusicKrew Dawn Patrol

G0RF posted:

This is a highly staged commercial pretending to be in-engine game footage.

To watch it is to be promised so very much. "This is 2.0 gameplay- we're nearly there! Squeeee! I'll be able to eject from combat if need be, and escape in pod to the nearby planet, and who knows what adventures await me down there!"

No, it isn't, and no you won't.

Where did the other ship come from? Why would you not just have the entire ship eject? Is that pod going to be standard across all ships? Why do they not have a global design document describing the basics of how things work?

I Greyhound
Apr 22, 2008

MusicKrew Dawn Patrol
See you in the ' verse

I Greyhound
Apr 22, 2008

MusicKrew Dawn Patrol
:yarg::gary:

I Greyhound
Apr 22, 2008

MusicKrew Dawn Patrol
Quick Derek, find out what Roosh V's opinion on Star Citizen is!

I Greyhound
Apr 22, 2008

MusicKrew Dawn Patrol
This is why Derek is the most hilarious choice for CRoberts' opponent.

His mild association with the Gamergate idiots and his willful patronage of the man whose avowed beliefs include "literally mutilate women who speak up, and killing kids isn't wrong if they might be liberals" means that there's great entertainment no matter what happens with Star Citizen, because both sides are blithering morons.

I Greyhound
Apr 22, 2008

MusicKrew Dawn Patrol

Bacon Terrorist posted:

Sorry guys, I really Crobertsed this whole catte thing up :ohdear:

Not at all you actually succeeded in delivering cats

I Greyhound
Apr 22, 2008

MusicKrew Dawn Patrol

Paladinus posted:

I am sorry I had to slack off on the thread lately. How did the nazi interview go? Have Bootcha released his new video? Why is Serpah's new account only probated?

1) uneventful 2) no 3)because 6 hour probations can be finalized by a mod alone with no oversight, so they're used to temporarily take care of an issue until a longer probation/ban can be reviewed by a second party.

I Greyhound
Apr 22, 2008

MusicKrew Dawn Patrol
Here's an 80 page treatise on how all ships should have a 30 to 45 second minigame set each time you climb into them before you can fly somewhere.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B2EZACiwECEpVjBKOTJpSHpaams/view

Chris Roberts doesn't have any plans for anything, so fans have to make them themselves.

I Greyhound
Apr 22, 2008

MusicKrew Dawn Patrol
I was so sad when my favorite cam (a controllable camera on a pole in some park in Japan) went down.

I Greyhound
Apr 22, 2008

MusicKrew Dawn Patrol
I'm still astounded even for CIG that they would actually use "one guy broke a wrist, the entire game is delayed a month" as an excuse. This is bordering on OUYA-level incompetence.

I Greyhound
Apr 22, 2008

MusicKrew Dawn Patrol

Nation posted:

are they still doing refunds??

Like crossing the event horizon of a black hole, we'll never be quite sure when we've hit the point of no refunds. (But maybe an outside observer would see it happen).

So maybe we're there now, and the current refund delays are permanent delays.

I Greyhound
Apr 22, 2008

MusicKrew Dawn Patrol
When's the last time we've had an update on Ben Lesnicks cargo stacking minigame?

Octopode posted:

Yep, zero programming experience. I mean, that's not demonstrably false just for my involvement in Star Citizen alone, let alone my professional life, or anything.

Edit: Have you figured out how to read API documentation yet?

Your involvement with Star Citizen is to spout stuff out your rear end and be proven wrong about anything project time line related, over and over.

I Greyhound
Apr 22, 2008

MusicKrew Dawn Patrol
I just watched citizenstreamman64 or whoever EVA up to a turret on a ship parked on a ramp. This brought up a <use> prompt, even though the turret has no hatch to the outside world. When he activated it, he warped 50 feet downward through the hull and began the animation to enter the turret though an elevator from inside the ship.

I Greyhound
Apr 22, 2008

MusicKrew Dawn Patrol
Mysteriously, despite the reminder that down votes aren't a dislike button, all of Beers posts are down voted to hell. Not a cult, though.

I Greyhound
Apr 22, 2008

MusicKrew Dawn Patrol
The main issue is that they are right now, in December 2015, is where they should have been and needed to be in December 2013. From the list on the CIG forums, they have 26 ship variants flyable, they have 105 or so planned. Many of the current ships are horribly broken and really can't be considered complete, and several have rework planned. They have one star system complete, about 100 planned. They would have a hard time being set up to release in 2017.

And of course the overarching problem, by putting an FPS inside their Space game, they're going to end up with a substandard quality FPS inside a substandard space game due to the limitations and compromises needed to join them.

Final question: Did they drop the individual thruster simulations with damage states idiocy? Seems like it was sacrificed to the gods of netcode, exactly as predicted here.

I Greyhound
Apr 22, 2008

MusicKrew Dawn Patrol

hanales posted:

I'm downloading the full broadcast now in case it gets edited/deleted. If anyone wants gifs/highlights let me know a timestamp and I will see what I can do (or if you want the full video I can upload it somewhere, it's about 2GB)

Steampunk Santa rolling in at 2:31:10, please!

I Greyhound
Apr 22, 2008

MusicKrew Dawn Patrol

Mirificus posted:

Steripak idiocy.

How was I to know my ship was 70% plastics? I guess I'll just fly my aluminum ship skeleton around now.

And if you put in a refund request, waited four to six weeks for them to respond and then they reject it, you are past the point that you should be talking to CIG. Start a chargeback immediately. If you want, you can tell them that you're starting a chargeback, but the language is "I'm starting a chargeback" not any sort of negotiation.

I Greyhound
Apr 22, 2008

MusicKrew Dawn Patrol

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

I wonder what people are thinking as reality sets in and they begin to accept the truth. That this community is not special or set apart. That there is no fun to be derived save what can be extracted from the misery of others. That the same people that harass them for no reason outside of spite will be even more relentless if the game is fun.

That we really are out there.

How can you beta test when the game is prealpha 2.0, with production started last week?

I Greyhound
Apr 22, 2008

MusicKrew Dawn Patrol

AP posted:

What happens at 1000 pages, I missed something I think.

Dreams. Dreams happen.

I Greyhound
Apr 22, 2008

MusicKrew Dawn Patrol

TTerrible posted:

Not sure of the exact date, but they're claiming that the 2.0 release pushed to all backers just before christmas counts as a "substantial implementation" or some poo poo. No more refunds.

They're even rejecting refunds requested several weeks before the 2.0 release, after they sat on them for a month or more.

I Greyhound
Apr 22, 2008

MusicKrew Dawn Patrol

Lowtax posted:

forums revenue is lowest since 2002, so I doubt I'm raking in the big bucks here

Come back Seraph, lowtax needs to feed his family.

I Greyhound
Apr 22, 2008

MusicKrew Dawn Patrol
Fidelity. :swoon:

I Greyhound
Apr 22, 2008

MusicKrew Dawn Patrol
:gary:

I Greyhound fucked around with this message at 02:00 on Dec 31, 2015

I Greyhound
Apr 22, 2008

MusicKrew Dawn Patrol
Also my son absolutely loves PGabz dancing cat, he keeps trying to grab it off the screen.

And AP, thanks for posting all the best moment of starcit, so I don't have to watch actual vidz.

I Greyhound
Apr 22, 2008

MusicKrew Dawn Patrol

I Greyhound
Apr 22, 2008

MusicKrew Dawn Patrol

I Greyhound
Apr 22, 2008

MusicKrew Dawn Patrol
Also this year:
Community Manager doing a show displays a URL onscreen for an unsecured internal torrent of work-in-progress assets.

Citizens should find it odd that at the time, the leak was actually the first real sign in several months that any progress was happening, because their three shows a week are nothing but fluff with no substance.

Not this year, but worth watching again as we strive for the 1000 page stretch goal:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rc7ywfd1qe8

I Greyhound
Apr 22, 2008

MusicKrew Dawn Patrol
I wonder how the three real alien languages are going. It was the $50 million stretch goal.

Chris Roberts posted:

Alien Languages – Do you speak Banu? We will work with real-world linguists to create distinctive and realistic alien languages for Star Citizen’s three biggest alien races, the Vanduul, the Xi’An and the Banu. No universal translators, no garbled animal noises: Star Citizen’s aliens will be speaking their own authentic languages!

I Greyhound
Apr 22, 2008

MusicKrew Dawn Patrol
Eleven more pages!!!!

Star Citizen, am I right?

I Greyhound
Apr 22, 2008

MusicKrew Dawn Patrol
I had forgetten about the imgur-report bot that they set up to try to stop us from laughing at the glitch gifs. They found out the hard way that we link the same images found on Reddit.

I Greyhound
Apr 22, 2008

MusicKrew Dawn Patrol

quote:

Derek Smart will be burning our jpegs in two weeks, Jan 13th. Lawsuit. (self.DerekSmart)
submitted 2 days ago by Mrs-Poopybutthole

Dr. Derek smarts schizophrenic problems seem to be arising again. As the voices in his head were wrong about CiG going down in 90 days, they are now trying to convince him that he will be suing CiG in two weeks. Is there anything we can do for this lonely and pathetic man?
https://imgur.com/GnQA9LI
https://archive.is/Fjgm6
Can we add this to the list of predictions?

"Two weeks"? Is this one of your Earth 'jokes'? I"m not an alien, by the way.

I Greyhound
Apr 22, 2008

MusicKrew Dawn Patrol
Bettysbigtits is still around, actually.

quote:

[–]BettysBigTits[S] 2 points 9 days ago
Oh im hoping it comes out ive got a lot of ships for it

Fine work.

I Greyhound
Apr 22, 2008

MusicKrew Dawn Patrol
It's a ten year old, right?

I Greyhound
Apr 22, 2008

MusicKrew Dawn Patrol
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p9WFw56Mv1w

I Greyhound
Apr 22, 2008

MusicKrew Dawn Patrol
D_Smart's going to close the thread at 999 pages and blueball all goons.

I Greyhound
Apr 22, 2008

MusicKrew Dawn Patrol

I Greyhound
Apr 22, 2008

MusicKrew Dawn Patrol
:barf:
https://forums.robertsspaceindustri...-expressions/p3

quote:

I can't pay attention to anything that's being said in around the verse anymore, i get hypnotized by Sandi's amazing facial expressions.

I would like to know if i'm the only one with this symptom.

CIG should capture those facial gestures and put them in the game!

Update:
Ok to make it short, "Sandi is a very attractive lady that should be in the game", you guys can't handle the details.

I'm done posting in this thread, you guys feel like a bunch of 12 year old boys or girls.

Au revoir!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I Greyhound
Apr 22, 2008

MusicKrew Dawn Patrol

Chris Roberts posted:

“ As someone that was taking Physics at Manchester University before I dropped out to make games full time I can assure everyone that the physics model is COMPLETELY accurate and it’s a full rigid body simulation. I know because I wrote the code. ”

• Locked thread