Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Solvency
Apr 28, 2008

Trade, sir! Discover it! This is you, this is a clue. Get a clue, discover trade!
They are likely just using a script to go through the thread and mass reporting every imgr link. I suppose we could do the same thing with any screenshot they post to reddit of this thread if we actually cared. :effort:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Solvency
Apr 28, 2008

Trade, sir! Discover it! This is you, this is a clue. Get a clue, discover trade!

Dunite posted:

It seems like Redditors impression of goons more correctly reprents their own actions than it does that of SA forum members.

Does that mean Reddit is better at being Goony than goons are?

We are triple distilled goon, reddit is is undistilled, 4chan is the stuff that went bad.

Solvency
Apr 28, 2008

Hooded Reptile posted:

No one has mentioned the star citizen IRC yet?

Facebook isn't mentioned much here either. We wouldn't even need d_smart to get us the names of the marks citizens there.

Solvency
Apr 28, 2008

:gary: :quig:

Solvency
Apr 28, 2008

DreadLlama posted:

:gary: Handling Sewage and Fecal Matter Safely

University employees in many areas occasionally face exposure to human or animal fecal matter or sewage. Plumbers, custodians, groundskeepers, even the casual pedestrian can come in contact with fecal matter unexpectedly. Sewage spills, plumbing malfunctions, people relieving themselves in inappropriate places, and inconsiderate pet owners are some of the causes of this problem.

:gary: Dangers of Exposure to Fecal Matter

The greatest danger of exposure to fecal matter is the possibility of it entering your mouth and then getting into your digestive system. While most people would never knowingly ingest this matter, not using proper hygiene after contact with fecal matter or sewage can create a path for microorganisms to enter.
Hand-to-mouth exposure to fecal matter can cause illnesses such as salmonellosis and hepatitis A. Salmonellosis is a bacterial disease whose symptoms include abdominal pain, diarrhea, nausea, and somtimes vomiting. Hepatatis A symptoms include fever, malaise, anorexia, nausea, and abdominal discomfort, followed within a few days by jaundice. It can be a mild illness lasting 1-2 weeks or a disabling disease lasting several months.
The possibility of contracting life-threatening diseases such as hepatitis B or AIDS is extremely remote as neither hepatitis B nor HIV can be transmitted by the fecal-oral route.

:gary: How to Protect Yourself from Fecal Matter

The two main ways of protecting yourself from fecal matter are following good hygiene practices and using personal protective equipment.

:gary: Good Hygiene
  • Do not touch fecal matter with bare hands. If you need to remove it, wear waterproof gloves and use an instrument such as tongs or a spade for picking it up.
  • Do not smoke, eat, drink, apply lip treatments, or chew gum while cleaning up fecal matter.
  • Reduce exposure by keeping those who are not properly protected from coming in contact with the material. Close the area to any use pending clearance.
  • Clean everything, including clothes, tools, and footwear, that came in contact with the fecal matter. Use a mild bleach solution made of two tablespoons of household bleach per gallon of cool water. (Chlorine is more effective in cool water.) Contaminated building floors should be scrubbed with the same solution. Be sure there is good ventilation for the chlorine fumes.
  • Wash your hands thoroughly even if you were wearing gloves the whole time. Use plenty of soap, scrub for at least 30 seconds, and rinse thoroughly with warm water. The California Department of Health Services states that "frequent, routine hand washing is the most important safeguard in preventing infection by agents present in sewage."

:gary: Clearance
Clean the site using the cleaning methods described above until all visible sewage has been removed and no sewage odor is present. The area can then reopened for use.

:gary: Personal Protective Equipment
If your work duties are such that encountering fecal matter is a possibility, always be prepared by carrying waterproof gloves and washable footwear. Coveralls can also come in handy. Such work clothes should not be worn home or outside the immediate work environment.
Another way to protect yourself against illness is by keeping your tetanus-diphtheria (Td) immunization current. "Current" means a booster shot within the last ten years (for those who have completed the basic series of three immunizations, usually given in childhood).

:gary: The Bristol Stool Chart

Upon encounter of fecal matter, it is important to identify the classification of such matter to promote better handling safety. The Bristol Stool Chart is provided here for assistance.

same

Solvency
Apr 28, 2008

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

lies

water > *

tea > water

and healthier (as long as you don't put in sugar or milk)

Solvency
Apr 28, 2008

Aramoro posted:

Yup that happens if you get your cockpit shot off, it can shatter in a few ways and makes flying slightly tricky as you can't see the HUD. Closest I've been was boosting into a station with 7 seconds left on the clock.

Also, the sounds become very muted, like listening to everything with your head underwater. Elite: Dangerous's sound design always amazes me.

Solvency
Apr 28, 2008

LCL-Dead posted:

Newest reply. Somehow being gifted something, melting it, rebuying the LTI version and gifting it back counts against my account even though the actual transaction is listed as $0.00USD in the billing page, therefore not contributing to overall amount spent.

I really hate to come to the defence of these guys, but to them it probably looks like:

Person A: Bought ship
Person A: Gifted ship to person B
Person B: Melted Ship
Person B: Bought new ship
Person B: Gifted ship to Person A

Technically the ship you sent was destroyed, and you were gifted another ship, which is not refundable since you didn't buy it. Imagine if you did that with a car, where you bought it, gave it to someone else, who sold it to buy the exact same car (with a different VIN), which you then tried to return to the dealer.

:gary: All that said, functionally they are identical since they don't exist. You should be able to get that money back, and any good customer support team would understand that.

Solvency
Apr 28, 2008

Hopper posted:

As for loose tea, I recommend this really nice organic Seeyok Second Flush:

http://www.cupoftea.uk.com/darjeeling-seeyok-second-flush-organic/p1120

Looks good, though I'll have to try it at my local tea shop in the states. Closest they have is:
http://www.adagio.com/black/darjeeling_no22.html

Solvency
Apr 28, 2008

I wonder if we can get the stream banned from Twitch for not showing gameplay.

Solvency
Apr 28, 2008

I'm the quivering textures on the stairs.

Solvency
Apr 28, 2008

Matlock Birthmark posted:

So, they are specific enough to make a NDA with no "livestreaming/screenshots" allowed, but Chris couldn't answer that just two hours ago. Very well organized.

Worse then that, he stated that he was looking forward to seeing all the livestreams and screenshots that come out of it.

Yeah, guess that isn't happening

Solvency
Apr 28, 2008

I'm always amazed how easily this thread goes off the rails if certain people post here. You all just can't help yourself.

Octopode is the realest goon here. He's trolled the trolls.

Solvency
Apr 28, 2008

Eonwe posted:

yeah i totally got trolled hard

im so fuckin mad right now

shut up octosolvency

You're just mad you don't have the wealth of experience that Octopode has. That dude could probably tell you a thing or two about poo poo-posting that he copied from somewhere.

Solvency
Apr 28, 2008

grimcreaper posted:

https://www.facebook.com/215475438505750/photos/a.429027047150587.107566.215475438505750/968218136564806/?type=3&theater

Hey look! The crash has begun. They lost their building and now have to code in the streets!

I count 3, maybe 4 women in that picture.

Solvency
Apr 28, 2008

I don't understand how Beer being banned of this is still a mystery unless everyone is just being coy.

Beer was likely banned because of the whole Vindicator/Sabre/Potato incident, and him posting the encrypted hash of the projected name of the ship which was given to him by Smart. They can't admit to this however, because there is nothing wrong with simply guessing the name of the ship. The REAL crux is that Smart claimed this to be from an inside source, and if correct would amount to proprietary information. They don't want to admit that Beer was correct in his guess for the same reason as they can't admit to Austin being downsized.

Furthermore, CIG can't say Austin was downsized because admitting to that would admit Smart was correct and likely has an inside source. This in itself would not be so terrible, if the Escapist hadn't also received leaks that CIG categorically denies. If they admit that Smart was right and has a source, it also is a tacit admission that they have a leak, and that same leak is likely a source for the infamous Escapist article. They REALLY don't want to admit to anything in that article, so they have to prove Smart wrong. Beer, by taking information from Smart and posting it, got himself mixed up in the tug of war between Smart and Roberts et al.

Solvency
Apr 28, 2008

IrvingWashington posted:

More bad news for citizens:

That's clearly a bird :cripes:

Looks like a thong to me.

No thongs unless you have no pubes.

Solvency
Apr 28, 2008

D_Smart posted:

If you are wondering why no feature updates to the Star Citizen PU, it's because they are focusing on SQ42 & putting it in maintenance mode.

My guess is that unless and until SQ42 comes out - in 2017 unless they cut & rush it out in 2016 - the PU will remain stagnant

Late last year you were claiming that CIG wouldn't last through the summer of this year, especially if SQ42 didn't come out. Do you think that timeline has changed? I haven't seen anything that leads me to believe that your first prediction was off base, and CIG having enough cash to continue into 2017 seems pretty far out there.

Solvency
Apr 28, 2008

I'm addicted to library of babel for dumb reasons, and I even post on its lovely forum. I'm not even sure why I find it compelling.

Solvency
Apr 28, 2008

EightAce - What motivates you to leak stuff when there is great personal risk to either yourself or your sources?

Solvency
Apr 28, 2008

Yeah, it's themed.

Solvency
Apr 28, 2008

I'll be shocked if this whole secret code business isn't just an elaborate April Fools joke.

Solvency
Apr 28, 2008

Posting is not a race or achievement. It should be done with patience and care.

Solvency
Apr 28, 2008

Jon Do posted:

archeage broke a little piece of all of us

I could tell that game was going to be poo poo from the open beta, what exactly did you guys hope for anyways?

Solvency
Apr 28, 2008

RoosterChief posted:

$1250. For a digital picture of a ship. Sometimes I just...:stare:

My favorite moment of this thread was when some new person came in and asked where they could buy Star Citizen dollars, and how much they cost. It was beyond their ability to understand that space ships cost that much in real US dollars. Anyone know the post?

Solvency
Apr 28, 2008

Wrecked Angle posted:

:frogbon: That was me... what seems like a lifetime ago. I legit thought I would get like 50 Star Citizen dollars for 1 good ol' sterling pound, how naive I was.

Still, it made my day after reading that post. It showed just how accustomed to the prices we had become.

Solvency
Apr 28, 2008

Sunswipe posted:

Break each effortpost into smaller posts.

And then when ever anyone even slightly mentions something wrong about it, be sure to berate them, and repost the whole thing again.

Solvency
Apr 28, 2008

G0RF posted:

:lol:

Here, have some DonutGate...

OH WAIT, THEY DELETED DONUTGATE FROM THE PUBLIC RECORD!

What a completely non-obvious cut.

Solvency
Apr 28, 2008

Don't worry about EightAce leaving the thread; it's not like he's left CIG yet and look how bad they treat him.

Solvency
Apr 28, 2008

EightAce changed one of his posts in his history to be just .. also. On the 11th page of his posts in this thread. Curious...

Solvency
Apr 28, 2008

Screams eeeEEE posted:

it keeps happening

He appears to be wiping a large amount of his previous pots

Solvency
Apr 28, 2008

moveable shape posted:

Sandis personality disorder(s) are as painfully obvious as Ben's rapid weight gain.

Her forced smiles are like the single strained button on Bens shirts which could explode violently at any second, releasing its terrible burden

The best thing that could happen is to see her do a total meltdown on a live show. We got close with the tear filled non-resignation at Citizen con.

Solvency
Apr 28, 2008

Shape that narrative MoMA; shape that narrative.

Solvency
Apr 28, 2008

Hey Lando, since apparently you read this thread I have a bit of friendly advice.

Trim your beard a bit more. You'll look less like a Hobo if it's nicely trimmed. Unless you are actually going for the "I haven't had time to do anything but work in 2 months" look, in which case, you are doing that splendidly.

Solvency
Apr 28, 2008

I.N.R.I posted:

Hi,

Please remember to visit or call your parents every so often. They raised you with love and went to great lengths to do so, so you should appreciate them.

Reading the evolution of your post history is hilarious, you go from:

I.N.R.I posted:

You should all meet up in real life and have gay sex with each other

I.N.R.I posted:

Y'all cum inside farm animals.

to your current gimmick.

Solvency
Apr 28, 2008

In an alternative reality Ben got obsessed with Battlecruiser 3000AD rather than Wing Commander, and became a disciple of Derek Smart.

Solvency
Apr 28, 2008

Page 3400! Will Star Citizen be released by page 6800? Will the E.L.E. finally occur? Stay tuned. Two weeks.

Solvency
Apr 28, 2008

Actually, while we are on the topic of the new Call of Duty, how is Derek's own LoD supposed to compete with that? Derek, how can a small budget game like yours even survive when a major publisher enters into the same space?

Solvency
Apr 28, 2008

stinch posted:

:lol: Not that surprising though, their site is a mess of poor content so why would anybody else link to it?

I wouldn't be surprised if the most linked to part of the site is the Stimpire post.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Solvency
Apr 28, 2008

Could someone explain this to me, how do the dates of the tweets implicate INN as being paid? What am I not getting?

• Locked thread