Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
recipes and anime

good first page

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
hey reddit, archive this

middle finger ascii

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

same

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Im_drunk posted:

Hello, friends. Great thread here with rich content. I'm happy to share this forum of reason and understanding with all of you. Is Star Citizen out yet?

yep here is a screenshot

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Node posted:

Where can I find a summary of Star Citizen, Derek Smart, and how this whole debacle came to be?

I've always been ignoring the Star Citizen threads. I literally had no idea Derek Smart, Derek Smart, DEREK SMART! had anything to do with it until just now.

oh boy are you going down a rabbit hole and are you going to regret it

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

peter gabriel posted:

Star Citizen the game is late coming out, many think it won;t ever.
Derek stepped in to call everyone a cocksucker, especially those making the game.
They got pissy, Derek got pissy and then Reddit lumbered in and got pissy.
They all stood in a triangle pissing all over each other, all over each other legs, torsos, even in each other mouths, for weeks.
Then they all went for a few lemonades, got together again and pissed all over each other again.
That brigs you bang up to date I think

holy poo poo

PISSS

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Node posted:

Where can I find a summary of Star Citizen, Derek Smart, and how this whole debacle came to be?

I've always been ignoring the Star Citizen threads. I literally had no idea Derek Smart, Derek Smart, DEREK SMART! had anything to do with it until just now.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vUz9xCTOPRw

this is a good summary

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
how did gary oldman, other terrible face guy, or pubes not get mentioned at all in page 1 what the gently caress

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Blazing Zero posted:

i havent been keeping up eonwe, please forgive me! :sweatdrop:

i forgive you

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
Star Citizen is dead, Goonrathi is dead and even if it wasn't Kimsemus would prob join Starfleet Dental

Even after being Kimsemsus'd himself Beer didn't let him back in

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
He is free in my heart because of this dead game and in future games Kimsemus and I will not be as harsh to the people who did not treat him kindly

Forgive and forget

:)

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
When people got Kimsemsus'd though it was pretty funny

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

pftc posted:

Closest thing to an answer I'll ever get, I suppose.

The answer is that some goons got angry and got Kimsemus and thatguy kicked out of Goonrathi and Eve goons because they PvPed in an open PvP area because a small corp of the officers decided they didn't want them to in a completely unrelated video game

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
Kimsemus and thatguy are good

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
lol at the pic in the other thread

THE WULGE

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

peter gabriel posted:

Without this guy how are they going to continue to expertly manipulate Cryengine into doing the impossible like having crosshairs and running well?

he was the only thing holding the crosshairs together

now the crosshairs are pointed at the player character himself

HOLY SHITTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
i like how they are always like 'WHAT DEREK SAYS ISNT TRUE' and there is always some damning evidence like a ship being named POTATO

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

alphabettitouretti posted:

At least he can leave with his head held high in the knowledge that it was a good job well done.

lol

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
does working at certain dev studios put a black mark on you? like lets say you worked at zynga

is that a ding against you for a job? because if so I feel bad for what kind of black mark people are going to get over CIG

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

SneakyFrog posted:

maybe the mocap actor died and they had to keep it concealed for tax reasons so they just did the weekend at bernies thing.

correct

bernie was actually just carrying the weight of the lower and middle class on his back this weekend

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

kordansk posted:

I might be wrong, but I think in many cases your work speaks for itself. If you are an artist, you have ea portfolio, if you are a developer you might have some sample code you have written, etc.

okay that makes sense

i guess the artists could get a pass but i feel like it would be hard to brag about your star citizen portfolio as a developer :stare:

i guess you could sell it as "look, this was a mess and I helped make it not a mess by doing X, Y, Z"

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

im glad of this emote

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
:bernin:

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
i actually feel bad for all the CIG employees to be fair

imagine being an artist and having something approved, and then they are just like, nah redo that

even worse, imagine being a developer, hell also imagine having a hand in creating the engine and being told to do things that are not simply impractical but actually not possible

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

ShredsYouSay posted:

what originally created the space court meme

im not sure, but Kimsemus and thatguy have played a major role in space court and it is too bad those in Goonrathi never gave them their day in space court before this game fell apart completely

luckily Starfleet Dental would likely accept them in open arms if this game were to ever come out and other games won't necessarily share the same exact leadership

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
im the george r r martin lookalike

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Goredema posted:

It would actually be anti-climactic if Goonrathi let him in at this point, since it would mean the joke was over. A lifetime ban from a gaming clan (founded to play a failed non-game), based on some incident involving fishing that happened in a Korean grind-fest MMO, is way funnier if it just never gets reversed forever.

it is pretty funny

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
im sure its totally normal and expected that people relearn the jobs every few months in time to go to another job

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Karl_Ramseier posted:

Regarding my investment:
0$. My packages are still gifted from my brother in law, but he is a concierge backer and I have access to his account. Likewise his twitter account. And vice versa. I wouldn't have a problem to "admit" anything. I paid 120E for ED, 50 for Battletech, Divinity 50€, Aquanox 50€. So one could say I love kickstarter projects.
I would have pledged a constellation package, but I got a nice birthday present, so no need to invest any money, end of story.

Regarding CIG and SC:
At the end of the day they will do whatever they think is appropriate and they only react if the pledge counter slows down. If I think the allegations are true ( I don't) doesn't make a difference.
We are all just producing noise, except the OP, he also produces also a lot of hot air. The escapist had at least the guts to stay behind their article. Mr. Smart just sends some fancy letters. Get the lawsuit going already mighty internet warlord.

nobody cares and nobody read any of this

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Eonwe posted:

nobody cares and nobody read any of this

that was mean im sorry we fought

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Karl_Ramseier posted:

More blogs and more hot air. As always, mighty internet warlord. And if you take it kindly or not, you are a loving liar. We are all waiting for you to do something since July and we will still be waiting in January.

please stop doing what you are doing

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
lol

being a pedo? 7 day suspension from RSI forums
posting on SA? permaban from RSI forums
PvPing against pubbie fishermen in an open PvP area and banning a pedo from goon squad in a kmmo? permaban from FJLK

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Tank Boy Ken posted:

They banned him for 10 years in May 2014.

its hilarious because that is still less probation time than beer

lol

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Goredema posted:

Fair enough, let me restate things: being a Goon and being a pedophile are apparently equally offensive to CIG moderators.

lol

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
the hilarious thing is the star citizen thread isn't even as crazy as the Archeage thread was in its heyday

one time some guy outed himself as a parachute account of a permabanned user then beecocked and goatsed the thread and honestly that was so par for the course in the thread that nobody even reported the posts for like 3 loving days

it was awesome

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
lol

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

this is my cat

she gets in cabinets sometimes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

here is some pho i had, it was 'dirty' pho which means they seared the meat instead of putting it in raw

p good

so this place is like a vietnamese-american fusion restaurant i guess you could say

• Locked thread