Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
pun pundit
Nov 11, 2008

I feel the same way about the company bearing the same name.

That's the noise all of the people spending hundreds or thousands of dollars on spaceship jpegs will make when they finally realize the SC development has run out of money and they won't be flying their jpegs in a persistent universe shooting unbelievers (people who did not "invest" in SC).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pun pundit
Nov 11, 2008

Also this project has already shown that art depends on coding, see that ship that had to be redesigned after the flight model was done because it wouldn't work with the current thruster positions. So you need many programmers. Unless your business model is to sell non-existent JPEG ships.

If I broke my wrists, I would take time off work to recover regardless of whether I could technically still do my job though.

pun pundit
Nov 11, 2008

What is your time and dealing with customer service frustration worth to you? If you think you can get your $40 back without more than $40 worth of time and frustration, do it.

pun pundit
Nov 11, 2008

If you want a good mechanical keyboard, get a model M. It is the reverse of star citizen, all substance and no style.

pun pundit
Nov 11, 2008

Space Engineer players are building working space elevators in their seamless space to planet game, how long until croberts promises the same for Star Citizen? Place your bets. Keep in mind that it would be a terrible idea with a realistically scaled planet because of how long you'd have to sit in the elevator car to get to orbit.

pun pundit
Nov 11, 2008

Jobbo_Fett posted:

The game has gone from crowdfunding to crowdsourcing. Soon enough, the fans will jist make the game without CiG, but it'll be a giant clusterfuck that will splinter off into many groups with many failures

Imagine four JPEGs on the edge of a cliff. Say a rework of the JPEG nearest the cliff is sent to the back of the line of JPEGs and takes the place of the first JPEG. The formerly first JPEG becomes the second, the second becomes the third, and the fourth has its assets cannibalized to make new JPEGs. Star Citizen ship release scheduling works the same way.

pun pundit
Nov 11, 2008

Required Parachute posted:

(No offense to the fat, loser goons in this thread)

Hey, I donated all my fat to Ben. I'm just a loser goon now.

pun pundit
Nov 11, 2008

This is the best evidence so far that Star Citizen is not a video game - there's no Steve Blum in that list.

pun pundit
Nov 11, 2008

Illectro engages in griefing and tries to get in a constellation https://youtu.be/aQzX2xjGoM8

pun pundit
Nov 11, 2008

Libluini posted:

So basically Elite assumes future science has advanced enough to make moving your ship feel smooth even if your controls are linked to your thrusters and not magic, while Star Citizen assumes futures science is the same as today, so every ship feels like it was build by NASA today?

The way Star Citizen works looks more realistic, but apparently forgets due to technical limitations of our computers, all that extra effort is wasted and has basically the opposite effect of making flying feel worse.

No, SC wants to have space combat feel like ww2 air combat, but it wants to simulate everything with physics... So it puts in thrusters that are orders of magnitude more powerful than is plausible. And doesn't put in any tanks for reaction mass. And has manouvers induce g forces on the pilot, but not the passengers. So it simulates reality where CR thinks he knows how things work, and ignores it everywhere else. It's schizo as hell.

pun pundit
Nov 11, 2008

It wouldn't surprise me one bit if they were the same people.

pun pundit
Nov 11, 2008

World of Tanks developer Wargaming has been going to great lengths to not nerf tanks they have sold for real money. This is because in the EU, lowering the value of a digital good sold is legally actionable.

Think about what that means for "everything is subject to change" Star Citizen ships. Like the Constellation Phoenix that was sold as having a more powerful power plant, now it has a tiny extra power plant instead. That's legally actionable.

pun pundit
Nov 11, 2008

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=35K6vQRt67g

You see the name on the forum post
posting gold on every smear piece
and it says grand admiral
that name is me

in the photos of the supporters
there's no question why I'm smiling
I bought a piece of paradise
I bought a piece of dream

It'll get me everything I wanted
It'll get me everything I need
don't need to believe in the Derek
just believe in dreams

Chorus:
Cos Roberts he knows me
and he knows I'm rich
I've been buying from Roberts - I'm his bitch
oh yes he knows me
and he knows I'm rich
and he's been telling me
that I can buy more ships

Embezzling from the family
with my ever loving wife beside me
but she don't know about my Idris
or the Hull I bought last night

Do you believe in Chris
cos that's what I'm buying
and if you wanna fly some spaceships
he'll see you right

I won't even have to leave my house
or get outta my chair
I don't even have to click that link
the 'verse's right here

(Chorus)

won't find him practicing what he's preaching
wont' find him making no sacrifice
but he can get you a battleship or mining ship
if you promise to post well, try to post nice
Chris will take good care of you
just do as he says, don't do as he do

I'm counting my starships
I've found true happiness
cos I'm getting poorer, day by day
I can find them on the website
just buy each shiny starship
I can do it any time I want
before it's out of stock

There can be no doubt in my mind
I believe everything he's saying
if I want to get closer to him
get on the 'net and start paying

(chorus)

pun pundit
Nov 11, 2008

ewe2 posted:

Great parody, that was almost mix and match!

So much of it fits without modification. I considered doing it from Chris's point of view but for that I could just replace "God" with "ships" and "Jesus" with "Backers" and call it a day.

pun pundit
Nov 11, 2008

Solomonic posted:

beaglerush is a goon so it's probably a reasonable bet that he is In On The Joke

I watched for a bit, he seemed sincere about his liking for the various ships. IDK. His youtube XCOM videos are very entertaining, anyway.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pun pundit
Nov 11, 2008

So when the MVP is released to scathing reviews, will the backers blame publishers for paying for negative SC reviews, or reviewers for not understanding the game has yet to achieve its final form?

• Locked thread